Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,635 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:19 PM

Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria - Education (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria (92307 Views)

Top 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria / Six Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria / Hardest Courses To Get In Nigerian Universities...Warn Your Younger Ones Today! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Markaveli247: 1:09pm On Nov 01, 2014
Whether a course z hard or not z dependent on d skul and lecturer.
To me its:
1. Pharmacy
2. Medicine
3.Engineering
4. Medical Lab
Science
5 Chemistry/biochemistry
6. Architecture
But one thing z certain in all Naija Universities; Lecturers of any Chemistry related courses are ALL SADISTS!!

1 Like

Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by respectment(m): 1:16pm On Nov 01, 2014
Numerouuuno:
OP,how did you come about this conclusion? did you study all those courses and found it hard or what?
please explain cos I assume you just wrote them down because they're presumed to be hard.
my list is...,.......
1) Medicine
2) Physics
3) optometry and dentistry
4) civil engineering
5) mathematics and statistics (abstract maths ain't easy)
6) chemistry[
PS: maybe geology and it's close family

Mathematics is really for HOT brains. You have to deal with spaces TOPOLOGICAL SPACES, HILBERT SPACES,BANACH SPACE and its likes, Am a proud Maths graduate.

2 Likes

Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Numerouuuno: 1:19pm On Nov 01, 2014
respectment:

Mathematics is really for HOT brains. You have to deal with spaces TOPOLOGICAL SPACES, HILBERT SPACES,BANACH SPACE and its likes, Am a proud Maths graduate.
I know about the experience bro,it ain't easy at all,I do pity the exclusive maths students at times, I did maths courses(numerical analysis,real analysis,linear algebra et all) up till 300 level.
I'm a proud Statistics Graduate myself.
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by ibietela2(m): 2:42pm On Nov 01, 2014
airsaylongcon:

Don't mind these stewpid Unis.. I know of Unis where CS students take chemistry and biology

Na wa o, this country is bleeped
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:57pm On Nov 01, 2014
I studied Electrical Electronics Engineering, for me it was not hard, but some people may find the course hard. I believe it's an individual thing, a hard course for someone may be an easy course for another person. But no doubt, Engineering and Medicine, are the most important courses in the world.

1 Like

Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Samgreguc(m): 2:58pm On Nov 01, 2014
MBtom:
D truth is dat any course dats related 2 d human body is very difficult 2 study,dats y dia cut off marks are usually higher dan others...d whole health sector should be respected ( pharmacy, nursing, radiography, medicine,physiology, anatomy, dentistry, physiotherapy, e.t.c)

That's not the reason for the high cut-off.

Population is the reason for high cut off.
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Samgreguc(m): 3:00pm On Nov 01, 2014
Ferisidowu:
[colour=#770077][/color]..... Don't say that Oo its just too obvious that your comment is wrong. Many medicine and surgery aspirants have been compelled to settle for less by conceeding to study dentistry inlieu of their whole heartedly loved MEDICINE.[color=#990000][/color]
U got all wrong bro,,,,,,,

Dentistry is more difficult than Medicine cos they learn almost everythg Medicine do including their own Dentistry courses.

And don't get it wrong, Dentistry is not less, just that Medicine is more popular than it.
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by olorunsogo1: 3:14pm On Nov 01, 2014
What of ofadaricology and semology? They are tough courses too. Lol
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by swazpedro(m): 3:33pm On Nov 01, 2014
poster has baseless opinions
how would u say hardest all courses are challengin but some re tougher its just dat some have limited employment oppurtuinity here but re studied in all higher institutions
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:49pm On Nov 01, 2014
actuarial science should be on the list
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by olorunsogo1: 3:58pm On Nov 01, 2014
Miraclestar:
Guys, you people are really funny,..... My Opinion; in as much as i respect other courses but I tend to believe that there are courses that requires more than d normal study time for a normal human being (say 3-6 hrs a day) to get a good grade maybe 1st Class and there are others in which anything less than a minimum of 12hrs study a day( and i mean itt, try Chemical Engineering Process Calculations, with Transport Phenomena still waiting for Chemical Engineers....#winks) to get a good grade maybe a 2.1 or First Class.....

You only presume. It all depends on self awareness and interest. It is not about the course really, it is more of individual ability. Some guidance and counselling students will still need to read up to 12hrs/day to get good grade while a medical student might not be reading average of 4 hrs in a day for a good grade. My submission!
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:59pm On Nov 01, 2014
actuarial science and economics nko...teampsychology
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by mayorall(m): 4:07pm On Nov 01, 2014
BCH nah die. Have you seeing a situation where lecturer gave a class of 70 students expo and no one among us got C?. All is E, D

BCH 205. Glycolic pathway and others. 100% Questions 2 weeks to exam.
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by 2good(m): 4:19pm On Nov 01, 2014
goldiam:
abeg if history is that simple why re students shying away from the course.starting from secondary school sef.abeg #teamhistoryandinternationalstudies#.and am proud about it any day any time.

Because you will almost certainly not get a high paying job with a history degree so why waste your time?
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Junipero: 4:35pm On Nov 01, 2014
saxywale:

Rocket science is physics+maths= mathematical physics.

LOL. grin You clearly didn't get the humour in my post
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:51pm On Nov 01, 2014
alentyno:
I saw this and a kinda agree with it.

No course studied in the higher institution seems
easy, but some are brutal and can snuff life outta
you.
However, don't get afraid of them. They're
actually interesting. So grab a packet of popcorn as I take you through them.

1. Engineering: the name of this course speaks for itself already. The dudes that study this course eh.....*winks*. It undeniably houses all heavy weight courses in engine faculty like chemical engineering, mechanical, production, petroleum...etc..any guy you see rushing to lecture hall with a punching calculator, they're engine boys o.

2.Medicine: What makes this course challenging, is because you'll be forced to read(jack) like your life depends on the degree of knowledge you obtain from their heavy an bulky textbooks. Some of them actually do go for thanksgiving, when they pass their MBBS exam, that contains Anatomy,physiology and biochem.

3.Biochemistry: people usually think that it's a combination of biology and chemistry. If you're one of such, abeg, it's a wrong impression. You will actually get familiar with Bio molecules and giant Organic structures, that will choke you up. This course requires much logic.
What makes it challenging,is that you'll have to
learn a lot within a short duration. Metabolic
pathways might seem frustrating atimes...*winks*. Another thing about this course is that their lecturers are always sadists, due to long years of studying brutal carbohydrate and enzyme structures.

4.Chemistry: I call this course the power,because these dudes can mix chemical concoctions of Ammonia and HCL and blow everywhere...chem guys, I dey joke o....Its actually one of the most difficult in physical science, because you'll make friends with differential equation in physical chemistry,which will leave you wondering if you're studying maths or chemical reactions.

5.Pharmacy: Its already obvious.don't know where to begin with this course.It overlaps critical aspect of chemistry. You hear stuffs like pharmacokinetics, drug metabolisms etc.

6.Architecture: the funny thing about this course is that it sounds cool and friendly,but when you get in,you know that not all that glitters are gold. You'll get familiar with geometric drawings,optics and so on, which atimes is usually a pain to the ass.

[url=myschool.com.ng/school/news/32337/most-challenging-courses-to-study-in-nigeria.html]Source[/url]
english too aint easy
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Capableben(m): 6:32pm On Nov 01, 2014
Babafaros:

I have a lot of Engineering graduates who are unemployed
serious?
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Babafaros(m): 6:50pm On Nov 01, 2014
Capableben:
serious?
Yap,atleast 5,Still begging God to help them.One ELECT ELECT graduate sef is now teaching physics in a sec sch,imagine
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Drdonzeez(m): 6:56pm On Nov 01, 2014
MBBS is rated the same with BDS in all ramifications.most Nigerian students are just shortsighted.
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Capableben(m): 7:03pm On Nov 01, 2014
Babafaros:

Yap,atleast 5,Still begging God to help them.One ELECT ELECT graduate sef is now teaching physics in a sec sch,imagine
this is serious
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Capableben(m): 7:05pm On Nov 01, 2014
Drdonzeez:
MBBS is rated the same with BDS in all ramifications.most Nigerian students are just shortsighted.

Wats BDS?
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Drdonzeez(m): 7:53pm On Nov 01, 2014
Bachelor of Dental surgery

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Yunisa001(m): 8:11pm On Nov 01, 2014
GetUmad:
Its relative. Its determined by the individuals and the institution. Some courses in some Schools could be a direct walk-over while same course in another institution would be a rocket science. Some Departmental Lecturers in some institutions are just devil-incarnate.

But, generally speaking, if PHYSICS (with its affiliated courses) isn't part of your list then you need to consult your dictionary for the definition of "hard". Damn! That course is so "broadly abstract" and its the bedrock of many other courses a la professions. I hail those who get power to study am.
through talk ooo
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by dawtune(m): 10:00pm On Nov 01, 2014
@OP: where is Geology and Geophysics?..
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by nonsovich(m): 10:09pm On Nov 01, 2014
Chooi what a mess!
U left out geography?or even father geology where u take 52 units per session?
Take those courses @ university of ibadan and knw that there is hell on earth!
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by nonsovich(m): 10:21pm On Nov 01, 2014
nceedaga:
you did not include anatomy... go and ask
med sch dropouts what made them leave.
Lmao.....rotfl...this guy don kill me for here o
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by RENOWNED2(m): 10:33pm On Nov 01, 2014
airsaylongcon:

You are studying computer science for the wrong reason if ur primary aim is to hack. Hacking goes beyond the glam side of breaking and entering illegally! The simple art of putting code together in itself is hacking! And yes I hack code regularly to get problems solved
dude,im just a simple civil engineering student with an interest in hacking.Would prefer to be called a white hat(if you know what i mean)
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:21am On Nov 02, 2014
Konjimatics is the hardest embarassed

1 Like

Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:30am On Nov 02, 2014
Samgreguc:

That's not the reason for the high cut-off.

Population is the reason for high cut off.
Yea, we are sayin d same thing, not evry1 has d brain dese courses require, so dey need 2 seperate d sheeps 4rm d goats... And dey still drop so many of these health students along d line and dump them in other science depts especially BCH,Biochemistry is d main dumping ground... Please dont quote me again,thanks.
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by justi4jesu(f): 12:33am On Nov 02, 2014
Hard courses indeed....the schools and the non-condusive environment makes them appear hard.
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by justi4jesu(f): 12:35am On Nov 02, 2014
Mondisweets:
Konjimatics is the hardest embarassed

Where is it studied? grin
Re: Hardest Courses To Study In Nigeria by slimzy91(m): 5:17am On Nov 02, 2014
Its like geology is easy in other schls since nobody has made mention of it...come to delsu , geology is so difficult, talking abt survey,geotectonics,engineering geology,geochemistry,structural geology just to mention a few...geology has branch in every science courses and that makes it broad

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Female Secondary Students Drink Beer, Celebrate WAEC Final Paper In Cross River / 17 UNILAG Girls Missing After Heading For Party At Lekki - Says Twitter User / Wale Ojoniyi And Mercy Ikwue Sex Scandal Video In Osun State University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.