Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,995 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:44 AM

Falana Blasts Buhari Over Presidential Form ‘loan’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Falana Blasts Buhari Over Presidential Form ‘loan’ (3459 Views)

Falana Blasts Buhari Over G7 Request / Jonathan Is In Possession Of My Presidential Form- Abiola's Wife Alleges / Buhari Nomination Form Loan: Three Things I Have Learnt About Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Falana Blasts Buhari Over Presidential Form ‘loan’ by Nobody: 11:00am On Oct 24, 2014
Senior lawyer, Femi Falana, has faulted the decision of a presidential aspirant of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Muhammad Buhari, to take out a bank loan to purchase his party’s intent form for the presidential race.

Mr. Falana spoke on Thursday in Abeokuta at the 2014 Press Week of the Paramount F.M chapter of the Nigeria Union of Journalists, NUJ, Ogun State Council, on the topic, Current Security Challenges; Implications For 2015 Election.

“That action of taking bank loan is indefensible. I have condemned it and political parties should do something about that. If you are obtaining loans for forms, what about elections? Elections cost billions in Nigeria and that should be discouraged,” Mr. Falana said.

He enjoined Nigerians to shun ethnic, religious and other primordial sentiments in voting in candidates.

He said what Nigerians should look out for are qualities that will fix roads, reduce poverty and deal with insecurity issue.

Similarly, Mr. Falana charged the media not to extend undue favour to any candidate or political party. He said their report should also be issue based, while more effort should be directed at fighting corruption.

Mr. Falana stressed that only individuals with competence and commitment should get Nigerians’ votes.

On local government autonomy, Mr. Falana said in the true sense of the word, no arm of government in Nigeria is truly autonomous, arguing that as long as states continued to run to Abuja for survival, autonomy exists only on paper.

www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/170002-falana-blasts-buhari-over-presidential-form-loan.html
Re: Falana Blasts Buhari Over Presidential Form ‘loan’ by Mekateka: 11:06am On Oct 24, 2014
Buhari please what is the name of the bank you took loan from? I need loan to run for presidency too

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana Blasts Buhari Over Presidential Form ‘loan’ by wizzie001(m): 11:27am On Oct 24, 2014
If he had to collect loan to purchase a form, where would he then see the money to fund campaigns/rallies The last time I checked, billions of naira were expended for that purpose alone, not even now that stomach infastructure has come to stay sad

7 Likes

Re: Falana Blasts Buhari Over Presidential Form ‘loan’ by Nobody: 11:34am On Oct 24, 2014
wizzie001:
If he had to collect loan to purchase a form, where would he then see the money to fund campaigns/rallies The last time I checked, billions of naira were expended for that purpose alone, not even now that stomach infastructure has come to stay sad
my point too, must buhari start his campaign with lies and calumny?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana Blasts Buhari Over Presidential Form ‘loan’ by Nobody: 11:34am On Oct 24, 2014
wizzie001:
Re: Falana Blasts Buhari Over Presidential Form ‘loan’ by Nobody: 11:38am On Oct 24, 2014
So much for Integrity and inorruption
see wind don blow "progressive governor"s "yan.sh" of wastage of government resources

APC and Hypocrisy.
Fayemi and his N100million naira bed is a story worth telling at home, church, mosque, pub, in the bus and even in the grave.
The concluding part is that those that blamed and harassed and haunted and hounded Princess Stella Oduah Ogiemwonyi for buying armoured car have suddenly gone asleep over this satanic bed procured by Fayemi.
Where is Femi Falana, Wole Soyinka and all other pseudo human rights activists? Why double standard? How do you define profligacy, stealing and crime than that a Ekiti that could not pay salary of its workers can spend N100million on sleeping mattress, duvet, pillow and pillow cases for the governor and his wife.
Why should the governor and his wife sleep in separate rooms at State expenses. Now, we know why Ekiti people booted out Fayemi and his N100million bed.
How much does his bathroom slippers, toothbrush and sponge cost? May be N15million. We are yet to add executive pyjamas and I'm sure even the gossy water Fayemi drink might have cost Ekiti State as much as N5000 per bottle.
Shame on our human right community who always go asleep each time APC Molests Nigeria. Shame on those APC members who masquerade as human right activists.
Where is our Oby Ezekwesili and Other human rights activists?

Hmm only GEJ and pdp are "corrupt".... APC are not corrupt ehh! Lets call a spade a spade.. even Buhari is corrupt...

10 Likes

Re: Falana Blasts Buhari Over Presidential Form ‘loan’ by brownlord: 11:58am On Oct 24, 2014
I had no shoe Jonathan 2011

I took bank loan to purchase nomination form. Buhari 2014

Politicians deceiving Nigerians since 1914

6 Likes

Re: Falana Blasts Buhari Over Presidential Form ‘loan’ by youngeagle(m): 12:15pm On Oct 24, 2014
brownlord:
I had no shoe Jonathan 2011

I took bank loan to purchase nomination form. Buhari 2014

Politicians deceiving Nigerians since 1914
he had no shoe is not a physical shoe dude,he started from the bottom,that should be a word of encouragement to u,not a laughing stuff

15 Likes

Re: Falana Blasts Buhari Over Presidential Form ‘loan’ by youngeagle(m): 12:18pm On Oct 24, 2014
i still wonder what the general wanted from the populace when he made that statement.

8 Likes

Re: Falana Blasts Buhari Over Presidential Form ‘loan’ by Omimah: 12:27pm On Oct 24, 2014
wizzie001:
Campaigns are financed by the parties, not just the flag bearers.
Re: Falana Blasts Buhari Over Presidential Form ‘loan’ by mactonnyso: 12:30pm On Oct 24, 2014
BUhari can only DECEIVE his fellow cattle rearers and mugus in APC to get their sympathy that he took a bank loan to
contest and fund presidential campaign in nigeria.

8 Likes

Re: Falana Blasts Buhari Over Presidential Form ‘loan’ by omenka(m): 12:34pm On Oct 24, 2014
He enjoined Nigerians to shun ethnic, religious and other primordial sentiments in voting in candidates.

He said what Nigerians should look out for are qualities that
will fix roads, reduce poverty and deal with insecurity issue.
Timely message for the Cankerworms!!!
Re: Falana Blasts Buhari Over Presidential Form ‘loan’ by Nobody: 12:56pm On Oct 24, 2014
youngeagle:
i still wonder what the general wanted from the populace when he made that statement.
he wants our sympathy. No one sympathizes with a murderer.

1 Like

Re: Falana Blasts Buhari Over Presidential Form ‘loan’ by wizzie001(m): 1:18pm On Oct 24, 2014
Omimah:

Campaigns are financed by the parties, not just the flag bearers.
Is it also the party that will help him to be feeding hundred of thousands people trooping to his house everyday? My point is, he should atleast have a large pocket to foot some bills and have smth to fall back on in case the un imaginable happens sad
Re: Falana Blasts Buhari Over Presidential Form ‘loan’ by Nobody: 1:31pm On Oct 24, 2014
His saying he borrowed from a bank is not even that big a problem. It only shows how unqualified he is to vie for the highest seat in the country.
If he couldn't manage all his pensions and loots to be able to glean a paltry 26m for his form, is it the national treasury he can handle?

I can remember one clown telling me in the other thread that he used his 'integrity' as a collateralcheesy....lmao

4 Likes

Re: Falana Blasts Buhari Over Presidential Form ‘loan’ by RockMaxi: 1:55pm On Oct 24, 2014
youngeagle:
he had no shoe is not a physical shoe dude,he started from the bottom,that should be a word of encouragement to u,not a laughing stuff

Yes o my brother, he actually started from the bottom little wonder he has been able to increase fuel pump price from 65naira to 97naira. embarassed His late predecessor that did not start from the bottom reduce it from 70naira to 65naira.

We are waiting for the next encouragement campaign slogan for 2015.

For the man that went to borrow to finance his nomination form, all of them na strategy aimed at deceiving the masses. shocked

Re: Falana Blasts Buhari Over Presidential Form ‘loan’ by Omimah: 2:22pm On Oct 24, 2014
wizzie001:

Is it also the party that will help him to be feeding hundred of thousands people trooping to his house everyday? My point is, he should atleast have a large pocket to foot some bills and have smth to fall back on in case the un imaginable happens sad
Buhari doesn't pay anybody money.
Re: Falana Blasts Buhari Over Presidential Form ‘loan’ by mrofficial(m): 2:34pm On Oct 24, 2014
hisblud:
So much for Integrity and inorruption
see wind don blow "progressive governor"s "yan.sh" of wastage of government resources

Hmm only GEJ and pdp are "corrupt".... APC are not corrupt ehh! Lets call a spade a spade.. even Buhari is corrupt...

Fayemi didn't buy each bed for N50m as the propaganda has tried to make Nigerians believe. And that is a government house for Ekiti, not Fayemi's.
Re: Falana Blasts Buhari Over Presidential Form ‘loan’ by Tintinix: 2:54pm On Oct 24, 2014
mrofficial:

Fayemi didn't buy each bed for N50m as the propaganda has tried to make Nigerians believe. And that is a government house for Ekiti, not Fayemi's.

I agree that the bed may no be worth 50M but that's what the invoice will say and that is the bane of the lambasting!
APC e-warriors use your brain.

ehn Please someone remind me.. what was the cost of the Stella Oduah's BULLET PROOF AUTOMOBILE again??

2 Likes

Re: Falana Blasts Buhari Over Presidential Form ‘loan’ by mrofficial(m): 2:57pm On Oct 24, 2014
Tintinix:

I agree that the bed may no be worth 50M but that's what the invoice will say and that is the bane of the lambasting!
APC e-warriors use your brain.

Where is the Invoice? Have you seen it? Fayose is a crook, and will do anything to get sympathy from the people.

Have you not heard about the Speaker's petrol station he locked up?
Re: Falana Blasts Buhari Over Presidential Form ‘loan’ by nigerianvenom(m): 3:00pm On Oct 24, 2014
Buhari is a criminal and we know so

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana Blasts Buhari Over Presidential Form ‘loan’ by nigerianvenom(m): 3:02pm On Oct 24, 2014
youngeagle:

Dont mind those coconut heads.they cant comprehend

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Falana Blasts Buhari Over Presidential Form ‘loan’ by Tintinix: 3:06pm On Oct 24, 2014
mrofficial:

Where is the Invoice? Have you seen it? Fayose is a crook, and will do anything to get sympathy from the people.

Have you not heard about the Speaker's petrol station he locked up?

ah ah!
I have not seen invoice oh!
Na Aide talk am oh!!! Fayose supported and the comments have been flowing.

smiley
Re: Falana Blasts Buhari Over Presidential Form ‘loan’ by Myself2(m): 3:15pm On Oct 24, 2014
menabadoo:
wizzie001:
mactonnyso:
BUhari can only DECEIVE his fellow cattle rearers and mugus in APC to get their sympathy that he took a bank loan to
contest and fund presidential campaign in nigeria.

BUHARI: Deceiving gullible Nigerians since 1970 AD

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Falana Blasts Buhari Over Presidential Form ‘loan’ by Iykopee(m): 3:17pm On Oct 24, 2014
menabadoo:
Senior lawyer, Femi Falana, has faulted the decision of a presidential aspirant of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Muhammad Buhari, to take out a bank loan to purchase his party’s intent form for the presidential race.

Mr. Falana spoke on Thursday in Abeokuta at the 2014 Press Week of the Paramount F.M chapter of the Nigeria Union of Journalists, NUJ, Ogun State Council, on the topic, Current Security Challenges; Implications For 2015 Election.

“That action of taking bank loan is indefensible. I have condemned it and political parties should do something about that. If you are obtaining loans for forms, what about elections? Elections cost billions in Nigeria and that should be discouraged,” Mr. Falana said.

He said what Nigerians should look out for are qualities that will fix roads, reduce poverty and deal with insecurity issue.

Similarly, Mr. Falana charged the media not to extend undue favour to any candidate or political party. He said their report should also be issue based, while more effort should be directed at fighting corruption.

Mr. Falana stressed that only individuals with competence and commitment should get Nigerians’ votes.

On local government autonomy, Mr. Falana said in the true sense of the word, no arm of government in Nigeria is truly autonomous, arguing that as long as states continued to run to Abuja for survival, autonomy exists only on paper.

www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/170002-falana-blasts-buhari-over-presidential-form-loan.html
its most annoying that buhari started by telling Nigerians lies that he borrowed money to purchase a form for 2015 presidential elections gamble . how can we trust this exponential liar to be the messiah

2 Likes

Re: Falana Blasts Buhari Over Presidential Form ‘loan’ by Amanwulu1(m): 3:17pm On Oct 24, 2014
menabadoo:
dat's anoda "I had no shoes" strategy but dis smacks of insensitivity. Chei! Buhari come up wit anoda tin.
Re: Falana Blasts Buhari Over Presidential Form ‘loan’ by maestroferddi: 3:23pm On Oct 24, 2014
The fact that a man that is aspiring to lead Nigeria has the temerity to state that he took out a loan to purchase a nomination form says it all.

In a sane society, that singular assertion should be ample enough to cost him the nomination.

He must either be a stark financial illiterate or an ignorant lawbreaker not to know that banks are not allowed to bankroll political activities.

The man should better be enjoying his retirement than continue to expose himself to further humiliation.

2 Likes

Re: Falana Blasts Buhari Over Presidential Form ‘loan’ by Malawian(m): 3:26pm On Oct 24, 2014
if buhari actually took a bank loan, we want to see the paper work to confirm it. we also want to know how he will get the money to pay back the loan.
Re: Falana Blasts Buhari Over Presidential Form ‘loan’ by Nobody: 3:48pm On Oct 24, 2014
Malawian:
if buhari actually took a bank loan, we want to see the paper work to confirm it. we also want to know how he will get the money to pay back the loan.
then we also want to know that stewpid bank manager than borrowed him 27million for political campaign thereby putting the bank at risk.

we should also know what he used as collateral.

1 Like

Re: Falana Blasts Buhari Over Presidential Form ‘loan’ by Diablo666: 4:36pm On Oct 24, 2014
you guys obviously have a problem with comprehension and ithat falana is even more pathetic as a supposed SAN.
let me give you all an example. lets say I have about million naira in my bank account. and I want to buy a car which would cost me #950,000. it is the responsibility of my account manager to turn down the cheque request to purchase the car seeing that it would leave my account in red as he is looking out for my best interest financially. but if the said car is very important to me and I am credit worthy, even if its a little bit above the amount I have left in my account, I can request from the bank manager to honour it.
Buhari never said he took a bank loan to purchase the form. all he stated was he had asked his bank manager to honour the check even if that would leave his account balance in red, black or green.
The media in this country is even doing more harm than the thieving politicians I swear

1 Like

Re: Falana Blasts Buhari Over Presidential Form ‘loan’ by corperscorner: 4:51pm On Oct 24, 2014
[size=20pt]All politician loot for the same reason.....to build a museum[/size]
Re: Falana Blasts Buhari Over Presidential Form ‘loan’ by Dmano: 5:07pm On Oct 24, 2014
The last time i check 2011,he did not obtain a bank loan & yet d baboon & goat were soak in blood,help me ask him who will b soak this time wit dis loan. Chai Aso rock sweet o,but not 4u 75year old man

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

See President Mugabe's Luxurious Private Mansion (PHOTOS) / Video Shows Shiites Attacked Nigerian Army Cheif / Poisoning! Man Exposes How Northern Governors Plans To Replace Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.