Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,920 members, 7,817,695 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:28 PM

4 Reasons APC Should Pick Atiku Over Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 4 Reasons APC Should Pick Atiku Over Buhari (1102 Views)

Drama At Senate Over Buhari's #5000 Promise To Unemployed Nigerians / Britain Worried Over Buhari's Sack Of Dr Akilu In NSA's Office- UK Telegraph / Igbo Corper That Converted To Islam Over Buhari Writes Nigerians An Open Letter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Reasons APC Should Pick Atiku Over Buhari by Nobody: 2:10pm On Nov 01, 2014
So, we all know that the All Progressives Congress, APC has
three contenders for its presidential ticket; Muhammadu
Buhari , Atiku Abubakar and the others.
While many of you will like to take sides before hearing the
arguments, i urge you to pause and read 4 reasons why Atiku
should be the APC flagbearer instead of Buhari.
The presidential mortality rate in Africa is 15%. Since 2008, at
least 9 African leaders have died in power. Age has been
identified as a major factor in Africa’s high presidential
mortality rate.
Nigeria cannot afford to have another dead sitting president,
so soon after Late Umaru Yar’Adua (imagine the power tussle
that will come into play). While Buhari’s supporters will like us
to consider his 72 years on earth as an advantage, all I can
think of is bed rest, visit with the grandkids and bedrest.
No doubt, at 68 Atiku stands less chances of dying in office.
Personal Life
Buhari is like a Pandora box. Most Nigerians know absolutely
nothing about him; except what they read in history books.
The former head of state has a knack for disappearing after
every election, only to make an appearance when the next
election is close.
Meanwhile, after his time as Vice President, Atiku has shown
us different sides of him. Atiku has no problem living in public
eyes, sharing his views on issues and interacting with people
from different social classes. We all know he has 30 children
and a good sense of humour.
Who would you prefer; an anonymous president or an open-
book president?
Contribution to community
Atiku loves Nigeria and he shows it in his own little way. Since
leaving office, the former VP has mentored several youths,
doled out scholarships, empowered widows and created
hundreds of jobs.
We only know Buhari loves Nigeria because he said so. The
former head of state keeps hiding under his self-proclaimed
“poverty “ to do no community work .
Proposed Policy
During Buhari’s declaration, he named 10 areas he’ll be
focusing on if he get’s re-elected.
Read: Buhari's declaration speech
Weeks after his declaration, Buhari is yet to let us know how
he intends to achieve his goals. All he keeps harping on is “I
will fight corruption”.
You may not like Atiku but you most certainly have to
commend his strategy. It wasn't enough that he gave a fine
declaration speech, Atiku has gone ahead to present us with a
draft of his policies.
Read: Atiku’s declaration Speech
Read: Atiku’s policy position
You've read the argument. Who would you rather support;
Atiku or Buhari?
#Buhari #Atiku #APC

2 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons APC Should Pick Atiku Over Buhari by biafranqueen: 2:11pm On Nov 01, 2014
While Buhari’s supporters will like us
to consider his 72 years on earth as an advantage, all I can
think of is bed rest, visit with the grandkids and bedrest.
No doubt, at 68 Atiku stands less chances of dying in office.
grin

The former head of state has a knack for disappearing after
every election, only to make an appearance when the next
election is close.
Correct

The
former head of state keeps hiding under his self-proclaimed
“poverty “ to do no community work .
But who wants a poverty minded President, Why did he not write a book or hold speaking engagements that is how American Ex-Prez make money. So with all his discipline he was in poverty

Read: Atiku’s declaration Speech
Read: Atiku’s policy position

“It is also not in doubt that of recent, successive administrations have failed woefully in building the infrastructure that can promote a healthy economy: our education system is in shambles, public health system is in virtual comatose, we have very poor network of roads totally at variance with the wealth of a country that is the seventh oil producer in the world.
I think OBJ should be in jail and I am not a fan of PDP but I did see with my own eyes transformation of roads in every single state. The comatose healthcare system stopped Ebola and if the education system is shambles in most APC states because they finished the money before joining. Anambra educational system is on the up. I know that for sure.

I never hear how they will be progressive, what steps will they take? Just bunch of mouth a few scholarships does not make you a humanitarian those two old men are age mates and need to relax and enjoy being elder statesman.
If Tinubu goes in a coma I think your best bet is Fashola for APC.
Re: 4 Reasons APC Should Pick Atiku Over Buhari by frankyychiji(f): 2:42pm On Nov 01, 2014
APC does not have a presidential material QED.
Re: 4 Reasons APC Should Pick Atiku Over Buhari by Adofaya: 4:14pm On Nov 01, 2014
I prefer Atiku

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons APC Should Pick Atiku Over Buhari by millhouse: 12:13pm On Nov 03, 2014
always
Re: 4 Reasons APC Should Pick Atiku Over Buhari by egift(m): 12:21pm On Nov 03, 2014
PDP will never chose the candidate for APC - the attempt to install Ikimi Failed grin

4 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons APC Should Pick Atiku Over Buhari by major466(m): 1:15pm On Nov 03, 2014
Even if APC field Obama, they will still lose.

2 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons APC Should Pick Atiku Over Buhari by Alexsmith20(m): 2:00pm On Nov 03, 2014
I think Atiku has a better reputation and a better chance of winning compared to buhari...all buhari does is to counter all GEJ actions without coming with a solution.

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons APC Should Pick Atiku Over Buhari by emmasege: 2:27pm On Nov 03, 2014
Only dumb heads with weak minds would prefer buhari to atiku. A man who goes about claiming holier than thou with no tangible manifesto. Besides, I don't even see buhari withstanding d rigours of that office, except he wants to join his brother umaru soon. The grandpa should pls stay at his family house for his grandkids to come visiting.

2 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons APC Should Pick Atiku Over Buhari by Boss13: 2:36pm On Nov 03, 2014
emmasege:
Only dumb heads with weak minds would prefer buhari to atiku. A man who goes about claiming holier than thou with no tangible manifesto. Besides, I don't even see buhari withstanding d rigours of that office, except he wants to join his brother umaru soon. The grandpa should pls stay at his family house for his grandkids to come visiting.

Yea no manifesto only corruption

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons APC Should Pick Atiku Over Buhari by ISpiksDaTroof: 3:08pm On Nov 03, 2014
Alexsmith20:
I think Atiku has a better reputation and a better chance of winning compared to buhari...all buhari does is to counter all GEJ actions without coming with a solution.
I wonder if most of you in Nigeria are crazy. Atiku and his wife are basically wanted people in America because of Governmental corruption. The American politician that was in cahoots with them was sentenced to 13 years in Federal Prison. Google "Rep.William Jefferson", and tell me what you see in relation to Atiku. If Atiku becomes your President, GEJ's antics will be considered minor compared to what his fat fingers will unleash on yall.

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons APC Should Pick Atiku Over Buhari by Nobody: 3:52pm On Nov 03, 2014
Hmmm. If nobody talks about you or hate you then you're a nobody.
Buhari till 2019
Fashola till 2027
Haters you know what to do
Re: 4 Reasons APC Should Pick Atiku Over Buhari by Boss13: 4:03pm On Nov 03, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof:
I wonder if most of you in Nigeria are crazy. Atiku and his wife are basically wanted people in America because of Governmental corruption. The American politician that was in cahoots with them was sentenced to 13 years in Federal Prison. Google "Rep.William Jefferson", and tell me what you see in relation to Atiku. If Atiku becomes your President, GEJ's antics will be small compared to what his fat fingers will unleash in yall.

I understand your concerns and we share the same. I prefer Atiku over Buhari not because I think Atiku is a lesser corrupt politician. We all agree Atiku is corrupt. He amassed wealth during his period in office. However, I believe Atiku will promote better economic development programmes. I have read a bit of his manifesto. I am yet to read Buhari's manifesto if he has one. Ever since it has always been fight corruption. I find that laughable because corruption and Nigeria are now Siamese twins. Corruption has been institutionalise in this country. How will he defeat the corruption in civil services, in NNPC, in the justice system, in the police, in the military, even in private institution. You see I don't think it is impossible. He is yet to talk about economic reform programmes. He is even yet to talk about how he will fight corruption.

I bet you need more money in your pocket than hearing whether a corrupt person has been caught. For now, I may vote for Atiku if he emerges the presidential aspirant of the APC.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Much Ado About American Interest / Bomb Blast In Nigerian School Assembly Kills 48 Children and about 79 injured / Drug Crimes: APC Leader, Bola Tinubu Still A Suspect In The U.S

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.