Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,372 members, 7,822,753 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

Things You May Not Know About Barrack Obama! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Things You May Not Know About Barrack Obama! (1208 Views)

President Buhari Meets Barrack Obama (picture) / 25 Soldiers Wed In Army Barrack / Boko-Haram Attack Army Barrack In Maiduguri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things You May Not Know About Barrack Obama! by obinwanne(m): 11:08am On Nov 17, 2008
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
• He is left-handed – the sixth post-war president to be left-handed
• He has read every Harry Potter book
• He owns a set of red boxing gloves autographed by Muhammad Ali
• He ate dog meat, snake meat, and roasted grasshopper while living in Indonesia
• He can speak Spanish
• While on the campaign trail he refused to watch CNN and had sports channels on instead
• His favourite drink is black forest berry iced tea
• He promised Michelle he would quit smoking before running for president – he didn't
• He was known as Barry until university when he asked to be addressed by his full name
• His favourite book is Moby-privates by Herman Melville
• His desk in his Senate office once belonged to Robert Kennedy
• He carries a tiny Madonna and child statue and a bracelet belonging to a soldier in Iraq for good luck
• His favourite music includes Miles Davis, Bob Dylan, Bach and The Fugees
• He enjoys playing Scrabble and poker
• He doesn't drink coffee and rarely drinks alcohol
• As a teenager he took drugs including marijuana and cocaine
• He says his worst habit is constantly checking his BlackBerry
• He uses an Apple Mac laptop
• He wears $1,500 (£952) Hart Schaffner Marx suits
• He owns four identical pairs of black size 11 shoes
• He has his hair cut once a week by his Chicago barber, Zariff, who charges $21 (£13)
• He was nicknamed “Bear” by his late grand mother
• He keeps on his desk a carving of a wooden hand holding an egg, a Kenyan symbol of the fragility of life
Re: Things You May Not Know About Barrack Obama! by AmakaOne(f): 11:23am On Nov 17, 2008
obinwanne:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
•  He is left-handed – the sixth post-war president  to be left-handed
•  He has read every Harry Potter book
•  He owns a set of red boxing gloves autographed  by Muhammad Ali
•  He ate dog meat, snake meat, and roasted grasshopper while living in Indonesia
•  He can speak Spanish
•  While on the campaign trail he refused to watch CNN and had sports channels on instead
•  His favourite drink is black forest berry iced tea
•  He promised Michelle he would quit smoking before running for president – he didn't
•  He was known as Barry until university when he asked to be addressed by his full name
•  [size=14pt] His favourite book is Moby-privates by Herman Melville [/size]
•  His desk in his Senate office once belonged to Robert Kennedy
•  He carries a tiny Madonna and child statue and a bracelet belonging to a soldier in Iraq for good luck
•  His favourite music includes Miles Davis, Bob Dylan, Bach and The Fugees
•  He enjoys playing Scrabble and poker
•  He doesn't drink coffee and rarely drinks alcohol
•  As a teenager he took drugs including marijuana and cocaine
•  He says his worst habit is constantly checking his BlackBerry
•  He uses an Apple Mac laptop
•  He wears $1,500 (£952) Hart Schaffner Marx suits
•  He owns four identical pairs of black size 11 shoes
•  He has his hair cut once a week by his Chicago barber, Zariff, who charges $21 (£13)
•  He was nicknamed “Bear” by his late grand mother
•  He keeps on his desk a carving of a wooden hand holding an egg, a Kenyan symbol of the fragility of life

Interesting, But I have never heard of  this particular book.
Re: Things You May Not Know About Barrack Obama! by meexteriox(m): 1:17pm On Nov 17, 2008
@poster
Nice one, i really hope this guy succeeds at his new job, i really do.
Re: Things You May Not Know About Barrack Obama! by Nobody: 8:50pm On Nov 17, 2008
ha! amaka 1, how u dey? so u dey read as well, wow! and you come be wonderful cook again. your husband will be a very lucky guy. what the poster meant was moby dick or the whale, written by the same person. take care of you. cheers.
Re: Things You May Not Know About Barrack Obama! by Nobody: 8:53pm On Nov 17, 2008
some thing wrong here, meant moby,dik but keep coming as moby privates. i wonder!
Re: Things You May Not Know About Barrack Obama! by blackspade(m): 8:58pm On Nov 17, 2008
hahahahahaha!
Re: Things You May Not Know About Barrack Obama! by shotster50(m): 9:21pm On Nov 17, 2008
Good list, I was wondering if someone could list the same for George Bush for fun.
Re: Things You May Not Know About Barrack Obama! by JosBoy4Lif(m): 9:46pm On Nov 17, 2008
Cocaine source please, ?
Re: Things You May Not Know About Barrack Obama! by ikeyman00(m): 10:05pm On Nov 17, 2008
hmmm
Re: Things You May Not Know About Barrack Obama! by blackspade(m): 10:25pm On Nov 17, 2008
If you've read any of Barack Obama's books, you'd know as a teenager he used to smoke weed, and snort cocaine.
Re: Things You May Not Know About Barrack Obama! by bogzyboy(m): 10:32pm On Nov 17, 2008
Re: Things You May Not Know About Barrack Obama! by dayokanu(m): 10:56pm On Nov 17, 2008
He promised Michelle he would quit smoking before running for president – he didn't
Igbo or what does he smoke?

He ate dog meat, snake meat, and roasted grasshopper while living in Indonesia

I had a feeling he is from Calabar or Ondo for his dog eating skills

He keeps on his desk a carving of a wooden hand holding an egg, a Kenyan symbol of the fragility of life

Jazz no wonder he pummelled McCain senselessly
Re: Things You May Not Know About Barrack Obama! by JosBoy4Lif(m): 3:08pm On Nov 28, 2008
bogzy-boy:

i saw that in the newspaper dew weeks ago too! tongue
How you come be bogzy? Identify theft abi, na wetin
Re: Things You May Not Know About Barrack Obama! by scottN(m): 3:14pm On Nov 28, 2008
He has an average record for a normal person. Wish him all d best in d DC.
Re: Things You May Not Know About Barrack Obama! by littlekim(f): 7:04pm On Nov 28, 2008
Interesting compilation, but am sure there are a million and one things Obama doesnt know about me.
Re: Things You May Not Know About Barrack Obama! by Eziachi: 1:32am On Nov 29, 2008
littlekim:

Interesting compilation, but am sure there are a million and one things Obama doesnt know about me.

How can he, since you are absolutely nobody.

(1) (Reply)

This Year's Nigerian Economic Summit May Not Hold: Frank Nweke Jr. / I ’ve Failed My People —niger Governor / Jonathan, Obj Have Hidden Agenda –braithwaite

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.