Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,336 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:53 AM

Please Help With Accommodation Wahala - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Help With Accommodation Wahala (964 Views)

Bedroom Wahala / Nigerian Housemaid Wahala!!! / Mother- In- Law Wahala - What Would You Do If Your Mum Did This ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help With Accommodation Wahala by Nobody: 12:27pm On Oct 31, 2014
Good afternoon guys, please I need matured advice and solution from family section nairalanders... I believe this is the section I'll get matured and meaningful contributions(no offence to other sections)

I'm a young guy in my early twenties, my house rent expires in a few weeks time and I can't renew cos the house is dilapidated and there are so many other issues and my worst fear is that it might probably collapse soon.

I currently work in the Island and at the moment I have been able to save up money to rent a self contain or mini flat (150-200k) but the problem is that I'm stopping work in a few months time and from January I'm focusing full time on 2 businesses I've been doing freelance on the side while at my current job. It's something I'm passionate about and I know within a few months I'll find my feet. The problem is that I don't know if I should go ahead and rent the house with all the available funds I have knowing fully well that next year Jan will be tough and it will take me a few months to find my feet in my biz since I won't have a sure monthly income coming in again.

Secondly, I'm also using this opportunity to appeal to anyone in the family section that has a room in a flat to rent out to me or a boys quarter around Yaba, Surulere, or anywhere in the Island. I can afford to pay up to 100k for 1 year if I can find this kind of offer then I'll also have enough funds to last me for a few months till I get off my feet with my biz and focus on my projects next year.
Please I need advice on the first part and if anyone can help me out in the second part, you can drop me your details so I can send you more information about myself.
Incase it makes any difference, I'm an old member just created this account for privacy would provide any information needed and answer any questions.
Thanks and God Bless you as you advice or provide a solution...
Re: Please Help With Accommodation Wahala by jaybee3(m): 12:31pm On Oct 31, 2014
HumansOfLagos:

my house rent expires in a few weeks’ time and I can't renew cos the house is dilapidated and there are so many other issues and my worst fear is that it might probably collapse soon.
You’ve already concluded that this isn’t an option

HumansOfLagos:

I currently work in the Island and at the moment I have been able to save up money to rent a self-contain or mini flat but the problem is that I'm stopping work in a few months’ time and from January I'm focusing on 2 business I've been doing freelance on the side while at my current job. The problem is that I don't know if I should go ahead and rent the house with all the available funds I have knowing fully well that next year Jan will be tough and it will take me a few months to find my feet in my biz since I won't have a sure monthly income coming in again.
What sort of income is the freelance gig bringing at the moment?
Why do you have to go all the way to the Island if your current employment is coming to an end in a few months’ time?
How about finding a cheaper alternative, perhaps a single room apartment until you are able to find your feet?
Re: Please Help With Accommodation Wahala by 2sa2: 12:38pm On Oct 31, 2014
well be careful not to hand over your 100k to fraudsters.
Re: Please Help With Accommodation Wahala by Nobody: 12:49pm On Oct 31, 2014
jaybee3:

What sort of income is the freelance gig bringing at the moment?
At the moment it doesn't bring much but it brings more than my salary monthly reason I said it doesn't bring much is because it has huge potentials and I've not had time to maximize the potentials. The current work is time consuming and once I stop, I'll focus on this one and I already have plans in place and within a few months it will blossom. One thing is I'm really passionate about it and need to just put in extra work and perfect my craft.
jaybee3:

Why do you have to go all the way to the Island if your current employment is coming to an end in a few months’ time?
Most of the projects I plan on working on next year requires me to stay around the areas I mentioned. If I get accommodation in the outskirts of town, it will mean more money spent on commuting, arriving late, missing schedules etc
jaybee3:

How about finding a cheaper alternative, perhaps a single room apartment until you are able to find your feet?
That's what I planned to but I've been searching for the past 3 weeks spent close to 6k already paying agents but thee ones I've seen so far house rent + agent and commission for a room is over 130k that's why I would prefer if someone can sublet a room in their flat for 100k or thereabout.
Re: Please Help With Accommodation Wahala by Nobody: 1:10pm On Oct 31, 2014
2sa2:
well be careful not to hand over your 100k to fraudsters.
Thanks bro.... I was nearly scammed by one offer I got... let me not digress sha that one na story for another day. That's why I came to family section.... I know I'll find good people here. Please guys I'll prefer the room in a flat I'll be available to meet anyone who wants to ascertain my character. Please 100k for a year or thereabout.
Re: Please Help With Accommodation Wahala by Nobody: 2:46pm On Oct 31, 2014
Help.
Re: Please Help With Accommodation Wahala by Nobody: 3:32pm On Oct 31, 2014
Chai! over 70 views and a few replies.... please guys I'm looking forward to reading your meaningful contributions. Nairaland family section is a big community of lovely and awesome people. Please even if you don't have a room to let you could know someone who does or know someone who knows someone I'll also appreciate your advice please. I know I will get my solution her cos you guys are awesome like that.
Re: Please Help With Accommodation Wahala by Nobody: 12:15pm On Nov 01, 2014
Good morning... please don't view and leave... contribute please.

(1) (Reply)

Sights And Colours From Africa Biggest Street Party, The Calabar Festival / See Photo: You Came Back From Work And Your Mother In Law Did This Your Baby? / Husband Pours Super Glue On Wife's Private Part.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.