Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:57 AM

5 Lessons I Learnt From Being The Senior Prefect Of My School - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 5 Lessons I Learnt From Being The Senior Prefect Of My School (10215 Views)

How Can I Report WAEC Exam Malpractice Happening In My School? / How To Graduate With First Class- My Experiences And Lessons Learnt / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Lessons I Learnt From Being The Senior Prefect Of My School by Nobody: 1:11pm On Oct 27, 2014
By March 2013 towards the end of my second term in SS2, I was appointed Senior Prefect of my school. I was so nervous when we (my classmates and me) were called up to the podium of our assemby hall to be given our post. From that very moment I knew a huge responsibility have been placed on me and if I wanted to be remembered as a good and responsible student , I must discharge my duties accordingly.
Although it be that I was a shy and lazy student, I determined to be bold and hardworking to earn a good name for myself. My dream from that day was to be one of the best Senior Prefect my school has ever had. This made me work very hard, even my classmates noticed it. I remember one of my classmates one day came to me and said "eh! eesy you've changed o"though she did'nt tell how I've changed, I knw what she meant. I used to be a very shy boy, I hardly talked to the girls in my class, same to the boys, which made them not like me. So I was just a loner.
But when I was made Senior Prefect things changed, I was able to address my fellow students during assembly and I held a lot of meetings with my classmates, I was the president of SU, Press club and Drama club. In the cause of doing these things I learnt the following lessons:
Public Speaking: My experiance as the SP of my school have taught me how to talk to an audience. I have addressed an audience comprising my principal all my teachers, my school mates and their parents, suming up to almost a thousand people twice. And I did well.
Leadership: Being the SP also taught me the art of leading.
Politeness: Because I wanted to be loved by both my teachers and students, I Was respectful and considerate of other people. It's now a habbit.
Organisational Ability: During my tenure, I organised so many extra curricula activities which featured plays from the drama club and News by the Press club members. This taught me how to Organise a team.
Punctuality: A leader must show good example. I always told my juniors to be punctual and I did so too. Today I apply that in everything I do.
Though at the end of my tenure I wasnt crown the best Senior Prefect, I can proudly say I learnt a lot.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Lessons I Learnt From Being The Senior Prefect Of My School by agohmamuda(m): 1:13pm On Oct 27, 2014
I was health prefect then, I learned that one has to bath at least once in a day.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Lessons I Learnt From Being The Senior Prefect Of My School by Nobody: 1:13pm On Oct 27, 2014
Hmmmmm
Re: 5 Lessons I Learnt From Being The Senior Prefect Of My School by Nobody: 3:05pm On Oct 27, 2014
agohmamuda:
I was health prefect then, I learned that one has to bath at least once in a day.
seriously? Do you mean you did'nt know that?
Re: 5 Lessons I Learnt From Being The Senior Prefect Of My School by amakufrancis(m): 3:18pm On Oct 27, 2014
was an sp then and i equally learnt some qualities listed above.
Re: 5 Lessons I Learnt From Being The Senior Prefect Of My School by agohmamuda(m): 3:19pm On Oct 27, 2014
eesy:

seriously? Do you mean you did'nt know that?

If its a lie, leme bath naked always.
Re: 5 Lessons I Learnt From Being The Senior Prefect Of My School by SMALLPENIS(f): 3:34pm On Oct 27, 2014
eesy:
By March 2013 towards the end of my second term in SS2, I was appointed Senior Prefect of my school. I was so nervous when we (my classmates and me) were called up to the podium of our assemby hall to be given our post. From that very moment I knew a huge responsibility have been placed on me and if I wanted to be remembered as a good and responsible student , I must discharge my duties accordingly.
Although it be that I was a shy and lazy student, I determined to be bold and hardworking to earn a good name for myself. My dream from that day was to be one of the best Senior Prefect my school has ever had. This made me work very hard, even my classmates noticed it. I remember one of my classmates one day came to me and said "eh! eesy you've changed o"though she did'nt tell how I've changed, I knw what she meant. I used to be a very shy boy, I hardly talked to the girls in my class, same to the boys, which made them not like me. So I was just a loner.
But when I was made Senior Prefect things changed, I was able to address my fellow students during assembly and I held a lot of meetings with my classmates, I was the president of SU, Press club and Drama club. In the cause of doing these things I learnt the following lessons:
Public Speaking: My experiance as the SP of my school have taught me how to talk to an audience. I have addressed an audience comprising my principal all my teachers, my school mates and their parents, suming up to almost a thousand people twice. And I did well.
Leadership: Being the SP also taught me the art of leading.
Politeness: Because I wanted to be loved by both my teachers and students, I Was respectful and considerate of other people. It's now a habbit.
Organisational Ability: During my tenure, I organised so many extra curricula activities which featured plays from the drama club and News by the Press club members. This taught me how to Organise a team.
Punctuality: A leader must show good example. I always told my juniors to be punctual and I did so too. Today I apply that in everything I do.
Though at the end of my tenure I wasnt crown the best Senior Prefect, I can proudly say I learnt a lot.

you are in ss3 now
Re: 5 Lessons I Learnt From Being The Senior Prefect Of My School by Nobody: 6:41am On Oct 28, 2014
amakufrancis:
was an sp then and i equally learnt some qualities listed above.
Re: 5 Lessons I Learnt From Being The Senior Prefect Of My School by Nobody: 12:09pm On Nov 22, 2014
You must be a good student with good character to be doing this. Many secondary school students change when they are made prefect, they use their power as prefects to bully and estort money from their juniors

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Africa is a Continent, Not a Country / 62 Students Rusticated, 12 Expelled From Auchi Poly / Official LAUTECH Open & Distance Learning Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.