Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,842 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:25 AM

Unboxing And Review - Elephone G5 - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Unboxing And Review - Elephone G5 (12187 Views)

Infinix hot discussion and review thread! / Jiayu F2,S2,S3,G4-G4s,G5-G5s,G6 Discussion Thread / Tecno D5 full Specifications and review (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unboxing And Review - Elephone G5 by Lsgeofficial: 6:03pm On Oct 25, 2014
My Jiayu g2f Kill this phone passionately.
Re: Unboxing And Review - Elephone G5 by initialize(m): 3:06am On Oct 26, 2014
Godvilla:
Elephone G6 is a far more better option

5" Smartphone Elephone G6 MTK6592 Dual SIM 3G Cellular Cell Phones Mobile Phone Android 4.4 Fingerprint ID
Main Features:
5.0 Inch Capacitive Touch Screen,1280*720
Fingerprint ID, Gesture Recognition,OTG,WIFI,GPS
CPU: MTK6592 Octa Core,1.7GHz
GPU:ARM MALI-450 MP
Android 4.4.2
1GB RAM;8GB ROM
Dual Camera(1*Front camera:2.0MP;1*back camera:13.0M)
2G:GSM:850/900/1800/1900MHz
3G:WCDMA:850/1900/2100MH
Battery 2250mah

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Elephone G5 Mobile Phone Android 4.4 Dual SIM 3G Cellular WCDMA 5.5" Cell Phones
Main Features:
-5.5 Inch HD IPS Capacitive Touch Screen,1280*720
-CPU: MTK6582 Quad Core
-CPU Speed:Max 1.3GHz
-GPU:ARM MALI-400MP
-Android 4.4.2
-1GB RAM;8GB ROM
-Dual Camera(1*Front camera:5.0MP;1*back camera:13.0MP)
-3G:WCDMA:850/2100MHz(HSDPA)
-2G:GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz
-Support OTG
Battery 2550mah

****Specs don't lie. The Elephone G6 isn't better than the Elephone G5 in anyway, I was even wondering what why Elephone will choose to put a 2250mah on the Elephone G6 which is an Octacore phone with a higher PPI (which means it require more battery power) when the Elephone G5 has a 2550mah.

Aside the Fingerprint ID panel which has little or no significance, the G6 doesn't edge the G5 cos if you compare both specs, the G5 is a way better option than the G6

Compare in terms of:

Price
Design
Camera
Battery
Screen Material (G6 is IPS screen while G5 has Gorilla Glass layer)
Performance (Despite the G6 having an Octacore processor; An octacore processor working with a 1GB RAM has serious limitation, thus the processor difference is negligible)
Screen size (This is a function of user preference) some like it small, others medium and others Large.

*****You have rights to you opinion but I just stated my review of both phones*****

Thanks
Re: Unboxing And Review - Elephone G5 by initialize(m): 3:10am On Oct 26, 2014
Lsgeofficial:
My Jiayu g2f Kill this phone passionately.

Tah!

Firstly, you should know that I am also a "Jiayu" man (I typed this with my G4S).

The Jiayu G2F can't fight this Elephone, so 'kill is over-emphasized.

wink
Re: Unboxing And Review - Elephone G5 by initialize(m): 3:15am On Oct 26, 2014
chukux2:
http://www.elephone.hk/g5.html
Battery = 2550mAh, that's all i need to know to decide "no can't do".

When Gionee M2 with 4000mAh is still rocking my world and costing only N20k. Good luck!

The Gionee M2 does have a kill battery, I sold several units too but aside the battery, what's left?

You can draw up a list, I'm around.
Re: Unboxing And Review - Elephone G5 by Nobody: 3:55am On Oct 26, 2014
initialize:

The Gionee M2 does have a kill battery, I sold several units too but aside the battery, what's left?

Battery aside Most Androids are all round functional with their combination of features. Thus in my scale of preference battery capacity is a BIG FACTOR! Carries like 60% of the ratings after which other things can follow
Re: Unboxing And Review - Elephone G5 by bharkarh(m): 11:46am On Oct 26, 2014
initialize:

how Mich is the elephone g5 sir?
Re: Unboxing And Review - Elephone G5 by initialize(m): 2:03pm On Oct 26, 2014
bharkarh:
how Mich is the elephone g5 sir?

#25,000
Re: Unboxing And Review - Elephone G5 by initialize(m): 2:09pm On Oct 26, 2014
chukux2:

Battery aside Most Androids are all round functional with their combination of features. Thus in my scale of preference battery capacity is a BIG FACTOR! Carries like 60% of the ratings after which other things can follow

I see you interest lies only in battery capacity.
Re: Unboxing And Review - Elephone G5 by maxdozie(m): 2:27pm On Oct 26, 2014
you guys wont understand...
Am currently using a Gionee m2..
And using a phone that its ba3 capacity is below 4200mah is now a problem to me

Like seriously this Elephone G5 has good spec..
"Triping for this Device"
But the Ba3 is not impressive...

Looking toward jiayu f2

1 Like

Re: Unboxing And Review - Elephone G5 by Lsgeofficial: 2:55pm On Oct 26, 2014
initialize:

Tah!

Firstly, you should know that I am also a "Jiayu" man (I typed this with my G4S).

The Jiayu G2F can't fight this Elephone, so 'kill is over-emphasized.

wink
what's Ta.. Pls don't compare this phone with g4s.. They not mate... A phone that couldn't record 20, 000 on antutu benchmark is d same with g4s?....Jiayu g2f beat it...abeg its scrap..... Wait for the unleash of Jiayu F2..

Re: Unboxing And Review - Elephone G5 by initialize(m): 3:44pm On Oct 26, 2014
Lsgeofficial:
what's Ta.. Pls don't compare this phone with g4s.. They not mate... A phone that couldn't record 20, 000 on antutu benchmark is d same with g4s?....Jiayu g2f beat it...abeg its scrap..... Wait for the unleash of Jiayu F2..

Read my first reply again.

There's no where I compared the phone with a G4S, I just made you realize that I use a Jiayu G4S.

Don't compare the Jiayu G2F with the Elephone G5. Jiayu phones are of good quality and highly durable but the Jiayu G2F specs is lower than the Elephone G5.

I have sold Jiayu G6, Jiayu G4S, Jiayu G3C, Jiayu F2, F1 and S1...... I will sell the Jiayu S3 and F2 also. So relax

Re: Unboxing And Review - Elephone G5 by Osyxcel(m): 11:20am On Oct 27, 2014
initialize:

There's no where I compared the phone with a G4S, I just made you realize that I use a Jiayu G4S.

Don't compare the Jiayu G2F with the Elephone G5. Jiayu phones are of good quality and highly durable but the Jiayu G2F specs is lower than the Elephone G5.

I have sold Jiayu G6, Jiayu G4S, Jiayu G3C, Jiayu F2, F1 and S1...... I will sell the Jiayu S3 and F2 also. So relax

What is the difference in specs other than Android 4.4.2 and d camera?

What else? They are in the same category. Although I can't say of their performance because I've not handled Elephone G5, but Jiayu G2FW is very fast, rarely lags, and the camera is very good even in low light condition, the speakers (both front and back) are very clear.

But then again, since U sell both, you have an edge 'cos you must have handled both and you should have an idea which is better in performance.
Re: Unboxing And Review - Elephone G5 by Osyxcel(m): 11:25am On Oct 27, 2014
Lsgeofficial:
Re: Unboxing And Review - Elephone G5 by miami001(f): 8:34am On Oct 29, 2014
Ymodulus pls we really nid to tok urgently reply asap and drop ur watsap digit
Re: Unboxing And Review - Elephone G5 by Youngzedd(m): 9:25am On Oct 29, 2014
miami001:
Ymodulus pls we really nid to tok urgently reply asap and drop ur watsap digit

How I wish He could.
Re: Unboxing And Review - Elephone G5 by AMINDA: 1:38pm On Oct 29, 2014
initialize:

I am interested in doogee 550. Have you used this device before? I need a brief first hand review of the phone & its price. Thanks
Re: Unboxing And Review - Elephone G5 by initialize(m): 2:22pm On Oct 29, 2014
AMINDA:

I am interested in doogee 550. Have you used this device before? I need a brief first hand review of the phone & its price. Thanks

Good afternoon...

No, I haven't used the Doogee dg550 so I can't give a direct review unless I consult. I can relay a review though from research and users feed.

Cost #28,000 to Lagos
Re: Unboxing And Review - Elephone G5 by harizonal123(m): 2:43pm On Oct 29, 2014
initialize:

I see you interest lies only in battery capacity.
How sleek is this fone & total price including delivery to asaba
Re: Unboxing And Review - Elephone G5 by initialize(m): 2:54pm On Oct 29, 2014
harizonal123:
How sleek is this fone & total price including delivery to asaba

It's just as sleek as the OnePlus one cos that's the design they model it from.

Elephone G5 = #25,000

Waybill to Asaba = #2,000

Total = #27,000
Re: Unboxing And Review - Elephone G5 by harizonal123(m): 6:01am On Oct 30, 2014
initialize:

It's just as sleek as the OnePlus one cos that's the design they model it from.
Elephone G5 = #25,000
Waybill to Asaba = #2,000
Total = #27,000
Just 4 questions more
1. Does it come with a flip cover
2. Read online that the battery is suppose to be 3020Amh how come yours is 2550
3.How is the picture quality indoor under low light condition?
4. Can u help to root this device on delivery

1 Like

Re: Unboxing And Review - Elephone G5 by initialize(m): 11:10am On Oct 30, 2014
harizonal123:

Just 4 questions more
1. Does it come with a flip cover
2. Read online that the battery is suppose to be 3020Amh how come yours is 2550
3.How is the picture quality indoor under low light condition?
4. Can u help to root this device on delivery

Answers:
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::

1. At #25,000 it comes with Earphone, OTG Cable, screen protector, usb, and charger. No Flip Cover..... Flip Cover is #1,000

2. Online (Paper) specs are mostly Copy & Paste, It is advisable to watch an unboxing & video review to get the real/actual details....

Elephone G5 battery Capacity is 2550mah

3. All pictures on this thread were taken with the phone camera except stated otherwise. I use a Jiayu G4S

I only sell the Elephone G5, I don't have a review unit.

4. Before Delivery? Yes. On delivery? Not sure.

Rooting Android 4.4.2 requires a PC for now to my knowledge, I can root it with my PC which isn't mobile. So no way to get it along with me to point of delivery.

wink

1 Like

Re: Unboxing And Review - Elephone G5 by phazotron(m): 9:48am On Nov 02, 2014
ymodulus battery review ooooo we are waiting
Re: Unboxing And Review - Elephone G5 by Omotakins(m): 11:28pm On Nov 12, 2014
[quote author=initialize post=27576284]

Answers:
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::

1. At #25,000 it comes with Earphone, OTG Cable, screen protector, usb, and charger. No Flip Cover..... Flip Cover is #1,000

2. Online (Paper) specs are mostly Copy & Paste, It is advisable to watch an unboxing & video review to get the real/actual details....

Elephone G5 battery Capacity is 2550mah

3. All pictures on this thread were taken with the phone camera except stated otherwise. I use a Jiayu G4S

I only sell the Elephone G5, I don't have a review unit.

4. Before Delivery? Yes. On delivery? Not sure.

Rooting Android 4.4.2 requires a PC for now to my knowledge, I can root it with my PC which isn't mobile. So no way to get it along with me to point of delivery.

au can i get the flip pack?
Re: Unboxing And Review - Elephone G5 by Omotakins(m): 11:29pm On Nov 12, 2014
initialize, au can i get the flip pack?
Re: Unboxing And Review - Elephone G5 by Omotakins(m): 11:32pm On Nov 12, 2014
if possible, can i get its earphone? i bought one last monday without earphone. i was told it doesnt come with ear phone. Au about the flip cover, too?
Re: Unboxing And Review - Elephone G5 by Omotakins(m): 11:41pm On Nov 12, 2014
it was already rooted with supersu by the manufacturer. very sleek and beautiful.
Re: Unboxing And Review - Elephone G5 by Omotakins(m): 11:43pm On Nov 12, 2014
As for the battery, it is average. i have a power bank, anyway.
Re: Unboxing And Review - Elephone G5 by initialize(m): 5:12am On Nov 13, 2014
Omotakins:
initialize, au can i get the flip pack?

I have the flip pack on sale, so you can get it. I am in Lagos
Re: Unboxing And Review - Elephone G5 by Omotakins(m): 8:40am On Nov 13, 2014
Where in lagos? or can it be delivered to me at Ogere along lagos-ibadan expressway?
Re: Unboxing And Review - Elephone G5 by Omotakins(m): 12:12pm On Nov 13, 2014
initialize:

waiting for ur response
Re: Unboxing And Review - Elephone G5 by Omotakins(m): 3:13pm On Nov 13, 2014
Ymodulus:
[size=15pt]NETWORK[/size]
Both sims uses 3.75G

[size=15pt]DISPLAY[/size]
The elephone G5 comes with a Corning Gorilla glass II screen, QHD resolution, 16Million colors and a 5.5" Screen size ([size=15pt] I am a fan of big phone screens if i can get a phone of 30" yes i said 30". i will go for it. [/size])

[size=15pt]Notification light present[/size]

The Led notification light is the bomb. You can change the color of the light according to the notification. Example you can set Red Color for Messages, Blue color for Missed Call, , Green Color for charging.
pls, where do u go to do this? I have used the phone for over a week and it never occured to me I could do that. Thanks for your anticipated quick response.
Re: Unboxing And Review - Elephone G5 by Omotakins(m): 7:07am On Nov 14, 2014
initialize:

You said u're in lagos but never told me where u are in Lagos and if it's possible you have it delivered to me at Ogere

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Unlock Your Modem Here Free Of Charge Just Send In Your Imei / Free Unlock Software For Nokia Lumia 635 / MTN Discontinues Free Night Calls (screen Shot)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.