Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,505 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:19 PM

Command Prompt Tricks And Hacks - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Command Prompt Tricks And Hacks (1116 Views)

10 Best Command Prompt(cmd) Tricks, Tips & Hacks For Windows - 2015 / Let Share How To Hack Wifi Using A Command Prompt / Android Hidden Secret Code And Hacks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Command Prompt Tricks And Hacks by OwillyOscar(m): 12:13am On Oct 26, 2014
Below are several Command Prompt tricks and other Command Prompt hacks that will get you excited about many of the ordinary sounding Command Prompt commands like telnet, okay or robocopy....

Some of these Command Prompt tricks are special features or uses of the Command Prompt itself. Enjoy!

1. Watch Star Wars Episode IV

You can watch an ASCII version of the full Star Wars Episode IV movie right in the Command Prompt window!
All you have to do is to open Command Prompt and execute telnet towel.blinkenlights.nl. The movie will start immediately. This isn't a terribly productive use of the Command Prompt, nor is it really a trick of the Command Prompt or any command.
Note: The telnet command is not enabled by Windows Vista or default in Windows 7 but can be turned on by enabling Telnet Client from Windows Features in the Programs and Features applet in Control Panel.

2. Use Ctrl-C to Abort a Command

Just about any command can be stopped in its tracks with the abort command: Ctrl-C.
If you haven't actually executed a command, you can just backspace and erase what you've typed, but if you've already executed it then you can do a Ctrl-C to stop it.
Warning: Ctrl-C can't undo things that aren't undoable, like a partially complete format command. For things like the dir command that seem to go on forever or questions you're asked at the prompt that you don't know the answer to, the abort command is an excellent Command Prompt trick to know. See more: http://trendymediablog.com/2014/10/command-prompt-tricks-and-hacks/
Re: Command Prompt Tricks And Hacks by docchuks(m): 12:25am On Jan 28, 2015
Other Windows 98/95 Telnet Commands

Here are other things that you can do with the Telnet program that comes with Windows 98/95:

• The Telnet program doesn’t handle file transfer (if you can telnet somewhere, you may be able to use FTP; see Chapter 36), but you can cut and paste by using the Windows Clipboard. In addition to Edit I Copy (for copying selected text to the Clipboard) and Edit I Paste (for sending the Clipboard contents to the remote computer as if you had typed it), you can also use Edit I Select All to select the entire contents of the terminal window, and Edit I Copy All to copy the entire contents of the window to the Clipboard.

• You can capture the text that appears in the Telnet window by choosing Terminal I Start Logging. Telnet asks you for the folder and name of the log file in which to store the text. If the log file already exists, Telnet deletes its previous contents and replaces it with the log of this terminal session. To stop storing the terminal text, choose Terminal I Stop Logging.
www..com/windows-9895-telnet-commands

(1) (Reply)

Which Is Better: LED Vs LCD? / Fairly Used Hp Dv6 For Sale @ Affordable Price / Hack Like A Pro: Linux Basics The Aspiring Hacker, Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.