Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,340 members, 7,867,982 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 08:21 AM

Jonathan Is Not My Brother — Amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Is Not My Brother — Amaechi (1064 Views)

Buhari Introduces His Grandchildren To Fayemi, Amaechi (Photo) / Buhari With Amaechi, Fayemi Arrive NewYork For UN 70th Assembly / Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Is Not My Brother — Amaechi by Wisdytech(m): 9:33pm On Oct 26, 2014
http://www.punchng.com/news/jonathan-is-not-my-brother-amaechi/

The disagreement between President Goodluck Jonathan and Rivers State Governor, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi, took a fresh turn on Saturday when the governor declared that the President was not his brother.

President Jonathan and Amaechi, who are from the South-South geopolitical zone of the country, have been at daggers-drawn over ceded oil wells and political differences.

Amaechi said Jonathan should not be referred to as his brother for failing to execute any project in the state.

The governor, spoke on Saturday at the All Progressives Congress mega rally at the Adokie Amiesimaka Stadium in Ikwerre Local Government Area of the state to mark his seventh anniversary in office.

He said, “When Yar’Adua was alive, Niger Delta Ministry was working. Now, it is only one item; East-West Road and they say he (President Jonathan) is our brother. He is not my brother; my brother is the man who delivers on his services for me. If the President says he is our brother, let him mention one project he has done for us.

“APC is the solution to the protection of our interest. We must go there to vote out the PDP. It is not about our son. They tell you that you should not vote for these people because they are Hausa People; they are Muslims.

“But the refinery in Rivers was built and commissioned by Tafawa Balewa; he was a northerner. Shagari started NAFCON, IBB commissioned; IBB started the Eleme Petrochemical, Abacha completed it.

“They are all northerners; they are all Muslims. NLNG was started and completed by Abacha and he was a northerner and a Muslim. Bonny NLNG, NDDC, Niger Delta Ministry were established by northerners.”

Also, former Head of State and APC’s presidential aspirant for the 2015 election, Maj.-Gen. Mohammadu Buhari (retd), congratulated Amaechi on the projects executed by his administration.

Buhari expressed the need for consolidation in order to achieve security of lives and property, describing it (security) as what Nigerians need most.
Re: Jonathan Is Not My Brother — Amaechi by Wisdytech(m): 9:34pm On Oct 26, 2014
Re: Jonathan Is Not My Brother — Amaechi by adonbilivit: 9:36pm On Oct 26, 2014
Amaechi is beginning to disrespect GEJ too much. both of you are brothers and would make up in no time

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Is Not My Brother — Amaechi by Greyworld: 9:45pm On Oct 26, 2014
And dat has remain d position of south south......

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Is Not My Brother — Amaechi by Psylas(m): 12:49am On Oct 27, 2014
Who ask am?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Is Not My Brother — Amaechi by seunmsg(m): 1:13am On Oct 27, 2014
"my brother is the man who delivers on his services for me" nothing can be truer than this. If majority of Nigerians will start reasoning like gov. Amaechi, we will overcome the tribal and religious sentiments that has held us back for so long and become a united and prosperous NATION in no time.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Is Not My Brother — Amaechi by win1234: 6:24am On Oct 27, 2014
of course, he is not ur brother, a traitor does not have brother, ask Omehia
Re: Jonathan Is Not My Brother — Amaechi by Bright2(m): 7:06am On Oct 27, 2014
Jonathan is my brother!!!!!!!! kiss kiss
Re: Jonathan Is Not My Brother — Amaechi by KwoiZabo(m): 7:38am On Oct 27, 2014
Amaechi is crazy! He is comparing what Notherners did with power in 35yrs to what GEJ did in 5yrs. I pity this man embarassed
Re: Jonathan Is Not My Brother — Amaechi by AbdH: 8:04am On Oct 27, 2014
KwoiZabo:
Amaechi is crazy! He is comparing what Notherners did with power in 35yrs to what GEJ did in 5yrs. I pity this man embarassed

Each of them didn't spend 35 years.
Re: Jonathan Is Not My Brother — Amaechi by Demdem(m): 8:47am On Oct 27, 2014
adonbilivit:
Amaechi is beginning to disrespect GEJ too much. both of you are brothers and would make up in no time

Where is the disrespect? For stating the truth as it is? Jonathan doesn't care about his people, that's the bitter truth.
Re: Jonathan Is Not My Brother — Amaechi by Demdem(m): 8:48am On Oct 27, 2014
seunmsg:
"my brother is the man who delivers on his services for me" nothing can be truer than this. If majority of Nigerians will start reasoning like gov. Amaechi, we will overcome the tribal and religious sentiments that has held us back for so long and become a united and prosperous NATION in no time.

Wellsaid.

(1) (Reply)

World Press Conference By Atiku Abubakar - On The Insurgency In The North / The Helicopters That Evacuated CDS Badeh’s Family From Mubi: A Lesson For All Ni / MEET The World’s 'poorest' President Who Lives On A Farm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.