Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,807 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria (98442 Views)

Universities And Polytechnics With D Most Marketable Certificates / Top Ten (10) Most Marketable Courses To Study In Nigeria / Top 10 Most Marketable University Courses In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by Jarus(m): 4:14pm On Oct 25, 2014
DIVFAVOR:
please remove chemical engineering, its never a competing course in Nigeria/world, its the least in all engineering course. experience will tell. I will never advice my enemy to study to chemical engineering.

Well, most of my friends that studied Chemical Engineering (and made good grade) have very good jobs.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by seunwen2(m): 4:14pm On Oct 25, 2014
If physics is not there ur list is not complete

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by temitemi1(m): 4:14pm On Oct 25, 2014
Political science d most lucrative course ever!! Election dey around d coner nah...

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by fulfillment22: 4:17pm On Oct 25, 2014
ashtun01:
Well I couldn't agree more with that list... Almost everything on the list is true.

Pls, which kind of english is this?

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:18pm On Oct 25, 2014
debuscket:
undoubtedly, d most lucrative course in 9ja is medical radiography. l can bet my head dt dia is no jobless Radiographer in 9ja nd non earns below 90k
. e be like say you no de hear word, I said no more expo. We don't want crowd, I don't want to loose any of my PPs cos of overpopulation. And if I catch you taking any job for 90k I will seize your practicing license. Last warning

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by Princessderaa(f): 4:19pm On Oct 25, 2014
Team communicators
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by yungcyrus(m): 4:20pm On Oct 25, 2014
We all need Power and Electronic gadgets.............................team EEE 4 life

TAKE IT*

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by Jarus(m): 4:20pm On Oct 25, 2014
Appswheel:
Advice For Secondary School Leavers Who Are Interested In Studying Accounting

In the quest to provide valuable career information to secondary school leavers and undergraduates, KNOWBASE CONSULT conducted an interview with an ICAN certified, practicing accountant with over 5 years working experience in the banking sector.

What advice do you have for Secondary School Leavers?

Secondary School Leavers who have sat and passed the Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSCE) should register for Accounting Technicians Scheme West Africa (ATSWA) – an affiliate body of Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN). This gives prospective accounting students a focus, it keeps them on course to achieve their dream of being an Accountant. It also help prepare such students for the professional examination and gives them an edge when they get admitted to study accounting in the tertiary institution.

Upon successful completion the ATSWA examination, such students are recognized as Associate Accounting Technician (AAT) which is much recognized in West African countries and can be used to secure a job.

What advice do you have for baby-accountants?

Young accountants should have a clear career plan, stay focused, disciplined, dedicated and be consistent. He further stressed that young accountants should avoid working with a bank. He said it is challenging for young accountants to develop themselves while working in the bank.

End of Interview.

Undergraduates who have the means and academic ability to write the ICAN examinations should do so. During my undergraduate days I had few friends who were able to achieve this feat. They were ICAN certified upon graduation from the University. You too can do same.

To know more about accounting and other course, career paths click on KNOWBASE on my signature below, then Click on the
CAREER LINK

The interviewee is spot on. I agree with him. I also always tell people this.

I hold ICAN certificate myself and that is what I use to work.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by abeffiom(m): 4:21pm On Oct 25, 2014
What ever happened to QUANTITY SURVEYING
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:23pm On Oct 25, 2014
scobaba:

Imsu medical student how far?

No deceive urself.
Those ones that never graduate. I cant work with an imsu med graduate.
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by jvera(f): 4:25pm On Oct 25, 2014
team computer science
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by eunisam: 4:25pm On Oct 25, 2014
na una sabi
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by alllffy(m): 4:27pm On Oct 25, 2014
The best course and most lucrative professional job in Nigeria of today is land surveying.

Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by Floyd45(m): 4:27pm On Oct 25, 2014
mydex93:
Sure u avent heard of Political Science

I was looking for someone who would stand up for Political Scientist.. grin.. what sch did u finish from?
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by Elypsis(m): 4:27pm On Oct 25, 2014
Abeggi jor.....Na hin I study mass comm.....come finish service since feb....yet no company don advert for masscomm grads I jst tire.....And me knw say I sabi dis profession wella jst name any branch of it.....Journalism,Advertising,Public Rels.,book pub and broadcasting......am qualified to practise any of it as an enty-level but aw many coys u don see wey advert for this course grad? Especially Ad. Agecies wwhere my interst lies
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by bassette(m): 4:28pm On Oct 25, 2014
Politics!Politic!!Politricks!!!
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by 3coins(m): 4:31pm On Oct 25, 2014
phtemie:

Lol..Why?

Agreeably,the demand for the profession is fast outstripping the demand.But nevertheless,the services of lawyers will always be sought after.

In spite of the legal placidity of most Nigerians,law will always flourish.

Remember it's a profession and it has an already carved-out niche with no other profession or area of discipline can fit into.

lol. . .i know what i am saying
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by Mrskillz1(f): 4:33pm On Oct 25, 2014
Íf there is no civil engineering, then there is no list!
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by olurotimi1: 4:34pm On Oct 25, 2014
Vulganizing science nko? undecided
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:38pm On Oct 25, 2014
efedua:
Caveat: This is not based on hard data but on observations. It is compiled by JarusHub editor and 2 other contributors to this portal. Note also that this is not based on who earns the highest salary, but who has potential to earn decent income with his degree. Potential is the operative word here.

Here we go:

10. Mass Communication/Journalism: Mass Communication will remain a marketable because not many Universities do it, but many institutions need it. The downside is, journalism is not seen as exclusive preserve of MassComm graduates, as graduates of almost any course are recruited by news outfits. Yet, the course still stands a decent chance.

9. Law: Maybe the supply is fast outstripping demand and affecting pricing, Law has declined in economic value. However, it remains a Top 10 course. Whether you decide to practice or go into corporate world, or you decide to go into allied things like real estate agency, you still stand a decent chance of earning decent income with a Law degree.

8. Nursing/Laboratory Science: Nurses don’t earn mouth-watering pay, but they are hardly jobless. I see Nurses change jobs like clothes. Hospitals and clinics – private and public – are springing up everyday, and a medium size clinic needs at least 4 Nurses. Some may have as much as 20. Same goes with Lab scientists, although in lower demand.

7. Mechanical, Electrical & other related Engineering courses: Engineering courses generally sell in the oil and gas industry. In addition these courses are also asked for in other major industries.

6. Economics/Accounting/Finance: The good thing about Economics is that it fits into many roles. I hesitated to include Accounting here because Accounting degree alone without professional qualifications is not usually so helpful; however, I included it because I expect the accounting graduate to do the needful of writing professional examinations after his degree. Even without professional qualifications, you can still get a decent job with Accounting degree only in the many small to medium scale firms that require the services of accounting graduates. Finance is another great course. The three courses, sometimes alongside Management and Business Administration, are usually in hot demand, although supply still exceed demand and many graduates of these courses are still jobless.

5. Computer Science/Computer Engineering/IT courses: IT professionals are in hot demand the world over. Nigeria is not different. With special IT skills, your chance is even brighter. The downside is, anybody can learn IT skills, even if he doesn’t study computer engineering.

4. Geology: It is also a course that places you in good position to penetrate the much-sought-after oil industry.

3. Chemical/Petroleum Engineering: These courses have the potential to fetch you the fattest pay check after graduation because the companies that ask for them are those that pay heavily – the oil companies.

2. Estate Management/Architecture/Building/Survey/Civil Engineering: A degree in any of these courses places you in a good position for self-employment. Even from school, Architecture students make money drawing plans for people. We consider these courses the second most marketable courses in Nigeria.

1. Medicine: Medicine may not earn you N500k per month at entry level, but it is the course that guarantees you job the most. I have never come across a jobless medical doctor. The pay may not be as heavy as the Chemical engineering guy in the IOC, but you are guaranteed of better-than-average income as a doctor. Medicine is number 1 on our list.

http://www.jarushub.com/10-most-marketable-courses-in-nigeria/

Pharmacy is not on ur list? Then ur list is flawed. Not a pharmacist, though.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:40pm On Oct 25, 2014
cynthiaibeabuchi:
Proudly geologist
Lol me ma feeling this your picx like die... choi I hope to marry a proud and satiated wife like u.... she may also be well informed on how to geologize pot of soup. #proudly Geologist
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by chaloner(m): 4:42pm On Oct 25, 2014
REMMEI:
Why is it that people in this part of the world keeps undermining PSYCHOLOGY..?
because every average nigerian is a psychologist , cnt u c d way u reason ? ........... Eg : bribery is not corruption ....lol
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by veraiyke(m): 4:44pm On Oct 25, 2014
donsalvy:
professional atheists
I know God pass you o. You are just ignorant of what Philosophy is. Afterall our so-called true xtians n born agains cnt even match up with your PROFESSIONAL ATHEISTS in terms of attitude n character n zealousness
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 4:45pm On Oct 25, 2014
debuscket:
undoubtedly, d most lucrative course in 9ja is medical radiography. l can bet my head dt dia is no jobless Radiographer in 9ja nd non earns below 90k

what of medicine?
does any doc earn less than 90k
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:47pm On Oct 25, 2014
veraiyke:
I know God pass you o. You are just ignorant of what Philosophy is. Afterall our so-called true xtians n born agains cnt even match up with your PROFESSIONAL ATHEISTS in terms of attitude n character n zealousness
I concur boss. I was just kidding.
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by chuksbogus: 4:52pm On Oct 25, 2014
people should understand what is written before talking.

says marketable not highest paid.

1: medicine
2nursing
3: pharmacy
4 medical lab
4 Radiology ,dentistry ,
others
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by dejii01(m): 4:52pm On Oct 25, 2014
Everyone defending his/her course. I recall the word 'potential' being stressed by the OP.
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by deewon56: 4:53pm On Oct 25, 2014
IYANGBALI:
be fast with your studies,I want to start bringing spoilt desktop to you for repairs in your workshop
hmmm
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by FRCS(m): 4:56pm On Oct 25, 2014
True ! True !! & True !!!
Always True @ least for now.
imsuboi:
in Nigeria it's more like:

1. Medicine and Surgery
2. Medicine and Surgery
3. Medicine and Surgery
4. Medicine and Surgery
5. Medicine and Surgery
6. Medicine and Surgery
7. Medicine and Surgery
8. Medicine and Surgery
9. Architecture
10. Law

undecided

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by Limaoscar: 5:01pm On Oct 25, 2014
throw Marine Engineering in the there somewhere in the first 5 on your list
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by mydex93(f): 5:04pm On Oct 25, 2014
Floyd45:

I was looking for someone who would stand up for Political Scientist.. grin.. what sch did u finish from?
OAU ni jere
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by chi4ik(m): 5:04pm On Oct 25, 2014
Rehabilitation science/medical Rehabilitation. even though the course is new in the country but is highly marketable because they are counselors, both in hospital & outside they work in prison to rehabilitate d prisoners, they work as physiotherapist and psychiatrist, they work as and audiologist, they work as HIV counselors and they also run d test. they are in charge of any rehabilitation centers in d whole world, and so many other works of theirs.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

JAMB Releases 2013 UTME Results, Withholds 12,110 Results / 5 Signs Your Boyfriend Is A Cultist by Excel Ajah / Tony Adibeh Has Built A World-class Students Hostel At The COOU Anambra(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.