Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,606 members, 7,851,065 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 01:01 PM

What An Insult! BBC Describe Nigeria As A Tarnished Country. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What An Insult! BBC Describe Nigeria As A Tarnished Country. (3704 Views)

Describe Nigeria In Few Sentences........... / Describe Nigeria's Biggest Problem In One Word! / Describe Nigeria In One Word? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What An Insult! BBC Describe Nigeria As A Tarnished Country. by Nobody: 7:43am On Oct 31, 2014
The British is solely responsible for Nigeria's problems. Are they now regretting why they amalgamated the useless entity?
Re: What An Insult! BBC Describe Nigeria As A Tarnished Country. by Networkingprof: 7:47am On Oct 31, 2014
engrjidex:
Make them call us refurblished self, eh no kosine me.

Abeg, hw much is a cup of Garri Ijebu for your side jare?.
You wont know when tarnish become barnish sometimes somewhere, e good may we follow them bumba2bumba.

1 Like

Re: What An Insult! BBC Describe Nigeria As A Tarnished Country. by BRAV0O(m): 7:50am On Oct 31, 2014
Remember , bbc will not be bias, sentiment or support ur mediocre !! Nuf said

1 Like

Re: What An Insult! BBC Describe Nigeria As A Tarnished Country. by tollu: 8:03am On Oct 31, 2014
Here is what BBC says about Nigeria.....

What do you think when you hear the word Nigeria"? The country's reputation has been tarnished by corruption, email scams and Boko Haram - but when it comes to film and fashion, business in Nigeria is booming

I don't know, perhaps my own comprehension get comma.

How is the reported and quoted above an insult?
A reporter mentioned that Nigeria has a tarnished reputation but things are actually booming and you guys bring out the war drums?

Is this some kind of complex problem?

3 Likes

Re: What An Insult! BBC Describe Nigeria As A Tarnished Country. by viczing(m): 8:17am On Oct 31, 2014
kITATITA:
Unfortunately , I agree with BBC. And we don't seem to realise that we have the power to make a difference. Use our votes wisely and hold our leaders accountable. They get away with everything because they think we can do nothing.

Only foolish people like you can agree with bbc, see even local rwanda has banned bbc from their country due to their rubbish articles is rwanda blind? Mtchew, uk people claiming to know all with there rubbish article, a country u ruled is having insurgency problem you can't help, but during mali's insurgence france intervened asap yall are here writing gibberish to make sure the country divide it won't happen, BBC just know that leave nigeiria 4 us face your people mtchew

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What An Insult! BBC Describe Nigeria As A Tarnished Country. by fr3do(m): 8:48am On Oct 31, 2014
My God! Look at how Nigerians are bending.
Re: What An Insult! BBC Describe Nigeria As A Tarnished Country. by fr3do(m): 9:01am On Oct 31, 2014
berem:
The British is solely responsible for Nigeria's problems. Are they now regretting why they amalgamated the useless entity?

Nigeria is not a useless entity.
Colonialism, amalgamation is bad, but it has been done, we can only correct the inadequacies of our union while we do not loose our guard to these caucasians.

Their criticisms are everything but constructive, very embarrassing facts like our inability to refine oil to meet our needs thereby importing at a loss, or how corrupt African leaders stash their loots in European banks are never discussed on their stations. But if its 'Lagos is a slum' they will ejaaculate over the matter.
Re: What An Insult! BBC Describe Nigeria As A Tarnished Country. by farem: 9:17am On Oct 31, 2014
Re: What An Insult! BBC Describe Nigeria As A Tarnished Country. by Collynzo29: 9:27am On Oct 31, 2014
OP didn't you read the replies from different parts of Africa where the completely disagreed with BBC? Didn't you see all the positives the Zambians, South Africans, Liberians, Ghanaians, Malawians, Kenyans etc had to say about Nigeria and Nigerians?
BBC got the bashing of their lives for that article, not from Nigerians, but other Africans.

1 Like

Re: What An Insult! BBC Describe Nigeria As A Tarnished Country. by Collynzo29: 9:34am On Oct 31, 2014
Some comments
Musango Lungu
I am Zambian and it's just wrong to label a whole country negatively. When I think of Nigeria , the firs thing that comes to my mind is its great writers and poets, Wole Soyinka, Chinua Achebe, Cyprian Ekwensi ,Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, etc etc Edited · Like · 399 · Reply · Yesterday at 06:48 80 replies
Chris Costa Mwangi
Am Kenyan n i love Nigeria.no country is 100% so spare us the crap......Africa we need to start appreciating our continent.. Like · 78 · Reply · Yesterday at 07:12 8 replies
Re: What An Insult! BBC Describe Nigeria As A Tarnished Country. by major466(m): 9:36am On Oct 31, 2014
BBC are jealous of Nigeria.
Re: What An Insult! BBC Describe Nigeria As A Tarnished Country. by Nobody: 9:38am On Oct 31, 2014
viczing:

Only foolish people like you can agree with bbc, see even local rwanda has banned bbc from their country due to their rubbish articles is rwanda blind? Mtchew, uk people claiming to know all with there rubbish article, a country u ruled is having insurgency problem you can't help, but during mali's insurgence france intervened asap yall are here writing gibberish to make sure the country divide it won't happen, BBC just know that leave nigeiria 4 us face your people mtchew

I'd rather you don't call me foolish. Tell me one African country that got better after independence. Compare with India, Malaysia, the UAE, etc. Do you know the name of your local government chairman? Can you pick the phone and call ANY of your elected officers? Will they receive you or your ideas? The people who snatch ballot papers, thumb print ballot papers and harass political opponents are the youths. Is that the future with such mentality? The gloomy prospect of the Nigerian youth is significantly displayed on the picture of a young man celebrating democracy with a bag of rice balanced on his head. Tell your children that you sold their future for a bag of rice.

4 Likes

Re: What An Insult! BBC Describe Nigeria As A Tarnished Country. by Collynzo29: 9:39am On Oct 31, 2014
The only negative comment about Nigeria in the comment section of that article was unsurprisingly from a Yoruba man.
Others (mainly non-Nigerians) had nothing but good to say.
Juliette Savita
I have been a friend to most Nigerians here in South Africa and one thing i have learnt about them is that they are proud African people who embrace the sense of being African with much pride, yes every
Country has it's own share of bad seeds but majority of Nigerian people are good people with very creative and resourceful minds. A Nigerian can be educated with so many degrees but you will never take Nigeria out of them. I have seen some educated people in my country who wants to copy everything Western but not Nigerians. They are proud AFRICAN and they rubbed off this on me. AM PROUD ZAMBIAN!!!!! Edited · Like · 31 · Reply · Yesterday at 12:50 4 replies
Ntubungu Shekina Lifumbela
Wen I hear of nigeria I think of jx getn on a plan n go there,I luv de country de food they eat maks me go wow dats africa n de pipo...wud really luv 2hv frnds 4rm nigeria #OneAfrica!! Like · 28 · Reply · Yesterday at 07:11 22 replies
Re: What An Insult! BBC Describe Nigeria As A Tarnished Country. by Collynzo29: 9:41am On Oct 31, 2014
More...
Ibrahim Oroni
I am Kenyan and Nigeria to me means a country brimming with creative minds.
Nigerian arts, paricularly Literature, rocks: Chinua (RIP), Soyinka, Adichie Ngozi, Chibundu, Oyeyemi
etc. Edited · Like · 13 · Reply · Yesterday at 06:58
Mubanga Lecrae Phiri
Nigeria is not that bad there are loads of good things that u've left, mind you Nigeria is leading wen it comes to entertainment, GDP and they are great writers.. as a zambian i love 9ja. Like · 12 · Reply · Yesterday at 07:28 5 replies
Re: What An Insult! BBC Describe Nigeria As A Tarnished Country. by onoja12: 10:11am On Oct 31, 2014
then examine your head,cause if we want to call countries name,i don't think the british are in a position to insult anybody because they have done the greatest evil in this world,and for you to be taking Q from people who enslaved your fathers and still steal from you till today,is heat bogging.Nigeria may not be prefect like any other country in the world but we are defiantly far better than the british

kITATITA:
Unfortunately , I agree with BBC. And we don't seem to realise that we have the power to make a difference. Use our votes wisely and hold our leaders accountable. They get away with everything because they think we can do nothing.
Re: What An Insult! BBC Describe Nigeria As A Tarnished Country. by hugoart(m): 10:15am On Oct 31, 2014
I'm a Nigerian.

And I agree.

Jonathan has destroyed it forever.
Re: What An Insult! BBC Describe Nigeria As A Tarnished Country. by Nobody: 10:19am On Oct 31, 2014
Truckpusher:
Coming from the media house of a country that plundered Nigeria and equally forced a people with different ideology and culture to make up a country all for their economic gains, control of resources and even go as far as denying a certain region their right to self determination - The West and their media houses can rot in hell for all I care.

Fuccking hypocrites.
Cry babies. You're talking as if south Africa, canada, india. Malaysia .. .. Etc were never colonized. If you're still blaming the West for your problem 55yrs after independence, then you need a mental state examination...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What An Insult! BBC Describe Nigeria As A Tarnished Country. by Theultimate(m): 10:23am On Oct 31, 2014
slimfit1:

Because you hardly find anything good coming out of Nigeria.
....Of which you're one
Re: What An Insult! BBC Describe Nigeria As A Tarnished Country. by Theultimate(m): 10:23am On Oct 31, 2014
slimfit1:

Because you hardly find anything good coming out of Nigeria.
....Of which you're one
Re: What An Insult! BBC Describe Nigeria As A Tarnished Country. by slimfit1(m): 10:24am On Oct 31, 2014
Theultimate:

....Of which you'one

No time for foolish people brother.

1 Like

Re: What An Insult! BBC Describe Nigeria As A Tarnished Country. by Nobody: 10:27am On Oct 31, 2014
Insult to what? This country is already a joke.

1 Like

Re: What An Insult! BBC Describe Nigeria As A Tarnished Country. by Truckpusher(m): 10:33am On Oct 31, 2014
Darlene1:

Cry babies. You're talking as if south Africa, canada, india. Malaysia .. .. Etc were never colonized. If you're still blaming the West for your problem 55yrs after independence, then you need a mental state examination...
You apparently lack basic understanding to comprehend simple written words.

Which of the glorified caves did you crawl out from again? undecided tongue grin
Re: What An Insult! BBC Describe Nigeria As A Tarnished Country. by Theultimate(m): 10:43am On Oct 31, 2014
hugoart:
I'm a Nigerian.

And I agree.

But if GEJ leave, Nigeria name will change immediately even if Successor is on his first day, week, or month.
Nigeria sha!
Re: What An Insult! BBC Describe Nigeria As A Tarnished Country. by Theultimate(m): 10:44am On Oct 31, 2014
hugoart:
I'm a Nigerian.

And I agree.

But if GEJ leave, Nigeria name will change immediately even if Successor is on his first day, week, or month.
Nigerians sha!
Re: What An Insult! BBC Describe Nigeria As A Tarnished Country. by 5thNOTE: 12:05pm On Oct 31, 2014
ruffp:
Are they wrong?
not at all
Re: What An Insult! BBC Describe Nigeria As A Tarnished Country. by iamrealdeji(m): 12:34pm On Oct 31, 2014
Theultimate:

U decides!

You decides? Hiroshima!!!
Re: What An Insult! BBC Describe Nigeria As A Tarnished Country. by iamrealdeji(m): 12:49pm On Oct 31, 2014
ruffp:
Are they wrong?
At least kon tie bowa lasiri diie,for the fact that they colonized us,what about they themselves that pay heavy taxes to queen and her family?
Re: What An Insult! BBC Describe Nigeria As A Tarnished Country. by somadienah(m): 1:54pm On Oct 31, 2014
When u have a Glorified Local government chairman as President , wat do u Expect

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Drops Bombshell On Igbos & The Civil War / Ejima Bridge, Japan / Throwback Photo: Former Kano Governor Abubakar Rimi At A Rally In 1979

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.