Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,439 members, 7,812,312 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:29 AM

Does God Predetermines Whom you Marry? MY OPINION!!! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Does God Predetermines Whom you Marry? MY OPINION!!! (2063 Views)

Is It Legal for me To Marry My Cousin? / I Am Forced To Marry My Own Mother, What Do I Do? / I Want To Marry My Mother! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does God Predetermines Whom you Marry? MY OPINION!!! by donogaga(m): 10:17pm On Nov 03, 2014
God does not destine you/me/us to marry a particular person, We have to search and pray for the right person. is this true/false?

I need answers.
Re: Does God Predetermines Whom you Marry? MY OPINION!!! by braine(m): 11:06pm On Nov 03, 2014
I don't get your question.
Re: Does God Predetermines Whom you Marry? MY OPINION!!! by Kanwulia: 12:02am On Nov 04, 2014
Has he or she found a spouse for himself/herself first? undecided
Re: Does God Predetermines Whom you Marry? MY OPINION!!! by Nobody: 4:40pm On Nov 04, 2014
His guidance and direction are always available to us, if we seek His face, but who we decide to choose is up to us.

donogaga:
We have to search and pray for the right person.

2 Likes

Re: Does God Predetermines Whom you Marry? MY OPINION!!! by radiant3(f): 9:12pm On Nov 04, 2014
@op Absolute truth!
U av to shine ur eyes,search nd pray for d right partner
Re: Does God Predetermines Whom you Marry? MY OPINION!!! by MARKone(m): 10:34pm On Nov 04, 2014
donogaga:
God does not destine you/me/us to marry a particular person, We have to search and pray for the right person. is this true/false?

I need answers.

You contradicted yourself there. You are right about praying to have or receive the right partner, who do you pray to if not God. My submission about this partner thing is this, God the supreme being has already set for us whom to marry, in other words, there is a man designed for a particular woman and a woman created for a particular man, 陰陽 the issue now lies in finding that right person.

2 Likes

Re: Does God Predetermines Whom you Marry? MY OPINION!!! by bukatyne(f): 12:44am On Nov 05, 2014
MARKone:

You contradicted yourself there. You are right about praying to have or receive the right partner, who do you pray to if not God. My submission about this partner thing is this, God the supreme being has already set for us whom to marry, in other words, there is a man designed for a particular woman and a woman created for a particular man, 陰陽 the issue now lies in finding that right person.

100% support cheesy

Finding the person is the issue. It does not mean you can't marry another if you don't find the person grin
Re: Does God Predetermines Whom you Marry? MY OPINION!!! by gidjah(m): 7:56am On Nov 05, 2014
GOD will not get you a wife o,He That FindetH a wife .,,god has stopped giving man a wife after d genesis saga ,so u look for and ask him to bless it and give u d grace to manage d trouble you have found! lol

2 Likes

Re: Does God Predetermines Whom you Marry? MY OPINION!!! by beeevan: 8:04am On Nov 05, 2014
I didn't even pray concerning my partner before deciding.

1 Like

Re: Does God Predetermines Whom you Marry? MY OPINION!!! by Nobody: 8:52am On Nov 05, 2014
beeevan:

You really need to stop making me feel like I've a lost twin. grin
Re: Does God Predetermines Whom you Marry? MY OPINION!!! by humilitypays(m): 8:55am On Nov 05, 2014
I don't know either, but sometimes I feel life is pre-destined: que sera sera, whatever will be, will be. still don't know if its true or false, but prayer is keysmiley

1 Like

Re: Does God Predetermines Whom you Marry? MY OPINION!!! by beeevan: 9:35am On Nov 05, 2014
Phema:

You really need to stop making me feel like I've a lost twin. grin

grin grin Phema that's very possible, the doc took you away through that back door usually located in the delivery room, hope they gave you off to one Ibru or Dangote lipsrsealed tonguegrin.
Re: Does God Predetermines Whom you Marry? MY OPINION!!! by Nobody: 1:15pm On Nov 05, 2014
beeevan:

grin grin Phema that's very possible, the doc took you away through that back door usually located in the delivery room, hope they gave you off to one Ibru or Dangote lipsrsealed tonguegrin.

I couldn't make it to Dangote's abode, so I decided to just manage Otedola. grin grin
Re: Does God Predetermines Whom you Marry? MY OPINION!!! by beeevan: 2:52pm On Nov 05, 2014
Phema:

I couldn't make it to Dangote's abode, so I decided to just manage Otedola. grin grin

grin grin
Re: Does God Predetermines Whom you Marry? MY OPINION!!! by Yossykit: 5:01pm On Nov 05, 2014
MARKone:

u got it wrong sir. It is not biblical, no bible standard. Read ur bible and undastand it.
Re: Does God Predetermines Whom you Marry? MY OPINION!!! by thorpido(m): 7:57am On Nov 06, 2014
There is a perfect person for every man or woman.However,marrying that person depends on if you follow His guidance and direction.
As a human being,you have a free will to choose whoever you want who may not be God's choice for you.

1 Like

Re: Does God Predetermines Whom you Marry? MY OPINION!!! by thorpido(m): 7:58am On Nov 06, 2014
beeevan:
Do you pray before making major decisions in other areas?
Just asking.
Re: Does God Predetermines Whom you Marry? MY OPINION!!! by EfemenaXY: 8:24am On Nov 06, 2014
Smh at the sort of backward questions asked here.

Nor be by force to open thread na. @op, what about those married to wife beaters, drug peddlers, 419ers, yahoo-yahoo, Agberos, armed robbers, and other societal ills and even murderers?

Was it God's choosing for them too?
Re: Does God Predetermines Whom you Marry? MY OPINION!!! by bukatyne(f): 9:27am On Nov 06, 2014
thorpido:
There is a perfect person for every man or woman. However, marrying that person depends on if you follow His guidance and direction.
As a human being, you have a free will to choose whoever you want who may not be God's choice for you.

100% supported cheesy
Re: Does God Predetermines Whom you Marry? MY OPINION!!! by DBestDoc(f): 1:03pm On Nov 06, 2014
MARKone:

What if a person's predestined spouse dies before attaining adulthood, does it mean that the other living person will die single or spouseless(if there is any word like that grin)?

2 Likes

Re: Does God Predetermines Whom you Marry? MY OPINION!!! by donogaga(m): 2:36pm On Nov 06, 2014
MARKone:

Well, I have no question that some People benefit from the belief that God predestines your spouse. It inspires many married couples to view their relationship as more than a chance occurrence and to appreciate the hand of God in bringing them together.
Re: Does God Predetermines Whom you Marry? MY OPINION!!! by pickabeau1: 2:41pm On Nov 06, 2014
OP

You should have posted this in the religion section
Re: Does God Predetermines Whom you Marry? MY OPINION!!! by donogaga(m): 2:47pm On Nov 06, 2014
pickabeau1:
OP

You should have posted this in the religion section

Ok, Noted.

However, If you are already married, I trust you will find this perspective helpful in counseling others. Have your say!!!
Re: Does God Predetermines Whom you Marry? MY OPINION!!! by pickabeau1: 2:51pm On Nov 06, 2014
donogaga:

Ok, Noted.

However, If you are already married, I trust you will find this perspective helpful in counseling others. Have your say!!!

All the best
Re: Does God Predetermines Whom you Marry? MY OPINION!!! by bukatyne(f): 3:14pm On Nov 06, 2014
DBestDoc:
[/b]

What if a person's predestined spouse dies before attaining adulthood, does it mean that the other living person will die single or spouseless(if there is any word like that grin)?

95% of married people are not married to who God destined for them angry

God can even tell you the Musa is your destined husband and you refuse to marry him. He will not force you ke.

There is the perfect fit and good fit. If perfect fit dies, there are still a lot of good fits
Re: Does God Predetermines Whom you Marry? MY OPINION!!! by Yossykit: 4:46pm On Nov 06, 2014
DBestDoc:
[/b]

dont mind him jare. No biblical basis for dis, It is just a church doctrine. One can marry whom he or she love but only in the lord(christian) according to apostle paul.
Re: Does God Predetermines Whom you Marry? MY OPINION!!! by beeevan: 4:54pm On Nov 06, 2014
thorpido:
Do you pray before making major decisions in other areas?
Just asking.

No, I pray if I have a request to make from God, not before decisions, he already gave me a brain to make appropriate decisions.
Re: Does God Predetermines Whom you Marry? MY OPINION!!! by Bootylicious(f): 7:18pm On Nov 06, 2014
This is one huge puzzle I have always tried solving and I just concluded from 2 scriptures. 1st do not b equally yoked with an un believer and 2ndly God has given us the right to choose, just choose wisely...
Re: Does God Predetermines Whom you Marry? MY OPINION!!! by JojoArmani(m): 9:55pm On Nov 06, 2014
Seriously interesting in dis topic. Am here to read comments
Re: Does God Predetermines Whom you Marry? MY OPINION!!! by thorpido(m): 10:07pm On Nov 06, 2014
bukatyne:

95% of married people are not married to who God destined for them angry

God can even tell you the Musa is your destined husband and you refuse to marry him. He will not force you ke.

There is the perfect fit and good fit. If perfect fit dies, there are still a lot of good fits
You're right.
DBestDoc:
[/b]

Destiny means it will happen.That means the person's spouse will not die until they have met.If a man is destined to graduate from the university,it means he will not die before graduating.
Yossykit:
dont mind him jare. No biblical basis for dis, It is just a church doctrine. One can marry whom he or she love but only in the lord(christian) according to apostle paul.
'Be not conformed to this world but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind that you may prove what is that GOOD and ACCEPTABLE and PERFECT WILL of God(Romans 12:2)'.
Did you notice that there are 3 levels in God:the good,the acceptable and the perfect.If a man makes a choice that is not evil,it's a good choice.Sometimes you can make decisions that are acceptable,God allows you to.
However,the highest level is when you fit into the perfect will.

A good biblical example was when God told Moses to speak to the rock and water will come out.Moses had become angry and instead of speaking,he struck the rock.You know what?Water still came out!
It was not God's perfect will but it was acceptable.
Re: Does God Predetermines Whom you Marry? MY OPINION!!! by thorpido(m): 10:29pm On Nov 06, 2014
beeevan:

No, I pray if I have a request to make from God, not before decisions, he already gave me a brain to make appropriate decisions.
Okay,I thought you didn't believe in prayer.

(1) (Reply)

30 Rules A Married Woman Must Follow? / Who Has Answer To This Confusing Question? / Why Do Women Oppress Quiet Husbands.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.