Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,478 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

The Senate President And A State Governor: Who Has More Authority And Powers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Senate President And A State Governor: Who Has More Authority And Powers (1448 Views)

Funny.. Meet Pdp Governor Who Is In Love With President Buhari. / Six PDP And Two APC Senators Lose Their Seats In The Senate / Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Senate President And A State Governor: Who Has More Authority And Powers by Nobody: 1:37pm On Oct 30, 2014
I recently heard some guys argue about this. Fellow nairalanders, i like to what your takes are
Re: The Senate President And A State Governor: Who Has More Authority And Powers by kadas01(m): 1:52pm On Oct 30, 2014
Of course, the senate president has more powers than a state governor both at "state level" and "central level"! The senate president is number 3 in heirachy in the whole country! It's only an "ordinary senator" that a state governor can flex muscles with!

The above mentioned is what is obtainable in Nigeria democracy! I don't know how other democracy(s) operate theirs!

1 Like

Re: The Senate President And A State Governor: Who Has More Authority And Powers by derrick333(m): 1:55pm On Oct 30, 2014
Sanate presido is. D 3rd citizen NA,it has fedral power,v u heard of ani sanate presidnt aspiring2bcom govnor?vnt u seen x govmors vying 4d post of senate?

1 Like

Re: The Senate President And A State Governor: Who Has More Authority And Powers by Orunto: 2:06pm On Oct 30, 2014
STATE GOVERNOR.

1 Like

Re: The Senate President And A State Governor: Who Has More Authority And Powers by FearGodinall: 3:15pm On Oct 30, 2014
Constitutionally,the senate president is the number three man in the country but democratically,the governor wield more power than the senate president because we are operating federal system of government. Anyway that's my opinion.

1 Like

Re: The Senate President And A State Governor: Who Has More Authority And Powers by Nobody: 11:56am On Oct 31, 2014
Derrick buh u knw the sanate president presides over the senate house alone. Buh the gov. presides over lotta things...

Apoints his own commisioners
Assents to the ministerial apointees from his state
Incharge of the entire state allocation
Innitiates a project at will
In position to steal more money than the senate presido
In total control of his state

Infact, if u ask me i'll say its the state governors after the president

The Vice and senate presidents are jst ceremonial number 2 and 3

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News!!!! Bomb Blast Averted In Owerri / 5 Strong Lies Being Peddled Against GMB By PDP. / Jonathan The Only Patriotic President; His Sister Died In A Yenagoa Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.