Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,418 members, 7,812,234 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:25 AM

10 Reasons Why A Polytechnic Graduate Can Never Equate To A University Graduate. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 10 Reasons Why A Polytechnic Graduate Can Never Equate To A University Graduate. (34760 Views)

Letter Written By A Polytechnic Student Who Is In HND 2 / PHOTOS: See What They Did To An Ambrose Ali University Graduate / Humiliation Of A University Graduate On Graduation Day (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Reasons Why A Polytechnic Graduate Can Never Equate To A University Graduate. by Emmyboscojnr: 11:29am On Oct 25, 2014
j1- Jamb Cut-Off Marks on entry into a Polytechnic is Lower than that of a University.
2- University Graduates are the Lecturers in a Polytechnic.
3- The Curriculum in a Polytechnic and a University is totally different.
4- Polytechnic Graduates Can never attain the Level of a Professor.
5- Polytechnic Graduates Must have to Undergo another 2 Years in the University to get a Degree and be Really Relevant.
6- There is Discrimination even in the Polytechnics.
7- Polytechnic are not Upto standard in terms of Infrastructure, Curriculum and standard Lectures wit P.hd, Profs and the Likes.
8- Requirements to enter the Polytechnics and University Varies even in terms of S.S.C.E
9- Polytechnic graduates cannot get some political and F.G appointments like Directors, Perm. Sec.. Etc.
10- Wats the Point of going to a Polytechnic to Study courses like History, Public Admin, Law. Etc, where wil yu work?!
j1- Jamb Cut-Off Marks on entry into a Polytechnic is Lower than that of a University.
5- Polytechnic Graduates Must have to Undergo another 2 Years in the University to get a Degree and be Really Relevant.
7- Polytechnic are not Upto standard in terms of Infrastructure, Curriculum and standard Lectures wit P.hd, Profs and the Likes.
8- Requirements to enter the Polytechnics and University Varies even in terms of S.S.C.E
9- Polytechnic graduates cannot get some political and F.G appointments like Directors, Perm. Sec.. Etc.
10- Wats the Point of going to a Polytechnic to Study courses like History, Public Admin, Law. Etc, where wil yu work?!

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 10 Reasons Why A Polytechnic Graduate Can Never Equate To A University Graduate. by Champion01(m): 11:42am On Oct 25, 2014
Even d 'practicals' poly students do dey're doing are mere fallacy. D 'practicals' are not actually up to d way de're hyping it. Mind u, i was once a poly students so i knw wat am talking abt.

15 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why A Polytechnic Graduate Can Never Equate To A University Graduate. by Champion01(m): 11:42am On Oct 25, 2014
Even d 'practicals' poly students do claim dey're doing are mere fallacy. D 'practicals' are not actually up to d way de're hyping it. Mind u, i was once a poly students so i knw wat am talking abt.
Re: 10 Reasons Why A Polytechnic Graduate Can Never Equate To A University Graduate. by Emmyboscojnr: 11:46am On Oct 25, 2014
D only way out is to attend a University. Shikena!
Re: 10 Reasons Why A Polytechnic Graduate Can Never Equate To A University Graduate. by Nobody: 12:03pm On Oct 25, 2014
Such a silly Op
he might still be struggling to make his O'level results.

School na school.
Stop making people who school in poly's to start feeling inadequate.

16 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why A Polytechnic Graduate Can Never Equate To A University Graduate. by Emmyboscojnr: 12:15pm On Oct 25, 2014
Odilafta:
Such a silly Op
he might still be struggling to make his O'level results.

School na school.
Stop making people who school in poly's to start feeling inadequate.

Mumu pikin. Wat du u knw? U beta make sure u attend a university or u end up my errand boy.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why A Polytechnic Graduate Can Never Equate To A University Graduate. by Nobody: 12:19pm On Oct 25, 2014
Emmyboscojnr:
Mumu pikin. Wat du u knw? U beta make sure u attend a university or u end up my errand boy.
Is that the reason why you cannot type in English?

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Why A Polytechnic Graduate Can Never Equate To A University Graduate. by Nobody: 12:20pm On Oct 25, 2014
Even as a University student, i believe you have no point. They may not have the professors that we have but i believe they are well equipped practically.

Call a 500L university student and a first year polytechnic student to castrate a cow or perform artificial insemination and see who performs better.

10 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why A Polytechnic Graduate Can Never Equate To A University Graduate. by QSheba: 12:23pm On Oct 25, 2014
There is Discrimination even in the
Polytechnics.I dont get this point
Re: 10 Reasons Why A Polytechnic Graduate Can Never Equate To A University Graduate. by Zico0(m): 12:29pm On Oct 25, 2014
Let's not fool anyone, the OP is right. No young student ever plans to attend a polytechnic in Nigeria. There is a scramble for university and so the two major criteria are brain or money, therefore, the less intelligent ones are shoved aside and shared between polys. and the NCE.
So if your in a polytechnic your not intelligent enough, although you might be very brilliant: Find wisdom.

My point: students in the university schooling are more intelligent that ones undertaking the polytechnic education in general.

A polytechnic is less structured, organised and funded than a university, as anything may go in a polytechnic. After all if your so intelligent why aren't you in a university.
Btw, i attended a polytechnic for two years before i upgraded.

13 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why A Polytechnic Graduate Can Never Equate To A University Graduate. by bigiyaro(m): 12:29pm On Oct 25, 2014
Mr op, pack well jare! University students are in no way superior to poly students, its only in Nigeria that University education is seen to be superior to polytechnic education due to servitude mentality of Nigerians. Moreover, Nigerian professors are just copy and paste professors producing legions of unemployable University graduates every year.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Why A Polytechnic Graduate Can Never Equate To A University Graduate. by Emmyboscojnr: 12:38pm On Oct 25, 2014
Zico0:
Let's not fool anyone, the OP is right. No young student ever plans to attend a polytechnic in Nigeria. There is a scramble for university and so the two major criteria are brain or money, therefore, the less intelligent ones are shoved aside and shared between polys. and the NCE.
So if your in a polytechnic your not intelligent enough, although you might be very brilliant: Find wisdom.

My point: students in the university schooling are more intelligent that ones undertaking the polytechnic education in general.

A polytechnic is less structured, organised and funded than a university, as anything may go in a polytechnic. After all if your so intelligent why aren't you in a university.
Yu get my point. In Nigeria here. Poly graduates are pictures of Misery.
Re: 10 Reasons Why A Polytechnic Graduate Can Never Equate To A University Graduate. by GODDYGEE91(m): 12:40pm On Oct 25, 2014
Avin bein in d polytechnic system b4 headin 2 d university, I can categorically tell u dat some polytechnic students are far more beta dan dis university counterpart.
University at times is always over rated. Imagin in ICAN examinations polytechnic graduates recorded 80% success while their university counterpart failed woefully.
Be that as it may, I just dislike polytechnic bc of SORTING which discourage student frm wrkin harder.

Am happy I av de experience of both polytechnic and university.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Why A Polytechnic Graduate Can Never Equate To A University Graduate. by Emmyboscojnr: 12:41pm On Oct 25, 2014
QSheba:
There is Discrimination even in the
Polytechnics.I dont get this point
wat I mean is that, A Poly Graduate wil go and manage 2 lata get a degree and come back 2 d polytechnic as a lecturer and begins 2 oppress his mates coz they dnt only have a miserable h.n.d

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Why A Polytechnic Graduate Can Never Equate To A University Graduate. by Ucheosefoh(m): 1:02pm On Oct 25, 2014
Emmyboscojnr:
wat I mean is that, A Poly Graduate wil go and manage 2 lata get a degree and come back 2 d polytechnic as a lecturer and begins 2 oppress his mates coz they dnt only have a miserable h.n.d
I have attend both but in life your output determines your level of success in life, forget certificate I have seen polytechnic graduates performing better than their university mates. Education is to enrich our knowledge and certificate is an evidence of your time and performance in school, the day we start thinking beyond certificate unemployment will reduce because we will invest our time into productive things rather comparing certificates

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Reasons Why A Polytechnic Graduate Can Never Equate To A University Graduate. by amacastel: 1:06pm On Oct 25, 2014
The only difference is see is nigerian shabby mentality cos the last time I check nigerian poly graduates gets employment outside the country faster than average niger university graduate cos they are pratically equipt jst like sch of nursing graduates to bsc nurse graduates besides our president is a poly graduates so who is talking about attain political and appointment level here?

5 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why A Polytechnic Graduate Can Never Equate To A University Graduate. by JEITO: 1:09pm On Oct 25, 2014
I smell a hot debate brewing!!
Re: 10 Reasons Why A Polytechnic Graduate Can Never Equate To A University Graduate. by Ucheosefoh(m): 1:12pm On Oct 25, 2014
Zico0:

You have a point but beyond the four walls of the school is another world that goes beyond certificate to succeed, did you know many people are being frustrated by admission every year and you expect the person to keep on waiting for university admission. The competition is much and not everybody have the time and resources to compete, have you forgotten the nigerian factor in admission process. You attended polytechnic which means you are not intelligent by attending polytechnic first before you upgrade your school and IQ
Note: I judge you base on your comment

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Why A Polytechnic Graduate Can Never Equate To A University Graduate. by Mucokey(m): 1:14pm On Oct 25, 2014
Harbioollah:
Even as a University student, i believe you have no point. They may not have the professors that we have but i believe they are well equipped practically.

Call a 500L university student and a first year polytechnic student to castrate a cow or perform artificial insemination and see who performs better.

Why can't we all reason together n map out ways to chart nigeria cause forward What's the relevancy of this ur analogy to the topic in debate
I was opportuned to come across the both divides, for real no scholar in nigeria plans to enrol into nigeria polytechnics buh Jamb palavers keep on swaying students poly-wards.
Truth be told many brilliant scholars abound in poly buh how their intellects re been harnessed leaves much to be desired n thus, most brilliant students end up as just mere average students while the supposedly average students become mediocres.
Yes! In the university, an average student can end up either ways...from average to excellent or average to almost nothingness; whilst there's this tendency of a formerly dull student from high school ending up to become great graduate. Thus, the nigeria mentality of nothing good comes out of nigeria poly student cajoles and dwindles poly student ability and highly, the quality of lectures between the divides comes into play too.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why A Polytechnic Graduate Can Never Equate To A University Graduate. by Nobody: 1:45pm On Oct 25, 2014
Champion01:
Even d 'practicals' poly students do dey're doing are mere fallacy. D 'practicals' are not actually up to d way de're hyping it. Mind u, i was once a poly students so i knw wat am talking abt.

Same thing I keep saying.

Poly students lie through their teeth when they claim to do more practicals than their university counterparts.

Isn't it the same poly where we are told there is no light for us to conduct practicals and there's no fuel in the generator?
Re: 10 Reasons Why A Polytechnic Graduate Can Never Equate To A University Graduate. by ibrahym47(m): 1:54pm On Oct 25, 2014
JEITO:
I smell a hot debate brewing!!
same here
Re: 10 Reasons Why A Polytechnic Graduate Can Never Equate To A University Graduate. by zitalin(f): 2:16pm On Oct 25, 2014
@Op why go tru such stress to make a point if u tink d said ppl are nt relevant...for d fact u went all d way to post dis piece of Shi*t shows ur insecure abt competining wit poly grads in d labour market. Ill give a piece of advice mind ur freaking bizness nd leave us alone...*everybody na king for him lane*

7 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why A Polytechnic Graduate Can Never Equate To A University Graduate. by rattlesnake(m): 2:18pm On Oct 25, 2014
I know many polytechnic graduates that can pay Ur children school fees for the next 20years undecided

13 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why A Polytechnic Graduate Can Never Equate To A University Graduate. by Skykid1208(m): 2:18pm On Oct 25, 2014
Emmyboscojnr:
Re: 10 Reasons Why A Polytechnic Graduate Can Never Equate To A University Graduate. by Nobody: 2:22pm On Oct 25, 2014
Even at that, Most employers now prefer those with HND and ND to those with degree because they believe the poly graduate will deliver almost same thing with his uni counterpart and his pay will b on the average.
Most students find themselves in Polys coz of the competitiveness of Uni admission. As a poly student if you have the opportunity, proceed to a Uni after ur ND...

LaSt BuLlEt:
What so ever you become, be the best- ABRAHAM LINCON
Re: 10 Reasons Why A Polytechnic Graduate Can Never Equate To A University Graduate. by HALLofFAME: 2:38pm On Oct 25, 2014
All dis polytechnic graduate are notin but GLORIFIED ARTISANS....who were trained 2 take DIRECTIVE and to SERVE d university graduate because dia brains are 2 shallow 2 think deep ,dats why dia jamb scores are very low and dia WAEC. REQUIREMENT is jst 2 and half credit hahaha.......They claim dey know practical ,but who developed d scientific / technological ideas and processes dat lead 2 dat practical ?.....Where i work d Science / Engineering poly graduate are called technicians / technologist ..Why d university graduate are called Engineers and Scientist with salary relativity......Pls poly graduate know ur place and boundaries...If u feel unfulfilled go and buy Jamb direct entry form and get ur self a proper education shikena and stop beefing......Mtcheew degree holders wannabe via shortcut

4 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why A Polytechnic Graduate Can Never Equate To A University Graduate. by cupidhero(m): 2:42pm On Oct 25, 2014
Champion01:
where did you school?

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why A Polytechnic Graduate Can Never Equate To A University Graduate. by Zico0(m): 2:49pm On Oct 25, 2014
Ucheosefoh:
You have a point but beyond the four walls of the school is another world that goes beyond certificate to succeed, did you know many people are being frustrated by admission every year and you expect the person to keep on waiting for university admission. The competition is much and not everybody have the time and resources to compete, have you forgotten the nigerian factor in admission process. You attended polytechnic which means you are not intelligent by attending polytechnic first before you upgrade your school and IQ
Note: I judge you base on your comment
On a very light note and sorry if sound mean. I don't want to say much; i have a badmouth sometimes.
A person who struggles to gain admission for years is not intelligent. A person who attends a polytechnic is not bad he is just not good enough.
Since your talking about me: then, i don't know if i was a brilliant kid but when i couldn't gain admission my first year, i knew i had to attend a university no matter what, i enroled at a poly. and two years later i left. I never wrote any exam twice. Now is that intelligence or what?
A person is not a fool to fall, a person is a fool to remain on the ground.
If you don't have a B.sc, to Nigeria, why did you go to school?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Why A Polytechnic Graduate Can Never Equate To A University Graduate. by tosyne2much(m): 3:14pm On Oct 25, 2014
I must say that this post shows how jobless you are. I don't think a working class person who has been working all day and tired as a result of fatigue would have time posting this trash

If I may ask, why ranting against polytechnic education? With your so called Bsc, where did you park your private jet? What height have you attained in your life ? Which of the latest Ranger Rover Sport are you able to afford? How have you influenced the less privileged ones in your society? Can the people in your society look straight to you and say, " if not for you"

I have a friend who's not so educated,
I so much envy that dude, he's very very creative and doing fine in his business. People are busy striving to meet their daily needs and that of their siblings, some people are busy claiming superiority

OP you better start doing something meaningful with your life and start seeing your Bsc as a bo.nus because the adoration and appraisal of your Bsc is the beginning of the joblessness and poverty and if you think your Bsc is an automatic passport to winning the race of life, why not continue and stop giving yourself unnecessary worry

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Reasons Why A Polytechnic Graduate Can Never Equate To A University Graduate. by GetUmad: 3:19pm On Oct 25, 2014
Champion01:
Even d 'practicals' poly students do claim dey're doing are mere fallacy. D 'practicals' are not actually up to d way de're hyping it. Mind u, i was once a poly students so i knw wat am talking abt.
Bro God bless you for this. I also went to both Polytechnic and University and i can categorically tell you the practical they lay claim to ia nothing but a hoax. I know most Nigerians don't like TRUTH but DECEIT and anyone that speaks the truth is their enemy.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why A Polytechnic Graduate Can Never Equate To A University Graduate. by Emmyboscojnr: 3:24pm On Oct 25, 2014
tosyne2much:
I must say that this post shows how jobless you are. I don't think a working class person who has been working all day and tired as a result of fatigue would have time posting this trash

If I may ask, why ranting against polytechnic education? With your so called Bsc, where did you park your private jet? What height have you attained in your life ? Which of the latest Ranger Rover Sport are you able to afford? How have you influenced the less privilege ones in your society? Can the people in your society look straight to you and say, " if not for you"

If you think your Bsc is an automatic passport to winnning the race of life, why not continue and stop giving yourself unnecessary worry
Truth is Bitter, But we Must Talk am!
Re: 10 Reasons Why A Polytechnic Graduate Can Never Equate To A University Graduate. by GetUmad: 3:31pm On Oct 25, 2014
Champion01:

Bro God bless you for this. I am also a product of both Polytechnic and University and I can categorically tell you the practical they lay claim to is nothing but a hoax. I can't see anything special or so spectacular about the so called practicals we did in Polytechnic. When i got to Uni, i could remember raising this same issue with some other Polytechnic products but different institutions who also shared same view.

Polytechnic education would have been what's originally intended for, but for lack of funding. Majority of their laboratories are ill-equipped with old Lab attendants who have failed to update themselves to the new generational syllabi and techniques.

I know most Nigerians don't like TRUTH but DECEIT and anyone that speaks the truth is their enemy. Lets stop deceiving ourselves for once.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pastor Chris Foundation Commissions The Largest 100% Free School In Edo State / Successful People Who Failed At First / Courses That Give One Automatic Admission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.