Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,701 members, 7,813,301 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:33 AM

A Thief Will Not Be Our Governor —amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Thief Will Not Be Our Governor —amaechi (2001 Views)

Rivers Panel Of Inquiry Indicts Former Governor Amaechi, Others / Open Letter To President Buhari: Chief Timi Alaibe Can’t Be Our Governor / What Governor Amaechi Wore To A Campaign Rally Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Thief Will Not Be Our Governor —amaechi by RICHIEBOI1(m): 1:25am On Nov 01, 2014
Governor Chibuike Amaechi says thief will not succeed him as governor in Rivers State next year. The governor, who spoke yesterday at a rally to celebrate the seventh anniversary of his Supreme Court victory at the Amesiemaka Stadium in Ikwerre local government area of the state, said one of those campaigning to succeed him embezzled the money earmarked for the construction of a road to the stadium in Port Harcourt, the state capital.
“Today I decided to test my popularity. They have made too much noise. The President said we exist in posters and bill boards. So we brought a large bill board for him. If the President is not watching they will give him security report. This stadium is 40,000 sitting capacity, I built it. One of them campaigning for governorship was the contractor to do the road. He abandoned the road and took N3 billion and left. Now he wants to become governor, a thief will not be our governor”, he said.
Amaechi, who lamented the high scale of corruption in the country, said it had assumed what he termed industrial scale, adding that the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, was no longer fighting anti-graft war. “ I challenge them to integrity test, any of them, from Abuja to Rivers State, I challenge them to integrity test. I have worked with them. I have their records, they are in the office of the governor. I challenge them to go ahead. The problem we have is that EFCC is no longer working. Corruption is at its industrial scale. Thieves are thieves, we now have an industry called corruption”, he said.
The governor thanked God that alleged plans to remove him from office failed, noting that he would complete his second term in office.
Amaechi also thanked Justices of the Supreme Court for delivering the judgement that brought him in as governor in 2007. He also thanked his loyalists in the state House of Assembly for their support.
The governor spoke on some of his achievement since he came on board, accusing the Federal Government of frustrating the move by his administration to provide potable water for Port Harcourt.
“We were to give Port Harcourt water. As I am talking to you, the Minister of Finance has refused to move the file back to the executive council for approval so that you can have water. They don’t care for you. Punish PDP with your vote”, he said.
Amaechi lashed out at the Federal Government, saying it had failed the people in several areas. “They said the reason the President is not performing in Rivers is because he is quarrelling with the governor. Okay, what is the quarrel with the governor of Cross River and Akwa Ibom that the road to Cross River is abandoned? . Are they quarrelling too? It is more of lack of performance. “
The governor accused the President of taking some oil wells belonging to Rivers, adding that he did not encourage the state effectively to fight Ebola when it broke out in the state.
“When Ebola broke out, to show you how much the President hates us, he visited Lagos. Did he visit us? He did not care. He wanted all of us to die. And I took it as a challenge and say none of us will die. I brought out money. It took the President at the end of Ebola to give us ordinary 200 million naira. I released one billion, one hundred and six million naira to fight Ebola. See our airport. The President lands there. We are like refugees”, he said.
Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State, Governor Rabiu Musa Kwankwanso of Kano State, National Chairman of the APC, Chief John Odigie Oyegun, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, General Muhamadu Buhari were among dignitaries present at the event.
About 3,000 PDP members decamped to the APC at the occasion and were received by the National Chairman of the party, Oyegun.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/10/thief-will-governor-amaechi/

1 Like

Re: A Thief Will Not Be Our Governor —amaechi by Nobody: 1:31am On Nov 01, 2014
A thief ? So this Cerelac Tata Boy wants to tell us all that he hasnt stolen a kobo from Rivers money ? Those who live in glass houses shouldnt throw stones.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thief Will Not Be Our Governor —amaechi by MudRaker: 1:33am On Nov 01, 2014
FOOL

3 Likes

Re: A Thief Will Not Be Our Governor —amaechi by texazzpete(m): 1:36am On Nov 01, 2014
Billyonaire:
A thief ? So this Cerelac Tata Boy wants to tell us all that he hasnt stolen a kobo from Rivers money ? Those who live in glass houses shouldnt throw stones.

And how does it affect you negatively if they throw stones at each other?

6 Likes

Re: A Thief Will Not Be Our Governor —amaechi by MudRaker: 1:43am On Nov 01, 2014
When all sh1t hits the fan, men like amaechi will be dinning and winning in London and will be invited on CNN, BBC or whatever b.s. mainstream media outlet to get their opinion on how Nigeria slipped into chaos.

This generation of so called leaders is by far the most irresponsible and selfish men to walk the earth.

3 Likes

Re: A Thief Will Not Be Our Governor —amaechi by Gboliwe: 1:47am On Nov 01, 2014
Rotimi is petty like most women, a comedian plus a very bad hearted man.

I actually read through it all. The article I mean.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thief Will Not Be Our Governor —amaechi by agabusta: 1:54am On Nov 01, 2014
This guy is ruthless with words. Kai

1 Like

Re: A Thief Will Not Be Our Governor —amaechi by akinsadeez(m): 2:27am On Nov 01, 2014
Amaechi is mentioning 3 billion naira as if it is 30 thousand naira. So he gave someone 3billion naira, the person stole it and Amaechi remained silent and even still recommended the person for the position of minister. It shows they are both thieves. So if the two of them did not fall out politically, that is how Amaechi would have kept quiet about the three billion.
Chai, God save us from these polithiefcians.

9 Likes

Re: A Thief Will Not Be Our Governor —amaechi by Nobody: 3:50am On Nov 01, 2014
Corruption:

When you spend 1B Naira on just "one" incident of ebola!!!!!

1 Like

Re: A Thief Will Not Be Our Governor —amaechi by anonimi: 3:52am On Nov 01, 2014
akinsadeez:
Amaechi is mentioning 3 billion naira as if it is 30 thousand naira. So he gave someone 3billion naira, the person stole it and Amaechi remained silent and even still recommended the person for the position of minister. It shows they are both thieves. So if the two of them did not fall out politically, that is how Amaechi would have kept quiet about the three billion.

Sorry, they are NOT both thieves.

One is the Chief Thief who dashes a little to his Small Thief.
Amaechi has had budgets of N500 billion annually, which is 10% of the federal budget for taking care of 36 states plus its exclusive constitutional responsibilities. Has Amaechi DELIVERED that amount of services and infrastructure to Rivers state in seven years

Our other state governors have perfected the art of hiding their MASSIVE corruption and dodging their responsibility by shouting and screaming federal government this, president that to divert our attention from the pilferage going on in their area of authority while the oversight, check & balance of state house of assembly lawmakers have been heavily compromised and can do nothing since we, the people they represent are too clueless to bother angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thief Will Not Be Our Governor —amaechi by otokx(m): 4:19am On Nov 01, 2014
Truly the airport is disgraceful

1 Like

Re: A Thief Will Not Be Our Governor —amaechi by dotna(m): 4:28am On Nov 01, 2014
Hmmmm. Harsh words

1 Like

Re: A Thief Will Not Be Our Governor —amaechi by dotna(m): 4:36am On Nov 01, 2014
agabusta:
This guy is ruthless with words. Kai

No b small o.

" corruption industry" is that a private or pubic sector?

2 Likes

Re: A Thief Will Not Be Our Governor —amaechi by anonimi: 7:10am On Nov 01, 2014
RICHIEBOI1:

Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State, Governor Rabiu Musa Kwankwanso of Kano State, National Chairman of the APC, Chief John Odigie Oyegun, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, General Muhamadu Buhari were among dignitaries present at the event.

Is it not a paradox that the supposedly in'CORRUPTible old soldier associates with a brazen THIEF like Amaechi even as he talks carelessly about his corruption shocked

Why do we have such clueless fools as our state governors

- You award contract for road construction and pay upfront angry
- The contractor obviously did not provide deed/guarantee of performance from a bank before advance was released sad
- Finally the contractor did not perform as stipulated in the contract within the specified time frame.
- Yet rather than institute a civil case for breach of contract to retrieve the advance you paid cluelessly plus related damages you are shouting EFCC and corruption industry shocked
- Meanwhile your 'ignorant, backward and uncivilised' tax payers and fellow compatriots are focused on your English drama and use of 'harsh words' angry

Why are we such MUMUS

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thief Will Not Be Our Governor —amaechi by SeverusSnape(m): 7:20am On Nov 01, 2014
This man talks too much nowadays, I used to respect his personality. what changed him?...
Re: A Thief Will Not Be Our Governor —amaechi by iamodenigbo1(m): 7:21am On Nov 01, 2014
between Amaechi and Wike who is the bigger thief?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thief Will Not Be Our Governor —amaechi by Soloter(m): 8:43am On Nov 01, 2014
Billyonaire:
My friend, if Rotimi had defrauded his state, pdp would've roped him in by now.

1 Like

Re: A Thief Will Not Be Our Governor —amaechi by anonimi: 8:49am On Nov 01, 2014
Soloter:

And what is the state house of assembly there for
How many state governors will be roped in without people shouting VICTIMISATION? That was how General Bully_Aminu of Ota did not build our independent democratic INSTITUTIONS. We need to correct that anomaly!

Africa does not need great men, it needs great institutions - Barack Hussein Obama, POTUS

1 Like

Re: A Thief Will Not Be Our Governor —amaechi by Nobody: 8:52am On Nov 01, 2014
Soloter:

When did PDP become The Police Department of the Court of Law ?

2 Likes

Re: A Thief Will Not Be Our Governor —amaechi by Trendy247: 9:17am On Nov 01, 2014
BUT A THIEF IS ALREADY THE GOVERNOR

4 Likes

Re: A Thief Will Not Be Our Governor —amaechi by cyril10(m): 9:57am On Nov 01, 2014
Trendy247:
BUT A THIEF IS ALREADY THE GOVERNOR

A very big thief for that.

3 Likes

Re: A Thief Will Not Be Our Governor —amaechi by whatis1god(m): 10:17am On Nov 01, 2014
akinsadeez:

my brother! Na only God oo
no one of them is a saint
plus the Buharians and the Jonathanians when you check their comment you wil find out they are all thieves together wit the pple the fanned.
Lots of sentiment and abuse in their coment.

God save us from the hands of the wolves in sheeps clothing

1 Like

Re: A Thief Will Not Be Our Governor —amaechi by chamboy(m): 10:21am On Nov 01, 2014
Both of u na thief

1 Like

Re: A Thief Will Not Be Our Governor —amaechi by jmoore(m): 11:17am On Nov 01, 2014
Amaechi the thief, awards contracts to other thieves. grin grin

This clown is a noisemaker.

1 Like

Re: A Thief Will Not Be Our Governor —amaechi by ratiken(m): 11:44am On Nov 01, 2014
Amaechi has reduced himself to a political nonentity. He's currently a liability both to PDP and APC..... but he'll continue to be managed as long as he funds APC party activities. Once he's milked....he'll be dropped.

Who loses in all this?
Amaechi?........ No
GEJ?.................No
PDP. .................No
APC ..................No
Rivers People.......... YES!!!!!

1 Like

Re: A Thief Will Not Be Our Governor —amaechi by major466(m): 1:40pm On Nov 01, 2014
There he goes, the only Clown Gov in Nigeria. Talking nonsense as usual. We are not surprised. I mean, what do we expect from a baby? grin Poo of course.

Baby Rotimi Ameachi spewing rubbish since time immemorial.
Re: A Thief Will Not Be Our Governor —amaechi by major466(m): 1:56pm On Nov 01, 2014
iamodenigbo1:
between Amaechi and Wike who is the bigger thief?
Like the saying goes, 'It takes a thief to identify a thief'. Baby Ameachi by virtue of his position as Gov of one of the richest State in Nigeria is the bigger thief.

1 Like

Re: A Thief Will Not Be Our Governor —amaechi by SLIDEwaxie(m): 2:06pm On Nov 01, 2014
Billyonaire:
they can throw stones as long as it's not big enuff to break the glass..

Besides, Ameachi has been throwing rocks sef, glass no break and people outside dey get hurt grin
That guy must av some secret that's keeping him alive
Re: A Thief Will Not Be Our Governor —amaechi by iamodenigbo1(m): 3:16pm On Nov 01, 2014
major466:

Like the saying goes, 'It takes a thief to identify a thief'. Baby Ameachi by virtue of his position as Gov of one of the richest State in Nigeria is the bigger thief.
thank-you my brother

(1) (Reply)

Evidence That Buhari Went To School (pics) / Hilarious. Governor Fayose Shouldn't See This O...choi! / State Nickname: Listing Of Nigerian State Slogans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.