Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,011 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

Please Read My Dilemma In Relocating To Nigeria - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Read My Dilemma In Relocating To Nigeria (1477 Views)

Wife To Separate From Husband For Relocating Too Much / I Am In A Dilemma / A Mother's Dilemma In An Rccg Creche (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Read My Dilemma In Relocating To Nigeria by missperfect: 8:40pm On Oct 24, 2014
Hi, I want to become an ace Nollywood producer
I know this sound delusional but it is real,I have spoken to producer Emem Isong, I will work alongside her projects as they come till I establish my own company.
I was meant to relocate to Lagos in March 2015, but now the NHS has awarded my application to study BSc Nursing and 1 year Midwifery to follow up all for free.
This will be my second degree, it is some kind of scheme. The course is mostly practical and a few class study so I will be working at the NHS throughout the degree course as part of the program. The course is free and I get paid full time too. They are trying to breed UK Nurses finally.

Before I got the letter, I wanted to produce world class films in Nollywood and start a film village campaign somewhere outside Lagos so no more car horn in films and all those shenanigans. The film village will have huge green rooms, they will be stunting, the village housing will be many stars main or second home with tight security like hollywood. If you remember Mighty Joe young? King Kong, Planet of the Apes, I dreamed of Africa? all those things are beans. They are easy for me its my major at Leicester uni with sound work experience. But now I could have another career.

Being a mid-wife is very cool and rewarding because my cousin is a midwife with the NHS and I have always envied her because her life was already in order at such a young age.
I need your advice and contribution please. And try not to laugh at me it is real lol. cheers
Re: Please Read My Dilemma In Relocating To Nigeria by Beesluv: 8:44pm On Oct 24, 2014
Miss perfect in dilemma?

What kind of advice can an imperfect me give?

3 Likes

Re: Please Read My Dilemma In Relocating To Nigeria by Nobody: 8:44pm On Oct 24, 2014
Are we not tired of advising you guys to shuttle between home and diaspora to test the waters ?
Re: Please Read My Dilemma In Relocating To Nigeria by bennyrazz: 8:51pm On Oct 24, 2014
you want to have a film village like Hollywood? my sister you better face your nursing career very well. The entertainment industry especially the movies is really polarized especially with the distribution of Cds, so many pirates out there. You hardly get back your ROI. Copyright laws aren't enforced and so many other things. Just. face your career.
Re: Please Read My Dilemma In Relocating To Nigeria by thorpido(m): 8:54pm On Oct 24, 2014
Why don't you go in for the nursing and find out if the 'theatre' is the same as the 'theatre'?

I'm sure there are a lot of people with nollywood 'dreams'.

1 Like

Re: Please Read My Dilemma In Relocating To Nigeria by MymothersKeeper(f): 9:08pm On Oct 24, 2014
May your dreams come true but Naija! is a somehow country, that your dreams ehn, the exact people that will benefit from it will be the ones antagonizing you and frustrating your effort all because of Jealousy so think twice.
That is why the country is backwards people dont like anyone doing something different. Only way is if companies who are greater than Nollywood does the project like the federal government itself, that is how it can work.
Look at Ibinabo trying to move nollywood forward, you see how madam (i forgot her name) has been doing all her might to bring her down? Her body cannot stand that someone in her president.

We had a wedding last month, one lady can not stand it that a younger girls amidst us chose the dress, she nearly scattered that wedding grin
Naija , I hail una grin grin grin grin
Re: Please Read My Dilemma In Relocating To Nigeria by chidekings(m): 9:21pm On Oct 24, 2014
an imperfect me cant advise a missperfect.
Re: Please Read My Dilemma In Relocating To Nigeria by missperfect: 9:37pm On Oct 24, 2014
^^^^^really? #ded tongue my username doesn't define me, clearly you are very basic to have conjoined your fathers name with yours to join a public forum so you cant be talking to me.

Still open to ideas ok people let me know what you think i have seen some opinions already while some of them dont hold water I will ponder on your thoughts, cheers
Re: Please Read My Dilemma In Relocating To Nigeria by Infomizer(m): 9:47pm On Oct 24, 2014
I'd have love to say follow your heart. But then, I like being pragmatic. The NHS opportunity is now. Nollywood can wait. There are myriad of ways through which you can actualize your Nollywood dreams later on (and with big bucks, you can make yourself relevant in no time). The opportunity to make the big bucks is begging! Begging!! Begging!!!
Re: Please Read My Dilemma In Relocating To Nigeria by whiteroses(f): 9:55pm On Oct 24, 2014
missperfect:
^^^^^really? #ded tongue my username doesn't define me, clearly you are very basic to have conjoined your fathers name with yours to join a public forum so you cant be talking to me.

Still open to ideas ok people let me know what you think i have seen some opinions already while some of them dont hold water I will ponder on your thoughts, cheers

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

well, I think Nollywood will benefit you better instead of going to become an European slave grin but Nigerians have a culture of take and take rather than give and take, a film village like hollywood as you said is partly a federal gov't sector with engineers, legal team and technicians who are there permanently, even film distributors like Hoffbergs are partly goverments too but in nollywood they will not want to pay anything or pay their taxes so they might run government (nollywood) out of business in no time.
No one should come home to make it better, things are getting worse here in Nigeria let the government make it ok first , dont be a hero you dont got the tools.
That is my 2cent s(in charly boys voice) cool
Re: Please Read My Dilemma In Relocating To Nigeria by perry2020(f): 7:53am On Oct 25, 2014
As someone above rightly said the nhs is begging,its free,you earn lots and it's more secured at this point it's a once in a lifetime deal(opportunity comes but once)

We all know how human beings are what if you finally decide to come and those whom you think you have turn their backs at you.

The movie career can be done anytime plus remember u would need a whole lot of funding (which I don't think would come bulky with partnership).

I wish you the best.
Re: Please Read My Dilemma In Relocating To Nigeria by Nutase: 9:26am On Oct 25, 2014
Follow ya heart.
Re: Please Read My Dilemma In Relocating To Nigeria by Nobody: 11:14am On Oct 25, 2014
I think the Hollywood village is a over good idea

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Challenges Do You Face As Been The First Born Of Your Parents? / Regular Sex Can Make You Look 7 Years Younger, Scientist Says / Types Of Husband Cheaters and solutions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.