Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,163 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:14 AM

Which Nigerian University Is The Best In Doctorate Degree Programmes? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Which Nigerian University Is The Best In Doctorate Degree Programmes? (1172 Views)

Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Masters Degree Programmes / 10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree / Which Nigerian University Is The Best To Study Engineering? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Which Nigerian University Is The Best In Doctorate Degree Programmes? by fatherab1: 1:01pm On Nov 17, 2008
I have been seeking to know which Nigerian university to undertake a Ph.D (Civil Engineering) in.
By this I mean the university that wont cost 10years of my life or excessive financial investments.
Please any nairalander whos is more exposed on this topic than I am should feel free to yarn irrespective of her/his level.
Re: Which Nigerian University Is The Best In Doctorate Degree Programmes? by fatherab1: 1:06pm On Nov 17, 2008
I dont wanna travel abroad for a Ph.D ooooo.
Re: Which Nigerian University Is The Best In Doctorate Degree Programmes? by Tonim(f): 6:52am On Nov 18, 2008
Which state of Nigeria are you from ? There are some states that are sponsoring students to go and get their doctorates
overseas because Nigeria is in dire need of professors. We just don't have the capacity to produce enough Ph.D's for our
teeming population.

In general, University of Ibadan is reputed as the best school in Nigeria to pursue a doctorate. I don't know much about UI's
engineering program.

But like I said, people are being sponsored to get their PhD's abroad by Nigerian state govts, especially if you plan on teaching.
You could be sent to South Africa, UK, Malaysia/Philippines (can't recall which of the two) etc.

(1) (Reply)

Elechi Set Commitee To Call Off Strike / Fed.poly.oko.anambra State / University Of Calabar 2011/2012 Second Choice Post Utme Screening Details

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.