Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

Oyo State Govt Yet To Pay Civil Servants Their September Salaries - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyo State Govt Yet To Pay Civil Servants Their September Salaries (4128 Views)

Top Civil Servants May Be Fired For Sabotaging President Buhari’s Budget / FG To Pay Civil Servants Their October Salaries Today / No Work, No Pay: Civil Servants Threaten To Sit At Home For One Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oyo State Govt Yet To Pay Civil Servants Their September Salaries by MT: 8:26pm On Oct 28, 2014
It is very disheartening and sheer wickedness that many[b] public servants are yet to collect their September salary in Oyo State[/b]. Governor Ajimobi administration claims they are paying the civil servants in alphabetical order without any justification to that fact. This has never been heard of in the history of Oyo State. Today is 28th October, while some civil servants have collected September salaries, majority are yet to collect, with no hope of when October salary will be paid. I do not want to speculate but I strongly believe that September monthly allocation has been heavily used to fund his second term campaign.

I am not using this to malign his administration because I voted for him in the last election. However, his administration has failed to impress me and someone else will definitely have my vote come next election. I am not a politician and I am not here to canvass for any political parties but Governor Ajimobi must be strongly advised to pay the workers their dues as they are fast turning to beggars. Luckily enough for Gov Ajimobi, he still have enough time to impress and change the minds of the electorates but he should pay the civil servants their dues.
Re: Oyo State Govt Yet To Pay Civil Servants Their September Salaries by toba1909(m): 11:22pm On Oct 28, 2014
And I hope you're not so daft to read in the dailies where the APC governors planned to meet the president as regards the deductions in their monthly allocations since last year?

What do you say of states like Benue?
Re: Oyo State Govt Yet To Pay Civil Servants Their September Salaries by toludadon(m): 12:20am On Oct 29, 2014
You are obviously a ghost worker... all workers have been paid for close To a month now
Re: Oyo State Govt Yet To Pay Civil Servants Their September Salaries by PaulJohn1: 3:09am On Oct 29, 2014
toludadon:
You are obviously a ghost worker... all workers have been paid for close To a month now

Oyo state governor is certainly one of the few governors that doesn't delay civil servant's salaries and wages, unlike Aregbe, Mimiko and Ekiti's ex-governor Fayemi. Was it not recently he increased their salary which was even posted on this forum. Does it sound reasonable to anyone that he increased workers salary and delay the payment?
Re: Oyo State Govt Yet To Pay Civil Servants Their September Salaries by manjiggy(m): 5:42am On Oct 29, 2014
toludadon:

Not all have been paid September salary.
He's partially right

1 Like

Re: Oyo State Govt Yet To Pay Civil Servants Their September Salaries by condralbede(m): 5:51am On Oct 29, 2014
Who ever worked deceived to be payed his wages....so plz Governor Ajimobi do the needful,this same people voted you into office plz.
Re: Oyo State Govt Yet To Pay Civil Servants Their September Salaries by toba1909(m): 9:39am On Oct 29, 2014
manjiggy:

Not all have been paid September salary.
He's partially right

And the reason for that was explained.
Be sensible enough to ask why Benue owed 10months salaries, while Ajimobi isn't owing a month?

condralbede:
Who ever works deceived to be payed his wages....so plz Governor Ajimobi do the needful,this same people voted into office plz.

Shout out to GEJ to stop unnecessary deductions on their monthly allocations.
He has never owned them before till this moment.
Re: Oyo State Govt Yet To Pay Civil Servants Their September Salaries by manjiggy(m): 5:23pm On Oct 29, 2014
toba1909:

And the reason for that was explained.
Be sensible enough to ask why Benue owed 10months salaries, while Ajimobi isn't owing a month?

Shout out to GEJ to stop unnecessary deductions on their monthly allocations.
He has never owned them before till this moment.

Benue is owing it's workers 3 months salary. How does that concern civil servants in Oyo State? Why don't you compare with States that are not owing?

Nigerians sef.
Re: Oyo State Govt Yet To Pay Civil Servants Their September Salaries by meccuno: 6:49pm On Oct 29, 2014
APC is Seriously working to kill the common man......caught between the devil and the deep blue sea......wonder which is the lesser evil....Nigerian Politicians are useless...

1 Like

Re: Oyo State Govt Yet To Pay Civil Servants Their September Salaries by FastShipping: 6:51pm On Oct 29, 2014
meccuno:
APC is Seriously working to kill the common man......caught between the devil and the deep blue sea......wonder which is the lesser evil....Nigerian Politicians are useless...

Like PDP is planning to kill common man in Akwa Ibom that hasn't paid salaries since August.

1 Like

Re: Oyo State Govt Yet To Pay Civil Servants Their September Salaries by toba1909(m): 9:30am On Oct 30, 2014
meccuno:

Make your verification across Oyo State Civil Service, to know which government treated them well and cares for them more. The present government is the first in the history of the state paid them 13th month salary for 3 consecutive years now and also provided a Free Bus Shuttle for them.

Try to have facts before coming on platforms like this to discredit a particular party.

1 Like

Re: Oyo State Govt Yet To Pay Civil Servants Their September Salaries by Nobody: 11:05am On Oct 30, 2014
The OP is wallowing in ignorance. I wonder why some Nigerians act as if they are mentally derailed. It's clearly known that Oyo state governor is among the governors that don't in anyway delay the salary of their workers. My father works in Oyo state and he get paid between 21st-28th of every month. The OP really got this wrong, try and find another way to criticise. The governor and not the issue of salary.
Re: Oyo State Govt Yet To Pay Civil Servants Their September Salaries by nubianprinz: 10:12am On Oct 31, 2014
MT, your facts are very wrong and way off the mark. Firstly, let me state categorically that the state is yet to receive September allocation. It might interest you to know that August allocation was paid in the twilight of last month and before the allocation arrived, Oyo state had paid off the August salaries of workers. If you are not been economical with the truth, you will agree with me that there has been the country has been experiencing dwindling fortunes and that has affected the states revenue from the federal allocation. Governors of almost all the states including Niger which is a PDP state has been complaining of paucity of funds.
I challenge you to list 5 states that have paid the September salary of their workers? On the alphabetic payment of salaries, it is down to the shortage of funds. The govt doing that is a proof that it is committed to the workers welfare despite the financial crunch. Would u have rather preferred that the state shouldnt have paid any worker?
Criticism is welcome but it must be constructive. In the history of Oyo state, civil servants haven’t had a government that has taken their welfare as optimum priority. This is a govt that has given them 13th month salary without wavering for 3 years, free buses to convey them to and fro work and also training and re-training, promotion. Even in the face of financial hardship that is biting into the country’s economy no thanks to the corruption and mis-management of Jonathan led federal govt, Ajimobi is still not owing workers months salaries. What he deserves is a thumbs up and not thumbs down.
Re: Oyo State Govt Yet To Pay Civil Servants Their September Salaries by MT: 8:26pm On Nov 03, 2014
toba1909:
And I hope you're not so daft to read in the dailies where the APC governors planned to meet the president as regards the deductions in their monthly allocations since last year?

What do you say of states like Benue?

My attention has just been called to this idiotic comment by toba1909 by some friends. You must be silly for throwing jabs at me. If you are a bootlicker of people in Government, I am not. Maybe you are not well exposed to how governance is meant to be. So, deducting from monthly allocation due to fluctuation in oil price, in your own view should be reasons enough for civil servants to be paid in alphabetical order.

Governance is about people who can think outside the box. People with novel ideas to bring development to their people. People that can generate funds inspite of impossibilities. . We have been lucky to have such people in the past in the South West. Chief Obafemi Awolowo readily comes to mind. It is people like you that cause Nigeria to be where she is by creating excuses for people that are meant to govern us. What is governance if all I need to do is to sit in my cozy office and expect allocation from Abuja for disbursement or embezzlement.

I do not care about state like Benue, I wont even bother to take you to Lagos state, dash into Ogun state and see development. Can you compare Oyo and Ogun state in term of development despite the fact that they are both APC states. Think! Reason!!. Question the people in Government instead of following them like mumu. My 2 cents!.

1 Like

Re: Oyo State Govt Yet To Pay Civil Servants Their September Salaries by MT: 8:54pm On Nov 03, 2014
Neyoor:
The OP is wallowing in ignorance. I wonder why some Nigerians act as if they are mentally derailed.
It's clearly known that Oyo state governor is among the governors that don't in anyway delay the salary of their workers. My father works in Oyo state and he get paid between 21st-28th of every month. The OP really got this wrong, try and find another way to criticise. The governor and not the issue of salary.

New kid on the block, why dont you ask your father - [in case you do not know] - what alphabet starts his surname. As of today, people that have their names starting with alphabet "U" to "Z" have not been paid. For a mere fact that your dad got paid does not translate to all Oyo State Civil Servants getting paid. Go to Oyo State secretariat and verify if you are still in doubt.

Neyoor, please pretend as if you are well parented and stop throwing unnecessary insults on the internet, especially when you have not been insulted in any way or form.
Re: Oyo State Govt Yet To Pay Civil Servants Their September Salaries by sammy329(m): 8:57pm On Nov 03, 2014
op is liar, September salary has already been paid
Re: Oyo State Govt Yet To Pay Civil Servants Their September Salaries by Nobody: 9:27pm On Nov 03, 2014
MT:

New kid on the block, why dont you ask your father - [in case you do not know] - what alphabet starts his surname. As of today, people that have their names starting with alphabet "U" to "Z" have not been paid. For a mere fact that your dad got paid does not translate to all Oyo State Civil Servants getting paid. Go to Oyo State secretariat and verify if you are still in doubt.
Neyoor, please pretend as if you are well parented and stop throwing unnecessary insults on the internet, especially when you have not been insulted in any way or form.

I'll choose not to answer you because of a specific cogent. Leave my parent of this issue and face me squarely if u're up to the task.

So, workers now get paid according to alphabetical order? Funny sha!
Re: Oyo State Govt Yet To Pay Civil Servants Their September Salaries by MT: 9:39pm On Nov 03, 2014
Neyoor:

I'll choose not to answer you because of a specific cogent. Leave my parent of this issue and face me squarely if u're up to the task.

So, workers now get paid according to alphabetical order? Funny sha!

I will not insult your parents but your previous comments brought you under the cosh.

If you consider payment by alphabets funny, then at least you agree that if such happens there are comedians in power. I stand by my statement and I ask to be challenged on this - Oyo State Government pays according to civil servant's surname's starting alphabets and not all civil servants have received their September salary. A visit to Oyo State Secretariat will confirm this. I do not say what I have not CONFIRMED and I am not sympathetic to any political party.

All I ask for is a JUST and FAIR governance.
Re: Oyo State Govt Yet To Pay Civil Servants Their September Salaries by olufunmibi(m): 9:40pm On Nov 03, 2014
I was in Ibadan in the weekend and it is saddening that my Sister who works for Emmanuel Alayande College of Education Oyo, begged me for money for the first time in a very looong time, though reading her emotions, she was not bitter at the Government, guess she understood the issue at stake. Her name starts with O, she has not been paid September salary as of yesterday November 2,

It is foolish for anyone to quickly become an attack dog for Ajimobi because he doesnt really need it, he has class.

And the problem is a general problem. I pray we come out of this conundrum as soon as possible.
Re: Oyo State Govt Yet To Pay Civil Servants Their September Salaries by tit(f): 10:00pm On Nov 03, 2014
nubianprinz:
MT, your facts are very wrong and way off the mark. Firstly, let me state categorically that the state is yet to receive September allocation. It might interest you to know that August allocation was paid in the twilight of last month and before the allocation arrived, Oyo state had paid off the August salaries of workers. If you are not been economical with the truth, you will agree with me that there has been the country has been experiencing dwindling fortunes and that has affected the states revenue from the federal allocation.

so Oyo state is living from hand-to-mouth!

see what APC has reduced the ancient and proud people of Oyo to:
a beggar and debtor nation!
Re: Oyo State Govt Yet To Pay Civil Servants Their September Salaries by toba1909(m): 12:14pm On Nov 28, 2014
olufunmibi:
I was in Ibadan in the weekend and it is saddening that my Sister who works for Emmanuel Alayande College of Education Oyo, begged me for money for the first time in a very looong time, though reading her emotions, she was not bitter at the Government, guess she understood the issue at stake. Her name starts with O, she has not been paid September salary as of yesterday November 2,
It is foolish for anyone to quickly become an attack dog for Ajimobi because he doesnt really need it, he has class.
And the problem is a general problem. I pray we come out of this conundrum as soon as possible.

I stand to be corrected and quoted anywhere, the Oyo State Government has paid September salaries, and some have received alert for October. Those pending are expecting October salary and not September. We need not lie always, to drag the Government in the mud, when there are issues that needed to be addressed.

tit:

so Oyo state is living from hand-to-mouth!
see what APC has reduced the ancient and proud people of Oyo to:
a beggar and debtor nation!

And what has GEJ/PDP turned this Nigeria into?
Come to Oyo state, to see for yourself the difference between the APC and PDP led administrations rather than ranting here.
Re: Oyo State Govt Yet To Pay Civil Servants Their September Salaries by toba1909(m): 12:05am On Nov 14, 2016
MT:

My attention has just been called to this idiotic comment by toba1909 by some friends. You must be silly for throwing jabs at me. If you are a bootlicker of people in Government, I am not. Maybe you are not well exposed to how governance is meant to be. So, deducting from monthly allocation due to fluctuation in oil price, in your own view should be reasons enough for civil servants to be paid in alphabetical order.

Governance is about people who can think outside the box. People with novel ideas to bring development to their people. People that can generate funds inspite of impossibilities. . We have been lucky to have such people in the past in the South West. Chief Obafemi Awolowo readily comes to mind. It is people like you that cause Nigeria to be where she is by creating excuses for people that are meant to govern us. What is governance if all I need to do is to sit in my cozy office and expect allocation from Abuja for disbursement or embezzlement.

I do not care about state like Benue, I wont even bother to take you to Lagos state, dash into Ogun state and see development. Can you compare Oyo and Ogun state in term of development despite the fact that they are both APC states. Think! Reason!!. Question the people in Government instead of following them like mumu. My 2 cents!.

You're a nitwit to compare developments in Ogun to Oyo, knowing well that Ogun derived her income from companies that left Lagos because of high cost of everything to settle in Ogun, cos its closer to Lagos. O wonder where dumbskull like you keep your reasoning capsules

(1) (Reply)

“I Am Hale And hearty” – buhari / What Is So Hard For FG To Grant Referendum To The Agitation Group (biafrans) / Rev King Is Also Running For President 2019 (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.