Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:28 AM

Petrol Now N50 A Litre, Is It True? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Petrol Now N50 A Litre, Is It True? (708 Views)

Fuel Scarcity Bites Harder, Petrol Now N400 Per Litre - Punch / The Subsidy Question: Fuel Will Sell For N40 A Litre - vanguard / Kerosene Is Now N50 / Litre (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Petrol Now N50 A Litre, Is It True? by Wilfem(m): 9:17am On Nov 17, 2008
I just saw one of the headlines in the Nigerian Dailies with a bold caption "Petrol now N50 a litre"
Could this be true, and if it is, this would be one of the greatest developments that wil ever happen to NIgeria.
I just hope that the prices of other things would fall as well,
Fellow Nairalanders, what's your opinion on this?
Source: http://www.dailytrust.com/content/view/21828/238/
Re: Petrol Now N50 A Litre, Is It True? by Nobody: 10:21am On Nov 17, 2008
LOL. . . . . greatest development for a top oil producing country? Dont be fooled my friend, its just one of those propagandas the govt usually use to distract you nigerians from real issues.

While Yaradua is busy trying to divert attention, he should pay a quick attention on how to fix the power sector, roads, housing, education, security etc. . . .
Re: Petrol Now N50 A Litre, Is It True? by actoor(m): 11:10am On Nov 17, 2008
nuzo:

LOL. . . . . greatest development for a top oil producing country? don't be fooled my friend, its just one of those propagandas the govt usually use to distract you nigerians from real issues.

While Yaradua is busy trying to divert attention, he should pay a quick attention on how to fix the power sector, roads, housing, education, security etc. . . .

True talk.
Re: Petrol Now N50 A Litre, Is It True? by Wilfem(m): 11:40am On Nov 17, 2008
nuzo:

LOL. . . . . greatest development for a top oil producing country? don't be fooled my friend, its just one of those propagandas the govt usually use to distract you nigerians from real issues.

Are you sure, Pls lets give this man a chance to prove himself. sad sad wink wink
Re: Petrol Now N50 A Litre, Is It True? by MrCrackles(m): 11:44am On Nov 17, 2008
Not until it is a fraction of 50Naira, would i have the cause to jump up and down!!
Are we not an oil producing nation?
Why do we have to fleece our own citizens out of what we abundantly have?!
Nigeria deserve a lot better when it comes to petroleum products and that is the fact!

50naira, ok fair enough, but keeping coming down! grin
Re: Petrol Now N50 A Litre, Is It True? by Wilfem(m): 11:51am On Nov 17, 2008
Let's just wait and see wether its true or not because I myself I'm not sure of it.
Re: Petrol Now N50 A Litre, Is It True? by BluMalam(m): 11:53am On Nov 17, 2008
Blah Blah Blah

Until i pay 50 bucks @ d pump, i don't blieve it. D marketers and dealers will retain the price variance (N20) as profit, those greedy muthaf***ers.

But seriously, this just goes to prove there's advantage in every disadvantage. If our refineries were okay & we were exporting, more than importin oil, we would have suffered losses, but since the reverse is the case, we are gonna enjoy d lower price.

Militants, una oil don dey cheap ooo
Re: Petrol Now N50 A Litre, Is It True? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Nov 17, 2008
the government is still taking substantial losses from revenue cuts. its just that now the common people should get a break since the costs of refining were being passed on to us.

But prices of goods and services will never come down, even if the pump price does. trust us greedy nigerians, always looking out for number one. entrepreneurs and companies will just retain the higher margins as increased profits, nothing dey happen. By the time yar'adoks gets desperate enough to hike vat to 15% the man in the streets will be pushed to do desperate things just to survive.
Re: Petrol Now N50 A Litre, Is It True? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Nov 17, 2008
i refuse to believe it, until it results in a corresponding drop in pump price and t-fare.

if that's where he's pouring the money meant for the rehabilitation of roads, electricity, water supply, health et cetera, nobody begged him. he should get those things done and see if we won't survive paying N75/L
Re: Petrol Now N50 A Litre, Is It True? by Kobojunkie: 1:59pm On Nov 17, 2008
This isĀ  the same government that sat buy while we experienced huge oil windfalls for over a year. na wa oo
Re: Petrol Now N50 A Litre, Is It True? by snazzy82(m): 2:14pm On Nov 17, 2008
Are we not ashamed of rejoicing that our fuel price is coming down gradually? is it not Nigeria that gives some African countries electricity while they go on celebrating some yrs of uninterrupted power supply and constant fuel price supply from Nigeria, we r here titillating and jumping up and down whenever PHCN( power holding company of nuisance) gives back their own PAPA light and always going on strike whenever they(ASO ROCK) hike our natural resources after several inner caucus meetings
see its time we know something, lecturers always go strike due to neglect from the FG.
Nlc and other govt agencies including private firm also go on strike whenever there is hike to camouflage their ignorance.
let me stop here b4 i get annoyed with those hoodlums out there(FG)

(1) (Reply)

Akinyele: Soludo Deserves Presidential Handshake / Electoral Offenders Go Unpunished - What Do We Do? / ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.