Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,681 members, 7,816,786 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:06 PM

I Need A Dog Trainer - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / I Need A Dog Trainer (1351 Views)

Benefits Of Having A Dog / Dog Trainer .... Train Your Pet For Your Own Human Use. / Friendship Between An Infant And A Dog In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need A Dog Trainer by lordmayor2013(m): 7:44pm On Nov 02, 2014
I bought a dog because of security purpose but am not happy with the result am getting. Just last week i was attacked by hungry thieves who invaded my house and packed away food stuffs while my 15months old mixed male rott watches.
I have a 15months old male mixed rott, very big and scary but very playful. He plays with every stranger that has the courage to get close to it. The dog has been in a fenced compound and always in a cage right from puppy, so i don't know why its very playful. I need a dog trainer or an advice on how to make it aggressive.
Re: I Need A Dog Trainer by biggyrossy: 7:53pm On Nov 02, 2014
lordmayor2013:
I bought a dog because of security purpose but am not happy with the result am getting. Just last week i was attacked by
hungry thieves who invaded my house and packed away food stuffs while my 15months old mixed male rott watches.
I have a 15months old male mixed rott, very big and scary but very playful. He plays with every stranger that has the courage to get close to it. The dog has been in a fenced compound and always in a cage right from puppy, so i don't know why its very playful. I need a dog trainer or an advice on how to make it aggressive.

bland the cage and limit the freedom u gave the dog. make sure it sees only the pple at home.
Re: I Need A Dog Trainer by oluomoadebayo: 10:04pm On Nov 02, 2014
lordmayor2013:
I bought a dog because of security purpose but am not happy with the result am getting. Just last week i was attacked by hungry thieves who invaded my house and packed away food stuffs while my 15months old mixed male rott watches.

Not all bloodline is good for security and most aggressive dogs you are seeing will flee under pressure. A dog needs to be trained on protection and the age must be 2 years and above. Most barking dogs would scare of intruder but under pressure na run run.

1 Like

Re: I Need A Dog Trainer by biggyrossy: 10:14pm On Nov 02, 2014
oluomoadebayo:

Not all bloodline is good for security and most aggressive dogs you are seeing will flee under pressure. A dog needs to be trained on protection and the age must be 2 years and above. Most barking dogs would scare of intruder but under pressure na run run.

I have 3 pitbull 1male and 2females all are 8months and they barks like crazy any Single sound they want to attack the gate Nd I never for once trained them to act that way.
Re: I Need A Dog Trainer by lordmayor2013(m): 10:51pm On Nov 02, 2014
biggyrossy:

I have 3 pitbull 1male and 2females all are 8months and they barks like crazy any Single sound they want to attack the gate Nd I never for once trained them to act that way.

please what would you advice me to do?
Re: I Need A Dog Trainer by biggyrossy: 10:57pm On Nov 02, 2014
lordmayor2013:

please what would you advice me to do?

bland the cage totally and make sure ur reduce the freedom, I mean find a way to isolate ur dog.
Re: I Need A Dog Trainer by oluomoadebayo: 11:06pm On Nov 02, 2014
biggyrossy:

Attacking the gate doesn't mean they are security conscious , your dog is definitely showing aggression and that doesn't mean they will win a fight with an intruder. God forbid bad things though, barking alone will scare off intruders but don't be fooled, an experienced invaders will win a scores and even kill most dogs after just a bite. Confinding your dogs don't make them security dog and it's too risky because the don't will be unpredictable.

1 Like

Re: I Need A Dog Trainer by lordmayor2013(m): 11:07pm On Nov 02, 2014
biggyrossy:

bland the cage totally and make sure ur reduce the freedom, I mean find a way to isolate ur dog.

we are just only two that stays in the house .we go out in morning and back in the evening, so i think the dog is isolated enough
Re: I Need A Dog Trainer by oluomoadebayo: 11:14pm On Nov 02, 2014
lordmayor2013:

we are just only two that stays in the house .we go out in morning and back in the evening, so i think the dog is isolated enough

Bro the dog doesn't have the fight in him and mixed breeds are unpredictable. My protection dog won't even bark unless you command her to do so and she welcomes everyone as if she is just a pet. The first time I had an experience of what she is capable of was when a friend tried to tease me with a slap and he day was a day to forget. The dog was trained in Serbia though .

1 Like

Re: I Need A Dog Trainer by biggyrossy: 11:34pm On Nov 02, 2014
lordmayor2013:

another option get the dog another dog like bingo. they are always crazy sometime we use local dogs to ginger those dogs.
Re: I Need A Dog Trainer by lordmayor2013(m): 11:42pm On Nov 02, 2014
biggyrossy:

another option get the dog another dog like bingo. they are always crazy sometime we use local dogs to ginger those dogs.

i hate local dogs
Re: I Need A Dog Trainer by chucky234(m): 9:54am On Nov 03, 2014
Allow that dog to be jare, why buy a mixed dog in the first place?
Re: I Need A Dog Trainer by Zammy123(m): 10:04pm On Nov 03, 2014
oluomoadebayo:

Haha,oga oh den which dog breed bloodline is good for security bro?
Re: I Need A Dog Trainer by oluomoadebayo: 11:42pm On Nov 03, 2014
Zammy123:

Haha,oga oh den which dog breed bloodline is good for security bro?

Bloodline means the family line of that particular breed. Some are show dogs while some are pet qualities . It is your just to get some history about the dog you are buying and that's why people buy with pedigree documents. Quality is not cheap.
Re: I Need A Dog Trainer by lahit14(m): 2:46pm On Nov 04, 2014
lordmayor2013:

Lol, part of the reason might just be becos of the cross, it happens on occation, peopl keep talking about keeping ur dog in a blind cage, totally ridiculous to me, rubbish!! Wouldn't mak a difference, if ur dog is agressiv trust me it is not becos u lockd it up, personally I find letting dem loose evn bettr, u hav to look for a way to bring out his agression, provoke him. One question, how many local dogs hav u evr seen dats not agressiv, they might run away aftr all their garagara, they'r not as big but man neithr r they ur friends so long as they don't knw u, anytime dem see u again dem go still ginga, ovr and ovr again till dem die. How many of dem u see for blind cage. If I were u I would fight him, mak othr dogs beat am wella. He would start learning to retaliate. Dats 1way to provoke him or on the alternative, ur not gonna like this one.....
Re: I Need A Dog Trainer by ayoballs: 4:25pm On Nov 06, 2014
awwww sorry about that.I can imagine.not all dogs are aggressive and good for security.I am a dog breeder and I have a 12month old very aggresive male german sherpard dog for sale if u don't mind..08027229320

(1) (Reply)

*NEW* Female Slantback German Shepherd Puppy Available For Sale!!! / Adult Female Caucasian Shepherd Dog For Sale / Top Quality GSD Male Dog Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.