Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,927 members, 7,835,096 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

Health Info As Simple As Abc-Ectopic Pregnancy: The World's Most Dangerous Baby - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Health Info As Simple As Abc-Ectopic Pregnancy: The World's Most Dangerous Baby (800 Views)

Health Info / Ovarian Cyst/polycytic Ovarian Disease/ectopic Pregnancy/miscarriage Solutions. / Earliest Signs Of Pregnancy - The Shocking Truth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Health Info As Simple As Abc-Ectopic Pregnancy: The World's Most Dangerous Baby by Nobody: 9:13am On Oct 29, 2014
She was rushed in to the accident and emergency breathless. She had been bleeding pv for some days now and was getting weaker and weaker. She was sure she saw her periods the previous month, no the period was different in length and volume and no she didn't think she was pregnant. How wrong she was! She was carrying the world's most dangerous pregnancy.

Like a parasite, her fetus had chosen to to grow in her fallopian tube, not her womb. Of course he would not survive but he won't go down silently. Poor he. It is not his fault however. Previous infections, STIs or fibroids have made the journey too hellish and the path too long. It would chose to relax here, like the weary traveller that collapses on seeing home

What are the symptoms to an Ectopic pregnancy?

Lower abdominal pains
: This happens as the fetus grows, stretching the nerves in the area. This pain would worsen and becone generalized when the fetus grows into a blood vessel, causing internal bleeding

Bleeding pv
:Even though the fetus is not growing in the womb, it stimulates some bleeding from there. Notice though that this bleeding is different from a normal period and is usually slight and continous.

Absent menses: This makes sense as you shouldn't see your period while pregnant

How do I know if my pregnancy is/ is not Ectopic?

An ultrasound scan would usually detect the abnormally situated fetus with an empty uterus. Note though that the scan may not pick up an ectopic pregnancy till around 5 weeks. So if symptoms of abdominal pains continue despite an early normal scan, the scan should be repeated after 2 weeks.

What is the treatment for an Ectopic pregnancy?

If detected early enough, drugs can be used to destroy the abnormally sited fetus without altering the reproductive structures
If detected late, an immediate surgery is usually necessary to cut out the fetus and the affected fallopian tube

What should I keep in mind if I have had an Ectopic Pregancy before?

Be extra careful as you are now playing a match with a red card. All future pregancies/ absent menses must be reported early to the doctor for follow up as the chance of a repeat ectopic is high. When detected early, treatment that preserves the fallopian tube can be administered. It would not do to lose both tubes.

All risky behaviors that increases the chances of STIs or pelvic infections must be avoided. All effort must be made to protect the one remaining tube like an only child.

In summary, all women of reproductive age should see the imprtance of an early scan in pregnancy. In addition to accurately giving the age of the pregnancy, it will tell if bomboy has decided to live in the passage or in the room.

Read the full article at www.primerhealth.com.ng

Also check out other simple and informative articles at www.primerhealth.com.ng

Like on facebook to recieve regular updates!

Cheers all!
Re: Health Info As Simple As Abc-Ectopic Pregnancy: The World's Most Dangerous Baby by Nobody: 7:16am On Oct 30, 2014
BASIC LIFE SUPPORT: CAN YOU SAVE PA ALEX?

Pa Alex, 60 was hosting his daughter’s wedding reception. A typical Nigerian, he was determined to make the most of the opportunity and he sweated out his rotund frame on the dance floor gyrating and spraying currency on his baby. Then all hell broke loose. He collapsed. In the commotion that ensued, he slipped away silently...

Help save Pa Alex at http://www.primerhealth.com.ng/2014/10/basic-life-support-can-you-save-pa-alex.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

Reading Mate For Usmle 2015 / Natural Testosterone Boosting Supplement / Holes On My Palms-help Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.