Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,831 members, 7,831,700 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

How America Gets It Right By Catching Them Young And Lessons For Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How America Gets It Right By Catching Them Young And Lessons For Nigeria (2508 Views)

This Is How America Treat Their Yam Eaters / The 7 Characteristics Of An Eagle And Why They Are Lessons For Good Leadership / How America Pushed Jonathan To Order Bankole's Arrest - US Diplomatic Cable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How America Gets It Right By Catching Them Young And Lessons For Nigeria by Dollyak(f): 1:58pm On Jul 09, 2015
mikolo80:
it is you who are unintelligent cos you didn't bother to comprehend what I wrote.not enough to read at the surface. Imagine if jesus just preached without miracle"works". Talk is cheap why you can come here and throw insults and remain at that level. If you had done something you would have inspired someone else to copy.why do you think we all want to be doctors lawyers and oil workers but not farmers and VulcanisERs
Listen to your miserable and inferior self. You are talking about intelligence and you can't string a proper sentence together nor express yourself in a coherent manner. You are not even worth the effort. Go and worry about your worthless life and stop worrying about someone superior to you in every way. If you are going to display your stupidity at least try and be interesting with it.
Re: How America Gets It Right By Catching Them Young And Lessons For Nigeria by mikolo80: 2:23pm On Jul 09, 2015
Dollyak:

Listen to your miserable and inferior self. You are talking about intelligence and you can't string a proper sentence together nor express yourself in a coherent manner. You are not even worth the effort. Go and worry about your worthless life and stop worry about someone superior to you in every way. If you are going to display your stupidity at least try and be interesting with it.
Tsk tsk tsk Smhseriously. Anyway that you've lost it shows you've lost the argument.that's good enough for me. PS I hope you know you are an ambassador of the kind of upbringing and home training you Received. Keep acting like someone from the gutter and don't be annoyed when you get treated like scum
Re: How America Gets It Right By Catching Them Young And Lessons For Nigeria by Dollyak(f): 2:27pm On Jul 09, 2015
mikolo80:
Tsk tsk tsk Smhseriously. Anyway that you've lost it shows you've lost the argument.that's good enough for me. PS I hope you know you are an ambassador of the kind of upbringing and home training you Received. Keep acting like someone from the gutter and don't be annoyed when you get treated like scum
you are inferior. Resume your position wink. You don't even make sense. Peasant
Re: How America Gets It Right By Catching Them Young And Lessons For Nigeria by adedayourt(m): 2:35pm On Jul 09, 2015
E ONLY THING AN AVERAGE NIG TEEN/YOUTH IS INTERESTED IN IS THE LATEST MUSUK VIDEO FROM MAVINS& CO

ND THE ONLY PRODUCT DES CELEB LEAVE YOUTH IS A LOUSY ATTITUDE AROUND D HOME.

we all need to get our priorities right in nig
individually
as a parent
government
group
Re: How America Gets It Right By Catching Them Young And Lessons For Nigeria by mikolo80: 3:28pm On Jul 09, 2015
Dollyak:

you are inferior. Resume your position wink. You don't even make sense. Peasant
Mama and papa dollyak home training on display
Re: How America Gets It Right By Catching Them Young And Lessons For Nigeria by okonri(m): 5:37am On Jul 10, 2015
Interesting write-up @topic. In every clime, Nigeria included, there abounds young talents interested in various pursuits. The fact that we haven't done much in "catching them young" is not because we don't know the right thing to do or how to go about doing it. This particular issue is still tied to numerous other issues bedeviling the country. I would talk about Nigeria's problems, but they are well known by all and sundry, so I will bypass that. The fundamental problem with Nigeria which greatly impedes any meaningful developmental stride, including youth development, is however, the near absence of patriotism at all levels. I've had the privilege of living in Nigeria for almost three decades before leaving for further studies. In all these years I cannot help but observe how everyone aim and strive towards maximum self aggrandizement. Anyone that has any level of control in civil service or government is guilty of this, to different degrees. This is even more pronounced at the federal level. They loot as if the country will tear apart tomorrow.

Leaders both in education and every other sphere support a cause of a project only if they have something to benefit from it. Even at the universities and research facilities. Even in recruitment of employees. And in any case, most academics in Nigeria would not bother to reply a mail from some obscure youngster requesting for a research position. What do they, the young talents, have to impact on their... pockets? These assertions may be generalizations but, you would be astonished at the percentage of these incidences that are factual.
One day, in the distant future, we may get it right.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari's Legacy As Minister Of Petroleum. / APC Woman Leader For Lagos East Caught While Moving Thumb Printed Electoral Mate / Message To All Yoruba People On The Ownership Of Lagos. By... Edwin Uko Philip

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.