Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,025 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:09 AM

Are Christians Allow To Date? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Christians Allow To Date? (976 Views)

If Heaven Is Real, Why Are Christians Still Here? / Why Are Christians Amongst The Most Miserable On Earth / Are Christians in Conflict or Does the Bible Contradict Itself? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Christians Allow To Date? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Oct 28, 2014
As a christian are we permitted to date with the hope of getting married later

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Christians Allow To Date? by Anyi3(m): 8:04pm On Oct 28, 2014
YES

Thread closed
Re: Are Christians Allow To Date? by Dramadiddy(m): 8:48pm On Oct 28, 2014
Anyi3:
YES

Thread closed
seconded!
Re: Are Christians Allow To Date? by thorpido(m): 9:15pm On Oct 28, 2014
The original definition of date means to go out with a partner.Nothing wrong with that because it's an opportunity to know each other.

Dating from the Nigerian context means freedom to kiss and sleep over in each other's house.This is what is not allowed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Christians Allow To Date? by jmoore(m): 9:27pm On Oct 28, 2014
Yes, but don't fornicate.
Re: Are Christians Allow To Date? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Oct 28, 2014
Dramadiddy:
seconded!
Lol, hmmmm
Re: Are Christians Allow To Date? by fankistan01: 9:56pm On Oct 28, 2014
for me i dnt see anytin wrng in xtians datin so fah itx for d good reason wch ix workin towards marriage nd datin can only be stired up if dis patners are attrcted to each oder,

itx only by dating dat dey can
get to kno each oder

2 Likes

Re: Are Christians Allow To Date? by enm(m): 11:06pm On Oct 28, 2014
deb6:
As a christian are we permitted to date with the hope of getting married later

Hmmm

Anyway i don like and share your post.
Re: Are Christians Allow To Date? by enm(m): 11:14pm On Oct 28, 2014
thorpido:
The original definition of date means to go out with a partner.Nothing wrong with that because it's an opportunity to know each other.

Dating from the Nigerian context means freedom to kiss and sleep over in each other's house.This is what is not allowed.

Wanted to comment but changed my mind after reading your post. Bro you nailed it where it should be nail.

@deb6, just as his comment imply you are free to date but no to sex until after marriage. Don't let them deceive you that there is nothing wrong in premarital sex, since both of you are couple intending to get married to each other; it's a big lie oh, a lot of things are wrong with it.
Re: Are Christians Allow To Date? by Dramadiddy(m): 6:20am On Oct 29, 2014
deb6:
Lol, hmmmm
yes nw

(1) (Reply)

What Can You Make Of This Scripture? / I Think I Have A Problem / What's The Wierdst Thing You'v Ever Heard A Pastor Said?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.