Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,437 members, 7,819,603 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:54 PM

!!! Beware Of All These Fake Power Banks - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / !!! Beware Of All These Fake Power Banks (2840 Views)

Elephone Smartphones and Original XIAOMI Power Banks Giveaway!!!! / HOME OF TECHNOLOGIES : OCTACORE/QUADCORE PHONES, TABS, POWER BANKS...CLICK HERE / Solar Power Banks For Tablets And Phones! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

!!! Beware Of All These Fake Power Banks by kingmorgan(m): 3:02pm On Oct 28, 2014
I just want to alert all of you who have not fall into power bank trap, today is the third laptop power bank am buying and still it does not charge up to the hours the thieves call them, I also used the liberty to check all the batteries and saw that it was rubbish China batteries, I bought the three power banks in this nairaland, some say it is INEC used power bank it is a very big lie and stupid money ripper please don't buy. Just a little advice. Who have ears let him hear

2 Likes

Re: !!! Beware Of All These Fake Power Banks by agohmamuda(m): 3:10pm On Oct 28, 2014
And you didn't think towards helping us with d names??

1 Like

Re: !!! Beware Of All These Fake Power Banks by Randerl: 3:17pm On Oct 28, 2014
I support this move. provide the names of your sellers in order to prevent would be buyers falling into the same mistakes you made.

agohmamuda:
And you didn't think towards helping us with d names??
Re: !!! Beware Of All These Fake Power Banks by kingmorgan(m): 3:51pm On Oct 28, 2014
I already called the names of those who sell them indirectly I said those who sell INEC power banks and Solar charged Power Bank and they tell you 7-12 hours but trust me before 1hrs your power bank is gone and these guys charge from 8k - 16k for these rubbish
Re: !!! Beware Of All These Fake Power Banks by ceejay80: 3:54pm On Oct 28, 2014
The op may be right, a nairalander told me he had a power bankthat would power an lcd TV for 10hrs, I almost fell for it, I asked him,what's the AH capacity of the. Battery, he said 30AH, and I have a brand new 18AH battery,when fully charged,it can only power my lcd for 2hrs, and I calculated....if an 18AH battery canpower lcd for 2hrs 30ah will only power the my lct TV for about 3:45mind or thereabouts, that was how I knew he was lying, inec battery ko,voters battery ni
Re: !!! Beware Of All These Fake Power Banks by buyamnowcom: 5:13pm On Oct 28, 2014
http://buyamnow.com/inverters/inverter-bundle-1000-watts-150amps-battery.html

it will give you at least 7hours of power on energy saver bulbs our energy efficient fans and you lcd tv and decoder.

Re: !!! Beware Of All These Fake Power Banks by ib22003(m): 5:22pm On Oct 28, 2014
Portable inverter with battery fits in a laptop bag
flat screen and decoder 5hours,
1 laptop and wifi modem up to 15hours.
Laptop and thermal printer 10hours
3energy saver bulbs more than 20hours
For more info call DAPO 08103234587.
Not imported. I asemble it myself.
REDUCE YOUR GENERATOR USAGE TIME TODAY BUY A MINIMUM OF 5 HOURS PER DAY

i will offer you a test run to change your mind. and you would come back here and give a report. agreed where is your location and how many inches is your lcd

Re: !!! Beware Of All These Fake Power Banks by sartee(m): 6:30pm On Oct 28, 2014
so are you trying to say those solar power bank charger are crap. cos I have the intention of buying one by weekend .
Re: !!! Beware Of All These Fake Power Banks by initialize(m): 6:35pm On Oct 28, 2014
Buy Quality Powerbanks you wont regret.

Click on the link below:

https://www.nairaland.com/1829661/original-xiaomi-10400mah-pineng-10000

It is really worth the price, trust me. Money back guaranteed within first month

it's Init
Re: !!! Beware Of All These Fake Power Banks by kingmorgan(m): 8:46am On Oct 29, 2014
Let me start by saying that if you are going to buy any thing called Inverters or Power banks, do not hurry, take your time and let the seller open the batteries for you to see, and make sure it is complete, but trust china they can write 20,000mAH but you only have 100mAH inside, and another thing is that always go for USA or Europe made Pure Sine Wave for either Inverters or Power Banks, and make sure you check the inside to see the batteries yourself, duo USA or Europe made are expensive but it safe you cost my brother, when these things came out the few china companies available sold original pure Sine Wave, but now with so many stupid RIPPERS seller who just need your money and after 1 month - 3 month of use, you go back and get another one, or you start seeing faults, Power Bank are even worse, so please just a little TIP for getting a good Product, take your time.
Re: !!! Beware Of All These Fake Power Banks by sartee(m): 12:56pm On Oct 29, 2014
but, you didn't answer the question I asked . About how good are solar power bank when use to charging a phone? .Cos someone on Nl said that those solar charger spoil phones.
Re: !!! Beware Of All These Fake Power Banks by kingmorgan(m): 8:58pm On Oct 29, 2014
I do not know what these Solar Bank spoils, but one thing you need to understand is that the best way to charge your phone is to put the phone off while charging it, because of the ICs and Panel, when you supply current to the phone panel and the same time the panel is working it is not always good, it can damage the Panel. My major concern is getting an Original Power Bank or Inverters. Thanks
Re: !!! Beware Of All These Fake Power Banks by sartee(m): 6:55am On Oct 30, 2014
Okay... thanks for your contributions.
Re: !!! Beware Of All These Fake Power Banks by kingmorgan(m): 9:49pm On Nov 02, 2014
gh
Re: !!! Beware Of All These Fake Power Banks by uc97: 4:41pm On Nov 03, 2014
kingmorgan:
I just want to alert all of you who have not fall into power bank trap, today is the third laptop power bank am buying and still it does not charge up to the hours the thieves call them, I also used the liberty to check all the batteries and saw that it was rubbish China batteries, I bought the three power banks in this nairaland, some say it is INEC used power bank it is a very big lie and stupid money ripper please don't buy. Just a little advice. Who have ears let him hear

LIE!!!!.Not true at all as I currently use 5 of those INEC batteries.I have 3 big blue ones & 2 black ones.Each of them lasts for at least 16 HOURS- repeat 16 hours on my laptop + 2 usb fans.
I have even gotten a 1000W inverter which I connect to the battery to power my Sony SHAKE7 320W home theater & each battery can power it for atleast 5 HOURS.
They take about 5-6 hours to recharge from 0% charge.
You are not right at all,may be u got urs from a marketer who deals in fake products.
Please not that I'm not a marketer but just a consumer(buyer) like u.
Please change ur post to avoid misleading & confusing would-be consumers.
Thanks.
Re: !!! Beware Of All These Fake Power Banks by uc97: 4:41pm On Nov 03, 2014
kingmorgan:

LIE!!!!.Not true at all as I currently use 5 of those INEC batteries.I have 3 big blue ones & 2 black ones.Each of them lasts for at least 16 HOURS- repeat 16 hours on my laptop + 2 usb fans.
I have even gotten a 1000W inverter which I connect to the battery to power my Sony SHAKE7 320W home theater & each battery can power it for atleast 5 HOURS.
You are not right at all,may be u got urs from a marketer who deals in fake products.
Thanks.
kingmorgan:
gh
kingmorgan:

Thanks.
Re: !!! Beware Of All These Fake Power Banks by kingmorgan(m): 5:07pm On Nov 03, 2014
uc97 i think you are part of the scam, hope you got a good pay for this.
Re: !!! Beware Of All These Fake Power Banks by ib22003(m): 9:40pm On Nov 03, 2014
keep decieving yourselves i am the one who sold uc97 the batteries with inverters as advertised above. i am will to give a test run to serious Buyers only. If You were scammed does not mean every one na scam, Check the Pics Above
There are People here who have names to protect. thats the battery with inverter i assembled that myself.
kingmorgan:
uc97 i think you are part of the scam, hope you got a good pay for this.

Re: !!! Beware Of All These Fake Power Banks by kingmorgan(m): 10:04pm On Nov 03, 2014
Am i going to use that thing as gods to worship and pour seaman hot drink every morning, cus that look like an africa juju to me, please get real
Re: !!! Beware Of All These Fake Power Banks by ib22003(m): 7:39am On Nov 04, 2014
baba u just dey here they wine, u dey discourage people.
kingmorgan:
Am i going to use that thing as gods to worship and pour seaman hot drink every morning, cus that look like an africa juju to me, please get real
Re: !!! Beware Of All These Fake Power Banks by ib22003(m): 7:41am On Nov 04, 2014
if you are in lagos i will give you a test run free of charge, So u wud stop doubting
kingmorgan:
Re: !!! Beware Of All These Fake Power Banks by kingmorgan(m): 9:28am On Nov 08, 2014
Well am not spoiling anybody bussiness and i say because not just my experinces but for few of my peeps and relatives. I will like to give you a try please give me your packages.
Re: !!! Beware Of All These Fake Power Banks by ib22003(m): 2:50pm On Nov 08, 2014
Tell me what you want to power and i will recommend to you
Re: !!! Beware Of All These Fake Power Banks by buyamnowcom: 8:58pm On Nov 09, 2014
Home Inverters :How to Select the Right Inverter for your House

Selecting the right inverter for your home has become a tough task these days. There are so many terms we need to understand - 800VA/ 1000VA, Tubular Batteries/ Flat Batteries, Half Load/ Full Load and the list goes on. And on top of all these, availability of multiple power back up solutions and misleading information provided by sellers have further added to buyers woes. So I did some research and study before buying an inverter for my home and I'm sharing the details of same so that you don't have to go through the same problems while buying an inverter.
So What do You Need - UPS or Inverter?

This is one of the basic confusion people face, so let me start with answering this first. UPS and Inverter are words used interchangeably though there are not exactly same. UPS (Uninterrupted Power Supply) is just a system which allows INSTANT switchover to the power back-up source in case of a power failure. The power back-up source can be a battery or something else. Whereas an Inverter is a system which converts direct current to alternate current hence enables using a battery for backing up equipments running on AC power supply. Inverter uses a battery to provide power back-up. Computer UPS comes with in-built battery which works as back-up power source and can provide back-up for 15min. to 30 min. So if that much of back-up is sufficient for you, you should be fine with buying just a UPS for your need. But Inverter comes with more powerful battery and can provide support for electrical equipments, computers, home appliances etc. and also gives more hours of back-up. Most of the inverters come with in-built UPS which ensures that power failure doesn't cause fluctuation and your system switches instantly to Inverter's Power Back up battery.
What Capacity of Inverter is Good for Your Home?

Once you are sure that you are looking for an Inverter, it's important to calculate the capacity of Inverter that will suit your requirement. Following table will give you brief idea about the power consumed by various equipments.

Tubelight - 60W

Energy saver bulbs. 1W, 3W, 12W, 15W,26W, 65W, 85W AND 106W
this energy in watts is signified on the pack

Fan - are 100w and above
To enjoy your inveter you can use Energy efficient fans 50watts and Below.

Decoders 10W TO 20W

Television:
CRT 250W TO 500W,
PLASMA 120WATTS(32INCH AND BELOW) TO 500WATTS(52 INCHES)

Laptop - 50W to 100W

CFL - 25W

Modem - 50W

Now you are in a position to understand as what capacity inverter do you need and I'll let you do that in 3 simple steps -
1. Calculating your power need

Now I'll explain you how to use above table to calculate the right capacity Inverter for your need. Let's say you need Inverter to run 2 Tube lights, 3 Fans, 1TV and 1 Laptop. As per the table above, you'll need a total power of 550W(=2X60 + 3X70 + 1X120 + 1X100) to support all of your equipments at the same time.

♣ Your Total Power Need = 550W
2. Calculating required inverter's capacity

Now that you know how much power is required, it's easy to get the VA rating of inverter. In ideal condition, the VA rating would have been same as the power need i.e. 550VA. But in practical conditions, the power factor of Inverter is less than 1 hence power supplied by 550VA Inverter won't be 550W but lesser than that. Assuming power factor of Inverter to be 0.7, following are the details of calculation -

Required VA of Inverter X 0.7 = 550W

♣ Required VA of Inverter = 550/0.7 = 786 VA

Now luckily we have inverters available in the market with 800VA capacity, so such inverters will fit into my requirement.
3. Calculating battery capacity

Till now, you will have clear understanding of the Inverter capacity required for your need. But the next question is that how much back up will the inverter provide and for how many hours you can run all of your equipments. And that's where battery capacity comes into picture. It's the battery which determines the back-up hours. The higher capacity battery you have, the more back-up hours you'll get. So lets get into the calculation fast.

Required power(in Wattage) X Required back-up hours(in Hours) = Inverter Voltage(in Voltage) X Battery Capacity (in Ampere Hours)

Let's look for an Inverter which can give back-up of up to 3 hours, so for our case -

550W X 3Hours = 12V X Battery Capacity

♣ Battery Capacity = (550 X 3)/12 = 137 Ampere Hours

So we need a battery of 137AH capacity but if you check the market you'll find batteries of 130AH capacity. So that should be more or less sufficient for your need.
Conclusion

Finally, we have come to the conclusion that if we go for 800VA Inverter with 130AH battery, I can run 2 Tube lights, 3 Fans, 1 TV and 1 Laptop for up to 3 hours. And by the end of this article you don't need to rely on sellers for understanding your need as you can do the calculations yourself in just 3 simple steps. Hope this article helps you in some way in making the right decisions. Let me know if you need any other inputs.

http://buyamnow.com/inverters

1 Like

Re: !!! Beware Of All These Fake Power Banks by ib22003(m): 5:46am On Nov 15, 2014
its dapo call me. my phone was stolen and i dont have your number anylonger. i have made a break through on connecting mutiple batteries together.

uc97:

Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

New Stock Of Iphone 6 Available / Galaxy S6 Edge Available For Sale And Fairly Used Gionee M5. / Mint Hp Omen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.