Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,096 members, 7,867,155 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 11:28 AM

What The Youth Should Know About Gen. Muhammadu Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What The Youth Should Know About Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (1678 Views)

20 Facts & Predictions About Gen. Buhari That Is Hidden Before The Entire World / IBB Endorses Muhammadu Buhari For President - SaharaReporters / SW Youth Should Be Protesting Right Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What The Youth Should Know About Gen. Muhammadu Buhari by MurphyInc(m): 8:22am On Oct 30, 2014
Millions of Nigerians below age 30 constitute a significant chunk of our voting population.
This is the ICT generation that is largely ignorant about the events of the Muhammadu Buhari era (1983-85) and so can be misinformed and misled by needless propaganda. Many in the under-30 bracket and those slightly above have faint recollections of the Buhari era and the level of ignorance about that era is amazing.
Before becoming MILITARY Head of State, he had been Governor of one of the Northern States (under Obasanjo’s Military regime) as well as Minister for Petroleum. He later served as Chairman of PTF under Sani Abacha.
Please consider the following unassailable facts:
# He birthed and supervised the
establishment of our existing refineries.
# There was no religious crisis while he was Head of State. It started under his
successor IBB!
# In his time as Head of State he reduced
inflation from 23% to 4%, by fiscal discipline. # He used home-grown economic team (not achieved under any other era, even the military).
# JJ Rawlings of Ghana took over 2yrs
before him, and killed all corrupt leaders, while Buhari only committed the corrupt leaders here to prison.
# Under his watch as PTF Chairman,
what he did in road construction in that
short period hasn't been matched in the last 12 yrs.
# Hospitals and universities around the country never witnessed as much
benefits as they got from the PTF from
any government after or before his time. His PTF projects are visible till today in various higher institutions.
# Despite serving in senior capacity in
the oil sector, first as Min for Petroleum and then, Chairman Petroleum Trust
Fund, Buhari has no petrol station, much less a rig, refinery or an oil blocklike so many of our leaders.
# He could have retired into nauseating
opulence like an IBB or Danjuma or
even OBJ but didn't. # Instead of hobnobbing with the high and mighty, he cast his lot with the
ordinary man most of who follow him; out of hope and belief in his values.
# People who know him have said... "All I need from Buhari is his word, I can take it to the bank".
# He is the only politician in the North today who fills rallies without renting acrowd. The Kaduna rally of 2nd March is eloquent proof!
# He refused to collect allowance
while serving as Chairman, PTF
because he said since he was already
drawing a pension from govt, his conscience would not allow him draw another salary from the purse of same administration.
# He is the only former head of state
that does not own property or land in
Abuja .
# Every attempt to rubbish him through
probes in time past ended up vindicating him! # The man who was asked by OBJ to take over the running
of PTF before it was scrapped with the aim of probing and indicting Buhari, was the one who ended up being prosecuted
for misappropriating $100m of PTF funds! Buhari again, was vindicated
# He has OPENLY challenged those who accuse him of religious fundamentalism
to come out and show proof. No one
has till today, taken up the challenge.
# His personal driver of many years is a
Christian from Plateau State !
# His government initiated the War
Against Indiscipline that has made
environmental cleanliness, queuing up, not urinating by the roadside etc
features of our national life even till
today Does it then surprise you why corrupt people would be spreading such heinous rumours about Buhari?
He is a threat to them and they know what he is capable of doing to corruption and corrupt people if elected into office! So shine your eyes and make the right decision. If HONESTY and PROBITY are the things you want for Nigeria, now is the time to choose RIGHT. When you cast your vote for
BUHARI, you would have cast one vote
for A HONEST MAN!
Now you know better, please educate others by:
FORWARDING, LIKING, SHARING, POSTING etc

GOD BLESS NIGERIA !
GOD BLESS NIGERIANS !

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What The Youth Should Know About Gen. Muhammadu Buhari by saintkash(m): 8:30am On Oct 30, 2014
“The army after toppling our democratic regime have no option but to install Buhari as head of state so as to avoid credibility problems, especially in the sight of the international community because of his being an epitome of integrity."
- SHAGARI.

“There are only 2 honest & reliable Nigerians. Myself & Buhari. All what PDP is saying of Buhari being fundamentalist is mere hot lies. They just fear, let‘s go to jail “
– OBJ

General Muhammadu Buhari as a member of the Supreme Military Council and as Head of NNPC was by nature taciturn and introvert. But he took any work that was given to him very seriously. He is reliable as he is hardworking and honest, his path of moral probity and rectitude” Incorruptible
– President Olusegun Obasango , in his book, “Not My Will”.

“Buhari was a big brother & a father to some extent that mean nothing in life & to the nation always other than good. So, I fear no harm from him.“
– LATE YAR‘ADUA.

“Buhari was honest & sincere in all his conduct that perhaps, only very few Nigerians could match in integrity.“
–GEN. ABDUSSALAM

“Gen. Muhammadu Buhari was a true patriot, respected former head of state & elder statesman & a nationalist.“
-PRESIDENT JONATHAN.

“I have realized our collective mistake in over-throwing you. I have seen the terrible damage which our inaction caused to the Nigerian psyche. I am most sorry. Please, come and do what is best known about you. Patriotic service to the nation.“
–LATE ABACHA (PTF inaugural speech).

“If Buhari quit PTF job as he promises & as we knew him to mean his words, all along, I support the idea of scrapping PTF as no one else can do the job as him.“ –IBB

I respect Buhari. He was my Boss.He was an honorable man. And I can say this anywhere”.
-General Ibrahim Babangida.

“As a member PDP BOT, I decided personally to donate the #5,000,000 to Buhari‘s campaign organization because of my firm believe in his ability to right all the nation wrongs-
ALH. ISIYAKU IBRAHIM.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What The Youth Should Know About Gen. Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 9:02am On Oct 30, 2014
You painted a pristine image of this man here; what we need to make good decisions on whom to vote for are all round profiles of these politicians. After reading your post, I see a man with a flawless personality that Nigerians ought to force to lead them- that cannot be true because humans are far from perfect (supporters of Jonathan also feed us with daily doses of such barefaced lies). I have two suggestions for you:
-modify your topic to reflect Jesus instead of Buhari or
-be a little less partisan since you are trying to educate and not misinform the public.
Thank you!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What The Youth Should Know About Gen. Muhammadu Buhari by PassingShot(m): 9:07am On Oct 30, 2014
1supremo:
You painted a pristine image of this man here; what we need to make good decisions on whom to vote for are all round profiles of these politicians. After reading your post, I see a man with a flawless personality that Nigerians ought to force to lead them- that cannot be true because humans are far from perfect.

He surely has his flaws but far less than all the lies being peddled about him.
Re: What The Youth Should Know About Gen. Muhammadu Buhari by JEITO: 9:28am On Oct 30, 2014
Perfect/flawless men only exist in Utopia!

Btw, is it not an aberration that inflation was cut to a single digit figure, yet unemployment rate rose higher and thus lead to a drop in the standard of living of Nigerians.

NB: being corruption free, certainly does not translate to being economically sound and all ya Buhari praise singers need to know that.

2 Likes

Re: What The Youth Should Know About Gen. Muhammadu Buhari by amakufrancis(m): 9:40am On Oct 30, 2014
noted, op just tell me what to do. Am confused of who to vote for.
Re: What The Youth Should Know About Gen. Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 9:45am On Oct 30, 2014
amakufrancis:

vote for Buhari for change. If he messes up like jonathan then we boot him out just like we are booting out gej in 2015.

3 Likes

Re: What The Youth Should Know About Gen. Muhammadu Buhari by saintkash(m): 9:58am On Oct 30, 2014
JEITO:
Perfect/flawless men only exist in Utopia!

Btw, is it not an aberration that inflation was cut to a single digit figure, yet unemployment rate rose higher and thus lead to a drop in the standard of living of Nigerians.

NB: being corruption free, certainly does not translate to being economically sound and all ya Buhari praise singers need to know that.

no doubt bro... u r very correct but we also knw dat corruption constitute a larger portion of our problem.. with buhari one aspect could be reduced to a minimal. .. just saying
Re: What The Youth Should Know About Gen. Muhammadu Buhari by amakufrancis(m): 9:58am On Oct 30, 2014
diluminati:

vote for Buhari for change. If he messes up like jonathan then we boot him out just like we are booting out gej in 2015.
will he remember us and develop as fast we federal uni of petroleum resources fupre in warri, as he wins? Rubbish advice, give me anoda advice if you cant, i will keep saying Gej till 2019.

1 Like

Re: What The Youth Should Know About Gen. Muhammadu Buhari by amakufrancis(m): 10:01am On Oct 30, 2014
diluminati:

yes i like this advice, gej till 2019 first. Need south south to hold d power again, if e like make he misbeheve
Re: What The Youth Should Know About Gen. Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 10:15am On Oct 30, 2014
saintkash:

no doubt bro... u r very correct but we also knw dat corruption constitute a larger portion of our problem.. with buhari one aspect could be reduced to a minimal. .. just saying
And how will he subdue corruption? WAI?
Re: What The Youth Should Know About Gen. Muhammadu Buhari by saintkash(m): 12:58pm On Oct 30, 2014
missberrypop5:
And how will he subdue corruption? WAI?

let get him there n watch action against corruption. ... instead of situation were d president body language promote corruption
Re: What The Youth Should Know About Gen. Muhammadu Buhari by MurphyInc(m): 6:51am On Nov 01, 2014
amakufrancis:

Nigeria need a new transformation,Nigerians deserve a good leader,we want someone with vision and mission to rule this country, we are tired of leaders that are just robbing us day and night, we are tired of govt that does not love his citizen.corruption is killing this country and no tranformation is going on that I know of.

Thank God, We all heard about $20B missing from the NNPC and $15B totalled seized by south africa, now imagine other ones that we did not know about.believe me,this Govt will suck this country dry if we don't kick them out.

My friend, we all need changes in our various life and only God can bring that to us but God will not come down from the heaven to do that he use human being to do that.

Now ask yourself, Who should I vote for, the clueless president full with lies and deciet or a Leader that love his country, God fearing, with experience of Governance.

I've made my choice, make yours today !
Re: What The Youth Should Know About Gen. Muhammadu Buhari by Adminisher: 7:00am On Nov 01, 2014
The demographics of Nigeria is actually a big problem. Most young people 35 and below don't know the issues. People have been lied to by their parents. The big problem in Nigeria is corruption, not religion or tribe. There is whole sale stealing of the future of our children by entrenched interests, ten percenters and the people they put in government. These people regard government and politics as a business. A very profitable business involving stealing our wealth and our sweat. GEJ is just one of them and he is essentially a patronage distribution node nothing more. Some of his critics are also part of them but of these people, most of them will be settled and finally support the President. The only outsider is Buhari.
Re: What The Youth Should Know About Gen. Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 7:03am On Nov 01, 2014
1supremo:
You painted a pristine image of this man here; what we need to make good decisions on whom to vote for are all round profiles of these politicians. After reading your post, I see a man with a flawless personality that Nigerians ought to force to lead them- that cannot be true because humans are far from perfect (supporters of Jonathan also feed us with daily doses of such barefaced lies). I have two suggestions for you:
-be a little less partisan since you are trying to educate and not misinform the public.
Thank you!
He is not flawless, his major flaw was his decrees 2 and 4 which I believe he realised. He is a decent man
Re: What The Youth Should Know About Gen. Muhammadu Buhari by amakufrancis(m): 7:16am On Nov 01, 2014
MurphyInc:

Nigeria need a new transformation,Nigerians deserve a good leader,we want someone with vision and mission to rule this country, we are tired of leaders that are just robbing us day and night, we are tired of govt that does not love his citizen.corruption is killing this country and no tranformation is going on that I know of.

Thank God, We all heard about $20B missing from the NNPC and $15B totalled seized by south africa, now imagine other ones that we did not know about.believe me,this Govt will suck this country dry if we don't kick them out.

My friend, we all need changes in our various life and only God can bring that to us but God will not come down from the heaven to do that he use human being to do that.

Now ask yourself, Who should I vote for, the clueless president full with lies and deciet or a Leader that love his country, God fearing, with experience of Governance.

I've made my choice, make yours today !
bros you go sabi preach about end time oooo. Gej till 2019........ Av made mine choice.

2 Likes

Re: What The Youth Should Know About Gen. Muhammadu Buhari by SeverusSnape(m): 7:24am On Nov 01, 2014
I don't have anything to say,but come February 2015, let the better candidate emerge the winner.
Re: What The Youth Should Know About Gen. Muhammadu Buhari by tit(f): 7:28am On Nov 01, 2014
This Domkat Bali talking about the 1983 coup:
The support of all officers was needed and this group led by Buhari set out to get as many people as they could to their side. There was a man they needed and someone was sent to him. Domkat Bali was the man and the man who went to discuss the coup possibility was Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida. Bali had told Babangida to still give the politicians time to sort themselves out; but after the 1983 election, Buhari met with Bali on the latter's way to Langtang, he raised the issue of the coup again, it was then it became clear to Bali that Babangida was just delivering message, Bali of course consented and few days later, they struck.

Buhari is not only a criminal murderous coup-plotter but a thief.
When he was head of NNPC, $2.8 billion developed legs and walked out away.

It was his stint as head of NNPC that made him plot to overthrow Shagari.
He put the clueless David West, who sold his soul for a cup of tea and gold wristwatch - like his forefathers who sold their brothers into slavery for whiskey and mirrors.

Under Abacha, Buhari's greed did not allow him to seat down. He jumped into PTF to squander all the money. The only tangible achievement of PTF after ten years is rotten hospital mattresses.

1 Like

Re: What The Youth Should Know About Gen. Muhammadu Buhari by chamboy(m): 10:16am On Nov 01, 2014
tit:
This Domkat Bali talking about the 1983 coup:
The support of all officers was needed and this group led by Buhari set out to get as many people as they could to their side. There was a man they needed and someone was sent to him. Domkat Bali was the man and the man who went to discuss the coup possibility was Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida. Bali had told Babangida to still give the politicians time to sort themselves out; but after the 1983 election, Buhari met with Bali on the latter's way to Langtang, he raised the issue of the coup again, it was then it became clear to Bali that Babangida was just delivering message, Bali of course consented and few days later, they struck.

Buhari is not only a criminal murderous coup-plotter but a thief.
When he was head of NNPC, $2.8 billion developed legs and walked out away.

It was his stint as head of NNPC that made him plot to overthrow Shagari.
He put the clueless David West, who sold his soul for a cup of tea and gold wristwatch - like his forefathers who sold their brothers into slavery for whiskey and mirrors.

Under Abacha, Buhari's greed did not allow him to seat down. He jumped into PTF to squander all the money. The only tangible achievement of PTF after ten years is rotten hospital mattresses.
do u have Proof for all this allegations
Re: What The Youth Should Know About Gen. Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 1:38pm On Nov 02, 2014
tit:

Buhari is not only a criminal murderous coup-plotter but a thief. When he was head of NNPC, $2.8 billion developed legs and walked out away.

Make these allegations a little more believable: if they are true, let's have admissible and incontrovertible proofs. There are plenty of propaganda in circulation already. We don't want our desperate quest for change to lead us into a messier condition than we already are in. The OP painted an angel, you sketched a demon and you both claim your cameras aren't broken. How close is the subject to either of your images? Help us decide!

1 Like

Re: What The Youth Should Know About Gen. Muhammadu Buhari by MurphyInc(m): 8:08am On Nov 03, 2014
1supremo:

Make these allegations a little more believable: if they are true, let's have admissible and incontrovertible proofs. There are plenty of propaganda in circulation already. We don't want our desperate quest for change to lead us into a messier condition than we already are in. The OP painted an angel, you sketched a demon and you both claim your cameras aren't broken. How close is the subject to either of your images? Help us decide!

I oblige you do more research on who you really want to be in the office come 2015.if you think the current administration is doing so great then you one of the people that wants this country to end.Oh Lord help this Country.
Re: What The Youth Should Know About Gen. Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 11:48am On Nov 03, 2014
MurphyInc:

If you think the current administration is doing so great then you one of the people that wants this country to end.

Typical! Browbeat all fence straddlers to your side; that's the way it is. Thanks all the same.
Re: What The Youth Should Know About Gen. Muhammadu Buhari by nigerianvenom(m): 12:18pm On Nov 03, 2014
Under his watch as PTF Chairman,
what he did in road construction in that
short period hasn't been matched in the last 12
yrs.
list the roads constructed during his tenure.try n convinced me with fact,if not...
i'm waiting
Re: What The Youth Should Know About Gen. Muhammadu Buhari by nigerianvenom(m): 12:21pm On Nov 03, 2014
# He birthed and supervised the
establishment of our existing refineries.

how?
Re: What The Youth Should Know About Gen. Muhammadu Buhari by major466(m): 12:50pm On Nov 03, 2014
Many Nigerian Youths don't know this:
Now, some are lapping up the fable that if Buhari comes in as President, corruption and embezzlement in high places would come to an end. But I think this is like the story of the child and Santa Clause. That reality does not exist now or in the future, because the reality of who Buhari is has been shown to us through his real actions, not by the pictures and images being put out there by his spin-doctors and uncritical supporters. Should I start with the scandal of the N2.8 billion NNPC money that got stolen under his watch as Petroleum Minister and head of NNPC in 1978? Let’s bear in mind that the value of that money in hard currency at the time was more than $3 billion. Under intense public pressure, the Shehu Shagari government, which shortly took over thereafter from the military, set up a Senate probe which traced the money to a London Midland Bank account belonging to Buhari from where the money again got missing. No less than a person of the then Senate Majority Leader and Chairman of the Senate probe panel, Dr Olusola Saraki revealed this in an interview with Vera Ifudu of the Nigerian Television Authority (NTA). When Ifudu reported this, she was clandestinely sacked by the NTA, but the lady went to court and presented all the evidence and won in a case of wrongful dismissal. Saraki till his death never denied what he told the lady. In the end, they settled Ifudu with a big payout to buy her silence.

http://nigeriavillagesquare.com/forum/articles-comments/85817-buharists-their-stockholm-syndrome.html
Buhari is as corrupt as any former military leader.
Re: What The Youth Should Know About Gen. Muhammadu Buhari by nationwide1(m): 1:36pm On Nov 03, 2014
1supremo:
Thank you!
Those who extol this general forget one thing - it's only a dead man that is flawless. Invariably, they have killed Buhari.
Re: What The Youth Should Know About Gen. Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 3:45pm On Nov 03, 2014
Things you never knew about Buhari:
1)He is a religious fanatic
2)He is an advocate of sharia law
3)He stole $2 billion dollars when he was the PTF chairman.
4)He once pulled out a gun during an executive council meeting
5)He toppled a democratic government
6)He resorts to violence once he loses an election,just like the election crisis of 2011
7)He is good at shedding crocodile tears,

Say No To APC!Say No To Buhari!Say No To Tinubu.
Re: What The Youth Should Know About Gen. Muhammadu Buhari by MurphyInc(m): 3:19am On Nov 06, 2014
mikeson12:
Things you never knew about Buhari:
1)He is a religious fanatic
2)He is an advocate of sharia law
3)He stole $2 billion dollars when he was the PTF chairman.
4)He once pulled out a gun during an executive council meeting
5)He toppled a democratic government
6)He resorts to violence once he loses an election,just like the election crisis of 2011
7)He is good at shedding crocodile tears,

Say No To APC!Say No To Buhari!Say No To Tinubu.

All this alegation are false, GMB is not a violent man.people that are killing this country will stop at nothing to lie agaist this man.Let's give him a chance.
Re: What The Youth Should Know About Gen. Muhammadu Buhari by MurphyInc(m): 3:37pm On Nov 30, 2014
All I want is CHANGE !!!

1 Like

Re: What The Youth Should Know About Gen. Muhammadu Buhari by gunners160(m): 3:56pm On Nov 30, 2014
MurphyInc:
All I want is CHANGE !!!
simple.Nigerians don 2 surffer under Jonathan.Lets fite 4 a change
Re: What The Youth Should Know About Gen. Muhammadu Buhari by MurphyInc(m): 12:31am On Dec 04, 2014
CONTACT US:
Address: 6, Otigba street, computer village, Ikeja.
Phone: 08034012374, 08182879061
What's App: 08182879061
BBM Pin: Pin:2742648
Email: cybercomsystemsng@gmail.com
Twitter: @cybercomsystems
Facebook: facebook.com/cybercomsystemsrepair

(1) (Reply)

In The Just Concluded Gubernatorial Primaries APGA Abia Win With 515 Votes / Survey Confirms Buhari On Track To Win Presidential Elections By Heavy Margins / Inec Admin Head In Imo Caught Thumb Printing For PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.