Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,502 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:22 PM

For The Love Of God, It's "I'm" Not "Am"!!! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / For The Love Of God, It's "I'm" Not "Am"!!! (1166 Views)

The Love Lane- An Eulogy Of The Unilorin Holy Land. / ASUU Is Reckless, Irresponsible, Lawless, And Lacks Fear Of God” – Presidency / It's I'm And Not Am (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

For The Love Of God, It's "I'm" Not "Am"!!! by humanbean: 12:42am On Nov 02, 2014
My people, social media has a way of warping the way we use the English language such that colloquialisms and shortcuts that we use informally start encroaching into formal and official situations.

To cut the long story short, please do not say am when you mean I'm. Its unbelievably infuriating. Imagine seeing such grammatical mistakes in official documentation coming from graduates. Graduates!!!

It is "I'm sure you will enjoy doing business with us" NOT "Am sure you will enjoy doing business with us". Abeg!!!

I'm not Am. Please let us try to keep this in mind and not disgrace the education that we claim to have spent years acquiring. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: For The Love Of God, It's "I'm" Not "Am"!!! by Waspy(m): 12:48am On Nov 02, 2014
Gaddem, its Human being not humanbean

1 Like

Re: For The Love Of God, It's "I'm" Not "Am"!!! by Nobody: 1:06am On Nov 02, 2014
God bless you. It's so irritating.

2 Likes

Re: For The Love Of God, It's "I'm" Not "Am"!!! by Dominionng(m): 1:50am On Nov 02, 2014
Waspy:
cheesy one 'like' for you grin

But 'Gaddem'? undecided
Re: For The Love Of God, It's "I'm" Not "Am"!!! by okpamson15(m): 2:47am On Nov 02, 2014
Login 2 nairaland can never be a waist just look at what i learn now. Noted.
Re: For The Love Of God, It's "I'm" Not "Am"!!! by godofwar666(m): 5:20am On Nov 02, 2014
MrsBreezy:
God bless you. It's so irritating.
hMmmm here she comes, Omg! Oh! tongue
Re: For The Love Of God, It's "I'm" Not "Am"!!! by godofwar666(m): 5:42am On Nov 02, 2014
Corect. wrong
Exhaust. Exaust
Interpret. Interprete
Occasion. Ocassion
Professor proffessor
Kerosene. Kerosine
Grievous. Grivious
Guidance. Guidiance
Movable. Moveable
Accommodation. Accomodation
Definition. Defination
Precede. Preceed
Wrong Amalgamation of Words
Correct. Wrong
In spite. Inspite
At least. Atleast
A lot. A lot

undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: For The Love Of God, It's "I'm" Not "Am"!!! by imsuboi(m): 5:58am On Nov 02, 2014
Am gonna make your life a living hell. tongue

Am just waking up from sleep sha
Am gonna start preparing for church pretty soon
Am gonna brush my teeth grin grin
Am a patriotic Nigerian
Am gonna pray very well in church today
Am so pissed off by this thread grin grin
This thread would mark the birth of the " Am " crew cheesy cheesy

Am
Am
Am
Am
Am
Am

Cry tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: For The Love Of God, It's "I'm" Not "Am"!!! by Mrval20(m): 6:02am On Nov 02, 2014
okpamson15:
Login 2 nairaland can never be a waist just look at what i learn now. Noted.
'waste'

1 Like

Re: For The Love Of God, It's "I'm" Not "Am"!!! by KillerBeauty(f): 6:49am On Nov 02, 2014
Noted

1 Like

Re: For The Love Of God, It's "I'm" Not "Am"!!! by Uyi168: 7:12am On Nov 02, 2014
At times....atimes
Re: For The Love Of God, It's "I'm" Not "Am"!!! by jejemanito: 7:58am On Nov 02, 2014
godofwar666:
Corect. wrong
Exhaust. Exaust
Interpret. Interprete
Occasion. Ocassion
Professor proffessor
Kerosene. Kerosine
Grievous. Grivious
Guidance. Guidiance
Movable. Moveable
Definition. Defination
Precede. Preceed
Correct. Wrong
In spite. Inspite
At least. Atleast
A lot. A lot

undecided undecided
*Correct

tongue
Re: For The Love Of God, It's "I'm" Not "Am"!!! by jejemanito: 8:03am On Nov 02, 2014
humanbean:
My people, social media has a way of warping the way we use the English language such that colloquialisms and shortcuts that we use informally start encroaching into formal and official situations.

To cut the long story short, please do not say am when you mean I'm. Its unbelievably infuriating. Imagine seeing such grammatical mistakes in official documentation coming from graduates. Graduates!!!

It is "I'm sure you will enjoy doing business with us" NOT "Am sure you will enjoy doing business with us". Abeg!!!

I'm not Am. Please let us try to keep this in mind and not disgrace the education that we claim to have spent years acquiring. Thank you.
*It is 'I beg' not 'abeg'

tongue tongue tongue
Re: For The Love Of God, It's "I'm" Not "Am"!!! by MrPeaceman(m): 8:03am On Nov 02, 2014
Nevertheless, the popular use of "shey" and "sha" which is supposedly pigin in even formal english communication.
Re: For The Love Of God, It's "I'm" Not "Am"!!! by Nobody: 8:27am On Nov 02, 2014
godofwar666:
hMmmm here she comes, Omg! Oh! tongue

Lol are you following me?
Re: For The Love Of God, It's "I'm" Not "Am"!!! by humanbean: 9:10am On Nov 02, 2014
Waspy:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

You're hilarious bro! Its a pun tongue cheesy grin
Re: For The Love Of God, It's "I'm" Not "Am"!!! by humanbean: 9:15am On Nov 02, 2014
godofwar666:
Correct. Wrong
Exhaust. Exaust
Interpret. Interprete
Occasion. Ocassion
Professor proffessor
Kerosene. Kerosine
Grievous. Grivious
Guidance. Guidiance
Movable. Moveable
Definition. Defination
Precede. Preceed
Correct. Wrong
In spite. Inspite
At least. Atleast
A lot. Alot

undecided undecided

Thank you so much brother. You have educated a lot of people with this one post.
Re: For The Love Of God, It's "I'm" Not "Am"!!! by humanbean: 9:19am On Nov 02, 2014
imsuboi:
Am gonna make your life a living hell. tongue

Am just waking up from sleep sha
Am gonna start preparing for church pretty soon
Am gonna brush my teeth grin grin
Am a patriotic Nigerian
Am gonna pray very well in church today
Am so pissed off by this thread grin grin
This thread would mark the birth of the " Am " crew cheesy cheesy

Am
Am
Am
Am
Am
Am

Cry tongue tongue

The Am crew! Hehehe. Nice one bro grin. We'll be waiting for your crewmates so that we can cure your "Am" fever all at once tongue
Re: For The Love Of God, It's "I'm" Not "Am"!!! by humanbean: 9:21am On Nov 02, 2014
jejemanito:

*It is 'I beg' not 'abeg'

tongue tongue tongue

Jeje smiley smiley smiley
Re: For The Love Of God, It's "I'm" Not "Am"!!! by godofwar666(m): 9:28am On Nov 02, 2014
jejemanito:

*Correct

tongue
oh thanks a lot tongue
Re: For The Love Of God, It's "I'm" Not "Am"!!! by godofwar666(m): 9:30am On Nov 02, 2014
humanbean:

Thank you so much brother. You have educated a lot of people with this one post.
it is a great pleasure sir cool
Re: For The Love Of God, It's "I'm" Not "Am"!!! by godofwar666(m): 9:32am On Nov 02, 2014
MrsBreezy:

Lol are you following me?
nop!

(1) (Reply)

Lady With 2 Virginas...strange But True / You Should Not Let An Exam Result Decide Your Fate / HND Will Soon Be Changed To Bachelor Of Technology – JAMB Registrar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.