Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,039 members, 7,863,716 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 01:30 AM

"House Stands By Tambuwal On Defection!" - Victor Ogene (APC) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "House Stands By Tambuwal On Defection!" - Victor Ogene (APC) (27701 Views)

Buhari Meets Tambuwal On Ministerial Nominee / What Victory Means, By Tambuwal, Amaechi, Onu / GEJ Stands By His Single Term Proposition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "House Stands By Tambuwal On Defection!" - Victor Ogene (APC) by greggng: 12:02am On Nov 01, 2014
I am surprise our leaders frm pdp don't seem to understand what rule of law is.impunity is the hallmark of this regime. The constitution is clear about this matter. It says there shall be a speaker chosen amongst the menbers of the house. No mention was made that speaker must come from majority in the house. It is the responsibilty of the house to impeach him if he has comitted impeachable offenses. Defection as far as nigerian polity is concern is not an offence let alone impeachable one. If I may use terry g words. Let pdp chop chicken and die.
Re: "House Stands By Tambuwal On Defection!" - Victor Ogene (APC) by Smooyis(m): 12:12am On Nov 01, 2014
The president should leave Tambuwal to his conscience. Fighting him may earn him more hatred from the northern populace, thereby making lose more votes.
Re: "House Stands By Tambuwal On Defection!" - Victor Ogene (APC) by Athanatos(m): 1:03am On Nov 01, 2014
obailala:
I think the constitution is very clear on this. Yes he was made the speaker as a PDP member but it takes 2/3 of the members to vote or depose a speaker. If PDP is so desperate to have him step down, then they need to raise a 2/3 vote on the floor and I don't think that would be possible now except they resort to massive bribing of greedy APC members.

Besides, I thought Tambuwal had a gubernatorial ambition and doesn't intend to return to the house next year?... If that is the case then his reign is only for a few extra months. I wonder why PDP is losing sleep over this.
brother,section 68(1) of the 1999 constitution posits that the speaker of the HOR "shall vacate" his seat if he crosses over to a party other than that which brought him into power before the expiration of his tenure! What else do people need?

My 2 kobo.
Re: "House Stands By Tambuwal On Defection!" - Victor Ogene (APC) by chyket(m): 2:43am On Nov 01, 2014
I forsee this fight getting very dirty in the next few days.Each group will definitely deplore all the arsenal intheir armouries fo this fight.I dont even forsee the courts settling this as i smell impatience everywhere
Re: "House Stands By Tambuwal On Defection!" - Victor Ogene (APC) by sekzy99(m): 6:11am On Nov 01, 2014
i need a job onboard a ship, studied marine engineering. Have my stcw 95,medical n discharge book ready. Momlilyseyi@gmail.com or 08023373302Thanks
Re: "House Stands By Tambuwal On Defection!" - Victor Ogene (APC) by rallymento(m): 7:05am On Nov 01, 2014
legendsilver:

Bros, ur start gave me interest only to discover that you are among those corrupt Nigerians who only support a corrupt Government like this. Just because you are scared that the Government of GBM will expose all corrupt people, so u prefer to mortgage ur future Generation. God is watching
If I am to be biased with my GEJ's Achievement you would have seen me mention things like improved health care, quality education, Security and the rest. But I had to stick mainly on what I have benefitted from GEJ's tenure and what I have seen close relatives and friends benefitted as well. Both GEJ and GMB doesn't know I exists, I am the one that know they exists therefore it is my job to decide who governs me. GMB if given the presidency on a platter of Gold he will not and can never supersede OBJ's efforts talk more of GEJ. I have no fears for anybody, whoever that becomes the GCFR can't stop me from hustling and eating daily. It pains me when i see husbands that can't govern there little family and wives that can't control their few children, young guys and ladies that can't put their priorities in order coming here to say GEJ is daft, clueless, etc,.....smh. For the records apart from Gen Gowon's regim no other government has suffered great unrest like GEJ, and this is because in the movers and shakers of the country can't believe that a mere lecturer can attain such height.
Re: "House Stands By Tambuwal On Defection!" - Victor Ogene (APC) by Myself2(m): 11:14am On Nov 01, 2014
obailala:
I thought Tambuwal had a gubernatorial ambition and doesn't intend to return to the house next year?... If that is the case then his reign is only for a few extra months. I wonder why PDP is losing sleep over this.

It's all politics man,they want to make him and the APC urchins and goons lose sleep,,,,,,,,,and it's working cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: "House Stands By Tambuwal On Defection!" - Victor Ogene (APC) by legendsilver(m): 12:02pm On Nov 01, 2014
rallymento:

If I am to be biased with my GEJ's Achievement you would have seen me mention things like improved health care, quality education, Security and the rest. But I had to stick mainly on what I have benefitted from GEJ's tenure and what I have seen close relatives and friends benefitted as well. Both GEJ and GMB doesn't know I exists, I am the one that know they exists therefore it is my job to decide who governs me. GMB if given the presidency on a platter of Gold he will not and can never supersede OBJ's efforts talk more of GEJ. I have no fears for anybody, whoever that becomes the GCFR can't stop me from hustling and eating daily. It pains me when i see husbands that can't govern there little family and wives that can't control their few children, young guys and ladies that can't put their priorities in order coming here to say GEJ is daft, clueless, etc,.....smh. For the records apart from Gen Gowon's regim no other government has suffered great unrest like GEJ, and this is because in the movers and shakers of the country can't believe that a mere lecturer can attain such height.
Nice comment, God help us all
Re: "House Stands By Tambuwal On Defection!" - Victor Ogene (APC) by Adayo11(m): 7:50pm On Nov 02, 2014
CHOI... DEM DON PROVOKE OGA PATRICK
Whatever may be the oracular oration of the
police in denuding Tambuwal of his security
apparatchik, this is one diaphanous exempli
gratia of scabrous impunity, institutional
desecration and executive apacheism which
must be pooh poohed by all compos mentis
homosapiens and its hereby pooh poohed and
remains pooh poohed.....
~ Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Revealed: Real Reasons Buhari Chose His SGF, COS - Nigerian Tribune / Buhari: Chinonso Obasi Reveals Information He Got On President’s Health / EFCC Seizes Passport Of Joe Agi For Paying $30,000 Into Onnoghen's Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.