Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,548 members, 7,819,946 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:14 AM

Muslim Group To Support Any Candidate Who Will Allow Hijab In Schools - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Muslim Group To Support Any Candidate Who Will Allow Hijab In Schools (643 Views)

Muslim Group Urges FG To Declare Fulani Herdsmen Terrorists / Muslim Group Attacks Gov. Fayose Over Malicious Newspaper Adverts / Will You Support Any Law Against Polygamy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muslim Group To Support Any Candidate Who Will Allow Hijab In Schools by chesterlee(m): 8:09am On Oct 27, 2014
Joint Muslim Forum pledged support to any
candidate for Lagos governorship, who will allow
wearing hijab in public schools.
Earlier this month, Lagos High Court upheld the ban
by the state government on wearing hijab, despite
the protest launched by Muslim students near the
office of governor Babatunde Fashola.
The Muslim group revived the issue on Thursday,
October 23, having released the press statement
in reaction to the High Court judgement. One of the
key points reads:
“We have resolved to give our votes to any
candidate from any political party who is ready to
grant us religious freedom.”
Source: www.naij.com/311482-muslim-group-to-support-any-candidate-who-will-allow-hijab-in-schools.html
Re: Muslim Group To Support Any Candidate Who Will Allow Hijab In Schools by Mynd44: 8:13am On Oct 27, 2014
Are we still on this issue? Do these folks realize the chaos that would happen should each religious body out there be allowed to wear their religious outfits?

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Group To Support Any Candidate Who Will Allow Hijab In Schools by braine(m): 8:27am On Oct 27, 2014
The babalawos too should protests for their kids to wear their masquerade costumes to class. And the Ogbonis should request for their children to tie their 'Itagbe' to school. Bloody clowns.

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Group To Support Any Candidate Who Will Allow Hijab In Schools by Imoy(m): 8:27am On Oct 27, 2014
Oh plsss. Dis pipu are jst set of demented mofos. Who gives a f*ck abt their vote?

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Group To Support Any Candidate Who Will Allow Hijab In Schools by chesterlee(m): 8:31am On Oct 27, 2014
braine:
The babalawos too should protests for their kids to wear their masquerade costumes to class.
Hehehehe!!! I swear!

Should the Babalawos protest? We are in for a real deep sh*t.

Btwn those peeps should rest joor! 9ja is not a muslim country!
Re: Muslim Group To Support Any Candidate Who Will Allow Hijab In Schools by Nobody: 8:32am On Oct 27, 2014
what is it with this hijab sef , i think it should also be banned from public places for security reasons.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Group To Support Any Candidate Who Will Allow Hijab In Schools by braine(m): 8:33am On Oct 27, 2014
chesterlee:
Hehehehe!!! I swear!

Should the Babalawos protest? We are in for a real deep sh*t.

Btwn those peeps should rest joor! 9ja is not a muslim country!

I tell you. The thing tire me. They act like they own the world and their way is the only way! Kilode?
Re: Muslim Group To Support Any Candidate Who Will Allow Hijab In Schools by chesterlee(m): 8:40am On Oct 27, 2014
Mynd44:
Are we still on this issue? Do these folks realize the chaos that would happen should each religious body out there be allowed to wear their religious outfits?

its so unfortunate that some of our muslim folks fail to reason like that.

Nigeria is gradually turning into a very religious sensitive country.

What would Hjab add to a life of an average Muslim kid?

1 Like

Re: Muslim Group To Support Any Candidate Who Will Allow Hijab In Schools by Mortiano(m): 8:49am On Oct 27, 2014
noted
Re: Muslim Group To Support Any Candidate Who Will Allow Hijab In Schools by Nobody: 9:03am On Oct 27, 2014
This is what I have been railing about all morning,yoruba christians shud wake up!

These people are on to something very big with this their hijab,if we don't prepare,we would be overwhelmed by their Larger plan which is to force a radical islamic culture on Yorubaland Land.I wonder what Adeboye and the rest are doing about this.In as much as Jonathan is a Corrupt Crettin,his administration ensures religious freedom and a balanced playing field for us all.I am very weary about the APC!!! Christians should "watch and Pray"

GEJ till 2019

Shalom.

(1) (Reply)

DEFECTION: Tambuwal Was Made Speaker By House Members Not PDP – Gbajabiamila / Abia Delagates In Free-for-all At APC Convention / Nigerian Man Accused Of Smuggling Drugs In Singapore Acquitted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.