Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,557 members, 7,820,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

How APC Is Making Jonathan To Sleep Better These Days - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How APC Is Making Jonathan To Sleep Better These Days (1382 Views)

I Have No Regrets Making Jonathan President – Obasanjo / "I Asked God To Protect Me By Making Jonathan Lose" - Amaechi / Jonathan Will Win, APC Is A Fragile Anti-Jonathan Setup —Brookings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How APC Is Making Jonathan To Sleep Better These Days by FearGodinall: 3:53pm On Oct 29, 2014
By Emmanuel Bello

While they bicker on issues of consensus or no consensus, the nation’s apex opposition party, the All Progressives Congress (APC) is making the president and his men, happy. I learn President Jonathan sleeps sounder now than before. The calculations and prognosis appear to be on his side. With Ebola killed; with polio on its way out; with a ceasefire afoot and with APC leaders not sure who would fly their flag, a relaxed president left for Israel on pilgrimage to thank God for this victories.

Now, I don’t know of any Nigerian president of the Christian faith, who has ever gone on that kind of pilgrimage. President Jonathan must be coolly sitting pretty to travel like that at this time in the electioneering calendar. I’m sure he feels that 2015, as far as the presidency is concerned, is a cakewalk.

And he’s got the floundering APC to thank for that. The first problem the party faced was with the issue of whether it would go for a Muslim-Muslim ticket or not. Right now, the matter is still ruffling feathers around the country. Many believe that if the party does this, Jonathan and his men would be smiling to the polls.  Even former President Olusegun Obasanjo kicked against it.

He was reacting to General Muhammadu Buhari’s outburst in a recent interview where oga Buhari characteristically said it doesn’t matter if the party goes for a same faith ticket. The respected general is wrong, of course. Religion is still a huge issue with Nigerians and comparing the current situation with the ancient Abiola/Kingibe magic is a no brainer. It is stuff like this that motivates the PDP to pummel APC with the supporter of APC appellation which unfortunately was effective.

And don’t forget that many still think the leadership composition of the APC is untowardly slanted to one particular faith. They may be wrong in saying this but Olisah Metuh has succeeded in selling the dummy to unsuspecting folks. That is why the PDP has wisely retained the Jonathan/Sambo formula which balances the North with the south and the two big faiths in a fusion. That looks more Nigerian and a lot of country men are comfortable with that.

Secondly, while APC is still dealing with that, there is the thorny issue of whom the party would give its flag or even how it would arrive at that. On its part, the PDP has settled that one already. It has a flag. It has its bearer. In fact, a committee that would set the stage for Jonathan’s declaration is already in place. That is organisation. APC is still wondering if it should do a consensus thing or it should go to the polls.

As I write this, I’m not sure what it has decided to do. But when I spoke with my boss and former employer, Sam Nda Isaiah, on the matter, I felt his presidential anger! He was livid. He told me going for consensus would just be like borrowing the poisonous tricks of the PDP. He said it would rob APC of its biggest asset – transparency. You know, APC tries to give the impression that it is the cleanest party in the neighborhood. But Nda Isaiah believes only an open, free and fair affair would sustain that image.

And even after it has settled on this, there is still the issue of the candidate. PDP knows how to defeat Buhari or at least how to deal with him in the media. They would bring back all the memories of politicians being thrown in jail; they would remind everyone of decree 4, Buhari’s age, his religiosity, his draconian posture and his weaknesses. If you bring former Vice President Abubakar Atiku, PDP would bring up issues of corruption and the fact that he is desperate.

Someone told me that even Obasanjo doesn’t want Atiku to be president for obvious reasons. If it is Kano State Governor, Rabiu Kwankwaso, PDP and TAN would just go on a jamboree, dancing and praising the Lord for a victory. In fact, they would all go on a pilgrimage. That leaves you with my oga, Sam Nda Isaiah. Now, that is a novelty for even the PDP. They may have to think fast and know how to confront the man with the big ideas. But believe me the PDP would know what to do. Even with Uncle Sam.

2 Likes

Re: How APC Is Making Jonathan To Sleep Better These Days by Nobody: 4:09pm On Oct 29, 2014
Which nonsense uncle Sam...you are drunk...

PDP can sleep for all I care....

APC is the party God has chosen...Nigeria is on its way to progress...GEJ is on his way out...whether Seun likes it or not.

GMB for life.

6 Likes

Re: How APC Is Making Jonathan To Sleep Better These Days by major466(m): 4:34pm On Oct 29, 2014
Now this is what I call Cool write up. GEJ is Smiling while Buhari, Atiku and Kwankwaso are frowning. grin
Expect a massive Tsunami to hit APC in coming weeks.

3 Likes

Re: How APC Is Making Jonathan To Sleep Better These Days by size38: 4:42pm On Oct 29, 2014
Childish write up. If GEJ is sleeping sounder now why threatening Governor Amaechi after APC mega rally in PH that sent shocking waves to the president and his party? Apart from he GEJ, mr president equally knows that Nigerians are really tired of the PDP for their continuous deceit and deprivation of the citizens basic amenities in the last 14yrs they have been in power.

2 Likes

Re: How APC Is Making Jonathan To Sleep Better These Days by Nobody: 4:52pm On Oct 29, 2014
"A house divided can never stand".

APC is at war with itself because of greed. Too many candidates fielding for the presidential position. Na them know sha, whoever's in power doesnt change my sufferhead life.
Re: How APC Is Making Jonathan To Sleep Better These Days by qloreal: 5:14pm On Oct 29, 2014
i'm not affiliated to any political party but i have dis to say pdp government has leads us to no man's land, perhaps it time for a change. Lets see what apc has 2 offer, BTW i totally disagree with that muslim-muslim ticket of a thing.
Re: How APC Is Making Jonathan To Sleep Better These Days by Uchexxy(m): 5:50pm On Oct 29, 2014
Honestly i would say 2015 election is a settled one, gej will still rule nigeria and i am okay with that. Apc should accept that fact too. Where i see serious election turmoil is in 2019, if there still exists a nigerian nation. God save us all then

1 Like

Re: How APC Is Making Jonathan To Sleep Better These Days by dastranger(m): 6:09pm On Oct 29, 2014
General Muhammadu Buhari # GMB said: “World Bank and
IMF wanted us to remove the so- called petroleum subsidy, to devalue the Naira, I told them we are not going to. By the time we were removed [the IBB coup], one Naira was equal to 1.2 or 1.5 dollars. The Naira was run down to N80 to a dollar by IBB. I refused to remove the petrol subsidy. I signed contract for Warri and Kaduna refineries, 20 depots, laid over 3200km pipelines. And then pipes were laid over 3,200 kilometres.
Nigeria didn’t borrow a Kobo. When I came as head of state,
we stopped [illegal] bunkering, Nig was choked with product.
We were exporting 100,000 barrels a day We Turned Around
Warrri, Kaduna and Portharcourt refineries and built new
ones.” About being a fundamentalist/bigot, the one-time
military head of stated lucidly stated that: “In 2003, I chose
Chuba Okadigbo as my running mate. He was a Roman
Catholic. He was an Igbo. In 2007, I picked Edwin Ume-
Ezeoke. He was a Roman Catholic. He was an Igbo. And in
2010, I chose even a pastor. Pastor Tunde Bakare. “Honestly,
what do Nigerians want me to do? If they don’t believe I’m not
a fundamentalist, what else can I do?” And Aliyu Bala Aliyu
said: "It is an irrefutable fact that prominent portfolios such as Defense, Finance, Petroleum, Health, Information, Works and Justice were under the control of Christians. In addition,
during his short stint as Head of State, 11 out of the 19
Military Governors were Christians, 7 were Muslims, and 1
was peculiarly an Animist. How can a supposedly religiously
intolerant dictator appoint an Animist as the Military Governor of the capital of Nigeria? The Military Governor of Lagos, Gbolahan Mudashiru refused to his oath with either the Holy Qur’an or the Holy Bible during Buhari’s time as Head of State. These appointees are well documented for anyone that wishes to objectively dissect the allegations against General Muhammadu Buhari. Furthermore, out of his 4 Service Chiefs, Only Ibrahim Babangida (Army) was a Muslim. The trio of Domkat Bali (Defense), Augustus Aikhamou (Navy) and Dominic Bello (Airforce) were all Christians. It is also significant to note that General Buhari did not require the persuasion of the Senate, the contentious zoning formula, or the obligation of the Federal Character Act of 1996 to approve these appointments. " Still shaking my head!

3 Likes

Re: How APC Is Making Jonathan To Sleep Better These Days by mizkeleke(f): 7:32pm On Oct 29, 2014
Oga Jona all the way.
grin

1 Like

Re: How APC Is Making Jonathan To Sleep Better These Days by amstrogn: 9:13pm On Oct 29, 2014
PDP rulling Nigeria has brought her to a point of desolation and confusion. We don't even know what to expect next most especially with this confused ceremonial leader we call our president. I am so tired! News about politics, I am not interested not anymore.
Re: How APC Is Making Jonathan To Sleep Better These Days by Raxz(m): 10:33pm On Oct 29, 2014
APC problem are beyond human power, they required supernatural intervention. if u dnt believe this Google T.B. Joshua new year prophecy for 2014.

Mean while
Vote GEJ 4 2015
Re: How APC Is Making Jonathan To Sleep Better These Days by Nobody: 10:39pm On Oct 29, 2014
who the hell is sam what? please spare me this jargons

hey go tell gej, that his plan to destabilize the north so elections wont take place has failed!!!

(1) (Reply)

The Best Looking Nigerian President And Governor EVER?? / Buhari Would've Done Better For Niger Delta Than Jonathan – Asari Dokubo / BREAKING NEWS: French Police Kill Charlie Holdo Journalists Killers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.