Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,090 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport - Travel (553) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport (1441504 Views)

The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name / Chinese Man Speaking Pidgin On Plane To A Nigeria Woman During A Fight / 44 Countries You Can Travel To With A Nigeria International Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (550) (551) (552) (553) (554) (555) (556) ... (829) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by HotKween: 2:03pm On Sep 26, 2022
Lawlar1:

Go to any NIS office close to you for renewal/change of name due to marriage. I did mine at Alausa in May. Go with copies of your marriage certificate, NIN with husband's name, old/expired international passport, husband's international passport, 2passport photographs and newspaper publication of change of name.
This is helpful. Thanks.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Lawlar1: 2:50pm On Sep 26, 2022
Amope28:
Goodmorning,did you write an application letter for change of name due to marriage or only renewal letter.Thank you.

Your application letter's title should be for change of name, but you should make reference to the expired one in the body of the letter.
Something like "I, Newname (as listed on
NIN slip) formerly known as Formername (as listed on expired passport) with passport details (include your expired passport information: name on passport, passport number, issued date, expired date) am writing to apply for change name due to marriage . . .
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Amope28: 3:22pm On Sep 26, 2022
Thank you.uote author=Lawlar1 post=117028801]

Your application letter's title should be for change of name, but you should make reference to the expired one in the body of the letter.
Something like "I, Newname (as listed on
NIN slip) formerly known as Formername (as listed on expired passport) with passport details (include your expired passport information: name on passport, passport number, issued date, expired date) am writing to apply for change name due to marriage . . .[/quote]
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nettybrown(m): 7:34pm On Sep 26, 2022
adubam:

And you think is easy as that?

Very easy, since she hasn't used her NIN before.

She'll just apply as if she hasn't ever applied.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by okooloyun1(m): 9:37pm On Sep 26, 2022
protonz:
Pls, my Sagamu people.
My capturing is on the 11th. Is there any need for me to open a file prior to the D day, or can everything be done the same day.
Open your file two days to your capturing date.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by okooloyun1(m): 9:42pm On Sep 26, 2022
sihamey:

You did (DIY ) do it yourself or agent assisted you
If followed the appointment date as to online registration your portal must have pass this stage to Ready for enrolment before your capturing date.
I just checked again, it has reached production stage grin grin
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by protonz(m): 11:50pm On Sep 26, 2022
okooloyun1:
Open your file two days to your capturing date.
Eweii! How do i do this.
Am coming all the way from lagos, and i plan on reaching a day b4.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by okooloyun1(m): 11:57pm On Sep 26, 2022
protonz:

Eweii! How do i do this.
Am coming all the way from lagos, and i plan on reaching a day b4.
A day before is okay

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by protonz(m): 12:13am On Sep 27, 2022
okooloyun1:
A day before is okay
Abeg o. Make person no go get bp. What would i be doing 3 days in oshogbo.

By the way, can anyone recommend an affordable hotel close to the NIS office
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by kelmicheal: 7:10am On Sep 27, 2022
Who get the Templates for passport application letter
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by LeBail: 3:34pm On Sep 27, 2022
LeBail:
I didn't have the enthusiasm to write this, but I'd be an ingrate if I didn't, as reading how others did theirs went a long way during my capturing process. I scheduled for capturing on 6th June, 9am (they don't follow the time, only the date). Team DIY. The following events took place at Passport Office, Alausa, Lagos;

1. I got into the passport office premises around 9am. I was yet to sign my guarantor's form and I read on here you can do it for N500. I don't know where, but I was armed with the price. I asked around and got offers for 3k, 2k, and 1.5k. I went on to a photocopy shop (three houses from the passport office, beside LASRA) and got it for N1,000. I'm sure if I knew the office of the notary person, I'd have gotten it for less because it was collected from me and taken elsewhere by an attendant.

2. I waited till 10am as the lawyer wasn't around when I got there. When I left, I headed into the passport office (nose mask isn't a must, don't be cajoled to buy one in case you didn't come with one, I'd advise you to go with one though) around 10.20am and submitted my "Application Slip" as requested by the front desk SERVICOM attendant on the right side of the hall entrance. Go straight to them, don't mind the queue outside, go straight inside on your right, you'd see them there.

3. The document was collected and I was told to go wait outside. After about an hour, I went in to ask them what's up, and I was told my name had been called (this is absurd, no names were called as I was waiting outside). My slip was returned and I was told to look at the info behind them to arrange my documents. I was told to put it in a file, that I can get it outside. I went outside and got a pink file for N500 and a tag (you only need one, the guy that sold it to me said I needed two, it costs N50 each).

4. After my docs had been arranged, I was directed to go to the ACI's office where they will be checked by a senior officer. Na here I kon jam agbako! S/he requested the original of my birth certificate which I don't have, I had been using a photocopy from the past as an original. This is my bad, s/he didn't accept it and said s/he can't do anything about it, say s/he no fit sign am except s/he sees the original or an affidavit to back the photocopy.

5. I went back to the woman I used to sign my guarantor's form and I was billed N2,000 for Age Declaration affidavit which was ready in less than 30mins and I dashed back to the officer in the ACI's office. S/he said I was too fast! Because s/he said what I needed doesn't mean I should get it done immediately (wonderful!). S/he told me to go wait outside and threatened to seize my documents if I persisted. I jejely went outside and sat for over an hour.

6. I went back in to check on the officer, explained that I didn't mean to be rude, and s/he told me to go think, say if I don think finish, make I show back. I didn't leave because I knew what s/he meant. To skip details, I added 2k cash to my file and handed it over. S/he codedly slipped the 2k into the drawer, went on to sign my docs and I was sent back to the SERVICOM guys in front where I was told to go sit for capturing. By this time, it was 4.29pm already.

7. I captured and left the premises around 5.37pm, collection date on slip 08/07. Let's keep our fingers crossed. When I tracked at night, my passport production was in progress.

PS: to avoid hiccups for DIY, please go with your original documents or swear affidavits beforehand to support the ones (photocopy) you have.

*Dates have been changed to make me anonymous.
Team DIY
Collection Attempts
First Attempt

25/07/22
Got in around - 14.05
Left - 17.35

Total - 3hrs 30mins

Status - couldn't collect.
Code written on collection slip - AA

Second Attempt
27/09/22
Got in around - 11.20
Left - 13.25

Total - 2hrs 5mins

Status - passport issued & collected

Issued date - 09/09

From capture date to issued date - 3 months plus.

Hint: if you did your biometric capturing at Alausa in June, go check your passport, there's a high possibility it's ready. You may likely not get SMS notification. I didn't get any & tracking is still under "production pending".

7 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by KangaIye: 4:23pm On Sep 27, 2022
protonz:

Abeg o. Make person no go get bp. What would i be doing 3 days in oshogbo.

By the way, can anyone recommend an affordable hotel close to the NIS office

If you can leave Lagos very early, you will get to Osogbo latest 10am, and everything can be done that day if you don't have issues with your NIN. But if you couldn't leave on time just get to the passport office a day before and sorts all out.

I submitted my documents and captured on same day in Osogbo.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by kolubo(m): 4:49pm On Sep 27, 2022
Bibitayo2:
Can you send the link of the correct site you used? Thank you.
https:// track. immigration .gov. ng/

Remove the space
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by ola30(m): 5:13pm On Sep 27, 2022
@vocals and gurus in the house,

I want to ask if my expired passport number will be same with new reissued passport number.

Thanks.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Vocals: 5:33pm On Sep 27, 2022
ola30:

I want to ask if my expired passport number will be same with new reissued passport number.

Thanks.

Yes it remains the same. Only you bare the number
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by microlincoln: 6:19pm On Sep 27, 2022
Sikay19:

This is nice. I applied online and I made my payment today. I also got my appointment date which is dated to be October 3rd(not that long to me). My processing center is Oshogbo, Osun State. I will come back here to narrate my experience when I am done.

#TEAM_DIY.

Please I await your experience as I am considering choosing between Lagos, Ibadan, Oshogbo, Akure or Ekiti for my renewal. (I can easily go to these places I mentioned)

Please whoever has an DIY Experience in any of those place places should also help
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Bibitayo2: 6:37pm On Sep 27, 2022
Thank you
kolubo:
https:// track. immigration .gov. ng/

Remove the space
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by ola30(m): 6:53pm On Sep 27, 2022
Vocals:

Thanks for swift response.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by sihamey: 7:02pm On Sep 27, 2022
ola30:

Thanks.
No , reissue came with new passport number

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by sihamey: 7:03pm On Sep 27, 2022
Vocals:

Not true . Have you renewed passport before Don’t say what you are not sure of

4 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by aieromon(m): 7:23pm On Sep 27, 2022
ola30:

Thanks.

No. Your booklet will bear a new passport number.

The expired number will be included in the data page under the heading Previous Passport Number

5 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Vocals: 7:56pm On Sep 27, 2022
aieromon:

No. Your booklet will bear a new passport number.

The expired number will be included in the data page under the heading Previous Passport Number
sihamey:

Not true . Have you renewed passport before Don’t say what you are not sure of

The quote above cc: aieromon explains my point. Once a number is given to you it becomes valid for only you on record purposes, was not free to give a lengthy explanation.

Apologies if misunderstood

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by sihamey: 8:05pm On Sep 27, 2022
Vocals:

The quote above cc: aieromon explains my point. Once a number is given to you it becomes valid for only you on record purposes, was not free to give a lengthy explanation.
Apologies if misunderstood

Vocals:

Nope what you said is completely different and well understood. There is no point trying to defend yourself, accept the fact that you are not aware now you have learnt.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Vocals: 8:07pm On Sep 27, 2022
sihamey:

Nope what you said is completely different and well understood. There is no point trying to defend yourself, accept the fact that you are not aware now you have learnt.

Okay sir noted

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by megaxart(m): 12:32am On Sep 28, 2022
Hello everyone. So I've been tracking my passport since I captured on July 28 (at Alausa) and it's been stuck at the final stage since the very first day but today I checked and it's showing no progress at all. What could be wrong? Do I need to go the passport office or could this be a sign that the passport is ready?

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by donbabchizy(m): 1:13am On Sep 28, 2022
Not usually the same! The old number would be written above a new number ..
quote author=ola30 post=117058934]@vocals and gurus in the house,

Thanks.[/quote]
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Isjaymoh(m): 7:43am On Sep 28, 2022
I captured at Alausa passport yesterday as DIY. It went so well until when we got to the final stage for capturing, they said no service to verify NIN. We waited for 2hours 30mins before they start calling us back that service has come up. So, attended to us and left there around 4:30pm

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by kennylee: 8:09am On Sep 28, 2022
megaxart:
Hello everyone. So I've been tracking my passport since I captured on July 28 (at Alausa) and it's been stuck at the final stage since the very first day but today I checked and it's showing no progress at all. What could be wrong? Do I need to go the passport office or could this be a sign that the passport is ready?
Kindly go and check
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Theelders: 8:19am On Sep 28, 2022
megaxart:

Same here. Noticed this morning, might be a glitch tho
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nkepedia: 8:52am On Sep 28, 2022
Please house, I have a problem. I did DIY since at Benin office since May 12. My passport is yet to be out. I went there last week, they said they are still printing March. I'm really tired of waiting.

Please any suggestions on what I can do to get it out?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Sikay19(m): 8:57am On Sep 28, 2022
What can I do if NIMC refuses to validate my name correction for the past five months. My capturing appointment is few days away. I have tried reaching them through their emails but not going through (the mails queued up). The NIMC official who did ithe correction for me for me wants me to pay 3k for the validation which I do not want to pay because it defeats the essence of my long time waiting (five months). How do I reach them at the top ?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by anyanwustanley11(m): 9:17am On Sep 28, 2022
Sikay19:

Update! I went to the center today, I narrated my problem to the front desk officers and I was told to come the next day(October 4th). I used the opportunity to submit my application too. I will be going for capturing upper Tuesday.

Omo, the crowd at the center no be here o.

Which center

(1) (2) (3) ... (550) (551) (552) (553) (554) (555) (556) ... (829) (Reply)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.