Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,056 members, 7,818,165 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:20 AM

Where Are The Other Political Parties In Nigeria. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Where Are The Other Political Parties In Nigeria. (2438 Views)

16 Political Parties Endorse Shift In Election Date / Did You Know That GEJ Is Candidate Of 3 Other Political Party / Witches Declare War On Boko Haram, And Warn Other Political Stakeholder. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Are The Other Political Parties In Nigeria. by MORNDEW(m): 2:47pm On Oct 30, 2014
One of the beauty of democracy, is the presence of opposition. Its even more exciting and competitive when the oppositions are vibrant and constructive. In Nigeria, there are over 25 registered political parties, (INEC, 2014), but many of them are not vibrant, some even only exist on paper and some others, only surface during elections and only to go back to hibernation afterwards.

Since the emergence of the All Progessive Congress(APC), it seems no other political party exist in the opposition than them. The other two political parties that seem to have some form of recognition, APGA and Labour Party tend to make themselves look like an arm of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party PDP. The rest are so dormant you wonder why they exist. My question is, where are they?

Many will quickly remind me that these other political parties, does not have the finacial power of the ruling party or these other opposition parties, but i must also let them know that money is not the only thing you need to anounce to Nigerains that yes, you are a political party. What is the stand of these political parties on many National issues, like Bokoharam, subsidy removal, sovereign wealth fund, health workers strike, Ebola, Educational tutor’s strike and any other discourse of National importance?

Sometimes the statements/press releases concerning these critical national issues proves that you are on ground, and many of it does not require money. Its so saddening that many political parties exist in this country, and only the voice of the APC and PDP are constantly heard. So many human rights lawyers, activists, political analysts and opinion leaders voices are heard in the country talk more of a group of people whose voices are suppose to echoe far. Where are these political parties? Where is Accord (A),Action Alliance(AA), National Conscience Party (NCP), Democratic People’s Movement(DPP) etc. Who are their publicity secretaries.

A political party without any meaningful contribution or agenda for National development should deregister itself.

Princewill Chimereze Writter, Facilitator, Public Affairs Analyst and Social commentator

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Other Political Parties In Nigeria. by MORNDEW(m): 10:59pm On Oct 30, 2014
Seems they ve been sleeping.
Re: Where Are The Other Political Parties In Nigeria. by lonelydora: 11:00pm On Oct 30, 2014
They died naturally.
Re: Where Are The Other Political Parties In Nigeria. by MORNDEW(m): 7:12am On Oct 31, 2014
lonelydora:
They died naturally.
Am not sure its naturally. I think they causwd their death.

1 Like

Re: Where Are The Other Political Parties In Nigeria. by MORNDEW(m): 1:57pm On Oct 31, 2014
Elcetion is coming and many of then are so silent. Paper parties.
Re: Where Are The Other Political Parties In Nigeria. by MORNDEW(m): 1:09pm On Nov 01, 2014
irunobo2:

You wan fvck abi

Better give ur life to christ
Hmmmm. Am fascinated by your level of vulgar. How do you go about it as a woman. Or are you a guy? It baffles. Anyway do whatever pleases you.
Re: Where Are The Other Political Parties In Nigeria. by Ovamboland(m): 5:14pm On Nov 01, 2014
If Nigerians are savvy people those quiet parties should not get a single vote if they eventually present candidates for any election
Re: Where Are The Other Political Parties In Nigeria. by MORNDEW(m): 11:23pm On Nov 01, 2014
Ovamboland:
If Nigerians are savvy people those quiet parties should not get a single vote if they eventually present candidates for any election
exactly my friend
Re: Where Are The Other Political Parties In Nigeria. by speak2inspire(f): 4:53am On Dec 30, 2014
Good question you just asked.
Re: Where Are The Other Political Parties In Nigeria. by MORNDEW(m): 2:57pm On Jan 04, 2015
speak2inspire:
Good question you just asked.
I wish the political paeties will know this themselves.

(1) (Reply)

Drama As Jonathan Obasanjo, Meet / OPC Set To Hold One-million Man March For President Goodluck Jonathan / I Have Had Enough, Says Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.