Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,056 members, 7,818,164 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

Gsd Skin - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Gsd Skin (2088 Views)

Pure Female Adult German Shepherd Dog (GSD) For Sale!!! / I Am In Need Of A Gsd Male Puppy / Neopoletan,caucasian,rot,alsetian Gsd, For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gsd Skin by italent101: 4:37pm On Oct 30, 2014
@seun @mayorall and others! I need your help with my 8months old gsd 1)I travelled for about a month+when I came back I noticed my dog has his hair falling but it doesn't look like its loosing his hair ***so I decided to call my vet and he said he is changing his hair that's why ***last week I noticed he has a sore on his skin so I took him to d vet's house and he gave him injection and rubbed it with something **days after it started healing****but this evening I noticed his two back legs are pink and like it has small small sore on it! Now my questions are 1)is there anything called (a dog changing his hair 2)what can I give him for his leg (tho will take him back to his vet ttoday)***3)is it because my younger brother bath him llast up to a month now?
Re: Gsd Skin by oluomoadebayo: 4:54pm On Oct 30, 2014
italent101:
@seun @mayorall and others! I need your help with my 8months old gsd 1)I travelled for about a month+when I came back I noticed my dog has his hair falling but it doesn't look like its loosing his hair ***so I decided to call my vet and he said he is changing his hair that's why ***last week I noticed he has a sore on his skin so I took him to d vet's house and he gave him injection and rubbed it with something **days after it started healing****but this evening I noticed his two back legs are pink and like it has small small sore on it! Now my questions are 1)is there anything called (a dog changing his hair 2)what can I give him for his leg (tho will take him back to his vet ttoday)***3)is it because my younger brother bath him llast up to a month now?

I think your dog is shedding and you have nothing to worry about provided you are feeding him well.
Re: Gsd Skin by italent101: 4:58pm On Oct 30, 2014
oluomoadebayo:

I think your dog is shedding and you have nothing to worry about provided you are feeding him well.
thanks bro what about d pink on his legs and d pink has some spots like sore
Re: Gsd Skin by oluomoadebayo: 5:11pm On Oct 30, 2014
italent101:
thanks bro what about d pink on his legs and d pink has some spots like sore
nothing to worry about.
Re: Gsd Skin by Seun(m): 5:18pm On Oct 30, 2014
Yes, German Shepherds are known for shedding hair but I don't think sore-like spots are normal.
Can you upload a picture of the spots? What did your vet doctor say about the spots? Also, what do you feed him?
Re: Gsd Skin by oluomoadebayo: 5:23pm On Oct 30, 2014
Seun:
Yes, German Shepherds are known for shedding hair but I don't think sore-like spots are normal.
Can you upload a picture of the spots? What did your vet doctor say about the spots? Also, what do you feed him?

I usually have the sore like experience with my male dog and it disappears in days. I think it's caused by the hard surface floor the dog are sleeping on and during shedding no hair to protect the area.
Re: Gsd Skin by Seun(m): 5:26pm On Oct 30, 2014
oluomoadebayo:
I usually have the sore like experience with my male dog and it disappears in days. I this its caused by the hard surface floor the dog are sleeping on and during shedding no hair to protect the area.
This makes sense, but I feel it will be safer for the OP to upload pics so we can be 100% sure it's the same kind of sore.
If it's the same kind of sore then we can advise him to provide soft surfaces for his dogs to sleep on during this period.
Re: Gsd Skin by italent101: 5:29pm On Oct 30, 2014
oluomoadebayo:

nothing to worry about.
okay thanks so much
Re: Gsd Skin by italent101: 5:30pm On Oct 30, 2014
Seun:

This makes sense, but I feel it will be safer for the OP to upload pics so we can be 100% sure it's the same kind of sore.
If it's the same kind of sore then we can advise him to provide soft surfaces for his dogs to sleep on during this period.
will do that now
Re: Gsd Skin by italent101: 5:31pm On Oct 30, 2014
oluomoadebayo:

I usually have the sore like experience with my male dog and it disappears in days. I this its caused by the hard surface floor the dog are sleeping on and during shedding no hair to protect the area.
yea his cage is cemented
Re: Gsd Skin by oluomoadebayo: 5:35pm On Oct 30, 2014
italent101:
yea his cage is cemented

Post the picture as advised and you can spread sawdust to the surface for the time being.
Re: Gsd Skin by italent101: 5:51pm On Oct 30, 2014
Aa

Re: Gsd Skin by italent101: 6:09pm On Oct 30, 2014
oluomoadebayo:

Post the picture as advised and you can spread sawdust to the surface for the time being.
that's it
Re: Gsd Skin by italent101: 6:10pm On Oct 30, 2014
Seun:

that's d picture
Re: Gsd Skin by BOUNTYDOG(m): 6:57pm On Oct 30, 2014
You dog has mange, grin
You need to get some stuff for mange from ur vets store and have ur vet deworm him,in severe cases he will be placed on antibiotic.

3 Likes

Re: Gsd Skin by italent101: 7:03pm On Oct 30, 2014
BOUNTYDOG:
You dog has mange, grin
You need to get some stuff for mange from ur vets store and have ur vet deworm him,in severe cases he will be placed on antibiotic.
will take him there tomorrow thanks
Re: Gsd Skin by italent101: 9:11am On Oct 31, 2014
BOUNTYDOG:
You dog has mange, grin
I would love to ask some questions 1)hope d mange won't damage his skin 2)how many days will it take to heal after drugs 3)what's the main cause of the infection
Re: Gsd Skin by oluomoadebayo: 10:10am On Oct 31, 2014
italent101:
I would love to ask some questions 1)hope d mange won't damage his skin 2)how many days will it take to heal after drugs 3)what's the main cause of the infection

Did you bath him recently with any chemicals?
Re: Gsd Skin by italent101: 10:45am On Oct 31, 2014
oluomoadebayo:

Did you bath him recently with any chemicals?
no like a month now ***should have taken his bath last week when I came bk**but weather was cold and it was raining but the vet asked me to bring him today to take his bath
Re: Gsd Skin by oluomoadebayo: 10:47am On Oct 31, 2014
italent101:
no like a month now ***should have taken his bath last week when I came bk**but weather was cold and it was raining but the vet asked me to bring him today to take his bath

The vet knows better but for me I won't worry a bit. You can kernel oil and rob the dog with it.
Re: Gsd Skin by italent101: 10:49am On Oct 31, 2014
oluomoadebayo:

The vet knows better but for me I won't worry a bit. You can kernel oil and rob the dog with it.
thanks! Sent u a pm
Re: Gsd Skin by oluomoadebayo: 11:03am On Oct 31, 2014
italent101:
thanks! Sent u a pm
Replied!

(1) (Reply)

Male 6weeks Caucasian Puppy For Sale ( Super Quality) PICS UPDATED / Jos Biggest And Humble Dog Breeder About To Walk Down The Aisle.g / Pure Breed Rottweiler Puppies For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.