Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,024 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

Is This A Norma Thing With A Tiny Light Camry? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is This A Norma Thing With A Tiny Light Camry? (1930 Views)

What's D Use Of This In My Tiny Light Camry? / Pls How Much Is Complete Gearbox For Tiny Light Camry? / Why Toyota Camry Tiny Light Is Easily Stolen! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This A Norma Thing With A Tiny Light Camry? by charly24: 2:57pm On Nov 03, 2014
Hello gurus in d house I notice my front wheel is always hot compare to d back wheels of my car and dishes out hot vapour when I enter pot holes with water just wanna knw if its ok cos I do see some car with same issues wen ever they enter water pls guys is this norma ? Exptn ur response thanks
Re: Is This A Norma Thing With A Tiny Light Camry? by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:57pm On Nov 03, 2014
Run a comprehensive scan on the wheel. grin

3 Likes

Re: Is This A Norma Thing With A Tiny Light Camry? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Nov 03, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

**Falls from 23rd floor of cocoa house, Dugbe, Ibadan** grin

Charly, its is normal. The brake systems in cars exerts more gripping force to the front wheels than the rear wheels thus making the front wheels hotter than the rear (which will also be hot) when the brakes are frequently used.

5 Likes

Re: Is This A Norma Thing With A Tiny Light Camry? by charly24: 6:51pm On Nov 03, 2014
GAZZUZZ:
Re: Is This A Norma Thing With A Tiny Light Camry? by charly24: 6:57pm On Nov 03, 2014
U funny die lol u hv always be usefull on dis forum korrect man
Re: Is This A Norma Thing With A Tiny Light Camry? by Kashif(m): 6:42am On Nov 04, 2014
In addition to what lomomike said, the front and rear wheels will vapourise water they come in contact with during use, but the reason the front is more obvious is that the disks are exposed, unlike the drums installed at the rear.
Re: Is This A Norma Thing With A Tiny Light Camry? by Nobody: 6:45am On Nov 04, 2014
Kashif:
In addition to what lomomike said, the front and rear wheels will vapourise water they come in contact with during use, but the reason the front is more obvious is that the disks are exposed, unlike the drums installed at the rear.
In addition to what kashif said, if you have those el-cheapo or al-chinko brake rotors, avoid sudden splash of waters on them when hot. If they're suddenly water cooled when extremly hot, you'll get a warped rotor.
Re: Is This A Norma Thing With A Tiny Light Camry? by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:55am On Nov 04, 2014
lomomike:

In addition to what kashif said, if you have those el-cheapo or al-chinko brake rotors, avoid sudden splash of waters on them when hot. If they're suddenly water cooled when extremly hot, you'll get a warped rotor.

In addition to what lomomike said, if your calipper pistons are stiff (rust corrosion) your rottors will end uP unnesessarily hot and pads will wear out quicker, also baraking efficieNcy will drop.
Re: Is This A Norma Thing With A Tiny Light Camry? by andre82(m): 7:20am On Nov 04, 2014
In addition to what lomomike and Gazzuzz had said, .............I gat nothing, man. Carry on...

1 Like

Re: Is This A Norma Thing With A Tiny Light Camry? by Readonee35L(m): 7:52am On Nov 04, 2014
See Them All Ah Dem Above

Agbaya Ppl
una thy whine op abi

1 Like

Re: Is This A Norma Thing With A Tiny Light Camry? by adanny01(m): 11:51am On Nov 04, 2014
andre82:
In addition to what lomomike and Gazzuzz had said, .............I gat nothing, man. Carry on...

LOL

In addition to all, if your wheel bearing is bad and completely dry of grease, it will run hotter than usual. You will have to identify and separate brake binding first.
Re: Is This A Norma Thing With A Tiny Light Camry? by sultaan(m): 2:20am On Nov 06, 2014
Google the term sticky caliper maybe it will help if you actually have a problem
Re: Is This A Norma Thing With A Tiny Light Camry? by legalwealth(m): 12:52pm On May 19, 2019

(1) (Reply)

C Class Engine For My VBOOT / Pictures Of The Day...squad Goals. / Chevrolet Optra Owners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.