Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,417 members, 7,836,669 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:20 AM

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport - Travel (490) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport (1460750 Views)

The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name / Chinese Man Speaking Pidgin On Plane To A Nigeria Woman During A Fight / 44 Countries You Can Travel To With A Nigeria International Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) ... (833) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by yorke1: 8:20am On Jun 12, 2022
AgentXxx:
Refresh the page and make sure you enter the right numbers..

I entered the right numbers and refreshed the page. Still same result.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by pufframmy: 9:06am On Jun 12, 2022
you try bro

that what DIY USE TO GO TRU
#

LeBail:
I didn't have the enthusiasm to write this, but I'd be an ingrate if I didn't, as reading how others did theirs went a long way during my capturing process. I scheduled for capturing on 6th June, 9am (they don't follow the time, only the date). Team DIY. The following events took place at Passport Office, Alausa, Lagos;

1. I got into the passport office premises around 9am. I was yet to sign my guarantor's form and I read on here you can do it for N500. I don't know where, but I was armed with the price. I asked around and got offers for 3k, 2k, and 1.5k. I went on to a photocopy shop (three houses from the passport office, beside LASRA) and got it for N1,000. I'm sure if I knew the office of the notary person, I'd have gotten it for less because it was collected from me and taken elsewhere by an attendant.

2. I waited till 10am as the lawyer wasn't around when I got there. When I left, I headed into the passport office (nose mask isn't a must, don't be cajoled to buy one in case you didn't come with one, I'd advise you to go with one though) around 10.20am and submitted my "Application Slip" as requested by the front desk SERVICOM attendant on the right side of the hall entrance. Go straight to them, don't mind the queue outside, go straight inside on your right, you'd see them there.

3. The document was collected and I was told to go wait outside. After about an hour, I went in to ask them what's up, and I was told my name had been called (this is absurd, no names were called as I was waiting outside). My slip was returned and I was told to look at the info behind them to arrange my documents. I was told to put it in a file, that I can get it outside. I went outside and got a pink file for N500 and a tag (you only need one, the guy that sold it to me said I needed two, it costs N50 each).

4. After my docs had been arranged, I was directed to go to the ACI's office where they will be checked by a senior officer. Na here I kon jam agbako! S/he requested the original of my birth certificate which I don't have, I had been using a photocopy from the past as an original. This is my bad, s/he didn't accept it and said s/he can't do anything about it, say s/he no fit sign am except s/he sees the original or an affidavit to back the photocopy.

5. I went back to the woman I used to sign my guarantor's form and I was billed N2,000 for Age Declaration affidavit which was ready in less than 30mins and I dashed back to the officer in the ACI's office. S/he said I was too fast! Because s/he said what I needed doesn't mean I should get it done immediately (wonderful!). S/he told me to go wait outside and threatened to seize my documents if I persisted. I jejely went outside and sat for over an hour.

6. I went back in to check on the officer, explained that I didn't mean to be rude, and s/he told me to go think, say if I don think finish, make I show back. I didn't leave because I knew what s/he meant. To skip details, I added 2k cash to my file and handed it over. S/he codedly slipped the 2k into the drawer, went on to sign my docs and I was sent back to the SERVICOM guys in front where I was told to go sit for capturing. By this time, it was 4.29pm already.

7. I captured and left the premises around 5.37pm, collection date on slip 08/07. Let's keep our fingers crossed. When I tracked at night, my passport production was in progress.

PS: to avoid hiccups for DIY, please go with your original documents or swear affidavits beforehand to support the ones (photocopy) you have.

*Dates have been changed to make me anonymous.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by chuddyforlife(m): 10:30am On Jun 12, 2022
GOOD MORNING GREAT GUYS

PLEASE NAIRALANDERS.......I NEED A GUARANTOR

PLEASE MY PASSPORT IS ALREADY AT STAGE OF PRODUCTION BUT I DON'T HAVE A GUARANTOR

PLEASE SOMEONE SHOULD HELP ME AND GUARANT ME

THANKS!!!
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by giselle237: 10:46am On Jun 12, 2022
Honeysweetest:
thank you, I will do it, to avoid problem in the future, though it cost more than 15k to get it done. But better now.
official price os 15k
Pay directly to NIMC via remita
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Silvaplum: 11:21am On Jun 12, 2022
Thank you

bfn1:

For passport renewal, you'll be needing some/all of the following:

1.) NIN Slip (photocopy);
2.) Expired Passport (Original for 'sighting');
3.) Data Page of Expired Passport (photocopy);
4.) Passport Photograph (2 or more copies, in case of necessity);
5.) Payment Receipt (as printed after making your payment online);
6.) Letter to the PCO (Oftentimes, a sample is pasted on the wall for you to copy. Just go along with a pen and a blank sheet of A4 paper);
7.) Data Form (as printed after submitting your application online);
8.) Cardboard File (Colour differs across centres & passport types, so be prepared to buy the designated one at your centre of choice).
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Silvaplum: 11:25am On Jun 12, 2022
Where did you capture?

Ayoola003:
Everything in Nigeria will stress you. If you know you need your passport urgently, don't go thru the DIY route else, you might be frustrated.
Finally got my passport 2months after Capturing.
Had to sort someone to Fast-track before I could collect it.
Took just 5days after payment. Again, give yourself between 3/6 months if you want to go thru DIY route.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Silvaplum: 12:04pm On Jun 12, 2022
Pls how do i validate nin for my kids?

pufframmy:
yes u need to

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Greatness4me: 3:09pm On Jun 12, 2022
aieromon:

Record not found/NA
Vetted/Coded
AA - Approved for production
E - Booklet produced, awaiting lamination
Ready for collection

Your passport production is almost complete (E).
Thank you for a quick response, I appreciate. Can I check also if passport is ready for collection? I got no text for passport collection
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by chuddyforlife(m): 5:00pm On Jun 12, 2022
chuddyforlife:
GOOD MORNING GREAT GUYS

PLEASE NAIRALANDERS.......I NEED A GUARANTOR

PLEASE MY PASSPORT IS ALREADY AT STAGE OF PRODUCTION BUT I DON'T HAVE A GUARANTOR

PLEASE SOMEONE SHOULD HELP ME AND GUARANT ME

THANKS!!!

someone should help me out
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by suzzyrims: 5:09pm On Jun 12, 2022
Who else has his or her capturing date as tomorrow. Will ikeja passport office open tomorrow or not?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Chomsky1967(f): 5:30pm On Jun 12, 2022
yorke1:
Hello house
Please I captured since 7th of June and I've been trying to track the status, it showing "application not found, please try again"

What does this mean
TeamDIY
Same here, 2nd June. DIY
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Hedgefunds: 6:20pm On Jun 12, 2022
chuddyforlife:

someone should help me out

Have you captured ? If yes , then dont worry except you were called.

If No , Go to Passport office , there are tout around there with less than 3k they will get it sorted out for you.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by bfn1: 6:24pm On Jun 12, 2022
Silvaplum:
Thank you
You're welcome.
All the best with your application.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Olatundebanjo: 6:33pm On Jun 12, 2022
suzzyrims:

Can anyone confirm this
No, but you will be allowed to capture on Tuesday

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by mikeayus(m): 6:38pm On Jun 12, 2022
Hello everyone,
In the spirit of democracy, please I need an idea of how collection of passport works, can I go to pickup on a weekend? I captured in Ikoyi passport office.

Advise from those who have collected on a weekend will be highly appreciated.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by pufframmy: 9:30pm On Jun 12, 2022
BY SENDING A MAIL to nin customercare
Silvaplum:
Pls how do i validate nin for my kids?

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by aieromon(m): 11:57pm On Jun 12, 2022
Greatness4me:

Thank you for a quick response, I appreciate. Can I check also if passport is ready for collection? I got no text for passport collection

https://track.immigration.gov.ng/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by asidik(m): 3:33am On Jun 13, 2022
I have done capturing since February and my passport is still pending,pls can anyone tell me how to track it myself or report this?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by phaney3(m): 7:30am On Jun 13, 2022
asidik:
I have done capturing since February and my passport is still pending,pls can anyone tell me how to track it myself or report this?

https://track.immigration.gov.ng
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by yorke1: 10:06am On Jun 13, 2022
phaney3:

https://track.immigration.gov.ng

No record found since 7th of June when I captured. What does that mean and what step should I take.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by TBrownAuto(m): 10:33am On Jun 13, 2022
giselle237:
official price os 15k

Please name a center where this modification can be made in Lagos
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by bfn1: 11:17am On Jun 13, 2022
TBrownAuto:
Try NIMC Centre at Alausa, Ikeja.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Canalmind: 11:19am On Jun 13, 2022
drop your whatsapp contact, i will link you up with NIMC office that will rectify any issue you have with NIN.

TBrownAuto:

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by giselle237: 12:58pm On Jun 13, 2022
Canalmind:
drop your whatsapp contact, i will link you up with NIMC office that will rectify any issue you have with NIN.

NIN people have come too… hahaha Nigeria grin

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by aieromon(m): 1:12pm On Jun 13, 2022
yorke1:

No record found since 7th of June when I captured. What does that mean and what step should I take.

Check again in two weeks' time.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by slimmiee(f): 6:16pm On Jun 13, 2022
missidy:
I read this thread before applying for my passport and saw all the wahala of applying online/DIY. I got an officers number at ikoyi from a friend and paid. Uncle did everything for me, I sent him my details via WhatsApp. I even got vip treatment as I didn't spend up to 15mins there when I went for capturing. Got my passport in 4 days. Went back on the 4th day and got my passport directly from him. Meanwhile they were using megaphone to be calling others on that long queue.
Pay an officer that has been recommended to you and get your passport easily. No go stress yourself.
Hello I want to renew my passport please can you help send the officer's number that helped with your passport to peculia fash at gmail. Everything written together. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Honeysweetest(f): 2:54am On Jun 14, 2022
giselle237:
official price os 15k
thanks so much
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Honeysweetest(f): 2:55am On Jun 14, 2022
thatebonyiboy:

I didn't validate anything. They did it at the office themselves
thanks ��
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Ashirioluwa: 9:01am On Jun 14, 2022
Do any of you guys know the process of name rearrangement on Nigerian passport?

First name appears as middle name. Middle name appears as first name.

Name on passport: Tolu Monday Rotimi (not real name)

But want it to appear correctly this way : Monday Tolu Rotimi.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by giselle237: 10:12am On Jun 14, 2022
Ashirioluwa:
Do any of you guys know the process of name rearrangement on Nigerian passport?First name appears as middle name. Middle name appears as first name.Name on passport: Tolu Monday Rotimi (not real name)But want it to appear correctly this way : Monday Tolu Rotimi.
is this before capture or on already existing passport? Choose change of data request and fill accordingly

https://passport.immigration.gov.ng/main

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Ashirioluwa: 10:36am On Jun 14, 2022
giselle237:
is this before capture or on already existing passport? Choose change of data request and fill accordingly

Existing passport
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Ashirioluwa: 10:42am On Jun 14, 2022
giselle237:

A bit confused about the newspaper publication because this is name rearrangement not change of name.

(1) (2) (3) ... (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) ... (833) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.