Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,733 members, 7,817,017 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

See How Ebube Essien-garricks, MTN Aeroplane Winner Spent Her 'n64million Naira' - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / See How Ebube Essien-garricks, MTN Aeroplane Winner Spent Her 'n64million Naira' (5855 Views)

How I Spent My N64million Naira” – Ebube Essien-garricks, MTN Aeroplane Winner / See How MTN Ultimate Wonder Winner, Ebube Garricks, Is Spending Her Money / Meet The Lucky Winner Of MTN Aeroplane Promo - Ebube Essien Garricks(see Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

See How Ebube Essien-garricks, MTN Aeroplane Winner Spent Her 'n64million Naira' by Tracy66: 10:05am On Oct 27, 2014
November 13 2014 will make it exactly 2years since 27-year-old student of the Rivers State College of Health Science and Technology, Gladys Ebube Essien-Garricks was announced winner of the MTN Ultimate Wonder "Win An Aeroplane" Promo.

Rather than have the plane she actually won, Gladys had chosen the N64million cash prize which instantly changed her life and status. Fast forward to today, 2 years later, YNaija caught up with the mega millionaire to find out what she has been up to since the win. Excerpts:

How the 'win' was celebrated:
It was really an amazing thing that happened to me, I'm yet to get over the excitement. Not any one can be lucky like I was and I am still very grateful to God. My family threw me a party to celebrate but it was an in-house thing, it wasn't an elaborate one, just private family celebration. We didn't invite outsiders to avoid being kidnapped, lol.

You have been off the radar, why is that?

Yes and that's because I am presently studying business information system in Malaysia. I left Nigeria in May, 2013.

Why Malaysia?
Actually I wanted to go to Georgia but my ticket wasn't ready by then, so I settled for here and I really like it here anyway.

But you were already studying at the Rivers State College of Health Science and Technology

Yes but I had to quit, I couldn't go back to complete my studies because the whole winning incident made me popular in school, everyone would point at me, try to be friends with me and all….. I was known all over which the school and I had to leave for security reasons, I didn't feel safe.

After paying your tithe offering, what was the first thing you bought from the money?

I let it breath fresh air in the bank, then I bought lots of land…I didn't acquire houses or cars because that is not the main thing for now, moreover I'm not available to look over them so I settled for lands, it's a safer investment. I would acquire the other properties with time.
And your parents?

I have settled my parents and I am taking good care of them but let me point out that we were doing okay even before I won the money; we had our own family house before then too. 

You didn't go shopping at all…get new stuffs, change your wardrobe?

Yes I did. I changed my wardrobe, bought new stuffs for me and my family but I'm not a shopping freak

What has changed about you since the win?

Nothing much. I am still the humble me, the person I used to be. The money doesn't make me misbehave because God detests the proud.

You once said you will buy machines, work for yourself and be an employer of labour, have you fulfilled this yet?
Not really, plans change, and I am not in that field any more as I am studying something else now but if God permits, then it will be done
Let's talk about your love life. After you won the money, you said you had lots of toasters

Hahahaha it gave me headache. They all came because of the money you know…many of them got my contact from my sisters, they would call me to make empty promises, one of them even went as far as saying he'll build a big house for my mum and also take me abroad, imagine! They went as far as calling to ask my parents if I am married…but it's all good now, since I relocated here, everything has died down. I am now in a relationship and I will get married in due season
Would you return to Nigeria after your studies or settle fully in Malaysia?
I will only visit. I am working on being an international business woman, but don't ask me what I intend supplying, lol.

So have you exhausted all the N64 million?

Haba, no not really, I still have some left

Any advise to the Nigerian youths?
Youths should be patient and wait for their time, God's time is the best, thank you!

Shey she be like millionnaire? Hehe
Na from www.enekem.com o
'
http://www.enekem.com/2014/10/see-how-ebube-essien-garricks-mtn.html?m=1

1 Share

Re: See How Ebube Essien-garricks, MTN Aeroplane Winner Spent Her 'n64million Naira' by bigtt76(f): 10:12am On Oct 27, 2014
Ok.
Re: See How Ebube Essien-garricks, MTN Aeroplane Winner Spent Her 'n64million Naira' by kennyslim1(m): 10:18am On Oct 27, 2014
she still u*ly angry

5 Likes

Re: See How Ebube Essien-garricks, MTN Aeroplane Winner Spent Her 'n64million Naira' by Nobody: 10:34am On Oct 27, 2014
kennyslim1:
she still ugly angry
her pocket is beautiful

11 Likes

Re: See How Ebube Essien-garricks, MTN Aeroplane Winner Spent Her 'n64million Naira' by Nobody: 10:40am On Oct 27, 2014
Goes to show you how desperate men can be in Nigeria.. and if men are that desperate you can imagine what Nigerian women are.. DESPERADOOOO grin grin grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: See How Ebube Essien-garricks, MTN Aeroplane Winner Spent Her 'n64million Naira' by Nobody: 10:48am On Oct 27, 2014
Men, digging gold since 18DC.

3 Likes

Re: See How Ebube Essien-garricks, MTN Aeroplane Winner Spent Her 'n64million Naira' by FireVexen(m): 11:30am On Oct 27, 2014
kennyslim1:
she still ugly angry
negativity .. angry i hate your type

3 Likes

Re: See How Ebube Essien-garricks, MTN Aeroplane Winner Spent Her 'n64million Naira' by donstevico(m): 11:41am On Oct 27, 2014
hmm ...
Re: See How Ebube Essien-garricks, MTN Aeroplane Winner Spent Her 'n64million Naira' by kevoh(m): 12:11pm On Oct 27, 2014
I don't believe the interview. It sounds made up.

6 Likes

Re: See How Ebube Essien-garricks, MTN Aeroplane Winner Spent Her 'n64million Naira' by Nobody: 12:19pm On Oct 27, 2014
kennyslim1:
she still ugly angry
But her life is more beautiful than yours......grin

3 Likes

Re: See How Ebube Essien-garricks, MTN Aeroplane Winner Spent Her 'n64million Naira' by espn(m): 12:21pm On Oct 27, 2014
FireVexen:
negativity .. angry i hate your type
yea I hate it too even its obvious he jst said d truth!she's ugly buh rich!
Re: See How Ebube Essien-garricks, MTN Aeroplane Winner Spent Her 'n64million Naira' by igbsam(m): 12:23pm On Oct 27, 2014
Too many lies in this yeye and fake interview. She no even sound like person wey win 2million naira. MTN just scammed people with that their useless promo.

Still Looking like the Mgbeke she is. If that is House is where she is living with her family after the 64million they claimed she won, then walahi, the thunder that will fire her and MTN is still in the gym working out.

7 Likes

Re: See How Ebube Essien-garricks, MTN Aeroplane Winner Spent Her 'n64million Naira' by Nobody: 12:25pm On Oct 27, 2014
espn:
yea I hate it too even its obvious he jst said d truth!she's ugly buh rich!
With money she can go for plastic surgery and become a very pretty woman...grin
Re: See How Ebube Essien-garricks, MTN Aeroplane Winner Spent Her 'n64million Naira' by Gbolask24(m): 12:32pm On Oct 27, 2014
[img]http://3.bp..com/-eMfpOj0ADrU/VEwL1Uw269I/AAAAAAADwpo/31ULkbQL4PY/s1600/00.jpg[/img]

Actress Chika Ike is done with Dubai and has taken the fun to Istanbul. See more photos after the cut

More Photos>>http://gbolaskblog..com/2014/10/sexy-photos-chika-ike-takes-fun-to.html
Re: See How Ebube Essien-garricks, MTN Aeroplane Winner Spent Her 'n64million Naira' by missdebs(f): 12:35pm On Oct 27, 2014
i sha knw dis would hit fp....dassall
Re: See How Ebube Essien-garricks, MTN Aeroplane Winner Spent Her 'n64million Naira' by hatux: 12:41pm On Oct 27, 2014
wakacome:
With money she can go for plastic surgery and become a very pretty woman...grin
shocked grin
Re: See How Ebube Essien-garricks, MTN Aeroplane Winner Spent Her 'n64million Naira' by goldfish80(m): 12:41pm On Oct 27, 2014
N64 million richer and she's still wearing okirika gown.
There's no cat in shell's chance this interview is real.

1 Like

Re: See How Ebube Essien-garricks, MTN Aeroplane Winner Spent Her 'n64million Naira' by strangest(m): 12:59pm On Oct 27, 2014
Surgery, butt implant etc.... grin ... Malaysia and Georgia... Its either the whole thing is a lie or the girl no get taste

1 Like

Re: See How Ebube Essien-garricks, MTN Aeroplane Winner Spent Her 'n64million Naira' by Nobody: 1:29pm On Oct 27, 2014
With 64million bucks,she can look better than that!
Re: See How Ebube Essien-garricks, MTN Aeroplane Winner Spent Her 'n64million Naira' by VantagePoint: 1:36pm On Oct 27, 2014
ROSYL:
Women, hoarding gold since 4 B.C.

2 Likes

Re: See How Ebube Essien-garricks, MTN Aeroplane Winner Spent Her 'n64million Naira' by Nobody: 1:36pm On Oct 27, 2014
berem:
With 64million bucks,she can look better than that!
GEJ even after millions of naira in his account still look the way he looked even before he became rich......grin

1 Like

Re: See How Ebube Essien-garricks, MTN Aeroplane Winner Spent Her 'n64million Naira' by donmalcolm21(m): 1:50pm On Oct 27, 2014
How does 64million naira equal the cost of an aeroplane? SMH for emptyhen.
Re: See How Ebube Essien-garricks, MTN Aeroplane Winner Spent Her 'n64million Naira' by chimeluiz: 2:08pm On Oct 27, 2014
M T N...
telling LIES "everywhere you go" angry angry
Re: See How Ebube Essien-garricks, MTN Aeroplane Winner Spent Her 'n64million Naira' by Chadso(m): 2:10pm On Oct 27, 2014
But afta evrytin she stil whuure-wore
Re: See How Ebube Essien-garricks, MTN Aeroplane Winner Spent Her 'n64million Naira' by prettyjo(f): 2:23pm On Oct 27, 2014
kedu nke bu MTN aero plane winner,hmmm.....how come av never heard of it?
Re: See How Ebube Essien-garricks, MTN Aeroplane Winner Spent Her 'n64million Naira' by armadeo(m): 2:40pm On Oct 27, 2014
ROSYL:

Women digging men's pockets since 10bc. If no gold in the pocket they creep to the next prospecter.
Re: See How Ebube Essien-garricks, MTN Aeroplane Winner Spent Her 'n64million Naira' by egopersonified(f): 2:52pm On Oct 27, 2014
I smell lies. MTN, how much did you actually give this girl?
Re: See How Ebube Essien-garricks, MTN Aeroplane Winner Spent Her 'n64million Naira' by Nobody: 3:21pm On Oct 27, 2014
kennyslim1:
she still ugly angry
GUY..u harsh oooo..
OF what use is beauty without CASH.....
Re: See How Ebube Essien-garricks, MTN Aeroplane Winner Spent Her 'n64million Naira' by armadeo(m): 3:43pm On Oct 27, 2014
Honestly she doesn't sound like who has/ ever had that amount of cash.
Re: See How Ebube Essien-garricks, MTN Aeroplane Winner Spent Her 'n64million Naira' by femidejulius(m): 3:49pm On Oct 27, 2014
ROSYL:

Women, seriously following and attaching themselves with men who have successfully dug out gold since 1000BC

1 Like

Re: See How Ebube Essien-garricks, MTN Aeroplane Winner Spent Her 'n64million Naira' by akinsadeez(m): 3:54pm On Oct 27, 2014
The way women pose for picture ehn, see where the head is and see where the bottom is. undecided
Re: See How Ebube Essien-garricks, MTN Aeroplane Winner Spent Her 'n64million Naira' by nedu2000(m): 3:59pm On Oct 27, 2014
kevoh:
I don't believe the interview. It sounds made up.
I share your scepticism

(1) (2) (Reply)

13 Shocking Facts About Khloe Kardashian / Tiwasavage In Bumshort, Twerked For Fans After Boredom Wanted To Kill Her. VIDEO / Who Looks More Handsome In Their Latest Selfie? Wizkid Vs Davido Vs Olamide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.