Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,254 members, 7,811,706 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:43 PM

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport - Travel (85) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport (1433305 Views)

The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name / Chinese Man Speaking Pidgin On Plane To A Nigeria Woman During A Fight / 44 Countries You Can Travel To With A Nigeria International Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (828) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Tony142: 2:25am On Jul 26, 2019
selfmadeOLX:
I was able to pick up the new international passport today at Ikoyi.

Total time duration was a week form capturing till the day of collection.

Cost breakdown
Paid 25.5k online myself for the passport
Paid 1.5k for file, guarantor and printing all documents with photocopies
Paid 5h for court stamp
Paid 8k at the immigration office before capturing (egunje) cheesy
Paid 2k for fast collection today (Didn't even spend up to 3mins standing when my contact brought out my passport as there was a lot of people yet to be attended to)

Total 37.5k plus additional transportation fares all round up to 40k

As much as I tried to cut off the middle men, honestly I don't think anyone can do this stuff without spending much more over the official amount. Middle man has become the default way in this messed up country.

I hope this little piece of information helps any prospective Passport applicant.

Pls what are the documents that are required in order for one to be able to do an international passport?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by elijah101(m): 3:08am On Jul 26, 2019
No offence .. just trying to let people know you can do your passport without giving anybody egunje ......

The file is free .. i can confirm this to you because i took my bro there to renew his passport .. as for guarantor you only need anybody with a current passport to fill the form for you ( las las .. you must get one relative wey get passport wey never expire )..and stamp , sign and seal it with N250

The 8k you paid was uncalled for .. money full your hand ... , the 2k still .. money full your hand ..... the official processing time is 1week .. or at most 10working days .. did it on 2 occasions .. recently .. one at ikoyi and the other at alausa with no hassle ..
Sevice Comm is Bae all the way ... Nigeria is finally getting better ...

only funds spent was the one paid online ... and printing of the docs .. not up to 500 sef ..
selfmadeOLX:
I was able to pick up the new international passport today at Ikoyi.

Total time duration was a week form capturing till the day of collection.

Cost breakdown
Paid 25.5k online myself for the passport
Paid 1.5k for file, guarantor and printing all documents with photocopies
Paid 5h for court stamp
Paid 8k at the immigration office before capturing (egunje) cheesy
Paid 2k for fast collection today (Didn't even spend up to 3mins standing when my contact brought out my passport as there was a lot of people yet to be attended to)

Total 37.5k plus additional transportation fares all round up to 40k

As much as I tried to cut off the middle men, honestly I don't think anyone can do this stuff without spending much more over the official amount. Middle man has become the default way in this messed up country.

I hope this little piece of information helps any prospective Passport applicant.

4 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by elijah101(m): 3:08am On Jul 26, 2019
https://immigration.gov.ng/standard-passport/

Tony142:

Pls what are the documents that are required in order for one to be able to do an international passport?

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Yusfunoble(m): 12:31pm On Jul 26, 2019
elijah101:
No offence .. just trying to let people know you can do your passport without giving anybody egunje ......

The file is free .. i can confirm this to you because i took my bro there to renew his passport .. as for guarantor you only need anybody with a current passport to fill the form for you ( las las .. you must get one relative wey get passport wey never expire )..and stamp , sign and seal it with N250

The 8k you paid was uncalled for .. money full your hand ... , the 2k still .. money full your hand ..... the official processing time is 1week .. or at most 10working days .. did it on 2 occasions .. recently .. one at ikoyi and the other at alausa with no hassle ..
Sevice Comm is Bae all the way ... Nigeria is finally getting better ...

only funds spent was the one paid online ... and printing of the docs .. not up to 500 sef ..

Bros well done, please I need passport as a form of identity for something. I was told only the Ikoyi that’s issuing now.

The problem is that I’m currently in Oshogbo but will be going to lag early Aug. Also u heard the national ID is a requirement for the passport of which I don’t have one currently.

My question is, is it possible I register for the ID around the Ikoyi and also doing passport registration, and get everything with two weeks.

Please enlighten me about it and how to go about it. Thanks.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by elijah101(m): 7:36pm On Jul 26, 2019
them dey run the NIN for Ikoyi .... but i would advise if you can do it in oshogbo where you are .. i meant the NIN .. then you go online ( https://immigration.gov.ng) Apply online and make your payment online .. then choose ikoyi as your processing centre .. after which you proceed to ikoyi centre ... since its a fresh passport you are applying for ... you would need your original birth cert , State of origin certificate ... guarantor form.. filled , signed and sealed and your other printed docs...... go straight to service comm ... your passport will be out in 2weeks or before even .. thats for sure .. fact ...please and please dont go through any tout .. if you decide to .. you are on your own .. and you have joined the sane group of people in Nigeria Niyen ooo .. NB..you can do the NIN at the Ikoyi there .. but you will meet people there ... so be patient ooo ...
Yusfunoble:

Bros well done, please I need passport as a form of identity for something. I was told only the Ikoyi that’s issuing now.

The problem is that I’m currently in Oshogbo but will be going to lag early Aug. Also u heard the national ID is a requirement for the passport of which I don’t have one currently.

My question is, is it possible I register for the ID around the Ikoyi and also doing passport registration, and get everything with two weeks.

Please enlighten me about it and how to go about it. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Yusfunoble(m): 7:41pm On Jul 26, 2019
elijah101:
them dey run the NIN for Ikoyi .... but i would advise if you can do it in oshogbo where you are .. i meant the NIN .. then you go online ( https://immigration.gov.ng) Apply online and make your payment online .. then choose ikoyi as your processing centre .. after which you proceed to ikoyi centre ... since its a fresh passport you are applying for ... you would need your original birth cert , State of origin certificate ... guarantor form.. filled , signed and sealed and your other printed docs...... go straight to service comm ... your passport will be out in 2weeks or before even .. thats for sure .. fact ...please and please dont go through any tout .. if you decide to .. you are on your own .. and you have joined the sane group of people in Nigeria Niyen ooo .. NB..you can do the NIN at the Ikoyi there .. but you will meet people there ... so be patient ooo ...

Alright, thank you!
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Phayie(m): 7:48pm On Jul 26, 2019
lipsrsealed
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Phayie(m): 8:09pm On Jul 26, 2019
elijah101:
this is intended for those that want to listen ...
the shady immigration guys have decided to frustrate Nigerians into thinking that its hard to get the Nigerian Passport .... of which .. its is very easy .. its the most easiest thing to thing .. the issue with us is that we want fast thing ... It will not take you more than 1week ... there is nothing like pay today get today .. like it is used to be back in the day .. and there is nothing any officer anywhere can do for you .. if you pay anybody you are on your own ... since its there own way of making money .. they have to do everything possible to make us think its hard ... typical example .. you want to do an affidavit ... go to a cafe ... get them to do the typing for you .. go to any high court close to you ... its just 250Naira to get it signed and sealed .. and it will not take you more than 20mins to get it done .. but No .. a sane Nigerian will get to the high court gate and still be looking for fast job .. why cant you go in and ask them at the desk how it is done and get it done .. why must it be somebody outside .. Nigeria is moving away from man no man gradually .. i am actually starting to believe in this whole change of a thing ... Look at the Driver's license now ... there is nothing like pay and get it today .. you have to go through the normal process .. but some sane people will still go to road safety and be looking for same day something .... why can't we just follow the normal process ..... queue up .. una go wan jump queue dey form man no man ....

Thank you for this.
Please I want to do passport for my kid
Should I choose standard or enhance e-passport

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by elijah101(m): 8:51pm On Jul 26, 2019
To be Honest i dont know about Minors for the New Passport since they are making the NIN mandatory ... In that case the Normal standard one would suffice for me ooo .. and based on Cost too .. standard is cheaper ..
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by greatdave(m): 9:11pm On Jul 26, 2019
elijah101:
this is intended for those that want to listen ...
the shady immigration guys have decided to frustrate Nigerians into thinking that its hard to get the Nigerian Passport .... of which .. its is very easy .. its the most easiest thing to thing .. the issue with us is that we want fast thing ... It will not take you more than 1week ... there is nothing like pay today get today .. like it is used to be back in the day .. and there is nothing any officer anywhere can do for you .. if you pay anybody you are on your own ... since its there own way of making money .. they have to do everything possible to make us think its hard ... typical example .. you want to do an affidavit ... go to a cafe ... get them to do the typing for you .. go to any high court close to you ... its just 250Naira to get it signed and sealed .. and it will not take you more than 20mins to get it done .. but No .. a sane Nigerian will get to the high court gate and still be looking for fast job .. why cant you go in and ask them at the desk how it is done and get it done .. why must it be somebody outside .. Nigeria is moving away from man no man gradually .. i am actually starting to believe in this whole change of a thing ... Look at the Driver's license now ... there is nothing like pay and get it today .. you have to go through the normal process .. but some sane people will still go to road safety and be looking for same day something .... why can't we just follow the normal process ..... queue up .. una go wan jump queue dey form man no man ....

Chop BIG KNUCKLE FROM HERE Abeg. � Nigerians are the major problem of Nigeria. The "shortcut syndrome" feels almost like a curse and it so irks me!
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Phayie(m): 7:25am On Jul 27, 2019
elijah101:
To be Honest i dont know about Minors for the New Passport since they are making the NIN mandatory ... In that case the Normal standard one would suffice for me ooo .. and based on Cost too .. standard is cheaper ..

What I don't know is that are they still issuing the old passport in ikoyi because I know if it's old passport, there won't be need for NIN but if it's the new one then NIN is required
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Oladeep: 9:47am On Jul 27, 2019
I'm frustrated right now. After returning from the states in April, I applied for my passport renewal through an immigration lady at Alausa, Ikeja. She asked me to pay 45k to get it in a week but since I wasn't in a haste and besides, my return ticket is still in August and I applied in 17th May, I gave her 30k hoping to get it in a month or thereabout. Right now, it's over two months that I applied and my passport is still not ready. I called the lady, she told me no booklet and I have 3weeks to return to the state. Which kain wahala be dis? Please what can I do? Please help
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by otokx(m): 12:13pm On Jul 27, 2019
Oladeep:
I'm frustrated right now. After returning from the states in April, I applied for my passport renewal through an immigration lady at Alausa, Ikeja. She asked me to pay 45k to get it in a week but since I wasn't in a haste and besides, my return ticket is still in August and I applied in 17th May, I gave her 30k hoping to get it in a month or thereabout. Right now, it's over two months that I applied and my passport is still not ready. I called the lady, she told me no booklet and I have 3weeks to return to the state. Which kain wahala be dis? Please what can I do? Please help

Do you have your enrolment number?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by bokohaman: 1:45pm On Jul 27, 2019
otokx:

yes please
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by elijah101(m): 1:50pm On Jul 27, 2019
Will be totally honest with you ....forget the money , x the immigration lady ... but please make sure you write a petition against her ... screenshots of conversations and any other thing you have to backup your claim ... your file is chilling in her office , and if you call her next week , booklet no go still Dey , I bet if she gives you any enrollment number , it will show NRF( no record ) ... 2 ways to sort this out which ever one you choose to follow depends on your pocket ... first ... you collect your application id and reference number ,reschedule another interview day ... go run a fresh interview your self ... starting from scratch ... yourself ... go there your self and do it your self ooo ... no corner corner .... or secondly ... forget it and apply for another renewal yourself online but this time choose ikoyi as your processing Centre ... and apply for the newly enhanced passport ... the passport is fine ... looks really nice ... the old one na wash ...
Oladeep:
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by elijah101(m): 2:46pm On Jul 27, 2019
I think so ... I still saw people collect the old passport when I went there with my brother for collection ...
Phayie:

What I don't know is that are they still issuing the old passport in ikoyi because I know if it's old passport, there won't be need for NIN but if it's the new one then NIN is required
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Oladeep: 2:52pm On Jul 27, 2019
elijah101:
Will be totally honest with you ....forget the money , x the immigration lady ... but please make sure you write a petition against her ... screenshots of conversations and any other thing you have to backup your claim ... your file is chilling in her office , and if you call her next week , booklet no go still Dey , I bet if she gives you any enrollment number , it will show NRF( no record ) ... 2 ways to sort this out which ever one you choose to follow depends on your pocket ... first ... you collect your application id and reference number ,reschedule another interview day ... go run a fresh interview your self ... starting from scratch ... yourself ... go there your self and do it your self ooo ... no corner corner .... or secondly ... forget it and apply for another renewal yourself online but this time choose ikoyi as your processing Centre ... and apply for the newly enhanced passport ... the passport is fine ... looks really nice ... the old one na wash ...
can I apply twice since they already have my record on their system for renewal?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Oladeep: 2:52pm On Jul 27, 2019
otokx:

yes I do
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by elijah101(m): 3:10pm On Jul 27, 2019
Go to service com your self at Alausa and check for the status of your passport renewal with your enrollment number ... if it shows NRF ... then that simply means your file was never processed ... it’s just sitting down in there office ... nobody is attending to it ... if that is the case then the 2 options are open to you
Oladeep:
can I apply twice since they already have my record on their system for renewal?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by davodyguy: 4:53pm On Jul 27, 2019
Oladeep:
Reconcile with her, cos you can't apply twice if your first application has be captured into the system.

The NIS system is very secured and would detect multiple registration.

Reconcile with her, give her what she wants and learn not to deal with her again
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Carmal90(m): 9:50am On Jul 28, 2019
elijah101:

I want to start the passport process now, I am not in hurry as I can wait, even for two months, what is the process sir?
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Moji12(f): 11:01am On Jul 28, 2019
helpee:
Send an e mail to this e mail address. Be respectful, mention the name and the phone number of the agent . Tell them you need urgently and the agent collected money from you. Also send them your enrollment number. You will get your passport in 24hrs.
nis.reformchampion@immigration.gov.ng.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Moji12(f): 11:04am On Jul 28, 2019
[quote author=Moji12 post=80704682][/quote] I did my capturing since 18th of March and I’m yet to collect, it has bn one story or the other. The latest i heard was they stopped at 13th of March due to insufficient materials, very funny. Would definitely go Twitter n email them.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Dkberen: 7:27pm On Jul 28, 2019
elijah101:

Pls can you help out... my passport is yet to expire in like 3 years but i want to renew it and change it to my hubby's name as i recently got married. However, i live far away from Lag. How fast do you guys think this is possible and how much does it cost to do such? Is there a place i can get more info on documents to go with before i proceed or does anybody have any idea of such?
Please i will be waiting for suggestions
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by adedapodvirus001(m): 7:48pm On Jul 28, 2019
Good evening everybody please i need your assistance and honest advice. I applied for an international passport at ibadan upper Friday. But I was told that the material is not available and I need this passport urgently. One of my friend did his own in ikoyi office on Monday and he collected on Friday. I want to ask if it's possible to transfer my file to Lagos from ibadan or to pay another money for another passport in the Ikoyi office. Please kindly assist me and if there is anybody that you can refer me to a top officer at the ibadan office that can fast track the collection please do.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Oladeep: 10:29pm On Jul 28, 2019
Moji12:
I did my capturing since 18th of March and I’m yet to collect, it has bn one story or the other. The latest i heard was they stopped at 13th of March due to insufficient materials, very funny. Would definitely go Twitter n email them.
which passport office are u talking about?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Oladeep: 10:32pm On Jul 28, 2019
Please house, I have just 3weeks to my departure and I'm stuck with this no material shit...is there any alternative? Can my file be transferred from Alausa to Ikoyi?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by otokx(m): 11:21pm On Jul 28, 2019
Oladeep:
Please house, I have just 3weeks to my departure and I'm stuck with this no material shit...is there any alternative? Can my file be transferred from Alausa to Ikoyi?

Use your enrollment number and complain via their twitter handle.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Oladeep: 12:00am On Jul 29, 2019
otokx:

Use your enrollment number and complain via their twitter handle.
What's their Twitter handle?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Tantolu: 3:33am On Jul 29, 2019
Dkberen:

Pls can you help out... my passport is yet to expire in like 3 years but i want to renew it and change it to my hubby's name as i recently got married. However, i live far away from Lag. How fast do you guys think this is possible and how much does it cost to do such? Is there a place i can get more info on documents to go with before i proceed or does anybody have any idea of such?
Please i will be waiting for suggestions

You can only get a change of name done,at ABUJA...nobody can issue you another passport with 3yrs validity on current one,

- excerpt its a case of loss, even at that, it would still come out in your Maiden Name.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by playcharles(m): 11:03am On Jul 29, 2019
elijah101:
Thank you... Help me tell them. Why the haste to pay such a big amount, when there is no plan travelling in 6months time

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (828) (Reply)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.