Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,204 members, 7,822,054 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:48 AM

Oppo R5 Officially Becomes The World's Thinnest Smartphone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Oppo R5 Officially Becomes The World's Thinnest Smartphone (2324 Views)

Top 10 World's Thinnest And Slimmest Tablets - 2014 [Pics & Videos] / Here Comes The World’s Thinnest Smartphone / Oppo R5 Is Now The World's Thinnest Smartphone! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oppo R5 Officially Becomes The World's Thinnest Smartphone by oyewolestephen(m): 6:36pm On Oct 29, 2014
After the Oppo N3 cameraphone, the
company unveiled its first 64-bit
smartphone, which is coincidentally also
its thinnest yet. The Oppo R5 measures
just 4.85mm thick, the "slimmest phone in
the world," Oppo claims. The company
has shaved quite a bit of thickness
compared to the 6.3mm Oppo R3.
The frame of the phone is made of 3D-
welded aluminum alloy. The frame has
been hand-polished and measures just
4mm thick. The other measurements are
148.9 x 74.5mm (that's rather tall for a
5.2" device) and the weight is 155g.
Anyway, the Oppo R5 has a 5.2"
AMOLED screen of 1080p resolution
(423ppi). The company is promising the
best brightness, lowest reflectivity and
highly accurate colors.
The R5 will launch with Android 4.4-
based Color OS 2.0. It's powered by
Snapdragon 615, Qualcomm's mid-range
octa-core chipset. It features an octa-
core Cortex-A53 processor at 1.5GHz,
which is paired with an Adreno 405 GPU
and 2GB RAM.
Oppo has created a special cooling
element made from liquid-metal and
phase-change materials to take heat away
from the chipset.
Oppo R5 lifestyle photos
The back camera features the 13MP Sony
IMX214 sensor and an f/2.0 aperture,
while the front camera is a 5MP shooter.
As you can see though, the back camera
sticks out quite a bit. Anyway, it can
record 2160p video at 30fps and 1080p@
60fps, plus a 120fps slow-motion mode
(at 720p).
Despite being so thin, the Oppo R5
packs a 2,000mAh Li-Polymer battery,
which will be quick to top up thanks to
the VOOC mini rapid charge tech support.
Connectivity starts off at 2G GPRS and
goes up to TDD/FDD LTE. There's also
Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0.
There's one thing missing - a 3.5mm
audio jack. We suppose it's because the
R5 is so thin, but you either have to use
the wireless O-Music accessory for
streaming or a microUSB to audio jack
adapter (one is included in the retail
package).
The Oppo R5 will go on sale for $499
though we don't have an exact launch
date yet. But you are welcomed to check
our first impressions of the Oppo R5 right
here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oppo R5 Officially Becomes The World's Thinnest Smartphone by luvlyoracle(m): 6:41pm On Oct 29, 2014
Hmm
Re: Oppo R5 Officially Becomes The World's Thinnest Smartphone by Randerl: 6:48pm On Oct 29, 2014
better a little more thickness with at least a 4000mah battery for the Nigerian market.

1 Like

Re: Oppo R5 Officially Becomes The World's Thinnest Smartphone by Dlee1(m): 6:49pm On Oct 29, 2014
Space for sale, just five naira (#5) but still negotiable.

1 Like

Re: Oppo R5 Officially Becomes The World's Thinnest Smartphone by Tweetums(f): 7:08pm On Oct 29, 2014
Hope this one ll not bend inside pocket like iphone 6....

2 Likes

Re: Oppo R5 Officially Becomes The World's Thinnest Smartphone by iamrealdeji(m): 7:34pm On Oct 29, 2014
Very soon,they'll start to make smart phones that look like atm card

3 Likes

Re: Oppo R5 Officially Becomes The World's Thinnest Smartphone by aieromon(m): 7:54pm On Oct 29, 2014
The battery stinks to the heavens. They should throw in a power bank as well.

1 Like

Re: Oppo R5 Officially Becomes The World's Thinnest Smartphone by 100Cents: 8:16pm On Oct 29, 2014
Let a lady express her love to me by buying me this phone..

2 Likes

Re: Oppo R5 Officially Becomes The World's Thinnest Smartphone by Nobody: 8:27pm On Oct 29, 2014
Randerl:
better a little more thickness with at least a 4000mah battery for the Nigerian market.
bross 2000mah no do you? I dey fear you o but you don forget say e fit charge from 0%-75% in 30mins I guess.
Re: Oppo R5 Officially Becomes The World's Thinnest Smartphone by ayukdaboss(m): 9:52pm On Oct 29, 2014
OP you forgot to mention the phone not having 3.5mm Jack for earpiece? grin undecided
Re: Oppo R5 Officially Becomes The World's Thinnest Smartphone by oyewolestephen(m): 10:11pm On Oct 29, 2014
ayukdaboss:
OP you forgot to mention the phone not having 3.5mm Jack for earpiece? grin undecided
yes. But it has 2.5mm jack which is alternative to it
Re: Oppo R5 Officially Becomes The World's Thinnest Smartphone by LEGEND7466(m): 10:42pm On Oct 29, 2014
ayukdaboss:

There's one thing missing - a 3.5mm
audio jack. We suppose it's because the
R5 is so thin, but you either have to use
the wireless O-Music accessory for
streaming or a microUSB to audio jack
adapter (one is included in the retail
package).

It was mentioned in d review....read well d second time

1 Like

Re: Oppo R5 Officially Becomes The World's Thinnest Smartphone by Francheezy(m): 11:25pm On Oct 29, 2014
Seriously,why make a phone so slim? I don't like thin girls and my phone is like my companion. So I don't like this, too slim for my liking.
Re: Oppo R5 Officially Becomes The World's Thinnest Smartphone by freezyprinzy(m): 1:18am On Oct 30, 2014
op price in naira
Re: Oppo R5 Officially Becomes The World's Thinnest Smartphone by coolest01(m): 2:00am On Oct 30, 2014
so slim it can be used as a cutting instrumentgrin

nice phone though
Re: Oppo R5 Officially Becomes The World's Thinnest Smartphone by oyewolestephen(m): 11:57am On Oct 30, 2014
freezyprinzy:
op price in naira
just 75k only
Re: Oppo R5 Officially Becomes The World's Thinnest Smartphone by oyewolestephen(m): 12:01pm On Oct 30, 2014
Francheezy:
Seriously,why make a phone so slim? I don't like thin girls and my phone is like my companion. So I don't like this, too slim for my liking.
yes. But some folks are crazilly hungry for slimmer phones

(1) (Reply)

Guys Tecno C8 And Infinix Zero 2 Which One Should I Buy? Pls Help Me / Business Card Design In Nigeria / Pls I Need To Download About 70gb Files, Which Network Is Best For This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.