Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,874 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

Only Ribadu Can Challenge My Appointment, Says Efcc Boss - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Only Ribadu Can Challenge My Appointment, Says Efcc Boss (726 Views)

Letter To President Buhari Warns Against EFCC Boss Lamorde And Senator Akpabio / Tinubu, Akande Made My Appointment Possible – Lawal, SGF / UNDER GEJ, Even EFCC Boss Is Accused Of Corruption — Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Only Ribadu Can Challenge My Appointment, Says Efcc Boss by snazzy82(m): 8:53am On Nov 19, 2008
ABUJA—The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) Chairman, Mrs Farida Waziri, yesterday pleaded with an Abuja high court to dismiss the legal actions instituted by Chief Gani Fawehinmi challenging her appointment on the account that only her predecessor, Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, has the locus standi to challenge his replacement before the court.
She dismissed the radical Lagos lawyer who brought the suit as a meddlesome interloper who should not be heard.

Addressing the court yesterday, counsel to the EFCC Chairman, Mr. Chile Okoroma, said that it would be synonymous to crying more than the bereaved for Gani Fawehinmi (SAN) to be concerned about the issue of re-appointment than Mallam Nuhu Ribadu himself.

He maintained that Chief Gani Fawehinmi had not only failed to establish his locus but that he had also failed to prove before the court that he was interested in occupying the office of the EFCC chairman or how the appointment of Waziri as EFCC boss affected him as a person.

Okoroma submitted that being a Senior Advocate of Nigeria was not sufficient enough to cloth Chief Fawehinmi with the locus standi to maintain the suit.

According to him, “Being a Senior Advocate, tax payer or even a presidential candidate of the National Conscience Party, does not place him on a higher pedestal over and above an average tax payer, any other SAN, or party aspirants.

“I therefore submit that this action is a waste of court’s time as the plaintiff has no civil right and obligation to be protected by this court by virtue of this suit,” he added.
Earlier, counsel to President Yar’Adua, Mr. Simon Egede had submitted yesterday, that it was evident that Nuhu Ribadu was never re-appointed by the president for a second four-year term after his tenure expired in 2003.

Re: Only Ribadu Can Challenge My Appointment, Says Efcc Boss by Nobody: 9:15am On Nov 19, 2008
Addressing the court yesterday, counsel to the EFCC Chairman, Mr. Chile Okoroma, said that it would be synonymous to crying more than the bereaved for Gani Fawehinmi (SAN) to be concerned about the issue of re-appointment than Mallam Nuhu Ribadu himself.

Weak and cowardly nigerians are the bereaved; not Ribadu and definitely not Gani.
So, if any one of them decides to fight for the bereaved, why not allow him?
Re: Only Ribadu Can Challenge My Appointment, Says Efcc Boss by olanajim(m): 5:51pm On Nov 19, 2008
she needs help,
Re: Only Ribadu Can Challenge My Appointment, Says Efcc Boss by bawomolo(m): 5:57pm On Nov 19, 2008
nuzo:

Weak and cowardly nigerians are the bereaved; not Ribadu and definitely not Gani.
So, if any one of them decides to fight for the bereaved, why not allow him?

it should be the senate and not gani fawehmi challenging this appointment. Gani should learn to pick his battles rather than look like a town crier

(1) (Reply)

Efcc Suspends Director Over Illegal Money Transfers / I Can’t Stop Police, Efcc From Investigating You, Court Tells Ribadu / Only Court Can Reinstate Ribadu - Okiro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.