Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,307 members, 7,819,042 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

Salsa Abuja - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Salsa Abuja (3626 Views)

Salsa Craze In Nigeria / Closeup Fresh Challenge - Salsa Competition / Where Can I Learn To Dance The Salsa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Salsa Abuja by qleyo(f): 4:08pm On Nov 16, 2008
So I'm planning the big move back home in a month and in as much as I continue to get cold feet I know it's going to be amazing. But what gets me are the things I'm going to miss, pilates, sushi, fast internet, my blackberry (yes I know there is BB in Nigeria but it's so complicated) and salsa! Now all the others there is a remedy to, I do want to stay away from the internet anyway so thats great, pilates I can rent a video, sushi well I can get recipes I guess. But salsa! My heart sinks.

The irony is I did get into salsa in Lagos, La casa to be exact. Started taking classes and it such a beautiful thing. Not so easy when you live in Abuja! Are there any classes in Abuja? I haven't heard of any. Is any one interested in classes? Ideally if I could find a guy I could salsa with I'd be content, thats all I need a salsa fix every week. Or ideally we can start a group/night and teach those interested. What do you guys think?
Re: Salsa Abuja by jenniferiz: 2:47am On Dec 10, 2008
i am moving to abuja, i would love to know about any salsa bars, i love to dance.
Re: Salsa Abuja by AdamuW: 9:51am On Dec 15, 2008
Hi Ladies,

Actually there are two salsa bars running in Abuja where you can dance. On thursday there is one at the Dome Complex which is located in the Central business District near Churchgate towers. I can't remember the exact address but it is a very popular place so any good taxi driver can get you there. It starts at 7:30pm and it's run by a friend of mine called Dare. You get free beginner lessons and then dance afterwards.

Then there's Abuja Spice Salsa on Saturdays at Ceddi Plaza. It takes place at Aristotle Bar which is located at the basement of Ceddi Plaza. It starts at around 8:45 pm. I set that night up. Also there are lessons at various places every weekday now.

So the salsa scene in Abuja is picking up now. Hope to see you at one of these nights. The more the merrier and we hope to take it to the next level in 2009. Here are the blogs and facebook groups http://www.abujaspice..com/ http://www.abujaclubsalsa..com/ http://www.facebook.com/inbox/readmessage.php?t=1060938888429&f=1&e=0#/group.php?gid=32538065670

All the best.
Re: Salsa Abuja by Nobody: 10:14pm On Dec 16, 2008
Good luck to you all.

Salsa fix? Sounds like coke fix, lol. I feel your passion.

(1) (Reply)

Shady 2.0 (bet Cypher) / Hot Music : Vibez Inc – Instagram Ft. Muyeez & Seyi Vibez Download Mp3 / Proof Only Retards Listen To Lil Wayne

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.