Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,817 members, 7,820,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

When The Son Of God Fails To Work,the Devil Will,the Case Of Nigeria &GEJ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When The Son Of God Fails To Work,the Devil Will,the Case Of Nigeria &GEJ (712 Views)

Jonathan With The Son Of Martin Luther King Jr / OBJ Is An Experienced & Patriotic Leader Who Transformed Nigeria - GEJ / Chinua Achebe Is Ignorant Of The Situation In Nigeria - GEJ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When The Son Of God Fails To Work,the Devil Will,the Case Of Nigeria &GEJ by mandarin: 1:26pm On Oct 26, 2014
I was fortunate to be at the RCCG Holy Ghost service program the night President Jonathan knelt at the alter of God and was prayed for by the General Overseer, that was a great turning point in his political journey as election result would later revealed that most of the entire Christian community have voted him into power.it was left to him to work as the SON of God bearing in mind his own background story of poverty and lack, we were all hopeful for change. The president had many attributes shared with Jesus in terms of poor background, from a part of the country where mindset is averse to peaceful resolution of differences just like Christ was a Galilean.But Christ brought change to His nation and to the world! often in the company of the poor,and reaching out to all cadre of citizens, he was a friend at all times even to Zacheus but a repented Zacheus.
Jesus never negotiated with the devil,he cast out demons and money changers, he was a son of God in purity.
Now that its left for the president to go to Jesrusalem to pray, I hoe he will realize the gulf that exist between the alter(at Rccg) and the mount(Jerusalem),he is no longer the,same man,now he'd got loads of shoes and lots of money, his sphere has changed.
Unlike Jesus who whipped the money changers and cast out demons and rebuke the Pharisees and Sadducees, GEJ need to tell God on the mount how he has pardoned unrepentant criminals and even exalted some
MohammedAbacha, Al Mustapha, Ayo Fayose, Alameisegha, and all that have been accused of stealing and corruption, how Nigeria continues to be in the bad book in several cases that have denied the poor of their basic needs: several multibillion naira and dollar cases like the pension scam,sure p, subsidy scams, NNPC scam and so on.
The man of God that prayed for Mr.President I believe did so through the auction of the spirit but Mr president backed off like biblical Demas!
In Jerusalem he will need to convince God that he's still a heir and at God's service.
I was so optimistic of his government at the election remembering that his clan has been at the forefront of getting reforms and compensation from the Nigeria state over exploitation of petroleum I thought he would exploit the weakness of the Nigeria system and its socio-cultural gaps to:
1. Seek autonomy for states or pursue autonomous regional structure
2. Pursue fiscal federalism in the new system so that Niger Delta can benefit from the oil incomes
3.lay solid foundation for minorities to aspire and occupy the highest positions in Nigeria
4. Revive our education system
5. Employ the media advantage that swept in into power and consolidate on middle belt -southern Nigerian partnership that swept him into power to checkmate the over bearing attitudes of the core north.
6. Pursue reforms of the judiciary
After 6years, my president has danced more to the side of keeping Nigerians waiting for another savior, he had failed millions that prayed for him that night and cannot justify why he should return to the office as President.
Remember Judas was also a chosen disciple, but he took the bread(God's provision) and dined with the devil. The president need to apologize to the church and install a new king , the time for David has come.
Re: When The Son Of God Fails To Work,the Devil Will,the Case Of Nigeria &GEJ by Lordlexyy: 2:26pm On Oct 26, 2014
Insightful and heart breaking. I read this article with pain wondering how some people could deliberately fail to utilise a rear privilege given by God at the expense of the blood of thousand of Nigerians to write their names in gold. Mr. President came with promises considering the good will he received, and suddently, we thought, our Moses to bring us out of Egypt (penury, corruption, under development, poverty) et al has finally arrived. But what greeted the messianic triumphant entry (remembering Christ royal entry and reception into Jerusalem) has soon turned into more pain and harm even to people who see to it that he succeed his predecessor. Suddenly, everyone is screaming, 'crucify him', unlike Jesus who was known for good works, but this time around for an opportunity with nothing susbstantial to show for. Quite regretably is how people who contributed so little during the initial 'war' just found a voice to call Mr. President our 'brother'. Prosterity will judge anyone who out of greed and tribalism made it a duty to keep Nigeria immoveable.

2 Likes

Re: When The Son Of God Fails To Work,the Devil Will,the Case Of Nigeria &GEJ by thegoodone2(m): 2:45pm On Oct 26, 2014
Good write up but its not GEJ fault. He has good plan for the nation but Boko haram did not alow him and people that want power by all means are behind it. Let us give him another chance of 4 years. The major problem Nigeria has is no competence candidate amonge comtentace. we need a young man and somebody that never be in power before. if notherner wish the country well, they should support somebody from south for 4 years and get power back.
Re: When The Son Of God Fails To Work,the Devil Will,the Case Of Nigeria &GEJ by vicadex07(m): 4:09pm On Oct 26, 2014
thegoodone2:
Good write up but its not GEJ fault. He has good plan for the nation but Boko haram did not alow him and people that want power by all means are behind it. Let us give him another chance of 4 years. The major problem Nigeria has is no competence candidate amonge comtentace. we need a young man and somebody that never be in power before. if notherner wish the country well, they should support somebody from south for 4 years and get power back.

Is boko haram responsible for corruption?
Re: When The Son Of God Fails To Work,the Devil Will,the Case Of Nigeria &GEJ by iPopAlomo(m): 2:00pm On Mar 30, 2015
To think you wrote this last year...

I duff my hat...

(1) (Reply)

Credentials To Become A President And V/president / 2015 Elections: Germany, France Urge INEC To Defend Nigeria, Africa’s Image / Donald Duke Live On AIT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.