Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,278 members, 7,811,827 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:26 PM

Biology Thread - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Biology Thread (3828 Views)

Project Topics And Materials In Biology Education / Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre {Biology Thread} / Neco Biology Practical Specimen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biology Thread by Tunsboy17(m): 2:54pm On Nov 03, 2014
This is a biology thread.

Proof that you are ready for jamb buy answering this question. Keep the thread flowing by asking question you think no one can answer.........

Biology only...

What are the main functions of xylem.
Re: Biology Thread by Thewhizzkid1(m): 3:06pm On Nov 03, 2014
Though I am not writing jamb, I will also like to join this biology thread. Thinking of questions no one can answer, try these:
> Where are globlet cells foumd?
> What is d function of the reticuloendothelial system
More to follow
Re: Biology Thread by Tunsboy17(m): 3:31pm On Nov 03, 2014
I think the reticulo endothelial system is found in the white blood cell

nice one bro
Re: Biology Thread by Thewhizzkid1(m): 9:52am On Nov 04, 2014
Tunsboy17:
I think the reticulo endothelial system is found in the white blood cell

nice one bro
The reticuloendothelial system is jux like d immune system of d digestive system.. It consists of lymphoid aggregates dat help filter pathogens dat may pass through the digestive processes. Though, its components are scattered throughout d body...It is also called d macrophage system or the mononuclear phagocyte system... Some organs and tissues of d reticuloendothelial system include the tonsils , appendix, Kupffer's cells, etc..

Goblet cells are found in d large intestine..
Re: Biology Thread by Thewhizzkid1(m): 9:56am On Nov 04, 2014
Invite other people to this thread and let's make it lively.
Re: Biology Thread by SayyediAliyu: 10:19am On Nov 04, 2014
my bro these questions are from anatomy Nah...you know they wouldn't ask about these in jamb.
why don't you open a thread for anatomy and physiology questions?
I'm sorry, but I think that will be better.
Re: Biology Thread by Nobody: 10:24am On Nov 04, 2014
please try and post jamb questions here and put the options, strictly from jamb syllabus
Re: Biology Thread by Nobody: 10:30am On Nov 04, 2014
A farmer X working in a swamp did not eat any food nor drink any water. which of these diseases can he not contact ? [A].Cholera [B].Bilharzia [C].River blindness [D].Malaria [E]Sleeping sickness
Re: Biology Thread by Thewhizzkid1(m): 10:43am On Nov 04, 2014
SayyediAliyu:
my bro these questions are from anatomy Nah...you know they wouldn't ask about these in jamb.
why don't you open a thread for anatomy and physiology questions?
I'm sorry, but I think that will be better.
Lol ..Nr b say I b wan try form o..For sure I know and I'm sorry 4 dat..But he asked for it..#Grins..Abeg forgive me.. U know say u b my bros.
Re: Biology Thread by davskioppy: 2:27pm On Nov 04, 2014
@ poster,pls change the topic to biology thread for jambites so that it won't mislead other biology student
Re: Biology Thread by grinface98(m): 4:01pm On Nov 04, 2014
WarRLaY:
A farmer X working in a swamp did not eat any food nor drink any water. which of these diseases can he not contact ? [A].Cholera [B].Bilharzia [C].River blindness [D].Malaria [E]Sleeping sickness
Cholera?
Re: Biology Thread by grinface98(m): 4:03pm On Nov 04, 2014
What is the main function of the mitochondria in plant cell
Re: Biology Thread by Nobody: 5:14pm On Nov 04, 2014
grinface98:
Cholera?
kudos. That right, bcus you can only contact cholera by drinking a contaminated water and the farmer did not drink water. so there is no way e can contact cholera.
Re: Biology Thread by Tunsboy17(m): 7:43pm On Nov 04, 2014
Biology Questions should be asked hence forth
Re: Biology Thread by Tunsboy17(m): 10:00pm On Nov 04, 2014
Biology question
(1)The saprotrophs are organisms that feed on ---

(2) somatotrophin is a hormon responsible for ----
(3)list three main functions of the hypathalamus

(4)sucrose is a combination of ---- + fructose

(5)whats osmosis

great biologist attempt this question
Re: Biology Thread by Munalove(m): 10:13pm On Nov 04, 2014
WarRLaY:
i dnt knw buh cholera is frm drinkin water,biharzia is skin disease cause by wate(nt sure chai,buh hav read sumtin like dat disease b4)tse-tse fly and anopheline(dnt mind ma spelin o i guez its malaria
Re: Biology Thread by Thewhizzkid1(m): 10:34pm On Nov 04, 2014
Tunsboy17:
Biology Questions should be asked hence forth
Re: Biology Thread by Thewhizzkid1(m): 10:38pm On Nov 04, 2014
Munalove:
i dnt knw buh cholera is frm drinkin water,biharzia is skin disease cause by wate(nt sure chai,buh hav read sumtin like dat disease b4)tse-tse fly and anopheline(dnt mind ma spelin o i guez its malaria
Bilharziasis is not a skin disease.. U can rather refer it to as a blood disease.. It is caused by Bilharzia, also known as Blood fluke..It is not a water borne disease..
Re: Biology Thread by Munalove(m): 10:42pm On Nov 04, 2014
Thewhizzkid1:

Bilharziasis is not a skin disease.. U can rather refer it to as a blood disease.. It is caused by Bilharzia, also known as Blood fluke..It is not a water borne disease..
tanks 4 d correction,i jst checkd on it nw.
Re: Biology Thread by Thewhizzkid1(m): 10:42pm On Nov 04, 2014
What is Eutrophication?
Re: Biology Thread by Thewhizzkid1(m): 10:43pm On Nov 04, 2014
Munalove:
tanks 4 d correction,i jst checkd on it nw.
Yes Sir.
Re: Biology Thread by Thewhizzkid1(m): 10:52pm On Nov 04, 2014
Explain:
>Why do we urinate more during cold days and urinate less during hot days?
Which of these would antibiotics work for?
>Chicken pox
>Eczema
>Gonorrhea
>Trypanosomiasis
What is d name of d vaccine given against tuberculosis?
Re: Biology Thread by Munalove(m): 11:02pm On Nov 04, 2014
Tunsboy17:
Biology question
(1)The saprotrophs are organisms that feed on ---decaying organic matter

(2) somatotrophin is a hormon responsible for ----growth
(3)list three main functions of the hypathalamus-dnt knw that one pls tel me

(4)sucrose is a combination of ---- + fructose and glucose

(5)whats osmosis-is d movement of wata molecule frm a higher region of conc.to a lower region of conc.

great biologist attempt this question
Re: Biology Thread by Munalove(m): 11:12pm On Nov 04, 2014
Thewhizzkid1:
What is Eutrophication?
that shd b d excessive nutrient in water,which lead to plants growin very closely to each other
Re: Biology Thread by Tunsboy17(m): 4:50am On Nov 05, 2014
Good one you tried

hypathalamus is an organ inbetween the mid brain and the spinal cord it act as the middle man, i.e collecting information from the affected organ thereby translating it to the brain

function

responsible for the (1)hormone for sleeping

(2) production of milk in female
Re: Biology Thread by Thewhizzkid1(m): 7:33am On Nov 05, 2014
Tunsboy17:
Good one you tried

hypathalamus is an organ inbetween the mid brain and the spinal cord it act as the middle man, i.e collecting information from the affected organ thereby translating it to the brain

function

responsible for the (1)hormone for sleeping

(2) production of milk in female
I beg to differ sir..I think d organ which acts more like a middle man in d nervous system isd thalamus not d hypothalamus..
Its(hypothalamus) functions are:
>controlling body urges such as sleep, thirst, hunger, etc.
>controlling body temperature.
>plays a role in osmoregulation.
The pituitary gland, not the hypothalamus, is responsible for producing milk through the hormone prolactin.
I am always open to corrections.
Re: Biology Thread by Thewhizzkid1(m): 7:56am On Nov 05, 2014
Munalove:
that shd b d excessive nutrient in water,which lead to plants growin very closely to each other
Yep..Didn't know of dat b4@bolded.
Re: Biology Thread by Tunsboy17(m): 8:23am On Nov 05, 2014
Thewhizzkid1:

I beg to differ sir..I think d organ which acts more like a middle man in d nervous system isd thalamus not d hypothalamus..
Its(hypothalamus) functions are:
>controlling body urges such as sleep, thirst, hunger, etc.
>controlling body temperature.
>plays a role in osmoregulation.
The pituitary gland, not the hypothalamus, is responsible for producing milk through the hormone prolactin.
I am always open to corrections.

The hypothalamus is located just below the thalamus(hence its name ''hypo which means below or lower)

the hypothalamus is connected to,and controls, the pituiary gland. This axis of hypothalamus and pituitary gland is important becausr it is the main link between the nervouse system and the endocrine system.
Re: Biology Thread by Munalove(m): 9:02am On Nov 05, 2014
Thewhizzkid1:
Explain:
>Why do we urinate more during cold days and urinate less during hot days?
Which of these would antibiotics work for?
>Chicken pox
>Eczema
>Gonorrhea
>Trypanosomiasis
What is d name of d vaccine given against tuberculosis?
i no b doc.buh mak i try.d reason we urinate more in cold is because d body do not hav anybody oda way of excreting d water out of body,like sweating,while in hot weather,d body cn remove water thru sweating,whereby reducing d amount of urine
Re: Biology Thread by Tunsboy17(m): 9:17am On Nov 05, 2014
Munalove:
i no b doc.buh mak i try.d reason we urinate more in cold is because d body do not hav anybody oda way of excreting d water out of body,like sweating,while in hot weather,d body cn remove water thru sweating,whereby reducing d amount of urine

hahaha the doctor but its not too correct

we urinate more often in cold weather because the water present in the body on cold weather are not neccesary needed by the body.but during hot weather the water are needed because some would have been loss through sweat, so the water in the urinary gland are reabsorbed in to the body through the help of the kidney.so the hypothalamus will now control the piutitary gland and say, mr man will need water in the body which will bring about THIRST.
Re: Biology Thread by Thewhizzkid1(m): 9:23am On Nov 05, 2014
Munalove:
Hehehe...E get who b doc for here.
Well this is d reason. During hot days, the body loses much water by sweat leading to an increase in osmotic concentration. Immediately there is an and increase in osmotic concentration(detected by osmo receptors), the osmo receptors in the hypothalamus send a message to the pituitary to release a hormone, the anti diuretic hormone (ADH)..This hormone is then transported to the kidney by d blood. When it gets to d kidney, it causes an increased permeability of collecting ducts and distal tubules of the nephron to water..Hence more water is reabsorbed into the body, keeping the osmotic concentration of d blood constant. Hence, the urine bcoms concentrated and reduced in volume...
I got all theses info 4rm a biology textbook not anatomy or physiology or biochemistry.. Lol.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

List Of Universities You Can Write Their Post UTME Without Choosing Them In JAMB / Accra Institute Of Technology (AIT University)'s Admission 2015 Now Open / Research Project Topics And Materials In Home Economics Education

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.