Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,179 members, 7,829,230 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:13 PM

B-R-E-A-K-I-N-G! Bomb Explosion Kills 10 In Yobe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / B-R-E-A-K-I-N-G! Bomb Explosion Kills 10 In Yobe (1453 Views)

Nigerian Troops Claim They Killed 100 Boko Haram Militants In Yobe(photos) / Bomb Explosion At Bus Station In Damaturu / Bomb Explosion Destroys Ohanaeze Secretariat In Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

B-R-E-A-K-I-N-G! Bomb Explosion Kills 10 In Yobe by james669: 5:03pm On Nov 03, 2014
Explosion kills over 10 in Potiskum, Yobe State as Muslim Shia celebrate new year.
Details later…
DETAILS
A suicide bomber has detonated an explosive device killing no fewer than 10 Muslim worshippers in Potiskum the Yobe State capital.

Witnesses said that the Muslim brotherhood, the Shia, were on procession in Potiskum metropolis in observance of the 10th Day of Muharram 1436 celebration when the explosion went off among the worshippers killing scores of those in the procession.

It was also gathered that the bomber was among the worshippers when the explosion went off around 11:15 on Monday morning

Residents said that several followers of the group, particularly women and children, were killed by the explosion as security forces have presently cleared off the area to prevent further attack.

The Yobe State Commissioner of Police, Mr Markus Danladi, who confirmed the incident, said that the suicide bomber took advantage of the procession to carry out his dastardly act but casualty figure was yet to be known.

“Yes a suicide bomber was among the Shia group and detonated his explosive device, killing members of the group, but I am still on my way to the scene of the incident,” the CP said.

The entire area has presently been condoned off by security men as residents remain in their various locations to avoid being victims of any attack.

Potiskum has been experiencing several bomb attacks with the last one before this occurring two days after the Eid-el Fitr Sallah celebration where worshippers were killed in two separate mosque attacks.
Source: http://www..com.ng/index.php/national-news/item/1015-bomb-explosion-kills-10-in-yobe
Re: B-R-E-A-K-I-N-G! Bomb Explosion Kills 10 In Yobe by nkenu(m): 5:04pm On Nov 03, 2014
Hmmmmm. Na waohhhhhhh.
Re: B-R-E-A-K-I-N-G! Bomb Explosion Kills 10 In Yobe by aurenflani: 5:07pm On Nov 03, 2014
We all know those killing the shia during procession like the one that happened in Zaria.
Re: B-R-E-A-K-I-N-G! Bomb Explosion Kills 10 In Yobe by Sylverbox(m): 5:08pm On Nov 03, 2014
Just saw this on LIB but don't knew how true. FP pls.
May God protect us oh!
Re: B-R-E-A-K-I-N-G! Bomb Explosion Kills 10 In Yobe by izu777: 6:02pm On Nov 03, 2014
RIP to the dead
Re: B-R-E-A-K-I-N-G! Bomb Explosion Kills 10 In Yobe by Uyi168: 6:12pm On Nov 03, 2014
All Iz Nt Well!
Re: B-R-E-A-K-I-N-G! Bomb Explosion Kills 10 In Yobe by Mayour11(m): 6:18pm On Nov 03, 2014
May God help us in this nation.
Re: B-R-E-A-K-I-N-G! Bomb Explosion Kills 10 In Yobe by amaham(m): 6:56pm On Nov 03, 2014
why can't shia and Sunnis keep dis dichotomy in the middle east , I know Isis is sunni, al queda is sunni, which one is book haram ?
Re: B-R-E-A-K-I-N-G! Bomb Explosion Kills 10 In Yobe by o42austino(m): 7:17pm On Nov 03, 2014
amaham:
why can't shia and Sunnis keep dis dichotomy in the middle east , I know Isis is sunni, al queda is sunni, which one is book haram ?
B.H is Sunni.
Re: B-R-E-A-K-I-N-G! Bomb Explosion Kills 10 In Yobe by AustineE1: 7:29pm On Nov 03, 2014
aurenflani:
We all know those killing the shia during procession like the one that happened in Zaria.
Young man,people like you are the reason Nigeria has found itself in this mess,for how long are we going to suppress the truth.Every muslim knows that the Sunni's believes that the Shia's are infidels and must be wiped or dealth with.From Iraq-Iran,Yemen-Syria,Egypt-Lebanon etc it has been war between this two groups....but from a neutral point of view and from information available to all,the Sunnis are the most troublesome group,always killing,bombing and maiming Shia's. In countries like Iran where shia's hold sway,they dont kill sunnis,they are more innovative and they embrace science and development but go to any Area where sunnis are dominant or even less dominant,they still terrorise others courtesy of Isis,Al qeada,boko haram etc.
Meanwhile where is 'Lagos Shia',come and speak for your people.
Re: B-R-E-A-K-I-N-G! Bomb Explosion Kills 10 In Yobe by LagosShia: 7:49pm On Nov 03, 2014
AustineE1:

Young man,people like you are the reason Nigeria has found itself in this mess,for how long are we going to suppress the truth.Every muslim knows that the Sunni's believes that the Shia's are infidels and must be wiped or dealth with.From Iraq-Iran,Yemen-Syria,Egypt-Lebanon etc it has been war between this two groups....but from a neutral point of view and from information available to all,the Sunnis are the most troublesome group,always killing,bombing and maiming Shia's. In countries like Iran where shia's hold sway,they dont kill sunnis,they are more innovative and they embrace science and development but go to any Area where sunnis are dominant or even less dominant,they still terrorise others courtesy of Isis,Al qeada,boko haram etc.
Meanwhile where is 'Lagos Shia',come and speak for your people.

there is really nothing to speak.

after the tragedy of Karbala, Imam Ali Ibn al-Hussain (as)-son of Imam Hussain (as)- spoke to the tyrant Yazeed: "is it death you are threatening us with? death to us is a path, and our honor from God is martyrdom".

the enemies of Islam and Muslims have always plotted to silence the message of sacrifice, justice and freedom that Imam Hussain (as) represent. these killings will not work. Imam Hussain (as) lives on!!!!!! our Sunni brothers have nothing to do with the suicide bombings, criminality and killings targeting Shias. this is the handiwork of Wahhabis/Salafists, the slaves of America and Israel. they are the rotten egg in the Muslim body. they target Muslims and try to widen the sectarian gap because they camouflage as "Sunnis", while they also kill Sunnis. yesterday in Iraq over 300 Sunnis from the Abu Nimr clan were massacred by ISIS because they opposed ISIS and their evils. and the Sunnis are seeking help from the Shias. everywhere you hear sectarian killings targeting the Shias, or even Christians, Saudi Wahhabism is at work. all those groups you mentioned have one thing in common: Wahhabism. they kill Muslims, and commit atrocities on behalf of the West (as in Syria), and they are still used to tarnish the image of Muslims as a whole, and spread islamophobia. the only cure to this Wahhabi sickness is for Shia-Sunni unity. we can unite against criminality even if we have our theological differences.
Re: B-R-E-A-K-I-N-G! Bomb Explosion Kills 10 In Yobe by Sunymoore(m): 8:12pm On Nov 03, 2014
LagosShia:

after the tragedy of Karbala, Imam Ali Ibn al-Hussain (as)-son of Imam Hussain (as)- spoke to the tyrant Yazeed: "is it death you are threatening us with? death to us is a path, and our honor from God is martyrdom".

the enemies of Islam and Muslims have always plotted to silence the message of sacrifice, justice and freedom that Imam Hussain (as) represent. these killings will not work. Imam Hussain (as) lives on!!!!!! our Sunni brothers have nothing to do with the suicide bombings, criminality and killings targeting Shias. this is the handiwork of Wahhabis/Salafists, the slaves of America and Israel. they are the rotten egg in the Muslim body. they target Muslims and try to widen the sectarian gap because they camouflage as "Sunnis", while they also kill Sunnis. yesterday in Iraq over 300 Sunnis from the Abu Nimr clan were massacred by ISIS because they opposed ISIS and their evils. and the Sunnis are seeking help from the Shias. everywhere you hear sectarian killings targeting the Shias, or even Christians, Saudi Wahhabism is at work. all those groups you mentioned have one thing in common: Wahhabism. they kill Muslims, and commit atrocities on behalf of the West (as in Syria), and they are still used to tarnish the image of Muslims as a whole, and spread islamophobia. the only cure to this Wahhabi sickness is for Shia-Sunni unity. we can unite against criminality even if we have our theological differences.
Fantastic!
Re: B-R-E-A-K-I-N-G! Bomb Explosion Kills 10 In Yobe by okpismart: 9:02pm On Nov 03, 2014
Mayour11:
May God help us in this nation.

And he will
Re: B-R-E-A-K-I-N-G! Bomb Explosion Kills 10 In Yobe by AustineE1: 10:11pm On Nov 03, 2014
LagosShia:

prophet Mohammed mandated muslims to go on pilgrimage in their life time and being one of the five pillars of Islam,most devoted muslims who can afford it,carry out this mandate. During pilgrimage muslims from all over the world visit Mecca and Medina,the second most holiest city in Islam and when Sallah is called,the Wahabbi and Salafist Imam leads other Muslim Ummahs in prayers to Allah,dont you think that one wld assume that Wahabbi and Salafist are more inclined to true knowlegde of Islam and truly practise Islam in accordance to the law of Allah.
And if Wahabbi Saudi truly funds ISIS,then ISIS wont be threatening to blow up the black stone of Mecca or Kaaba,which they claim that by Muslims kissing it during Pilgrimage connotes idolatry....am nt holding brief for Saudi(Wahabbism) but i only think that Sunnis are more inclined to terrorism or radical Jihadism and one can hardly differentiate between other Sunnis and Wahabbi(Sunnis).
Re: B-R-E-A-K-I-N-G! Bomb Explosion Kills 10 In Yobe by Nobody: 10:12pm On Nov 03, 2014
And its yet to make front page if it were Christians that died now it will make front page angry
Re: B-R-E-A-K-I-N-G! Bomb Explosion Kills 10 In Yobe by noblealuu: 10:17pm On Nov 03, 2014
Shia, sunnis and sunny all na d same Quaran dem dey read. Shikena!
Re: B-R-E-A-K-I-N-G! Bomb Explosion Kills 10 In Yobe by LagosShia: 10:49pm On Nov 03, 2014
AustineE1:

prophet Mohammed mandated muslims to go on pilgrimage in their life time and being one of the five pillars of Islam,most devoted muslims who can afford it,carry out this mandate. During pilgrimage muslims from all over the world visit Mecca and Medina,the second most holiest city in Islam and when Sallah is called,the Wahabbi and Salafist Imam leads other Muslim Ummahs in prayers to Allah,dont you think that one wld assume that Wahabbi and Salafist are more inclined to true knowlegde of Islam and truly practise Islam in accordance to the law of Allah.
And if Wahabbi Saudi truly funds ISIS,then ISIS wont be threatening to blow up the black stone of Mecca or Kaaba,which they claim that by Muslims kissing it during Pilgrimage connotes idolatry....am nt holding brief for Saudi(Wahabbism) but i only think that Sunnis are more inclined to terrorism or radical Jihadism and one can hardly differentiate between other Sunnis and Wahabbi(Sunnis).

No! you cannot assume they are "more inclined" to Islam because they have political authority over the holiest places of Islam. you need to read history and know how the al-Saud came to power in Arabia. their first victims were mainstream Sunnis before Shias were.

also, Muslims go to perform pilgrimage in Makkah and Medinah in batches. you do not necessarily have to be led by the Wahhabi prayer leader approved by the Saudi authorities. each batch has its own leader and imam that leads it.

the thing with ISIS and alqaeda and its other affiliates that the West doesnt seem to learn is that these people are monsters. you cannot trust them. they will always end up biting the hands that fed them. if the West see their extremism and barbarism as means to accomplish the goals of the West, then the West should know that these monsters would still come back to "payback". Bin Laden did it after the West used and nurtured him in afghanistan against the Soviets. it is not a hidden secret the West and its arabian/muslim puppets (saudi, qatar and turkey) support and fund terrorists, or so called jihadists, into syria. it just happened that the ISIS monster got out of control. Bashar al-Assad warned the West. he told them that it would only be time before these monsters turn their barbarism against Westerners.
Re: B-R-E-A-K-I-N-G! Bomb Explosion Kills 10 In Yobe by WIZGUY69(m): 11:37pm On Nov 03, 2014
undecided cry r.I.p to those that lost there lives.

where's our GCFR?

1 Like

Re: B-R-E-A-K-I-N-G! Bomb Explosion Kills 10 In Yobe by james669: 7:29am On Nov 04, 2014
WIZGUY69:
undecided cry r.I.p to those that lost there lives.

where's our GCFR?

Must GEJ be everywhere?
Re: B-R-E-A-K-I-N-G! Bomb Explosion Kills 10 In Yobe by Nobody: 7:31am On Nov 04, 2014
Do we have a President? I "think" so

(1) (Reply)

GANI ADAMS INTERVIEW: Full Of Blunders, Says Elections Will Hold On January 28th / BREAKING: Rivers: Wike Appoints Chief Judge, Reinstates Sacked Lecturers / Buhari's Mission To Chad And Niger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.