Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,100 members, 7,867,163 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 11:36 AM

2015 Politics Claiming The Lives Of Our Loved Ones In Mubi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015 Politics Claiming The Lives Of Our Loved Ones In Mubi (779 Views)

President Jonathan Rocks Military Uniform During Visits To troops In Mubi (pic) / Abducted Chibok Girl Found In Mubi / Obasanjo's Son Shot In Mubi By Boko Haram - Saharareporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015 Politics Claiming The Lives Of Our Loved Ones In Mubi by amsad19(m): 7:15am On Oct 31, 2014
This morning as early as 5 a.m. I and my Personal
Assistant left Yola on our way to Maiha, luckily for me a
good Samaritan had allowed my daughter the use of
his phone and we spoke.
I told her exactly where to wait. By 8.40am we met
them weak, tired and with swollen feet. We were
supposed to be joyful but honestly we were not.
The magnitude of the humanitarian disaster that we
saw is better imagined than witnessed.
Men, women and Children some as young as a day old
were moving along the road heading for Pella from
where they hope to connect to Yola or other safer
locations.
It was a human catastrophe of monumental
proportions. Some headed their cattle and other
domestic animals on the journey to the unknown.
I saw about three children all less than 5 years old who
had lost contact with their parents. I saw a woman in
Labour.
I saw danger, I saw naked fear in the eyes of the
people as they moved towards an unknown
destination, I saw despondency and hopelessness.
The worst picture I saw is that of soldiers running
away; soldiers and civilians competed in entering a
tipper in Maiha!
I was dumbfounded!
Some of the soldiers begged us to take them but We
couldn't as there was no space in our vehicle.
The Mararraban Pella junction has now turned out to
be a Military cantonment of some sort. Hundreds of
Soldiers and their hardware are holed up there.
As we drove back, several things came to My mind.
How did this masifat start? When will this end? Who
will end it? How come our gallant soldiers run away
from combat? Who supplies the insurgents their
superior weapons? How come there is no word from
the Military Authorities on the latest attack on MUBI?
Meanwhile fighting is still going on in areas around
Vimtim. The insurgents are bent on reaching the
residence of the Chief of Defense Staff.
As of yesterday the safest place around Mubi was
Vimtim but by today that may not be the case. The
main market in Mubi was bombed this morning with
heavy losses in terms of goods but no reported
casualties.
I got across to one Iliya Mai Zane who went and saw
the damage in the market. Farmlands were also
abandoned.
One Isaac Inuwa a Pastor and Assistant General
Overseer of Triumph of Faith Church in Lamorde Mubi
who went to pick his kid from a private school was
reportedly killed by the insurgents yesterday in the
presence of his wife.
Many people trapped in the town including my
colleagues and some students of Adamawa State
University, Mubi are without electricity, water, food or
other essentials.
Those running to Yola do not know where to go. It's a
monumental disaster that is hidden by all the noise
about the politics of 2015 elections.
Another worry expressed by our people is the silence
of Government owned Media in the face of these
disasters.
Where is their social responsibility to our people?
What of the so called Media Center? We are waiting.

Re: 2015 Politics Claiming The Lives Of Our Loved Ones In Mubi by oduastates: 7:18am On Oct 31, 2014
Hmm .
May olodumare be with you all.
We feel your pain.
Nobody deserves to be put through this kind of ordeal either by the terrorists or the government .
Keep safe.
These are the sort of pictures we use to see from central Africa ( Rwanda,Congo etc).
But we are not surprised because we have an Obongo in power.
Re: 2015 Politics Claiming The Lives Of Our Loved Ones In Mubi by amsad19(m): 7:28am On Oct 31, 2014
We really need prayers. This nairaland is controlled by PDP atleast a single topic on mubi is supposed to be on f.p but they just keep it here. The lord will see us through

1 Like

Re: 2015 Politics Claiming The Lives Of Our Loved Ones In Mubi by LegatusGlaber(m): 7:34am On Oct 31, 2014
Oh my Goodness!
Re: 2015 Politics Claiming The Lives Of Our Loved Ones In Mubi by tbaba1234: 7:46am On Oct 31, 2014
There is a monumental crisis and all we hear in the news is this stupid politics.

Our soldiers are running away from BH now. The house of our Chief of Defence Staff at vimtim has been overrun.

We need to recognise this crisis.
Re: 2015 Politics Claiming The Lives Of Our Loved Ones In Mubi by Nobody: 7:51am On Oct 31, 2014
Nawao! This is serious o!

God please save thy children.

embarassed embarassed
Re: 2015 Politics Claiming The Lives Of Our Loved Ones In Mubi by brownlord: 7:54am On Oct 31, 2014
They are not ready, all i see in this write up is plenty grammer, when they ready to purge out boko haram, they themselves will act and not wait for fg.

for now, boko haram are freedom fighters
Re: 2015 Politics Claiming The Lives Of Our Loved Ones In Mubi by Arch1: 7:55am On Oct 31, 2014
A large portion of the Nigerian territory is in the control of insurgents.
Re: 2015 Politics Claiming The Lives Of Our Loved Ones In Mubi by Qelvin(m): 7:57am On Oct 31, 2014
Arch1:
A large portion of the Nigerian territory is in the control of insurgents.
point of correction NORTHERN NIGERIA.

1 Like

Re: 2015 Politics Claiming The Lives Of Our Loved Ones In Mubi by Arch1: 7:57am On Oct 31, 2014
brownlord:
They are not ready, all i see in this write up is plenty grammer, when they ready to purge out boko haram, they themselves will act and not wait for fg.

for now, boko haram are freedom fighters
Who isnt ready?

Isnt the locals of the NorthEast who constititute the Civil JTF that fight againt the insurgents or the Nigerian army that take to their heels whenever they see columns of Boko Haram insurgents approaching?
Re: 2015 Politics Claiming The Lives Of Our Loved Ones In Mubi by Arch1: 7:58am On Oct 31, 2014
Qelvin:

point of correction NORTHERN NIGERIA.
Is Northern Nigeria not part of Nigeria again?
Re: 2015 Politics Claiming The Lives Of Our Loved Ones In Mubi by engrfcuksmtin(m): 8:03am On Oct 31, 2014
........................don't want to be attacked by TANoids, PDP and GEJ till2019 dogs............I would `ve say...........

ti eru ba joba eniyan o ni ku kan
Re: 2015 Politics Claiming The Lives Of Our Loved Ones In Mubi by lonelydora: 8:06am On Oct 31, 2014
Result of man-know-man employment in the military. In Israel, some IDF soldiers are not from Israel and they took oath to protect another man's country. But look at our military, no one wants to die in combat.

Nigerians waiting for God to come down and help them since 1960.
Re: 2015 Politics Claiming The Lives Of Our Loved Ones In Mubi by Raiders: 8:07am On Oct 31, 2014
Meanwhile, GEJ is more concern about removing the speaker from office while hundreds of Nigerians are killed in Mubi.

(1) (Reply)

POLL - Let's Say Its 2015 Presidential Election, Kindly Cast Your Vote. / Photos: Gov. Fashola Unveils Lagos Resident Rard / Breaking News: Explosion Rocks Kano Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.