Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,721 members, 7,813,378 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:32 AM

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport - Travel (179) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport (1434749 Views)

The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name / Chinese Man Speaking Pidgin On Plane To A Nigeria Woman During A Fight / 44 Countries You Can Travel To With A Nigeria International Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) ... (828) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by iretiogo1: 6:36am On Dec 29, 2020
kadiens:
Hello guys! Please, I have checked through this thread on how to replace a lost passport but cant find any info regarding that. I filled the online application for a replacement on their official website and was charged N20,000 for the passport and N2,000 for address verification. Meanwhile, an immigration officer requested I bring N55k and a photocopy of my lost passport to get a replacement. My question now is , is it safe to proceed with the online application since it's far cheaper and also has anybody gotten a passport replacement using the 'online application' method, so I can proceed to make payment?. Thank you
when did you lost it ?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Dave0116(m): 7:16am On Dec 29, 2020
yehmy:
You should be able to get guarantor at passport office, i'm yet to even see person sign my own
Wow.... I'll try later today sha
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by BBYYOLA: 9:44am On Dec 29, 2020
Guys I have applied for my passport since the 5th of August 2020 at Oyo State immigration office but up til now there is nothing about that. I paid 27k. There is an officer helping me tracking it. He is always telling me it will soon come out but till now nothing. I was also linked to another more senior officer there he told till January but seems to me the January too can not be available. I suppose to have taken my international exam since October but here I am going into 2021 without the passport nor taking the exam. Please any help to how get my passport.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by iretiogo1: 10:50am On Dec 29, 2020
BBYYOLA:
Guys I have applied for my passport since the 5th of August 2020 at Oyo State immigration office but up til now there is nothing about that. I paid 27k. There is an officer helping me tracking it. He is always telling me it will soon come out but till now nothing. I was also linked to another more senior officer there he told till January but seems to me the January too can not be available. I suppose to have taken my international exam since October but here I am going into 2021 without the passport nor taking the exam. Please any help to how get my passport.
go there and ask for the PCO office and explain to him you get your passport
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by kadiens: 1:26pm On Dec 29, 2020
iretiogo1:
when did you lost it ?

Since last year December.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Dave0116(m): 2:25pm On Dec 29, 2020
Please is there anyone I can meet directly tomorrow? Because the person I met at servicom today asked me to come after my interview day which is January, and I really want to get it done tomorrow.
I'm doing it DIY and I have all my documents except my NIN slip(I only have the the number)

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by iretiogo1: 2:50pm On Dec 29, 2020
kadiens:

Since last year December.
okay you need police report, affidavit and data page of the lost passport. If you don’t need it urgent do it yourself go to those ppl that do affidavit they we help you to do affidavit and police report faster
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by oyekeye: 5:20pm On Dec 29, 2020
Dave0116:
Please is there anyone I can meet directly tomorrow? Because the person I met at servicom today asked me to come after my interview day which is January, and I really want to get it done tomorrow.
I'm doing it DIY and I have all my documents except my NIN slip(I only have the the number)

You have to convince him. Tell him why you can't wait. I was there today and he, officer Agba asked me to come on my scheduled date but I explained and was captured eventually. I got to the passport office around 12pm, by 2:15pm I was done. Going through servicom and not paying a bribe gave me a vip treatment.
I got service earlier than those who paid 40k. Passport to be ready by Friday. I paid yesterday. I'm shocked.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by BBYYOLA: 6:20pm On Dec 29, 2020
Ok, thank you. I will check
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by BBYYOLA: 6:22pm On Dec 29, 2020
iretiogo1:
go there and ask for the PCO office and explain to him you get your passport
Ok, thank you. I will check
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Floyd45(m): 6:52pm On Dec 29, 2020
Floyd45:

*Captured today*
I met the famous Officer Adamu at Servicom. He was courteous as always.
I went with these documents for renewal. He then directed me to the 'long room' where the documents and payment were confirmed.
I then proceeded to capturing room. I was captured in 30 mins.
Took my file back to Servicom office and he told me to come back in 7 working days to pick up.

Una taink you oo

Passport picked up today

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nickxander11(m): 7:27pm On Dec 29, 2020

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nickxander11(m): 7:28pm On Dec 29, 2020
[quote author=Floyd45 post=97533262][/quote]
floyd45, Did you get a message from them?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Dave0116(m): 8:45pm On Dec 29, 2020
oyekeye:

You have to convince him. Tell him why you can't wait. I was there today and he, officer Agba asked me to come on my scheduled date but I explained and was captured eventually. I got to the passport office around 12pm, by 2:15pm I was done. Going through servicom and not paying a bribe gave me a vip treatment.
I got service earlier than those who paid 40k. Passport to be ready by Friday. I paid yesterday. I'm shocked.
You probably saw me because I was there at tgat same time nonetheless I'll go again tomorrow.

But pls can you list out the procedures, like after the notarization what's next?

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Floyd45(m): 11:40pm On Dec 29, 2020
Nickxander11:

floyd45, Did you get a message from them?

Yes, I got a text saying my passport was ready for collection.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by yehmy(m): 4:46am On Dec 30, 2020
Nickxander11:
Please anyone waiting to collect Epassport from alausa?
I captured before 20th Dec was told to come on 28th and pick it unfortunately 28 was holidays, called them and they if I did not get a text then it isn't ready.
Has anyone that captured around 18th Dec gotten their passport?
Just go with faith

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nickxander11(m): 6:31am On Dec 30, 2020
yehmy:
Just go with faith
Okay, I Will go back on Friday.
Thanks
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by oyekeye: 6:44am On Dec 30, 2020
Dave0116:

You probably saw me because I was there at tgat same time nonetheless I'll go again tomorrow.

But pls can you list out the procedures, like after the notarization what's next?

I did renewal. I don't have the details for fresh passport

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Mike213: 7:11am On Dec 30, 2020
[quote author=Floyd45 post=97533262][/quote]

Please what are d documents for renewal
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Dave0116(m): 7:28am On Dec 30, 2020
oyekeye:

I did renewal. I don't have the details for fresh passport
Oh okay.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Dave0116(m): 8:03am On Dec 30, 2020
Oggg:

Good morning sir, I have NIN but I don't have the slip, I went several times to get but they said they don't have paper... So pls can I process my passport with just the number?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Floyd45(m): 8:24am On Dec 30, 2020
Oggg:

Application letter to the Comptroller General for renewal of ppt
Application form
Acknowledgment slip
Payment slip
NIN slip
Old passport data page and booklet
2 passport photos

cc: Mike213

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Dave0116(m): 11:32am On Dec 30, 2020
I got to the passport office by 8am, as I got there, they were calling those who came for capturing to go in, I joined them and I went straight to the long room, and to the capturing room after which I was told I haven't done done anything, that I'll have to enroll... She asked me to go to servicom.
As I reach servicom I met C. Agba, he said my interview was supposed to be after new year that I should go back, I told him I applied for scholarship, and needed it as soon as possible and I told him i asked some officers on nairaland and they asked me to explain to any officer i meet, he asked if I came with evidence to prove I applied for scholarship, I told him I forgot it since I was in a hurry... I kept apologizing until he gave me some 4 papers to photocopy 2pcs each. I did the photocopy and he gave me one of it to fill, after I was done filling he helped me changed the file and gave me the brown file and asked me to go to the office in the middle for stamp... I went and I was stamped, he asked me to go to the long room and pass it to all attendants there... Omo grin grin
As I got there the first person I met was one tall and huge woman who after collecting my file yelled I should go and sit down, Lol. After few minutes she called me to collect and move to the next counter, at all counters I noticed they placed my file under and their staffs will occasionally drop random files to be signed first before the ones already there, I tried to be patient and courteous as possible as I no know anybody... after the last stamp on the long room I was asked to go and enroll in the capturing room... As I enter I met officer Nyako (God bless him) he handed my file to be enrolled (he made sure everyone was treated equal, he didn't condone putting people in front of people) and he asked me to join the queue from Inside.... When it was my turn I went and captured and was given a number. I was instructed to return the file to servicom, which I did but this time I didn't see Officer Agba to thank him, so the officer I met asked me to drop the file and come back in two weeks time....

I saw officer Adamu countless times, he's quite popular and works tirelessly sha.

Thank you very much Nairaland, your advice and tips was really helpful

Oggg:

U never reach house since then? Lol
as I reach sleep carry me grin
Thank you very much Chief... You really help me.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by redy: 7:08pm On Dec 30, 2020
I got this kind of message today, after submitting all my documents, please how can this problem be resolved? It's urgent and I submitted the nin slip so I am confused. Thanks.
Goddys:
After making payment, I received SMS below:

Dear *******,
Your application for a new passport failed National Identity Number (NIN) verification.
Please contact the NIS Ikoyi Office.
NIS.

The NIN I provided was correct. Please did any of you experienced this issue after payment?

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by frank417: 7:49pm On Dec 30, 2020
Karisonvic:
Hello Nairalanders

I have been following this thread for a while now. I don’t know if anyone has done DIY process in Abuja. I will appreciate if I get know the procedures and experience in the process of obtaining international passport. Thank you.
Have you done?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Oggg: 8:34pm On Dec 30, 2020
Dave0116:
I just finished capturing... When I get home I'll update the thread

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by davodyguy: 11:07pm On Dec 30, 2020
Oggg:

Still in traffic grin
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by delgook14(m): 7:27am On Jan 01, 2021
I've been to the Ibadan office to see the PCO twice, all claims of no booklets available, too many backlogs.

Imagine, Nigeria actually does import booklets from Malaysia, who swear for this country sef?

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Oggg: 11:24am On Jan 01, 2021
delgook14:
I've been to the Ibadan office to see the PCO twice, all claims of no booklets available, too many backlogs.

Imagine, Nigeria actually does import booklets from Malaysia, who swear for this country sef?
Go on twitter and make sure NIS handle sees ur tweet. Passport booklet will come out
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by DabDab(f): 2:24pm On Jan 01, 2021
Oggg

Please the parent consent authorization for a minor is it a form of NIS or a letter that should be written by me?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Oggg: 7:22pm On Jan 01, 2021
DabDab:
Oggg
Please the parent consent authorization for a minor is it a form of NIS or a letter that should be written by me?
It is a letter.
Each parent must write a separate letter.
Handwritten. And signed.
So u are to produce 2 letters signed as mother and then father. I attached sample of what someone used. Modify to ur own situation.

3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) ... (828) (Reply)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.