Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,741 members, 7,820,550 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

Questions: GEJ, GMB, ATIKU Must Answer Before 2015 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Questions: GEJ, GMB, ATIKU Must Answer Before 2015 (812 Views)

$1.1b Fraud: British Judge Questions GEJ's Integrity, Stops Etete From Getting / Voter Cards Of GEJ, GMB And Those Of PEJ And Aisha Buhari (pics) / More Pics Of GEJ & GMB, With Abdulsalami Abubakar In Abuja Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Questions: GEJ, GMB, ATIKU Must Answer Before 2015 by Dmacaw: 4:47pm On Nov 03, 2014
We live in a country were expectations are high and the citizens are made to believe that Nigeria is a very rich country yes only in natural resources but in reality we are a very poor Nation. we complain of inadequate infrastructure we want subways, speed trains etc .
But have we considered our annual budgets to see if this Nigeria of our dream is achievable in a short term?
A nation whose highest annual budget is about $40bn (4.68trn) cant be ranked as rich. This same budget figure is what Havard University budgeted for 2013, it's even more disappointing that only #1.3trn of the total budget that is earmarked for capital projects in a nation in desperate need of infrastructural developments. How many roads, bridges,hospital,rail lines, schools and shelter would this amount provide?
The questions we should be asking all the leaders vying for presidency in 2015 is would they support the removal of Petroleum subsidy to access more funds?
What will they do to diversify our economy to improve our income generation in the face of dwindling oil prices?
What will they do to reduce recurrent expenditure in our budgets?
How would they fight corruption legitimately given the shortcomings in our constitution, judiciary and the presence of looters in both Parties?

1 Like

Re: Questions: GEJ, GMB, ATIKU Must Answer Before 2015 by Dmacaw: 4:51pm On Nov 03, 2014
I am a staunch candidate for subsidy removal, the mistake of 2012 were the government placed the cart before the horse must be avoided and the hoodwinking of gullible citizens into protesting what actually is a good policy must also be discouraged it is high time we do away with petroleum subsidy in particular.

1 Like

Re: Questions: GEJ, GMB, ATIKU Must Answer Before 2015 by eunisam: 4:57pm On Nov 03, 2014
Vote #GEJ2015 is all i can say for now untill you quote me.
Re: Questions: GEJ, GMB, ATIKU Must Answer Before 2015 by Dmacaw: 5:25pm On Nov 03, 2014
[quote author=eunisam post=27693817]Vote #GEJ2015 is all i can say for now untill you quote me.[/quote

But Whyyyyyyyyyy?
Re: Questions: GEJ, GMB, ATIKU Must Answer Before 2015 by Jesusloveyou: 7:22pm On Nov 03, 2014
Dis is one of d reason i hate gej for,i hope buhari wil not make d same mistake,how can u raise fund by removing subsidy,firstly-stop corruption,block all d loopholes,secondly-reduce current expediture,by slashing salary and stop allowances.by that,inflation and interest rate wil be reduce,because there wil be more fund to give out to d pple to do business.thirdly,build more refinery,to stop fuel importation.d 450,000 barrel of crude for nnpc to refine,wil not be diverted again.which is $50b alone,this money is enough to build another abuja city from scratch,by all this,we suppose to sell kero #30,fuel #5o,disel #70,by this,wil d pple not rejoice,food price wil be reduce,inflation reduce,cost of living wil be reduce.our standard of living wil be higher than south africa.finally,vote for change,lets try new ideal.
Re: Questions: GEJ, GMB, ATIKU Must Answer Before 2015 by ekolajossyadde(m): 8:03pm On Nov 03, 2014
Vote GEJ till 2019.
Re: Questions: GEJ, GMB, ATIKU Must Answer Before 2015 by eunisam: 8:15pm On Nov 03, 2014
ekolajossyadde:
Vote GEJ till 2019.
GEJ remains the best.my opion oh

1 Like

Re: Questions: GEJ, GMB, ATIKU Must Answer Before 2015 by Dmacaw: 10:42pm On Nov 03, 2014
Jesusloveyou:
Dis is one of d reason i hate gej for,i hope buhari wil not make d same mistake,how can u raise fund by removing subsidy,firstly-stop corruption,block all d loopholes,secondly-reduce current expediture,by slashing salary and stop allowances.by that,inflation and interest rate wil be reduce,because there wil be more fund to give out to d pple to do business.thirdly,build more refinery,to stop fuel importation.d 450,000 barrel of crude for nnpc to refine,wil not be diverted again.which is $50b alone,this money is enough to build another abuja city from scratch,by all this,we suppose to sell kero #30,fuel #5o,disel #70,by this,wil d pple not rejoice,food price wil be reduce,inflation reduce,cost of living wil be reduce.our standard of living wil be higher than south africa.finally,vote for
change,lets try new ideal.

Mehn this your economic policy is not sellable and would take Nigeria back another 50yrs, How do you think reducing insufficient salary of civil servants is an efficient way to raise money? Also do note that Nigeria has one of the cheapest prices of petroleum products when compared to other oil producing nations and from all indication government have no business building refineries again all we need is PIB bill to open up that sector. How can we spend #1trn in 2015 subsidizing petrol when we have huge infrastructural deficit.
Re: Questions: GEJ, GMB, ATIKU Must Answer Before 2015 by Jesusloveyou: 11:30pm On Nov 03, 2014
Dmacaw:

Mehn this your economic policy is not sellable and would take Nigeria back another 50yrs, How do you think reducing insufficient salary of civil servants is an efficient way to raise money? Also do note that Nigeria has one of the cheapest prices of petroleum products when compared to other oil producing nations and from all indication government have no business building refineries again all we need is PIB bill to open up that sector. How can we spend #1trn in 2015 subsidizing petrol when we have huge infrastructural deficit.
so u support dis too much waste in nigeria.u want increase in recurrent expediture. e.g. if minimum wages is even #5,000,d president can receive d highest of #50,000.when our naira have value(lower inflation)#1000 wil be enough to feed,pay house rent,fuel ur car,have more to save,to build ur house,bag of cement wil be sold for #200.everyone wil be employ,cost of production wil be less,if kero is #30 a litle,fuel #50 a litle,without subsidy.what and who are we subsidizing?d criminals in d name of importing fuel.we don't need it,if we have working refineries.we can also export.even if we have #4tr budget,recurrent wil be less than #1tr.more than 75% capital expenditure.within 4 yrs of buhari govt,nigeria wil be real giant of africa.i know gej can't operate dis economics policy,because he is corrupt.

(1) (Reply)

The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) Press Statement 9/11/2014 / FG Yet To Honour Agreement With Lecturers –ASUU / The Role Of Nigerian Students In 2015 Elections.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.