Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,210 members, 7,818,710 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

Lucas Power Steering Stop Leak Needed - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Lucas Power Steering Stop Leak Needed (3729 Views)

Steering Stop Locking After I Had my steering rack done / Is ATF Oil The Same As Power Steering Fluid? / My Steering Wheel Vibrates At High Speed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lucas Power Steering Stop Leak Needed by idoncome: 8:33pm On Oct 28, 2014
This product have been confirmed to stop oil leaks from steering rack(i stand to be corrected though).i read about it online and have seen testimonies.
i have been looking for this product for awhile now.i want to buy one.Any dealer in the house, pls help.

Re: Lucas Power Steering Stop Leak Needed by Lexusgs430: 9:35pm On Oct 28, 2014
It worked wonders on my jaguar. I bought it off Ebay uk.

2 Likes

Re: Lucas Power Steering Stop Leak Needed by idoncome: 10:19pm On Oct 28, 2014
Any dealer in the house or someone dat can direct me where to get one,pls.
@lexusgs430, gud to hear dat it worked for u.pls how much did it cost you and how long did it took before u got it?
Re: Lucas Power Steering Stop Leak Needed by erico2k2(m): 1:58pm On Oct 30, 2014
idoncome:
This product have been confirmed to stop oil leaks from steering rack(i stand to be corrected though).i read about it online and have seen testimonies.
i have been looking for this product for awhile now.i want to buy one.Any dealer in the house, pls help.
Just a thought, cant the leak be fixed? assuming you need to replace the seals?
Re: Lucas Power Steering Stop Leak Needed by icemann(m): 2:25pm On Oct 30, 2014
Lexusgs430:
It worked wonders on my jaguar. I bought it off Ebay uk.
erico2k2:

All them "leak stoppers" most time end up clogging a valve or pump. They Increase viscosity and therefore stress your pumps. Its better you find the leak and change whatever it is.

Just my two cents.

1 Like

Re: Lucas Power Steering Stop Leak Needed by Lexusgs430: 2:45pm On Oct 30, 2014
icemann:

All them "leak stoppers" most time end up clogging a valve or pump. They Increase viscosity and therefore stress your pumps. Its better you find the leak and change whatever it is.

Just my two cents.

I have had it in my jaguar for over 5 years, my vehicles pumps and valves are still fully functional.

1 Like

Re: Lucas Power Steering Stop Leak Needed by icemann(m): 9:43pm On Oct 30, 2014
Lexusgs430:

I have had it in my jaguar for over 5 years, my vehicles pumps and valves are still fully functional.

Good for you. Just because you exceed the design pressure doesn't mean it is safe.

In engineering we are very aware of lawyers and their "yeye" Law suit that's why we put in Factor of safety so you can exceed the design and not damage the equipment.

Factor of safety is in every design to carter for a constant called Stupidity . Example driving a car with a misfiring cylinder, Using an almost dead battery(11.7 volts would start a car but stop pushing your luck).

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former" - Albert Einstein
Re: Lucas Power Steering Stop Leak Needed by Lexusgs430: 10:19pm On Oct 30, 2014
icemann:

Good for you. Just because you exceed the design pressure doesn't mean it is safe.

In engineering we are very aware of lawyers and their "yeye" Law suit that's why we put in Factor of safety so you can exceed the design and not damage the equipment.

Factor of safety is in every design to carter for a constant called Stupidity . Example driving a car with a misfiring cylinder, Using an almost dead battery(11.7 volts would start a car but stop pushing your luck).

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former" - Albert Einstein

All this quote for Lucas fluid ? Na wa o

1 Like

Re: Lucas Power Steering Stop Leak Needed by idoncome: 1:14am On Oct 31, 2014
erico2k2:

it can be fixed bt the problem is getting a professional dat can do dat in naija(am not saying there is not). My best advice, better buy another steering rack than fixing.

1 Like

Re: Lucas Power Steering Stop Leak Needed by idoncome: 1:36am On Oct 31, 2014
icemann:

Just my two cents.

u need to undastand how this LUCAS stop leak works.just google it. i am looking for it cos someone i know used it on his camry and till date no problem(3yrs now). lately i read about it online.am using d same modell of camry dats why i wanna try it coupled wt other testimonies i have seen online. that it can work on all car brands is what i cannot tell, am not an expert . google is there for us. But if u can buy a new steering rack, better.
Re: Lucas Power Steering Stop Leak Needed by idoncome: 1:40am On Oct 31, 2014
icemann:

Bros haba, easy o
Re: Lucas Power Steering Stop Leak Needed by Nobody: 3:55am On Oct 31, 2014
idoncome:

OP, please get your car fixed properly using the proper parts.

Using this product is like putting lipstick on a pig.
Re: Lucas Power Steering Stop Leak Needed by Lexusgs430: 4:04am On Oct 31, 2014
CityNG:

OP, please get your car fixed properly using the proper parts.

Using this product is like putting lipstick on a pig.

The pig would look extremely pretty........

1 Like

Re: Lucas Power Steering Stop Leak Needed by Nobody: 4:13am On Oct 31, 2014
Lexusgs430:

The pig would look extremely pretty.

Yes but only for a short time, then piggery will rear her ugly head.
Re: Lucas Power Steering Stop Leak Needed by Lexusgs430: 4:16am On Oct 31, 2014
CityNG:

Yes but only for a short time, then piggery will rear her ugly head.

Not this lovely piggy !!!! Oga Cityng, would you not want to plant a kiss on piggys lips ?
Re: Lucas Power Steering Stop Leak Needed by Nobody: 4:28am On Oct 31, 2014
Lexusgs430:

Not this lovely piggy !!!! Oga Cityng, would you not want to plant a kiss on piggys lips ?

No alcohol has been made potent enough grin

2 Likes

Re: Lucas Power Steering Stop Leak Needed by Lexusgs430: 4:38am On Oct 31, 2014
CityNG:

No alcohol has been made potent enough grin

Lol

Re: Lucas Power Steering Stop Leak Needed by Nobody: 8:24am On Oct 31, 2014
I would get the leak fixed, either by having the leaking rack or pump overhauled.

I don't recommend "stop leak" in ANY fluid circuit. These work by thickening the oil, and making the rubber seals swell up. But it won't do your vane pump any good. It is also a temporary "repair".

Another downside is these additives attack and ruin other seals in the circuit. So if all your car needed was a seal in the rear of the vane pump, you'll end up requiring ALL the seals in the rack AND pump. In extreme cases, the high pressure line from the pump to the rack is weakened from the inside out, increasing the chances of it rupturing under load.

3 Likes

Re: Lucas Power Steering Stop Leak Needed by idoncome: 2:44pm On Oct 31, 2014
i thank u,lexusgs430 and everyone for ur opinions on this post.
Special thanks to my Oga siena,i dey hail o.

(1) (Reply)

How Reliable Is Chrysler 300? / Please Advice! A friend needs advice On Buying his First Car / Toyota Ascent Or Toyota Matrix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.