Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,834 members, 7,828,045 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:42 PM

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport - Travel (113) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport (1450187 Views)

The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name / Chinese Man Speaking Pidgin On Plane To A Nigeria Woman During A Fight / 44 Countries You Can Travel To With A Nigeria International Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) ... (831) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nobody: 9:41pm On Feb 18, 2020
nkechima:

Thanks for the quick response. You misunderstood my inquiry.I want to know the official price for international passport of Age 10 downward.

Np. The official prices are in the link in my post. Prices are the same for adults and children.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by PremiumTrends(m): 10:45pm On Feb 18, 2020
Thanks a lot. I realised I was just unsettled at the moment. I've printed the payment slip and application form. Interview date is 9th March, can I request on the Twitter handle to go earlier? Maybe next week Friday instead of the initial date
Innunique:

no login needed, just input your application number and reference number and your profile will be out.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Innunique: 10:58pm On Feb 18, 2020
PremiumTrends:
...Interview date is 9th March, can I request on the Twitter handle to go earlier? Maybe next week Friday instead of the initial date
You can give it a try. never say never
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nobody: 4:32am On Feb 19, 2020
Mamaroon:

Np. The official prices are in the link in my post. Same for adults and children.
Thanks. Will do the payment asap
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by elijah101(m): 4:36am On Feb 19, 2020
You can go anytime you want ... no need for twitter ... you can go today even if you want
PremiumTrends:
Thanks a lot. I realised I was just unsettled at the moment. I've printed the payment slip and application form. Interview date is 9th March, can I request on the Twitter handle to go earlier? Maybe next week Friday instead of the initial date

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by PremiumTrends(m): 6:33am On Feb 20, 2020
Will I be interviewed? Won't they send me back for coming too early? Did it work for you? Pardon the questions, but I'm checking if I'll just go on Friday
elijah101:
You can go anytime you want ... no need for twitter ... you can go today even if you want
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by khattab008: 8:14am On Feb 20, 2020
PremiumTrends:
Will I be interviewed? Won't they send me back for coming too early? Did it work for you? Pardon the questions, but I'm checking if I'll just go on Friday

I went a day after my scheduled date and I was captured so just go, you won't be sent back.

If you selected Ikoyi, go straight to the servicom office went you get there.

Endeavour to go early
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by PremiumTrends(m): 5:17pm On Feb 20, 2020
Thank you, I'll be there on Monday
khattab008:

I went a day after my scheduled date and I was captured so just go, you won't be sent back.

If you selected Ikoyi, go straight to the servicom office went you get there.

Endeavour to go early
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Princefineman: 9:41am On Feb 21, 2020
Oga
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by taitee(f): 1:48pm On Feb 21, 2020
Pls how long does it take between capturing to collection. In alausa and in ikoyi. I want to know because i captured january 29th in alausa and till now i'm hearing it's not ready.
Those that have collected pls share your experience

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by khattab008: 2:32pm On Feb 21, 2020
taitee:
Pls how long does it take between capturing to collection. In alausa and in ikoyi. I want to know because i captured january 29th in alausa and till now i'm hearing it's not ready.
Those that have collected pls share your experience

Mine took less 2 weeks, collected it on Tuesday.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nobody: 9:23am On Feb 22, 2020
which one is enrollment id?
i did the application myself online.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by GBSS: 11:10am On Feb 22, 2020
GBSS:
Please note, this is for change of name due to marriage
So today, my wife and I decided to do it ourselves. After receiving outrageous prices from different immigration officers, who were suppose to help us get a new passport for my wife reflecting her marital name, we developed righteous anger and decided to do it ourselves.
First we contacted an immigration officer at FESTAC who was to do the passport for 40k. On getting there, my wife was left to herself to do everything even with a young child. She got feed up and left there without processing it. But before leaving, she her silently got everything needed for her to apply for change of name. Please note that the procedure for change of name due to marriage is slightly different from renewal without any change in basis data, you can verify this on their website
Tuesday we made payment and selected Alausa office as against FESTAC, because the immigration officer kept saying the approval will come from Alausa. Why go through hell, when you can land in heaven with a direct flight?
I placed a call through to servicom and had the buy in to go before our date for interview. So, today we left for Alausa, went straight to servicom as was often said here. Was directed to the appropriate section.
On meeting with the officer, a slight drama wanted to play out, but my disposition to everyone told them I was not in for playing hide and seek. The officer wanting to send us back because of the interview date, but with a gentleness, I referred to my previous call to servicom and he obliged.
Then the full drama started.

I hope to update you with more information as we progress.
To be continued

Part 2

After all the drama that took place in my part one story, we went to the immigration office after 2 weeks of enrollment to capture. Turns out the approval for the change of name has been granted and we were not notified to come for capture, according to them, it just got to there table the same day. My wife was asked to wait so she could do her data capture, which she did and was capture that same day. Then the wait started.
After capture, we twitted several times at them, some they replied some they didn’t. After about another 2 weeks, we had an update from their twitter handle that there was no update on our application form Alausa. Hmmmm...
So we had to get to their office to know what’s up. On reaching there, it was discovered that the file was yet to be attended to. We were lied to, that Abuja was yet to reflect the name change on their system.
On hearing that, we came home and contacted an officer in their Abuja office. Their we got to know that it was yet to be sent to Abuja for the name change.
With that, I contacted the ministry of interior report twitter handle. They graciously replied and contacted Alausa office, only to discover that they were yet to send the approval of name change to Abuja.
After 2 days of follow up with the ministry of interior, we received a call from the officer in charge of name change at Alausa that we should come and make formal change of request of 32 pages as against the earlier 64 pages we requested, that this was the cause of delay for passport.
The next Monday we where at the immigration office to submit the requirement for that change which required an affidavit from the court stating that we are no longer requesting for 64 pages and a letter to that effect.
After this submission, we followed up with the ministry of interior twitter handle. After 3 days, our passport was ready. Just like that!
So, the lesson for those applying for change of name, followup with the ministry of interior twitter handle and the officer the application was submitted. If it becomes difficult to reach the officer, always use the PCO. These officers can lie without the devil noticing it was a lie.
End of story

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by user4321Return(m): 10:24pm On Feb 22, 2020
So.. after getting enough info and encouragement from this thread, I decided to DIY (Renewal)
I went to the website and filled the form, and also paid online, ₦26,000. I used the Netpost pay, since it didn't make any sense going to the bank again (apparently the other payment portals are just scams.. obviously man know man with no knowledge of electronic transactions). I was given 22nd of January as Interview date, but rescheduled to January 21st.
Fast forward to January 21st, I headed to Ikoyi passport office with resilience that I wouldn't part with one kobo. I was given slight harrassment at the gate. The immigration officer kept asking who my contact was, and reply was "I'm here to renew my passport".. after asking 5 times and me sticking to my simple reply, he let me in. Then I marched straight to servicom, and met three other DIY dudes. We were given one faded form to photocopy and fill. We did that , and we were given a fresh and nice Nigerian Immigration file, then we were sent off to the adjacent office to sign.
I spent almost 30 minutes here sitting down because the officers in the office were too busy shuffling in and out with a stack of white files for their own "candidates". Finally a lady attended to us and signed, then we were sent to the next office beside the service unit. The signing was swift here as the woman was just about to eat. After signing at the second service office, we were sent off to the long room. Lots of people just sat while immigration officers were doing the leg work and pushing files. I submitted my file at the first counter and waited a few minutes before it was given any attention. After it was signed we were sent to the next three counters for more signatures and computer filling. The last signing point was just before the capture room. Two non immigration officer ladies were in charge here, and seem deathly surprised to see people DIY and wasted like 15 minutes of our time.
Finally we were in the capture room, there was no space to sit down so we took a chair upfront, close to a certain officer. Twenty minutes had passed, and nothing. So I decided to talk to the officer in front of me, and told him we were part of the queue, and lack of space brought us to the seat in front. He swiftly directed one officer to stop selecting people from the Main pool, and capture us at the seat upfront.
It was finally my turn for capture, and an officer tried putting a lady before me, but I swiftly sat down and refused to stand up. My details were finally captured, and I was directed to submit my file back at servicom.. I was given 24th of January as pickup date.

PART 2
I decided to give some time before going to pick up the passport, since I was in no hurry. I finally went on the 16th of February, almost a month later. I went straight to the collection point around 9:30AM, and submitted my enrollment form in a basket placed just outside the entrance. One big mistake I made was not making photocopies of the enrollment form. A batch of passports was brought outside and names were called, but I wasn't worried since my form was still in the basket. 30 minutes later, an officer came to pack the forms in the basket. Then another batch of passports was brought out, and I was hoping my name would be called, but I chopped my "L" in peace. I witnessed more and more batches of passport being brought out to be called, and my name still wasn't mentioned. I kept my cool till three hours had elapsed, and I could take it no more. I went to servicom, and I was directed to a certain ọga D****o, I decided to go see him, but was harassed by a junior officer at office entrance who kept pushing me to go outside. I stubbornly insisted on seeing Oga D****ọ, And finally got a hold of him and told him my plight. He asked me to write my surname on a piece of paper and bring it to him. By the time I went around for a piece of paper, and went back to see him, he was nowhere to be found, and now a senior officer was asking me to get out. I refused to go, then after waiting to no avail, then I went back to the waiting shed. Then I caught a glimpse of ọga D****o again, and I swiftly forced my way into the office to give him my surname. In less than five seconds he went in and came out with my passport, and personally activated it himself. I said my Thank you and swaggered out of there, drenched in three hour sweat.
I enjoyed Doing it myself, paid ₦0.00 in bribes.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by praiseneo(m): 4:00pm On Feb 23, 2020
Princefineman:
Hello,

Who has a genuine contact in Ibadan passport office that can process express passport sharp sharp ?
Ibadan?? Ibadan that I haven’t collected my passport since September
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by praiseneo(m): 4:12pm On Feb 23, 2020
September 23 2019 was the day I applied for this thing called passport at Ibadan with the sum of 35k. I did my capture and biometrics that same day.

Nairalanders up till date I never see passport collect
They say no materials, no this and that plus dem change their oga too. And I’m suppose to be in Europe by now. Who did I offend? Who?? cry cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Princefineman: 6:44pm On Feb 23, 2020
[quote au
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by praiseneo(m): 7:11pm On Feb 23, 2020
Princefineman:

Really that's serious .

But I'm almost sure people still collect on daily basis.

Based on connect.

Abeg anybody wey get Ibadan passport connect sha make e help.

Thanks
boss I weak I taya I suppose don de Europe like this money for everything don de ground na passport be issue
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by nlguy2019: 6:42am On Feb 25, 2020
praiseneo:
Ibadan?? Ibadan that I haven’t collected my passport since September

you should go right now. They're currently attending to folks who captured in September.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by praiseneo(m): 8:30am On Feb 25, 2020
nlguy2019:

you should go right now. They're currently attending to folks who captured in September.
the officer told me there are no materials yet that they are bringing it this week or early next month
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by taitee(f): 1:28pm On Feb 25, 2020
For those renewing
Pls do u need to show them your old passport before u can get the new one? I want to go for collection but my old passport is not with me. ((Not going from home) kindly help
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by guruvick(m): 1:55pm On Feb 25, 2020
Good day

Please from number 2.

The passport size, is what size exactly? Is it the regular passport photography we use everyday or it's different?

Please urgent reply my interview is tomorrow.

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nobody: 3:49pm On Feb 25, 2020
taitee:
For those renewing
Pls do u need to show them your old passport before u can get the new one? I want to go for collection but my old passport is not with me. ((Not going from home) kindly help
How old was your passport before renewal?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by taitee(f): 5:42pm On Feb 25, 2020
onecoder:

How old was your passport before renewal?
It will be 5yrs in 2 months. Expiring in may

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by olalekan9320(m): 7:08pm On Feb 25, 2020
taitee:
For those renewing
they would need to stamp at the back of the old passport, so I'm not sure they would give you the new one
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Adayoung(f): 4:34pm On Feb 27, 2020
Good day, for a new passport, i dont have local government or state of origin certificate, can i use only my NIN ?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by taitee(f): 9:07pm On Feb 27, 2020
Adayoung:
Good day, for a new passport, i dont have local government or state of origin certificate, can i use only my NIN ?

No. U need ur state of origin cert. Go to ur state office and get it. U get it that day
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Adayoung(f): 10:23pm On Feb 27, 2020
taitee:

No. U need ur state of origin cert. Go to ur state office and get it. U get it that day

thanks
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by taitee(f): 11:22am On Mar 02, 2020
Pls who has servucom number for alausa office? I really need to find out i my passport is ready. Or how can i go about it?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by zevous: 4:30pm On Mar 02, 2020
Please how do I get Validation number after making Netpost payment for NIS passport renewal
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by zevous: 4:41pm On Mar 02, 2020
Please it's urgent coz I used Netpost pay and it's asking for validation number and I wasn't given any number after making payment from my FCMB card
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nobody: 6:26pm On Mar 02, 2020
zevous:
Please it's urgent coz I used Netpost pay and it's asking for validation number and I wasn't given any number after making payment from my FCMB card
After payment was successful netpost will alert you to print the payment slip. Probably you ignored it

(1) (2) (3) ... (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) ... (831) (Reply)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

Viewing this topic: oohhjjaayy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.