Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,784 members, 7,810,044 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:16 PM

Man Sentenced To 6 Days Of Community Service For Stealing Pot Of Soup - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Man Sentenced To 6 Days Of Community Service For Stealing Pot Of Soup (609 Views)

Tonia Ferrari: My ‘Honey Pot’ Is Not For Public Use (picture) / Desmond Elliot Hits The Gym To Control His Growing Pot Belly (Photos) / Chris Brown Doing Community Service ~ Video N Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Sentenced To 6 Days Of Community Service For Stealing Pot Of Soup by naijaspice: 5:55pm On Oct 27, 2014
http://www.naijaspice.net/2014/10/man-sentenced-to-6-days-of-community.html

A magistrate court in Somolu, Lagos State on Monday sentenced a 28- year-old man, Abiodun Ojedokun, to six days of community service for allegedly stealing a large pot of soup.
The Magistrate, Bola Osunsanmi, sentenced the convict to 48 hours of community service for each of the three-count charge, after he had pleaded guilty to them.
“Based on the facts of this case before this court, the confirmed report and your plea of leniency, I hereby sentence you to 48 hours community service on each of the counts of the charge,” Osunsanmi said.
The convict, arraigned on a three-count charge of conspiracy, burglary and stealing, pleaded guilty to all the charges preferred against him.
The prosecutor, Akinlabi Adegoke, told the court that the convict, who was a casual worker and whose address was unknown, committed the offence on September 20th at 2 a.m. at the Onipanu Model Market in Somolu, Lagos State.
“The accused connived with some others, now at large, to break into one Gbadamosi Sanni’s shop at 2 a.m.
“They broke the locks and stole her large pot of soup, valued at N8,000,” Adegoke said.
The prosecutor told the court that the offenses contravened Sections 285, 308 and 409 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2011.
Ojedokun pleaded guilty to the charges and asked for leniency, claiming that he committed the offense because he was starving.
Re: Man Sentenced To 6 Days Of Community Service For Stealing Pot Of Soup by pretydiva(f): 6:41pm On Oct 27, 2014
Hmm.may God deliver us frm poverty
Re: Man Sentenced To 6 Days Of Community Service For Stealing Pot Of Soup by englishmart(m): 6:46pm On Oct 27, 2014
LOL. Every offence dey constitution.

What does he want a whole pot of soup for?
This isn't poverty induced stealing.

Now the woman don lie say na 8k the soup worth..
As an arje-kpako woman Wey my mind dey tell me say she be, she wan tell me say she dey spend like 12k everyday for feeding?

Not like it's much sha, Coz me dey spend nothing less than 20k if I arrange standard soup.

Oga it's your cross. Don't let it bother me pls.
Re: Man Sentenced To 6 Days Of Community Service For Stealing Pot Of Soup by qadeerkug(m): 6:57pm On Oct 27, 2014
pretydiva:
Hmm.may God deliver us frm poverty
ameen

(1) (Reply)

FG To Return Sanusi's Impounded Passports, Seized Salaries / Must Read: Naija Love Part 1 (one) / APC Rewards Sahara Reporters With $5 Million USA Mansion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.