Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,124 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:46 AM

Quick Tips For New Graphic Designers - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Quick Tips For New Graphic Designers (976 Views)

New Graphic Design Tips & Tricks / Check Out New Graphic Artist. / Graphic Designers!!! How Do I Make A Single Pixel Border In Photoshop? ?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Quick Tips For New Graphic Designers by Nobody: 9:49pm On Oct 27, 2014
Basic Rules in Designing.

1. Combination of colours

When designing try as much as possible to use only three colours i.e. the design most revolve around the three colours. Remember simplicity is the key and 'less is more' .

2. Use of Fonts

Do not attempt to use more than three fonts at once in a design. Too much of fonts will make the design less attractive.

3. Exposure

As a designer the internet is your friend and a means to broaden your knowledge. The enable us to get familiar with the latest trends and instil in us new ideas for better creativity.

You can also buy design books, attend seminars etc, i mean you will want to do anything for someone you love, wouldn't you? So lets assume Graphic Design is your lover.

Try out new tutorials online. Trust me it really helps.

4. Use Keyboard Shortcuts.

This improves you design speed especially when you are working towards a dealine.

5. Converting our fonts to curves

This is need full when a work needs to be printed. Your printer my not have the fonts in your design and changing the fonts will definitely spoil your design. So always remember to convert to curves when you are done designing.

I do not profess to be a professional in this field thus am open to criticisms and suggestion.

http://aktorsconcept..com/2014/10/quick-tips-for-new-graphic-designers.html

(1) (Reply)

none / Info-graphic @ Mactay Group ,lekki / Freelance Graphics Designers Urgently Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.