Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,779 members, 7,817,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:18 AM

Assemblies Of God Church Sacks General Superintendent - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Assemblies Of God Church Sacks General Superintendent (2218 Views)

Supreme Court Favours Emeka, Assemblies Of God Church General Superintendent / Reigning Queen Esther At Chris Okotie's Household Of God Church / Church Sacks General Overseer Over Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Assemblies Of God Church Sacks General Superintendent by odiyaka(m): 4:26pm On Nov 02, 2014
The Assemblies of God Church has
announced the excommunication of its past
General Superintendent, Rev. Paul Emeka,
from the church
But reacting to the development, Emeka
revealed that the action was a “coup.”
While announcing the removal of its spiritual
leader’s dismissal from the ministry with his
pastoral certificate withdrawn, the church
also announced the emergence of Rev. Chidi
Okoroafor as the new General
Superintendent of the church.
He was elected alongside three other
principal officials and fifteen zonal
representatives to form the new Executive
Council of the church for the next four
years.
The decisions were part of the resolutions
reached by over 7,000 delegates of the
church at the General Council meeting at its
Evangel Camp, Okpoko in Ebonyi State.
At the council meeting, held every four years,
the delegates reportedly decided on the
excommunication after concluding that the
ex-spiritual leader “had dragged the name
of the church in the mud by instituting legal
suits and using law enforcement agencies to
witch-hunt some of their leaders.”
According to the Legal Adviser of the
church, Barrister Abuka, the dismissal of
Emeka was necessary and had paved the
way to institute litigation against the former
general superintendent, who was alleged to
be “making moves with some members to
take over the church.”
The church also claimed he was working
with other alleged collaborators believed to
be working at cross-purposes with the
church’s leadership.
Commenting on the crisis rocking the
church, Okoroafor said the measures were
necessary to remove those whom he
described as “dissidents bent on frustrating
progress” in the church.
He confirmed that legal actions would be
taken against Emeka and others seeking to
take over the church through lawsuits.
Justifying the reasons for this, the new
general superintendent said, “We cannot
spiritualise legal issues. You can’t just be
praying when somebody is taking you to
courts. We would no long keep quiet and
allow our property taken over or our
accounts fraudulently run by them.”
He pointed out that the church had
identified constitutional loopholes that
Emeka and other capitalised on, stating that
such sections would be properly addressed
when an emergency council meeting holds
next year.
However, the excommunicated general
superintendent stated that he stood for
reconciliation. According to him, the church
has been embroiled in some crises in which
a former Governor of Ebonyi State, Sam
Egwu and the Pentecostal Fellowship of
Nigeria intervened in the matter.
Emeka said, “By announcing my
excommunication from the church, they are
trying to instill fear into people so that they
can distance themselves from me. I stand
for reconciliation. I have committed no
offence.
“But, some people in the church organised
an illegal election to remove me by force
from office. They would not allow me to
complete my four-year tenure in office which
started in 2010. They are even threatening
my life. I have petitioned the Inspector-
General of Police on that.”

www.nigerianeye.com/2014/11/assemblies-of-god-church-sacks-general.html?m=1

Re: Assemblies Of God Church Sacks General Superintendent by brownlord: 4:32pm On Nov 02, 2014
holy/religious coup.

signs of end time really

1 Like

Re: Assemblies Of God Church Sacks General Superintendent by Nobody: 4:37pm On Nov 02, 2014
Am not going to say anything about their action because God is the owner of the church but I question the reason behind their action .
Re: Assemblies Of God Church Sacks General Superintendent by ToyozzieTohBad(f): 4:48pm On Nov 02, 2014
Judas cheesy

Cynthia Morgan, Solidstar thrill Surulere @Jack&TheBeat party kiss kiss kiss
www.yklgglxflxr

Re: Assemblies Of God Church Sacks General Superintendent by Firefire(m): 4:49pm On Nov 02, 2014
Come Lord Jesus!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Assemblies Of God Church Sacks General Superintendent by tomakint: 4:54pm On Nov 02, 2014
Firefire:
Come Lord Jesus!
Even you Alhaji Firefire! cheesy
Re: Assemblies Of God Church Sacks General Superintendent by ireneony(f): 4:56pm On Nov 02, 2014
whatever...who cares.....Nigerians are too religious that is all I ve to say
Re: Assemblies Of God Church Sacks General Superintendent by Nobody: 4:56pm On Nov 02, 2014
Lolzz..this is clearly politics in d house of God..this aint a church anymore,its now a voting ground...Assemblies has always been political since I was a baby uptil date...they jxt won't chang...nawa
Re: Assemblies Of God Church Sacks General Superintendent by Freest(m): 5:01pm On Nov 02, 2014
The house of God!!!
Re: Assemblies Of God Church Sacks General Superintendent by Firefire(m): 5:01pm On Nov 02, 2014
tomakint:

Even you Alhaji Firefire! cheesy

Hiyyak Allah,

Bros, I am not An Alhaji ooooo (Thou, I had some Islamic Trainings)

I am an Apostle of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

1 Like

Re: Assemblies Of God Church Sacks General Superintendent by tomakint: 5:04pm On Nov 02, 2014
Firefire:

Hiyyak Allah,

Bros, I am not An Alhaji ooooo (Thou, I had some Islamic Trainings)

I am an Apostle of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Oh blimey shocked shocked you? All these while I actually thought you are a Muslim. Now I know, how was Church today bro?
Re: Assemblies Of God Church Sacks General Superintendent by Firefire(m): 5:06pm On Nov 02, 2014
I believe in the leadership of Rev. Chidi Okoroafor...

The Reverend is a good teacher of the WORD. Some of his messages on tape are: "Are will still brethren; So you later come here etc."
Re: Assemblies Of God Church Sacks General Superintendent by Sanguine77(m): 5:08pm On Nov 02, 2014
Politics and deception in God's house did not start today. It is only God that knows His own. All these churches have turned into megalomaniac conglomerations where the incessant hankering for positions and lucre have become rife.
Re: Assemblies Of God Church Sacks General Superintendent by bestman09(m): 5:08pm On Nov 02, 2014
Satan should not be allowed to have a strong hold on the Church
Re: Assemblies Of God Church Sacks General Superintendent by fijiano202(m): 5:08pm On Nov 02, 2014
Lobatan!!!!!! coup for church...whats the way forward?
Re: Assemblies Of God Church Sacks General Superintendent by Firefire(m): 5:09pm On Nov 02, 2014
tomakint:

Oh blimey shocked shocked you? All these while I actually thought you are a Muslim. Now I know, how was Church today bro?

cheesy grin

It was a great Refreshing time in His presence... I derived my user name in 2008 from my previous Assembly {Hope you can decipher that wink}
Re: Assemblies Of God Church Sacks General Superintendent by nzeaji(m): 5:28pm On Nov 02, 2014
Na was oh.
Re: Assemblies Of God Church Sacks General Superintendent by tomakint: 6:09pm On Nov 02, 2014
Firefire:

cheesy grin

It was a great Refreshing time in His presence... I derived my user name in 2008 from my previous Assembly {Hope you can decipher that wink}
Maka why cheesy cheesy How I no go decipher when I no be learner cheesy abeg let's pray jare.....'any power that wants to stand against you from receiving that huge blessings before this year ends....what are you waiting for somersault and d......wink enjoy bro cheesy cheesy
Re: Assemblies Of God Church Sacks General Superintendent by Firefire(m): 6:13pm On Nov 02, 2014
tomakint:

Maka why cheesy cheesy How I no go decipher when I no be learner cheesy abeg let's pray jare.....'any power that wants to stand against you from receiving that huge blessings before this year ends....what are you waiting for somersault and d......wink enjoy bro cheesy cheesy

tongue you too much... enjoy the rest of your day bro.
Re: Assemblies Of God Church Sacks General Superintendent by EdCure: 6:57pm On Nov 02, 2014
Greed and materialism is too common with some people.

1 Like

Re: Assemblies Of God Church Sacks General Superintendent by onuwaje(m): 7:09pm On Nov 02, 2014
I shame for my church
Re: Assemblies Of God Church Sacks General Superintendent by alabig(m): 7:18pm On Nov 02, 2014
Is it consequential for a minister to sue a church he's pastoring to court? God owns the church and the gate of hell shall never prevail against it.
Re: Assemblies Of God Church Sacks General Superintendent by Femolacaster(m): 7:25pm On Nov 02, 2014
Awon apere igbeyin aye!
Re: Assemblies Of God Church Sacks General Superintendent by arshavineering(m): 7:43pm On Nov 02, 2014
Imagine Rev. Paul Emeka trying to privatize a church that is older than him...This is Assemblies of God church. .All the Gospel. .Don't privatize it, it is not Electricity distribution
Re: Assemblies Of God Church Sacks General Superintendent by EmmyMexie: 8:28pm On Nov 02, 2014
Owk na. Ave been browsing through the net and I found what might interest all of you:

https://m.facebook.com/Evangel.Prints/photos/a.264195060371260.1073741825.264195000371266/265957790194987/?type=1
Re: Assemblies Of God Church Sacks General Superintendent by ifeegee(f): 8:30pm On Nov 02, 2014
onuwaje:
I shame for my church
To be candid, my heart breaks for AG.
I just wish God will descend on all these preachers that have refused to join PDP and APC, but will rather bring their political prowess in to God's house.

1 Like

Re: Assemblies Of God Church Sacks General Superintendent by Ubenedictus(m): 8:33pm On Nov 02, 2014
alabig:
Is it consequential for a minister to sue a church he's pastoring to court? God owns the church and the gate of hell shall never prevail against it.

i don't think that passage applys here.
Re: Assemblies Of God Church Sacks General Superintendent by onuwaje(m): 8:54pm On Nov 02, 2014
ifeegee:

To be candid, my heart breaks for AG.
I just wish God will descend on all these preachers that have refused to join PDP and APC, but will rather bring their political prowess in to God's house.
I really shame for dem

(1) (Reply)

Even If God Existed / This Pastor Disguised As Destitute To His Church And I Refused To Help Him. / Biblical Proofs That Ancient Israelites Were Black Including Jesus,moses,paul Et

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.